The Capital Grille - Denver
1450 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202Neighborhood:
Downtown / LoDo
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Denver
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 3035392500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Larry Bergstein
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Denver
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Denver - Best Restaurants in Downtown / LoDo ›
The Capital Grille - Denver reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since April 2 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (139)notable wine list (98)romantic (73)fit for foodies (57)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (40)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (20)late-night find (18)great for brunch (11)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Special anniversary mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/29/2014We told them it was our anniversary celebration when we made the reservation. They greeted us with "Happy Anniversary" already at the front desk. The service was special, with two roses at the table, glass of complimentary champagne to start and little hearts confetti on the table. The manager also checked on us at the table. And it was not just our table because of the anniversary, but we saw him checking in on other tables as well. Whole staff was wonderful. A great place for that special occasion. Expensive but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amanda made our evening.Time2FlyAwayDined on 7/21/2014Ask for Amanda she was phenomenal. She made the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as nice as the past...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014We have been going to The Capital Grille for years and this time it just was not as nice. They now charge for the valet which used to be a very nice service. Now they charge you $8! The food was nice but the experience was just not as welcoming as the past.Special Features:
- Spectacular experience!kww125Dined on 7/19/2014Phenomenal food, phenomenal service, and all-around phenomenal experience. One of our favorite dining experiences!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!MTchrisDined on 7/12/2014Very nice meal, great steaks, great service ! With shared appetizer, entrée, salad and two drinks around 100.00 per person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServiceKeenanDined on 7/12/2014Our server Kayla was outstanding. She was kind enough to comp us champagne and dessert when we told her it was out parents' 39th wedding anniversary. The sommelier Chris was also very nice and recommended a great red wine.Special Features:
- Disappointed in an old favoritepawlDined on 7/8/2014Cap Grille has been one of my favorites for a while, but was disappointed when I found my Halibut to have a bone in it. As I bit down, I immediately told our waitress. With that, a manager immediately came to redeem the issue. I was very impressed with that service, until he implied he was going to take the fish off check, include free dessert and give me another glass of wine on the house. Later to find out, they charged me for only half the fish, made me pay for the dessert and never came to give me another glass of wine. Disappointed is the only word I can choose for my experience at Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Great 30th Anniversary dinner!LoveColoradoVIPDined on 7/7/2014We were seated at a wonderful, private booth near their kitchen, which was fun to watch. The table was nicely decorated in celebration of our anniversary. Such a special touch. I ordered the citrus salmon and spinach salad. Salad was terrific, as was the bread selection brought to the table ahead of time. The salmon was moist and good; however, when I was told the salmon is prepared med well, that is not what I got. It was pretty undercooked all the way through. Not the description our server told us. Nice crust though. We did the wine paring, which was a good price for all the wine we sampled. My husband had the filet with lobster tail which was great. Dessert was a good creme brulee cheesecake. Exceptional service!Special Features:
- Always Great!VANB1Dined on 7/5/2014You always know you will be well-served with excellent food at Capital Grille--in any city. Our server, Victoria, took great care of us and made sure we enjoyed our meal. Bone in fillet was delicious. Excellent cocktails too.Special Features:
- great mealkoopdogDined on 7/5/2014We had just a fabulous meal with great service. The coconut pie is the best I have ever had. The steak special was just perfect. The sides just disapear.
- Fantastic food and service!!SarahDined on 7/3/2014Everytime we go to the capital grille the service is top notch. They always make you feel special and go above and beyond to make your meal great. The bone-in filet was to die for!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille always impresses!HisrizzoDined on 6/28/2014We had to wait about 15 minutes past our reservation, during this time we enjoyed a drink in the bar. Once we were seated it took quite some time for our server to make contact with us, but in her place two other people stopped by our table. When we did meet our server she was very pleasant and apologetic, that instantly helped diffuse any bad feelings. Dinner was amazing cocktails were great (Stoli doli) and coconut cream pie was to die for. In the end Amanda comped one cocktail and desert and gave us advise for food and drinks the next day! We will definitely go back they have such great customer service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our best ever Wedding AnnivDenverTravelerDined on 6/28/2014The food was exquisite, and our server (Lane) and his cadre of assistants saw to our every need. The Table was splashed with various sized foil hearts and adorned with a single long-stemmed rose to set off the right atmosphere. Recommended wine match for our "evening special" beef and Seared Tuna selections was a 2012 Argentinian Alto Las ? Valle de Uco - Mendoza [Noteworthy for sure]. We would typically skip the dessert after dining with ample portions such as these (we started with the Beef Tartar' [truly setting a new benchmark for us in excellence] and 1/2 dozen East Coast Oysters), but were "comped" another Capital Grille favorite, the Coconut Creme Pie. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodKojonesVIPDined on 6/28/2014We come here for special occasions. Overall the service is good and food is done perfectly each time. This trip had a bit of an awkward moment when, after we valeted our car out front, we went inside and the hostess looked at us with confused faces almost as if to wonder why we were there (we were wearing appropriate clothing and were clean - same as always). So after a quick couple seconds of this, I said we had two for dinner under our reservation. Then the person seating tables came up and had a similar confused way about her as if to wonder what to do next - seat us or let us just stand there? After that, dinner was great and I love that anybody in the restaurant has the authority to address a request from guests. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RORVEODined on 6/26/2014I was visiting from Texas on business with some co-workers. We decided to give this place a shot. I'm sure glad we did. We all left very satisfied. Great place. Excellent steaks!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille, DenverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014This is our second time at this great restaurant! Love it!Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014We love coming to Capital Grille! We have been here several years in a row to celebrate our anniversary, and they havevmade it special and personal every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always try the specialluv2dzineDined on 6/16/2014The special steak salad was outstanding! I always have the Special of the Day and am never disappointed. Be sure to save room for the Chocolate Espresso Cake or Coconut Cream Pie............heavenly!Special Features:
- Great Birthday Dinner!amdDenverVIPDined on 6/14/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. As requested, they gave us a booth which we appreciated it. Also they decordated the table (very nicely), which surprised by husband. The food was wonderful and everyone took great care of us during our dinning experience. I would highgly recommend Captial Grille for a special occasion for those who enjoy steak and seafood.Special Features:
- Worth the priceSalCDined on 6/14/2014We went there to celebrate Father's Day. The menu selection was very good. The Calamari was excellent. They had a very nice selection of wines too. They ran out of the special Salmon quite early in the evening which I thought was poor planning. But we found something on the menu that was satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best ExperienceSpaceCowboyDined on 6/13/2014First off, I suggest using Open Table to book the reservations, the Capital Grille follows the directions to a tee. It was our 24th anniversary and when we got to our table, it was all decorated with a nice card from the crew. We had Jamil Tealer for our waiter, he was amazing. This guy knows his wines and food and best of all LOVES his job. I love the quote he said to us, "I haven't had to work a day of my life".Special Features:
- Capital Grille: too expensivealanconVIPDined on 6/13/2014The Capital Grille's food is excellent, yet priced way too high. For the cost, one would expect a lovely presentation of the entree with some culinary additions to enhance the flavors. The service was excellent yet generally unfriendly. A smile on our server would have been welcome now and then. After receiving a binder full of wines by the bottle and the menu with more bottles of wine listed, we had to ask for a list of wines by the glass, which was quite short. Neither of us saw one that we liked. We expected to be treated better.
- LOVE Capital Grille!LuvCapGrilleDined on 6/12/2014We come to The Capital Grille at least once every year, always making sure to spend our anniversary there. Year after year they serve the most delicious food, create a perfect ambiance, and treat us like royalty for the evening. Thank you Capital Grille for such a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!!!LynnelleBVIPDined on 6/6/2014We will be back. It was amazing!! The food was perfect. The service was over the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleRestauranterDined on 6/3/2014The food was excellent; however, the service was sub-par for a restaurant this pricey. Also, the menus were enormous and too hard to open or flip through while having a conversation.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchKSHFoodieVIPDined on 6/3/2014Lovely dining experience, delicious food, and a great deal at that! The watermelon, arugula, feta salad was incredibly fresh and wonderful. I will be back!Special Features:
- Service not as great as normalMarkVIPDined on 5/30/2014We come here often and really enjoy the Capital Grille experience. This las time wasn't as great as we had a server, which we had in the past, who isn't very good. He was slow to take and deliver our drink order, seemed to ignore some of our party, while seemed to push more drinks on others. The food and everything else was great but hopefully, we don't ever have this server again.Special Features:
- Love the GrilleJoeyDined on 5/28/2014I go here a lot. The scallops and the watermelon salad are excellent. This is a great place for a business lunch. Ask to sit in Kayla's section. She's the best. Not hyperbole, she absolutely is the best.Special Features:
- Ribeye sandwichanniversaryVIPDined on 5/28/2014I always have great meals here but had a ribeye sandwich for lunch, it is a must have and au gratin potatoes. Service was excellent. I truly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memorablecugradDined on 5/26/2014I took my parents to the Capital Grille because it is my favorite restaurant in America for steaks and we were celebrating birthdays. I was a little concerned that the restaurant would be too noisy or that my Mom would be too fussy for the wait staff but I had no need to worry. Our server Sara was a true pro and she made even my Mom feel like she was right at home. The night was truly memorable (oh, and the steaks were out of this world, as always)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aways ConsistenteatoutalotVIPDined on 5/24/2014Looking for a good steak downtown...this is it. The Capital Grille is consistently reliable. They no longer offer free valet parking which may keep us closer to Shanahan's (where parking is free and the valet staff is awesome) The free valet had us heading there more often because of the convenience. The bar is fun. The noise can be a bit loud...not a "romantic" environment in that respect.Special Features:
- A wonderful first experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/24/2014A spontaneous dinner at a new place after a full day. Our dining at The Capital Grille turned out to be just the right spot. Great ambiance, charming and delightful personnel. Stephanie was a wonderful server to help us choose just the right food and deliver it in a relaxed time so that we could savor the moment and talk. We were dressed much more casual than usual for a dinner out, welcomed by the hostesses and treated with great care. Valet was wonderful too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Service anywhere!MarkDined on 5/23/2014Sarah Johnson has to be the best waitresses anywhere! My better half and I split meals and they enjoy helping us choose from the appetizer all the way through desert. The most elegant fun possible! We eat at Capital Grill about once a month and receive the best food and service compared to anywhere. Marcel is great at the bar, Rene is great in helping us choose wine. The food has always been excellent and cooked exactly as requested. See you there next month!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!BCordesDined on 5/23/2014This is definitely a MUST if you are coming to Denver. The food is very good!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome anniversary!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014My husband and I went here for our 20th wedding anniversary. We had made reservations and when we arrived a little early they were fine to seat us or go to the bar. We decided to sit at the bar for a pre dinner drink. Good drinks and very nice service. When it was time to head to our table they had roses and a congrats card on the table. Everything from the food to the service was impeccable! It's a little pricey, but good for a special occasion. Definitely one of my favorites now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect business lunchjanswaDined on 5/21/2014Great setting and perfect service/food for a business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First class diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/17/2014My first trip to Denver's Capital Grille did not disappoint. Food, service, ambiance, all were top notch. Attention to detail is evident here.Special Features:
- Best Late Night Birthday DinnerFatKidLuvzCakeDined on 5/16/2014It was our small group of 4 first time dining here and we loved everything about it. We arrived and was immediately seated to our booth with super cute birthday confetti on our table with a personalized birthday card for me. We loved our waitress Shelby she wished me a HBD right away and let me know my dessert was on them! It was late so we were all very hungry but our service for all of our food was very fast and we loved all the suggestions given to us. Lobster mac and cheese was by far our favorite! We will definitely be back, this is our new favorite steakhouse in Denver!~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you lunchkatmannduDined on 5/15/2014Took a group of 8 for a customer appreciation lunch. Tom Delgado was our server & couldn't have been better. Food was great. Chef even came out to check on how the fresh caught salmon went over.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An outstanding first impression.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014My mom and aunt are picky eaters but our friendly waiter accommodated to their needs and gave us an outstanding dinner. Broke my wallet with main dishes in a price range of $50 and up (not including sides such as the awesome grilled asparagus and mashed potatoes) but well worth it for a special occasion. (Mother's day) The seared tenderloin with sautéed lobster on top really killed me. It was amazing. If you like your steak more on the red side ask for medium rare. The meat is a tad smaller than your regular steak so it cooks more thoroughly. If you're okay with spending over $280 for four then it's a great place to have a nice dinner. Amazing Mother's day.Special Features: