The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown
500 Crescent Court, Suite 135
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 2143030500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mohammed Assi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Awarded OpenTable's Top 100 Best Restaurants in the U.S. for 2013. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Crescent Shops and Galleries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (120)notable wine list (75)romantic (71)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (33)great for lunch (33)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (22)hot spot (19)great for outdoor dining (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- MehrinaDined on 9/4/2014Excellent experience as always! We really enjoy going to Capital Grille!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Outstanding in every way. Our server, John, was gracious and very friendly. I certainly recommend The Capital Grille for that special memorable occasion for their amazing food and elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialHeidiandAlanDined on 8/30/2014We can't get enough of going to Capital Grille Dallas and having amazing food, wine and service! Ask for Locke as your server and you won't be sorry. He and Nathan showed us such a special evening from start to finish. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Special Evening!luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014My husband and our family enjoyed a very special evening celebrating our wedding anniversary. The staff was so accommodating to ensure we enjoyed our celebration. From the quiet table, decorated for the special occasion, to the delicious food and martinis and attentive service, we loved it! We'll be back...and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Host/Hostess StaffNCRExecutiveAssistantDined on 8/30/2014It goes without saying that the chef is wonderful here. Our dinner was outstanding. The wine suggestion by our waiter was a 10 out of 10. The young man and women at the host/hostess area went out of their way to be sure we had a great table and a wonderful evening while there. Way to go team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Greater Foodtrain2eatDined on 8/29/2014The service is always great @ Capital Grill. My wife and I have been twice now, once in November (week of Thanksgiving) and most recently in later August. The place was pretty much empty in November, but that was probably because it was the Tuesday before Turkey Day. Regardless, we were treated like VIPs enjoying wine, steak & desert. This past weekend (late August visit), the place was PACKED. It was pretty loud, but not too bad since my wife and I were seated in a corner booth. It was a bit difficult to hear our hostess & server, but there were no mistakes on our order, so maybe it was just us, ha! Giant wine list, many food/game options, good times! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!AmandaDined on 8/29/2014We always to go Cap Grille every year for rest week as well as special occasions throughout the year. The food is ALWAYS excellent- tip: get a porcini or Kona rub on your steak, delicious! The service is always excellent with our server who was attentive and patient with our large group (thanks Gregg!). The only thing that I didn't like was that bc of rest week it was very loud and bc of the large # of our group it was difficult to converse with the other end of the table. The past few years we have been able to be seated in a wine room where its closed off from the rest of the place but not something Cap Grille could help. We will cont to return to this rest every year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- runtoeatDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed the food. My only complaint is that my boyfriend ordered the old fashioned and we did not even realize till we received the check that whoever made the drink automatically used an expensive scotch without even asking. Of course my boyfriend was not even able to taste the difference. The drink ended up costing more than a steak, ridiculous. I did not realize anyone should be using such an expensive liquor in a mixed drink. It's acceptable if you ask the customer what time of alcohol they want and they request the most expensive scotch in a mixed drink (silly) or maybe neat/on the rocks. Very unfortunate.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceJustBlessedDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, drinks, service and attention to detail by all of the staff. We will definitely return to dine at this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Our waiter Steve was fantastic! He went above and beyond to make sure we had a great time.Special Features:
- Way Too GoodXmasEveDinnerDined on 8/26/2014As always they didn't fail to impress and overwhelm us with wonderful food. Will be back for sure!!Special Features:
- delishfoodietravelerDined on 8/23/2014My husband and I went for restaurant week but also ordered a few items off the menu also. The food was absolutely AMAZING. Food was quite delicious and service was very attentive. Since we went for restaurant week and splurged a little bit extra with drinks and an extra app (celebrating a birthday), the bill was still pricey but was expected. Special occasions if you can afford it!Special Features:
- Wonderful ExperienceRCfromOCDined on 8/23/2014We went for Restaurant Week expecting the food and service to be sub par due the the crowds. Neither was the case. The food was perfect and our server could not have been more warm and efficient. We'll be back. Before the next Restaurant week.Special Features:
- Fabulous!ChocolateLoverDined on 8/23/2014The ambiance, service, and food were all outstanding. There were four of us in our party, and each person had the highest praise for The Capital Grille. We will definitely go back! We also drove 2 hours one way to get there, but it was worth it.Special Features:
- An Amazing ExperienceMonicachanelDined on 8/23/2014Capital Grille was perfect. The Filet Mignon was the best that I have every had, their lobster bisque was to die for, and their creme brulee was carmelized to perfection. The waitstaff was very knowledgeable and very attentive. I will for sure be coming again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the reputation...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was my first visit and we had a wonderful time. Every bite was fantastic! I was blown away by the cheese cake. My friend ordered it so I only got a nibble but it was the best I've ever had!Special Features:
- Amazing Anniversary Dinner!clizdogDined on 8/22/2014I took my wife here for our 17 year anniversary, and everything was amazing from top to bottom: food, atmosphere, service. The Kona crusted bone-in fillet was astonishing, as well as the mozzarella-tomato salad. And finishing off with the coconut cream pie sealed the deal. Thanks for making our anniversary dinner special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Went for restaurant week and loved every bit of the food and wine. Service was good too. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great experience... as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/20/2014Wait staff was friendly and attentive without interrupting. Food was exquisite as usual. Lighting was just dim enough to create a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleLadiesLeisurelyLunchVIPDined on 8/18/2014The food and service was excellent at Restaurant week -- especially the expresso cake.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014My wife and I have celebrated our last 6 or 7 wedding anniversaries at CG and its just not the same. The food wasn't quite as good(veggies had no flavor Lobster mac and cheese had very little Lobster). They were out of one or two deserts on the menu and the cheesecake we had was just ok. In the past they made our occasion feel very special( drinks, appetizers were usually offered at no cost. Always took our photo for a nice keepsake) but the spark isn't there anymore:). But as usual the wait staff was great! My wife and I will probably go elsewhere for our next anniversary however we will return to CG for lunch and/or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmaingMonicaDined on 8/16/2014We booked our reservation on a very short notices, we had indicated that it was our anniversry but did not think anything would come of it because it was so short notice, well much to my surprice they set up an awesome table with hearts and a red rose. It was soo romantic and nice, the food was delicious. The only negative comment i would make is the generous pour. They pour about an once or two at a time and take their time asking or honoring a refill which was very annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014It's not often when you get to experience the perfect storm while dining out, in a good way. The food was wonderful as it always is, but the service was also exceptional. We had a great table, one we had actually had before. Our server was the perfect blend of efficiency with a nice sense of humor. She was always conscious of our needs without being intrusive. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Fabulous Five Star Experience!!DallasDinerDined on 8/15/2014Capital Grille knows how to help you celebrate!! It was a FABULOUS night frilled with delicious food & wine! Thank you Capital Grille!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantTuniesmomVIPDined on 8/15/2014We go every year during Restaurant Week and combine it with their Generous Pour. I'm pretty sure there not a better value in Dallas fine dining. The service is impeccable. The wines this year are excellent. The limited menu represents very well the regular menu to give newbies a grand idea of what Capital Grille is all about. Our server had a great attitude and we all had a memorable evening. Actually, we enjoyed it so much we plan to go back before the end of the month.Special Features:
- Capital GrilleHAPPYDined on 8/15/2014Food was great, server was wonderful!!!!!!!!! My friends and I were each very pleased with our dining experience. It was also my one of my friend's bday and she loved her dessert plus our server (I hate I can't remember his name...he was awesome) remembered how to spell her name, most people don't lol.Special Features:
- Great experiencepandorycaDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this restaurant was fantastic from the food to the service. It is fairly expensive but the lunch prices are not too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to celebrateredsetgo38Dined on 8/15/2014The entire staff is VERY interactive and will help you celebrate..great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Excellent Experience!!pegasusDined on 8/15/2014The food and service were outstanding, we will definitely be back! Our waiter (Greg Baugh) was wonderful, totally on top of our every need - exactly what we would expect at the Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentKelliSRDined on 8/14/2014It's hard to decide which is better... the food or the service. Service is always absolutely stellar and the food is always consistently PERFECT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFIFIVIPDined on 8/14/2014Excellent lunch with special service; both food and service were outstanding.Special Features:
- Great Steak HousewannabefoodieDined on 8/12/2014Steaks were cooked perfectly. Great sides. My 8 yo enjoyed her petite filet immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent..... loved the clam chowder and oyster crackers as well as flatbread. Had a problem with super aged bone in steak, but waiter and manager secured me a filet which was more to my taste. Could not have been nicer, so I left a VERY nice tip. Party loved the chocolate cake. WE all took "doggie bags" for the next day. Lovely experience for "Girls Night Out"Special Features:
- CapitlizedDiningdelightVIPDined on 8/11/2014An evening to remember. There was so much going on. We went for restaurant week and the portions were more than generous. We took advantage of the wine special and could not have been more pleased. This was an over the top evening.Special Features:
- Everyone enjoyed the food!TrashmenDined on 8/10/2014We had a private dining room that made the experience very nice. Our party of eight sat at a round table which allowed everyone to join the conversation. The food was very good...all the steaks were cooked as ordered. Loved the sides of mashed potatoes and haricot vert. Simple but just right! Our waiter was helpful and available when needed without hovering. I would go back.Special Features:
- ALWAYS a treatMelindaVIPDined on 8/10/2014I love Resturant Week in Dallas, and recently took my 85 year old Dad BACK to Capital Grill. The food and service were outstanding as usual, and even more so since my Dad is now using a walker and has trouble getting around. The staff were GREAT and made him feel very special as opposed to a 'fish out of water'. The gentlemen loved thier steaks - my salmon wiht a light citrus glaze was magnificent. The cheesecake was nothing short of amazing. I also take my clients for lunch - they LOVE the burger, and the calamari.... much business conducted!Special Features:
- Always a splendid dining experienceHeidiandAlanDined on 8/9/2014We just love this Capital Grille! Ask to be served by Locke. He'll take great care of you and recommend just what you'll enjoy. Start to finish, you'll have the best of everything, food, wine and service, and book your next reservation to come back. If you happen to be there for "Generous Wine Pour" which happens every summer, you'll be in for a most special treat as you sample and drink about seven wines with your dinner for $25 a person.Special Features:
- worldtravelerDined on 8/9/2014We always enjoy our dinners at The Capital Grille and this was no exception. Especially appreciated the fact that they didn't skimp on their Restaurant Week menu or service, as some restaurants do. Both were outstanding.Special Features:
- David54dcDined on 8/8/2014My wife and I went with two friends to celebrate both guy's birthdays, when our waitress found out she brought everyone a glass of champagne and decorated our table, all for no cost. We had the restaurant week menu and the food was still the same high quality we are used to at this establishmentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/8/2014Always have great experiences at The Capital Grille. The food and service are outstanding.