The Capital Grille - Denver
1450 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Denver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (303) 539-2500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Bergstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Denver
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Capital Grille - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
198 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (158)notable wine list (108)fit for foodies (86)romantic (82)good for groups (56)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (41)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Denver's finestWiedseatsDined on 9/13/2014For big restuarant, the Grille has many great seating combos. It was my wife's birthday and they put us in a special place without their knowing who we were. Manager and wait staff extremely attentive... steaks far better than Elways's which we love. Great area of Denver...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as competitionMagicVIPDined on 9/9/2014The Capital Grille touts to be one of the best. By that standard, they did not meet the quality of their competition in Denver. Chopped salade was not up to par and the Sea Bass was good but not spectacular.
- Classic Upscale Diningjlauer40Dined on 9/4/2014Capital Grille is a great restaurant that offer great food with serive to match. Our waitor, Ilan, was very knowledgeable and personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Business LunchesOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/3/2014This is a great place for a female business associate to treat a male business associate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingStaciaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Our waitstaff was perfectly attentive without being intrusive, and the energy level of the entire staff was surprisingly excellent, given it was the last night of Restaurant week, and I'm sure all were exhausted. Especially notable, our waiter Andrew, was a gem - he provided impeccable service, was genuinely fun, friendly and considerate. We would return based on his service alone, but of course, the food was incredible. We were fortunate enough to receive seating at a table in the back in a more private room, and so the noise level was low. Overall outstanding!Special Features:
- WonderfulDined on 8/29/2014Everything was awesome. Service was first class too.Special Features:
- Sweetie, darling..MonkeyMattyVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was Absolutely Fabulous! We had a great time with great food. The staff is kind and professional and very knowledgeable and the food is over the top. I will be back and I will recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE BEST FOR A REASON !yumyumDined on 8/27/2014Always consistent. The gals upfront do a wonderful job. We love Sunshine: she is so good and attentive to details and very responsive to special requests. The Grill is lucky to have her. I am sure all the customers love her. We enjoyed meeting Dustin, one of the new managers. The food and service are always outstanding. Their Restaurant Week menu is a great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always 5 StarsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Another wonderful night at Capital Grill. This restaurant never fails to excel in every level. A favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous score for Restaurant WeekLindaBeeDined on 8/27/2014As first timers we took advantage of Restaurant week to sample the Capital Grille. We were not disappointed. The steaks were wonderful and perfectly cooked. The rest of the meal was a bit uneven. The caesar salad was a bit ordinary with one, seriously one, anchovy. The bread assortment was fabulous especially the pumpernickel and the desserts, a cheesecake and flourless chocolate cake were excellent. The shrimp cocktail was a little disappointing as the shrimp was not sweet and slightly undercooked. While appetizers, sides, and desserts were on the whole merely adequate except for the bread, I would go back, at full price to eat the steaks. At $30 for salad, steak, and dessert, it was a steal.Special Features:
- Always OutstandingAudeoVIPDined on 8/27/2014Of all the Capital Grilles I visit (Fort Worth to Pittsburgh), Denver should be their absolute flagship. None can compare to their service here, and Denver has the BEST lobster bisque of all! Last, but absolutely not least, no Capital Grille but Denver's has the superlative hostess, Sunshine. You can't possibly dream of a better place than this!!!Special Features:
- excellent food and serviceauroraVIPDined on 8/26/2014very busy and a little loud until the crowds dwindled down. food was excellent. service was attentive without being overbearingSpecial Features:
- A chain restaurant in every wayKellUtopianEventsVIPDined on 8/26/2014I avoid chain restaurants as a general rule.The food is salty, the service is robotic, the prices are unwarranted, and the crowd is unruly and unpleasant due to general morale mismanagement. I tried Capital Grille after being referred by a couple people. I regret that decision. My most prominent complaints are the cost, the extremely loud atmosphere, the extreme wait for everything, and the robotic unpleasantness they call customer service. Denver's food scene is vibrant and alive and there are COUNTLESS alternatives that offer a 5 star experience for a fraction of the cost and inconvenience available here.
- Great place to dineBzreview2010Dined on 8/26/2014Took wife and kids here. Was very welcoming. They give kids a little gift bag with some small toys etc. my kids loved it! Food was amazing!! Very happening place. Vallet was great. Great location. Great service. Will be back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014Myself and three friends went to dinner and we all loved the Restaurant. We did not know what to expect and were pleased it was so classy. Our Waiter was wonderful; and the food was also great. I left my Visa at the Restaurant and they mailed it to me right away. I would pick this as one of the best Restaurants in Denver ; and have been to many top restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dineout81Dineout81Dined on 8/25/2014Even though busy and crowded, food was outstanding as was the service. Only negative is the noise level. Typical of so many of the high end steak houses, the noise level is very high--one of the noisiest restaurants I have ever been in. Also, this is a high end steak house, therefore very expensive. But if you don't mind the noise and the price, you won't find a better steak.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014The Capital Grill is our favorite go to place for great food, great service and good wine. The food is very flavorful, the waiting staff has a good understanding of the wine selection and the service staff cooperates to provide excellent service.Special Features:
- Amazing dinnerCherDined on 8/25/2014I went for 5280 and the food was amazing and Stephanie was great. I will be back for dinner again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT....OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014Everything about the Capital Grille is great from it's ambience to it's wonderful service. The steaks and seafood are always cooked and seasoned to perfection. The prosciutto wrapped mozzarella is always delightful and the service goes beyond compare. Truly a fantastic place to dine where you can relax, take in the ambience and be treated like royalty. Excellent wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280 WeekAngel7Dined on 8/25/2014After trying to get into the Capital Grille several times I finally was able to try this restaurant and was quite impressed. The food was awesome and had wonderful service. Look forward to going again and bringing my husband.Special Features:
- restaurant weekjjandjdDined on 8/25/2014We went for restaurant week. The beef medallions melted in your mouth. Everything was great. We definitely will be going back to try their regular menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014My fiance and I recently came here during restaurant week. We've been here several times before and LOVE the food, so figured we would get it at the discount rate. The portion sizes and choices were very generous and definitely exceeded the $30/person we put out. Our server was very helpful and polite, but they always are at this place. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- A dinner to remembergastronomeDined on 8/24/2014We dined with two other couples and although the Restaurant was full, we were immediately taken to our table and introduced to our very attentive waitress Kayla, who took our drink orders and left us to settle in and peruse the menu. Dustin, the manager came by to offer us a free taste of a Belgian juniper gin and get our impressions. All 6 of us were very pleased with quality, presentation and taste of our dinners and the classy yet relaxed ambiance of Capitol Grille. A Denver gem to which we will return again and again for special occasions.Special Features:
- Delivers As AlwaysJoyOnPearlStDined on 8/24/2014The Capital Grille always delivers...food, drink and outstanding service. We were lucky enough to get a reservation during Denver Restaurant Week. The salads (had the caesar with fresh water anchovies) were outstanding and the entrees were cooked to such perfection that the meat slid off the bone of the Kona steak. The waitstaff and table assistants had wonderful attitudes and were great. Lane, our waiter and Dustin the manager made us feel taken care of and important...and they were a lot of fun! Thank you, Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An extremely fine dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/24/2014Our nite of dining at the Capital Grill was extraordinary. The ambience was quite elegant, yet soft and subdued. And this was with the restaurant's tables filled. The service was simply outstanding. Our waiter, Santiago, and the rest of the staff insured that we were well taken care of. My husband asked if a Bone IN Filet was available, as it was not on the Menu. Without hesitation, our waiter, Santiago, said a 16 Oz Bone In Filet was a Specialty and definitely available. We were all very satisfied with our meals, desserts and coffee. The convenience of Valet Parking made it a memorable nite. We will be recommending the Capital Grill to any of our friends who are looking for a fine dining experience.Special Features:
- wonderful expierench1bonjoviDined on 8/24/2014I give this restaurant 5 stars! Everything was perfect from the waiter's attention to the fabulous desert. I also noticed they knew how to seat people..they kept families with children in an area, large groups in another area and couples in another area. this made the experience even more enjoyable. My steak was cooked perfect and my sides were all hot. I recommend to anyone for a special occasion or just a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oktastyfoodieDined on 8/23/2014I was recommended this steakhouse in the heart of larrimer square and decided to try it. The restaurant was very busy and noisy. The waiter while acomidating, was'nt the best in service. The salad was nice, the steaks were good, the desert was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week Dinner ExperienceariselaineDined on 8/23/2014Went here with friends for restaurant week. Everyone enjoyed their meals, which included steak and salmon which were both cooked to perfection. Service was excellent as our server was personable and funny, and the restaurant manager came by our table to ensure that we enjoyed our dinner and offered suggestions for next time we dined there. Sides are served for the table, which was great as there were four of us.Special Features:
- JeanSDined on 8/23/2014We are typically disappointed at the 5280 deals, but this time it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrate birthdays herecelebr8Dined on 8/22/2014We were able to have a private room to celebrate my father in law's 81st and my shins 18th birthday. It was a wonderful myth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentDCS821Dined on 8/18/2014Capital is always a good place to go for good food & good wine. This particular time, my finacee's steak was very cold to the touch as in almost refrigerator cold when it was served but they rectified the situation promptly. Mistakes happen! But Capital is a great place to go so you should try it!Special Features:
- RomanticAshnJustinDined on 8/15/2014Everyone was very nice, professional, and very friendly. They were accommodating to our celebration of engagement.Special Features:
- Great night out!MarciRDined on 8/15/2014My husband and I went to The Capital Grille for our 10 yr anniversary. The staff was very friendly and informative. They even had roses on our table with a little card saying Happy Anniversary. The food was fantastic and we ate way too much food :) I would recomend this place to anyone wanting a special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and the best service!longlegandiDined on 8/14/2014Servers are fantastic here, and their food is great. I come here often and always leave content!Special Features:
- nice for special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Great place for special occasions, good service good food prices are a little steep but what you would expect for this type of setting. everything a-la-carte entre average price of $50.Special Features:
- KimBKimBDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I made a reservation for date night, and it was fabulous! Atmosphere was great and the service was stellar! Now, the food... the lobster mac and cheese is a must have!Special Features:
- foodcrazyDined on 8/8/2014The Capital Grille is my absolute favorite restaurant in Denver. Every dish I have had has been amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchCarlaDined on 8/7/2014We both had the special and it couldn't have been better. The service was superb. When we were being seated, I mentioned we wanted to linger and a booth. She took us to a perfect place to not be disturbed and really enjoy our conversation. Then we moved to the bar for a last glass of wine and had the best ambiance. The Capital Grille is a great place and you can't go wrong dining there.Special Features:
- WowCUengineerDined on 8/6/2014After the manager sat us down at a table with rose petals after hearing we were there to celebrate our anniversary, I knew it was going to be a great night. The generous pour wine option was great. Of course the food was top of the line.Special Features:
- one disappointmentpickyDined on 8/1/2014We love The Capital Grille but it was my husband's birthday and, because he is hard of hearing, I requested a quiet booth which we got in the back corner of the room and it was perfect for about fifteen minutes until a table of eight VERY LOUD people were seated next to us and from that point on he couldn't hear at all and I was having trouble myself. The waiter and manager were very gracious and even offered a complimentary desert but the noise level made it too uncomfortable to enjoy it so we just had to get out of the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.