The Capital Grille - Denver
1450 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Denver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 3035392500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Bergstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Denver
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Capital Grille - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (154)notable wine list (111)romantic (91)fit for foodies (74)good for groups (52)vibrant bar scene (48)hot spot (47)great for lunch (27)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Waiter had an attitudeLovegreatfoodVIPDined on 10/22/2014I love the good, but find some of the waiters/waitresses a bit...what shall I say...stand-off'ish. Some of them don't look they want to be there. What a pity!!! The food is consistently great.
- Always AmazingBrenEdVIPDined on 10/21/2014If you are after impeccable service, amazing food, warm ambiance, a perfect dining experience GO to Denver's Capial Grille!Special Features:
- Wonderful2bostongirlsDined on 10/19/2014My wife and I celebrates our 2 year civil union. Service ( as always) was above and beyond. Staff is efficient, and always professional. Food = A++ We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but a bit disappointingGonzotheGreatDined on 10/17/2014Everything was good,but my steak was overlooked. If I order a 50 dollar steak rare, I expect it to be rare and not medium rare, especially after the server took such pains to explain the difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar service but so-so steaksJacqueVIPDined on 10/17/2014We experienced some of the best service of any restaurant we have ever been in! From the moment we walked through the door to the moment we left, we were exceptionally well cared for. We had a party of 5, three of whom had fish/seafood and all said it was very good. My husband and I both had the crusted filet with Gorgonzola and were underwhelmed. The cheese was too heavy and overpowered the beef and neither of us could identify what the crust was or even if there was a crust! The filets were cooked perfectly, however. For a steak house, I expect more.Special Features:
- Service was AMAZINGDenverCVIPDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I went to Capital Grille for our 9th wedding anniversary. We sat in the lounge so we could order the wagyu burger and wine pairing- we had no idea it would end up being one of the most memorable nights! Sarah took amazing care of us- she even went across the street to get gluten free bread for me! AMAZING! The table was strewn with rose petals and complimentary champagne kicked the evening off right. The food was amazing and the meal was paced perfectly- I can't say enough how wonderful a 'non-eventful' numbered anniversary was. Now how are we going to top that for our 10 year??Special Features:
- Outstanding service, excellent foodAyoOVIPDined on 10/16/2014I've eaten here four times in two weeks and can't say enough about the outstanding service and delicious food. It continues to be one of the best places for our client lunches and I look forward to getting to know more of the staff and menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Serviceckmd25VIPDined on 10/11/2014The food here was pretty good overall. I think I was the only one of six that didn't like their's, so that's pretty good. I would suggest ordering steak or a dish that does not have to be cooked perfectly to be tasty. I orrdered the scallops and they we're way overcooked and rubbery. I frequently order scallops and unfortunately these were amongst the worst. However, the other dishes we're quiet good, the people at my party who ordered steak all really enjoyed their's as well as the lamb chop and sea bass. Additionally, the appetizers were quite good as well as the dessert, especially the coconut cream pie. The service was nice, slightly stuffy, but nice. They we're slightly slow but it was a saturday night so that's no uncommon.
- Nice place for a splurgewineanddineDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent, the service impeccable, and the environment very relaxing. But the cost is certainly high, so maybe save dinner here for a special occasion if that matters to you. Very convenient to the symphony and peforming arts center, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat in DenverKat123Dined on 10/6/2014It was a fine dining experience, the good was excellent, the service was great. The only thing I didn't like was the annoying loud conversation that a group of people was having on the table next to my party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- APinoDined on 10/4/2014Staff was very welcoming, and food was amazing! My husband and I both enjoyed the crab cakes to start, and the tenderloin with butter poached lobster. Steak was tender, and lobster had great flavor. For being an upscale restaurant the atmosphere was relaxed, while maintaining an elegant vibe. Great experience, we will be back!Special Features:
- Always Awesome!Rockwine98Dined on 9/30/2014You won't be disappointed at the Capital Grille. Top notch. Mediterranean Salad with Shrimp was outstanding for lunch. Steaks are out of this world. The servers are always pleasant, professional, and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum Steak...eatoutalotVIPDined on 9/28/2014...but also that amazing grand tower of cold seafood and that, pricey but fun to peruse for a new favorite, wine list. Hard to find ANYTHING to complain about with the exception of the loss of free Valet Parking...at this price point it should be a given! (think Shanahan's or Del Frisco's!) But when we are downtown or in need of a destination the Capital Grille it is....Special Features:
- Consistent and Great ServiceTimADined on 9/27/2014Capital Grille is a chain, but a great one at that. We frequented the Tampa location quite a bit and always loved the kona-encrusted sirloin entree and double chocolate hazelnut cake for dessert. So now we are in the Denver and tried the restaurant on Larimer St. Great service and our favorites were served up just the way we remembered. Our server also gave us the dessert free as we told her it was for our daughter at home. Nice touch.Special Features:
- Outstanding food & serviceallgoodsmileDined on 9/27/2014The Capital Grill is the most elegant steak house in town. The food is by far the best if you want beef and shellfish and they will prepare it anyway you like. Lobster mac & cheese was divine! The service is wonderful and overall a memorable place to celebrate a special occasion. It's located in the charming Larimer Square which has plenty of bars for a night cap.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAbelVIPDined on 9/27/2014I'm a big fan of area steak/fine restuarants. The Capital Grille far surpassed any of my favorites. Two of my favorites are within 5 minutes of this restuarant. My steak and my wife's steak were prepared to perfection. The staff were amazing. We were celebrating my wife's birthday and the simple touch to our table and desert was fine addition. Highly recommended!!Special Features:
- Food and service is exceptionalLoDoeatsDined on 9/24/2014Everything in the Capital Grille is outstanding. However, you pay for it - generally speaking prices are at least 25% higher than other high end restaurants.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/21/2014Always a great restaurant, no matter what city you're in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service EverwinebabyDined on 9/19/2014Dined at CG-Denver for my guys' birthday dinner. Food was wonderful, wine was stellar, but the service was what pushed this experience over the top. Amanda Camp, our server, was fantastic - responsive but not hovering, knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the menu and feature items. She comp'd our table an extra side dish and it was EXACTLY what we'd all been considering adding anyway (seriously a mind reader!). Only bummer... we heard that CG was removing the Chop Salad from the menu at the end of the month. The Chop is a staple of the CG menu, and it would be a shame to see it go. KEEP THE CHOP!!!Special Features:
- Denver's finestWiedseatsDined on 9/13/2014For big restuarant, the Grille has many great seating combos. It was my wife's birthday and they put us in a special place without their knowing who we were. Manager and wait staff extremely attentive... steaks far better than Elways's which we love. Great area of Denver...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as competitionMagicVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Capital Grille touts to be one of the best. By that standard, they did not meet the quality of their competition in Denver. Chopped salade was not up to par and the Sea Bass was good but not spectacular.
- Classic Upscale Diningjlauer40Dined on 9/4/2014Capital Grille is a great restaurant that offer great food with serive to match. Our waitor, Ilan, was very knowledgeable and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Business LunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a great place for a female business associate to treat a male business associate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingStaciaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waitstaff was perfectly attentive without being intrusive, and the energy level of the entire staff was surprisingly excellent, given it was the last night of Restaurant week, and I'm sure all were exhausted. Especially notable, our waiter Andrew, was a gem - he provided impeccable service, was genuinely fun, friendly and considerate. We would return based on his service alone, but of course, the food was incredible. We were fortunate enough to receive seating at a table in the back in a more private room, and so the noise level was low. Overall outstanding!Special Features:
- WonderfulDined on 8/29/2014Everything was awesome. Service was first class too.Special Features:
- Sweetie, darling..MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was Absolutely Fabulous! We had a great time with great food. The staff is kind and professional and very knowledgeable and the food is over the top. I will be back and I will recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST FOR A REASON !yumyumDined on 8/27/2014Always consistent. The gals upfront do a wonderful job. We love Sunshine: she is so good and attentive to details and very responsive to special requests. The Grill is lucky to have her. I am sure all the customers love her. We enjoyed meeting Dustin, one of the new managers. The food and service are always outstanding. Their Restaurant Week menu is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Another wonderful night at Capital Grill. This restaurant never fails to excel in every level. A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous score for Restaurant WeekLindaBeeDined on 8/27/2014As first timers we took advantage of Restaurant week to sample the Capital Grille. We were not disappointed. The steaks were wonderful and perfectly cooked. The rest of the meal was a bit uneven. The caesar salad was a bit ordinary with one, seriously one, anchovy. The bread assortment was fabulous especially the pumpernickel and the desserts, a cheesecake and flourless chocolate cake were excellent. The shrimp cocktail was a little disappointing as the shrimp was not sweet and slightly undercooked. While appetizers, sides, and desserts were on the whole merely adequate except for the bread, I would go back, at full price to eat the steaks. At $30 for salad, steak, and dessert, it was a steal.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingAudeoVIPDined on 8/27/2014Of all the Capital Grilles I visit (Fort Worth to Pittsburgh), Denver should be their absolute flagship. None can compare to their service here, and Denver has the BEST lobster bisque of all! Last, but absolutely not least, no Capital Grille but Denver's has the superlative hostess, Sunshine. You can't possibly dream of a better place than this!!!Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceauroraVIPDined on 8/26/2014very busy and a little loud until the crowds dwindled down. food was excellent. service was attentive without being overbearingSpecial Features:
- A chain restaurant in every wayKellUtopianEventsVIPDined on 8/26/2014I avoid chain restaurants as a general rule.The food is salty, the service is robotic, the prices are unwarranted, and the crowd is unruly and unpleasant due to general morale mismanagement. I tried Capital Grille after being referred by a couple people. I regret that decision. My most prominent complaints are the cost, the extremely loud atmosphere, the extreme wait for everything, and the robotic unpleasantness they call customer service. Denver's food scene is vibrant and alive and there are COUNTLESS alternatives that offer a 5 star experience for a fraction of the cost and inconvenience available here.
- Great place to dineBzreview2010Dined on 8/26/2014Took wife and kids here. Was very welcoming. They give kids a little gift bag with some small toys etc. my kids loved it! Food was amazing!! Very happening place. Vallet was great. Great location. Great service. Will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014Myself and three friends went to dinner and we all loved the Restaurant. We did not know what to expect and were pleased it was so classy. Our Waiter was wonderful; and the food was also great. I left my Visa at the Restaurant and they mailed it to me right away. I would pick this as one of the best Restaurants in Denver ; and have been to many top restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dineout81Dineout81Dined on 8/25/2014Even though busy and crowded, food was outstanding as was the service. Only negative is the noise level. Typical of so many of the high end steak houses, the noise level is very high--one of the noisiest restaurants I have ever been in. Also, this is a high end steak house, therefore very expensive. But if you don't mind the noise and the price, you won't find a better steak.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014The Capital Grill is our favorite go to place for great food, great service and good wine. The food is very flavorful, the waiting staff has a good understanding of the wine selection and the service staff cooperates to provide excellent service.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerCherDined on 8/25/2014I went for 5280 and the food was amazing and Stephanie was great. I will be back for dinner again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Everything about the Capital Grille is great from it's ambience to it's wonderful service. The steaks and seafood are always cooked and seasoned to perfection. The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella is always delightful and the service goes beyond compare. Truly a fantastic place to dine where you can relax, take in the ambience and be treated like royalty. Excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 WeekAngel7Dined on 8/25/2014After trying to get into the Capital Grille several times I finally was able to try this restaurant and was quite impressed. The food was awesome and had wonderful service. Look forward to going again and bringing my husband.Special Features:
- restaurant weekjjandjdDined on 8/25/2014We went for restaurant week. The beef medallions melted in your mouth. Everything was great. We definitely will be going back to try their regular menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.