The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown
500 Crescent Court, Suite 135
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (214) 303-0500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:00am – 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mohammed Assi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Awarded OpenTable's Top 100 Best Restaurants in the U.S. for 2013. Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Crescent Shops and Galleries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
The Capital Grille - Dallas - Uptown reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (142)notable wine list (91)romantic (86)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (40)great for lunch (39)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (4)great for outdoor dining (3)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)Show More
- Great Upscale Dining SpotDallasdinerVIPDined on 11/22/2014I've dined here before and it's always been great. This visit was even better. The food was spot on, with zero issues! Our server, Locke, was perfect. He was there when we needed something and he was hands off when we were enjoying the night. It can be a bit loud, we were seated next to a large group, but it was unbearable. I will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightGreatDateNightDined on 11/22/2014As part of our date night plans we wanted an upscale restaurant with great food and some place that my wife had never been. Capital Grille fit the criteria as I have always enjoyed business dinners there on multiple occasions. We arrived a few minutes late for our reservations, however we called ahead to let them know and the hostess Skye took great care of us and seated us in the Wine Room where we could enjoy dinner in a moderate noise level that allowed us to enjoy conversation with each other. We started with a great bottle of red blend wine and then order the Lobster Crab Cakes as an appetizer, followed by Citrus Glazed Salmon with a side of grilled gulf shrimp for my wife and the Seared Scallops and wild mushroom risotto for me. We also order sides that included the twice baked potatoes and lobster mac 'n cheese, which was absolutely phenomenal!!!! This place is one of my top 3 favorite places to eat and they never disappoint no matter what city I am in as I have been there in Boston, Atlanta, San Francisco and Dallas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic lunchLarHDined on 11/21/2014Capital Grille is consistently good. Wonderful food. The best clam chowder in town and gracious service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressed but still okmusicandwineVIPDined on 11/16/2014Not very impressed with the food. I started with a cup of Butternut squash soup that seemed watered down. My wife really enjoyed her French Onion Soup. Our entrees were ok but other restaurants serve the same plates that are better. The service was not very good, but we find that to be true in most Dallas area restaurants.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille - quality continuesUNCDallasVIPDined on 11/11/2014I've been a long-standing customer and enjoy it every time I return. It all starts with service and Steve, my server of choice, delivers every time. He connects well with my guests and is never hesitant to talk about the best choices of the evening. And he's spot on. The quality of the food never wavers. The fish choices are as good as the steak. The sides are great for sharing. The wine list is over-priced, but a careful eye will uncover some reasonably priced choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice place to dineLove2eatoutDined on 11/8/2014I totally enjoyed it. A group of ladies and I celebrated my birthday there, and it was the perfect place for that night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceBirthdayPartyDined on 11/8/2014I have eaten many times at the original capital grill in Washington. The Dallas capital grill is as good as the original..in fact the steak was a bit better. Don't miss the lobster cheese noodle side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard fare SteakhousePrimeVIPDined on 11/7/2014Dallas has other better options for high end steakhouses. This is a middle of the road option.Special Features:
- Summary of ExperienceBusinessLuncheonDined on 11/7/2014Everything was really pretty good. My reservation was located, I got to change to a table (from a booth) and when my guests arrived they were shown to the table without any difficulty. The waiter was professional and the meal arrived in a reasonable time after we ordered. We were in the center of the main dining room, and it did get a little loud. As restaurants go, it wasn't terrible, but it was somewhat noisy for a business conversation.Special Features:
- LunchseniorVIPDined on 11/6/2014Dinner is always excellent as to food and service. It is also my favorite lunch spot with appropriate priced lunch, which is alway good and the impeccable service.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable EveningKC2014Dined on 11/2/2014Great date location or good site for client dinners. Good wine and cocktail selection, great salads and lobster mac and cheese. Be sure to get their calamari. There are better steaks in Dallas, but The Capital Grille is fantastic for a night out.Special Features:
- Great in all aspectsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014Outstanding with especially good service. Manager stopped by to make sure we were happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'raised the bar ...DrFreeOneDined on 10/27/2014Steven has been there about 15 years as a server and he is a master! The service was excellent, the food was perfect, the ambiance of the restaurant is superior . The valets are courteous and careful, the hostess is warm and friendly, the servers are pros, the food is impeccable. If only they could take the calories out ... ha!Special Features:
- unusual lack of service this visitLocal2DallasVIPDined on 10/27/2014I am regular here and I usually get greeted by multiple hosts/servers. This time, however, no one greeted our table and it wasn't even crowded. Our waiter, Bill, although a sweet guy, was all over the place. At times, I thought he was going to spill something on me he was so shaky. It was a business lunch and his demeanor was less than professional as he brought out this ipad and tried to make goofy jokes to get us to buy a dessert when we were in a rush. It was an awkward experience, albeit an outlier (I hope).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our one year anniversaryGastroGusDined on 10/25/2014Had told them it was our one year wedding anniversary and they took amazing care of us. Eric, our server, was fantastic with all of our needs. Thanks for making our day so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2014Excellent as always, they make you feel welcome and the food is fantastic. Always a great place to goSpecial Features:
- Way too much saltCaptnGeorgeDined on 10/25/2014I had a medium rare filet that was cooked to perfection, but unfortunately it had been seasoned with way too much salt before it got to the table. The wild mushroom side fish was also way to salty. Don't get me wrong, I like some salt on my food, but enough is enough. Also the green bean side was a bit too al dente for my taste. That said, the service is still impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014One of the best places to eat in Dallas. No negatives.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING Service!RockwallDined on 10/24/2014First, I highly recommend their signature drink, the Stoli Doli! So delicious! The server was very personable, friendly and highly professional. It is a little on the pricey side ($250 for two people), but that also included 3 or 4 Stoli Doli's! My husband and I also enjoyed the Lobster Bisque, Butternut Squash soup, Spinach salad, Wedge salad, Filet, Sea Bass, Flourless Espresso cake, and Coconut Cream pie (complimentary)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014My wife and I had our anniversary dinner here and it was great. They even had "happy anniversary" decorations on the table. Our waiter, Bill, was excellent. Food was great and the extensive wine list is easily searched with their iPad. Will be coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best ambiance in the areacarmelrezDined on 10/24/2014It is getting harder and harder to find a place with the perfect blend of food, service and moderate noise level. Capital Grille leads this category by a mile. The oysters tasted fresh off the boat, the crab cakes could gave been from a New England restaurant and the steak is as good as any steak restaurant in Texas!! We loved everything we are and we're still eating the giant piece of chocolate Hazelnut cake the next day. It was enough for 4-6 people!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014We had such a special evening! The food was very well prepared and the service was so attentive and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeHugo3476Dined on 10/11/2014Capital Grille never disappoints! I have eaten at several if their restaurants at various locations and they are always consistent. You must have the fried calamari and a Stoli Doli! Yum!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent servicePonchoMotolaDined on 10/2/2014Food was very great and service exceeded my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was greatlovetoeatDined on 9/29/2014Loved the thank you appetizer! Food was great and cooked in a timely manner. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!BTroupDined on 9/26/2014Capital Grille is fabulous - thanks for the great food and better service!!Special Features:
- Private diningWeddingDined on 9/18/2014Situated in a private dining room, our pre-wedding celebration was quiet and well served. The food, as always, was excellent!Special Features:
- Good Friends and Good Food -- GOOD!doktorjonDined on 9/18/2014The steak was cooked to perfection and the service was excellent. I will return in the near future.
- Wonderful burgers!DallasgalVIPDined on 9/18/2014I made a reservation after receiving the email promoting the wonderful wagyu burgers and pinot pairings. We were not disappointed! The burgers were wonderfully rich and the wine choices delightful! Combine that with attentive service, and you have a super experience! Many thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very classyOccasionaleaterDined on 9/14/2014Between the atmosphere and the service it was excellent and then there was the food that just melted in you mouth. I ordered the filet minon that you could cut with your fork. The cream corn with bacon was amazing! The proportions were big enough to share with 2-3 people. Note: the food was on the high end but worth it in the end. I would recommend for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my wife's birthday. Capital Grille made it a special occasion. One of the best dining experiences ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehrinaDined on 9/4/2014Excellent experience as always! We really enjoy going to Capital Grille!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Outstanding in every way. Our server, John, was gracious and very friendly. I certainly recommend The Capital Grille for that special memorable occasion for their amazing food and elegant setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SpecialHeidiandAlanDined on 8/30/2014We can't get enough of going to Capital Grille Dallas and having amazing food, wine and service! Ask for Locke as your server and you won't be sorry. He and Nathan showed us such a special evening from start to finish. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Special Evening!luv2dineDined on 8/30/2014My husband and our family enjoyed a very special evening celebrating our wedding anniversary. The staff was so accommodating to ensure we enjoyed our celebration. From the quiet table, decorated for the special occasion, to the delicious food and martinis and attentive service, we loved it! We'll be back...and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Host/Hostess StaffNCRExecutiveAssistantDined on 8/30/2014It goes without saying that the chef is wonderful here. Our dinner was outstanding. The wine suggestion by our waiter was a 10 out of 10. The young man and women at the host/hostess area went out of their way to be sure we had a great table and a wonderful evening while there. Way to go team!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service - Greater Foodtrain2eatDined on 8/29/2014The service is always great @ Capital Grill. My wife and I have been twice now, once in November (week of Thanksgiving) and most recently in later August. The place was pretty much empty in November, but that was probably because it was the Tuesday before Turkey Day. Regardless, we were treated like VIPs enjoying wine, steak & desert. This past weekend (late August visit), the place was PACKED. It was pretty loud, but not too bad since my wife and I were seated in a corner booth. It was a bit difficult to hear our hostess & server, but there were no mistakes on our order, so maybe it was just us, ha! Giant wine list, many food/game options, good times! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!AmandaDined on 8/29/2014We always to go Cap Grille every year for rest week as well as special occasions throughout the year. The food is ALWAYS excellent- tip: get a porcini or Kona rub on your steak, delicious! The service is always excellent with our server who was attentive and patient with our large group (thanks Gregg!). The only thing that I didn't like was that bc of rest week it was very loud and bc of the large # of our group it was difficult to converse with the other end of the table. The past few years we have been able to be seated in a wine room where its closed off from the rest of the place but not something Cap Grille could help. We will cont to return to this rest every year!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- runtoeatDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed the food. My only complaint is that my boyfriend ordered the old fashioned and we did not even realize till we received the check that whoever made the drink automatically used an expensive scotch without even asking. Of course my boyfriend was not even able to taste the difference. The drink ended up costing more than a steak, ridiculous. I did not realize anyone should be using such an expensive liquor in a mixed drink. It's acceptable if you ask the customer what time of alcohol they want and they request the most expensive scotch in a mixed drink (silly) or maybe neat/on the rocks. Very unfortunate.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceJustBlessedDined on 8/29/2014Excellent food, drinks, service and attention to detail by all of the staff. We will definitely return to dine at this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.