The Capital Grille - Costa Mesa
3333 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Costa Mesa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7144321140x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Chris Hutten
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Private dining event space can accommodate up to 60 guests.
A word from The Capital Grille - Costa Mesa
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you will experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their Achievement of Excellence Award. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with - a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the South Coast Plaza.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Costa Mesa - Best Restaurants in Costa Mesa ›
The Capital Grille - Costa Mesa reviews from OpenTable diners
172 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (134)fit for foodies (91)romantic (90)notable wine list (90)great for lunch (69)good for groups (53)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (9)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great way to celebrate!BonBriVIPDined on 10/18/2014We had a spectacular evening, the service was exceptional and professional. We were not rushed and were patiently guided through the menu with great knowledge. Our I credible stakes were expertly prepared. We celebrated a birthday which was prepared for with great enthusiasm; sparkly confetti, champaign. a welcome card and a beautifully presented desert. The celebration and meal were memorableSpecial Features:
- Great for Business Dinners!SuzieDined on 10/17/2014We had 2 groups of 6 and everything went perfect! Excellent food! Perfect Service! Great Menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014First time, was nervous it would be like any "high end" chain, truth is it was awesome. The food was great, the service was great, and atmosphere was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/11/2014Our waiter, Derrick, was very knowledgeable and attentive.Special Features:
- nieuport17VIPDined on 10/11/2014Beyond excellent - we will most definitely be back!
- Wagyu and WinesassyreinDined on 10/10/2014We went for the Wagyu and Wine promotion and was enjoyed a lovely wine with a tasty burger. The one thing that needs work at this location is how the chef determines the wellness of the meat which is consistently overcooked (It has been a problem at other visits). That said however, the service is always outstanding- servers Megan and Tabitha are always personable and attentive (even with overcooking issues). The management staff, Bill and Josh, make the restaurant one that we return to and recommend again and again. Creative menus and superb service are the core achievement of Capital Grill.Special Features:
- The best first time experiencelmsolaresDined on 10/8/2014My family and I went to Capital Grille for my sisters birthday and beside everything looking beautiful, the service was AMAZING. They really nailed all the expectations for you to have a wonderful time. I will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Dissapoints..WorldTravelerDined on 10/6/2014Always delcious food, maticulous service, our go to place for a fanatasitic meal in a classy setting.Special Features:
- Very NiceDenisDined on 10/5/2014We were expecting slightly different, and was quite expensive. This is more a 'steakhouse'. We had the halibut and it was good but certainly not great. Compared to some competing places very close by, we thought it a bit overpriced.Special Features:
- Thanks for a wonderful bday mealBdayDined on 10/4/2014As a seafood lover, capital grille is the only restaurant where I can share a 14 oz dry aged sirloin with a meat lover and still be perfectly happy. The lemon oil asparagus is the best I've ever had and thanks for the tip that the au gratin potatoes are available as a half order. Also much appreciated is the impressive and wide ranging wine list. There's something there for everyone. Most of all, thanks for the lovely birthday cheesecake, espresso cake and fruit. Elegant and just the perfect size. We'll be back !Special Features:
- ElmoelmoVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great service with very attentive corporative staff that didn't miss a trick to improve your experience. Dardin is backing a winnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hbgirlhbgirlDined on 10/3/2014Our party of 8 was seated in a quaint private room. Everything about the experience was excellent. Tim, our server was outstanding.Special Features:
- Best beef in town!HazHDined on 9/27/2014Variety cuts of best tasting beef. Extensive wine list. Wonderful service. Ask for a quiet table as the restaurant is noisySpecial Features:
- Good food with traditional decorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was great. We didn't have to wait at all when we arrived. Got seated right away. Service was a little odd. I am not sure if the server was trying to be impersonal so we can enjoy our dinner and won't bug us. She never smiled once. She just took orders, answered our questions, and deliver the food. I just wasn't expecting that kind of service.Special Features:
- LoboVIPDined on 9/27/2014Not only is The Capital Grille excellent for dinner, but it is also outstanding for Lunch! We had tickets for a 2:00 pm Matinee and decided to dine at The Capital Grille. Always consistent...service, ambiance, menu, food taste and presentation. We highly recommend Lunch or Dinner at The Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Special DiningKellyDined on 9/26/2014Our first time in dining area of restaurant. Have visited bar area before. My husband's birthday. All was excellent. Server Shawn Silva was very good. Food very good. Will visit again on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous meal!MartiniManVIPDined on 9/23/2014Not only was each course prepared to perfection, Aimee served us with grace and efficiency.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Evening RuinedRuinedEveningDined on 9/20/2014The hostess & supervisor that finally seated my wife and I ruined our special evening. The hostess & supervisor were unfriendly, disrespectful, demeaning and dismissive. Hostess directed us to a table in the center of the room and asked if the table was okay. My wife said no, and requested the more private table near the window. Hostess said no that the window table was set for four. Hostess left us standing in the center of the room, brought her supervisor who also said no, table is set for 4 people. My wife said the table you are sitting us at is also for 4 people. Quickly, but reluctantly we were moved to the window table. How sad that we were served in such a way. Food, delicious! Ambiance, not so much.
- Amazing specialsPowleyGirl70VIPDined on 9/15/2014Lunch was delicious and cocktails were amazing! We loving hearing about the special drinks and dishes made for that day! Love trying anything new! Always amazing choices too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing experience!!dadorkjoeyDined on 9/14/20141st time there had an amazing experience. Everyone was very welcoming all the staff. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best steak I've ever had!FishandchipsVIPDined on 9/13/2014The service was excellent, they have the BEST steak ever! Only thing I notice was the room being too dark, I want to be able to see the food to enjoy. I've recommended The Capital Grille to my friends already!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightWeLove2EatDined on 9/13/2014Made reservations for a birthday dinner & our table was sprinkled w/confetti & a handwritten birthday card was there. We had the calamari appetizer (spicy but good) & wedge salad. For dinner we had the Kona crusted sirloin, Chilean sea bass & creamed spinach--all delicious! The Stoli Doli is great! And we loved the creme brûlée cheesecake. Service was friendly and attentive. We preferred our dining experience here over Mastros.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and eleganthappydinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014What a lovely evening. Capital Grille is one of my favorite spots. You sure know how to make martini, prepare steak, and deliver amazing food every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor value/mediocre foodDisappoinmentDined on 9/10/2014I had high hopes for the evening upon entering...dimly lit, well appointed, white tablecloths. Service was attentive...but then the food arrived. Almost $50 for a tiny little steak on a huge white plate with 2 spinach leaves. Seriously? My plate was King Salmon in citrus glaze: salmon not quite cooked enough, glaze was almost imperceptable, and sat on borderline raw, chopped green beans...with tips and strings still attached!!! Salads were fine, corkage was $25...won't be returning. Bill was $160 and we left hungry!
- Birthday for friendwineloverVIPDined on 9/8/2014Two of us went to lunch to celebrate my friend's birthday. The lobster salad and the steak salad were both fresh, delicious and very filling. The birthday dessert was a combination of berries, cheesecake and chocolate cake. The birthday card was a bonus, and so was everyone wishing my friend a happy birthday. Capital Grille is great for lunch or dinner! Will be back on Friday to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant dining experienceluv2dineOCDined on 9/7/2014I have been to Capital Grille many times, mostly for business lunches, occasionally to meet up with friends for a late lunch. The experiences have always been pleasant. In my opinion, the food is up to par with other restaurants of this caliber and the ambiance is nice, but the service is always exceptional. I met with a girl friend for a very late lunch. Our waiter was really great, very polite and tentative, which made the dining experience even more enjoyable. My girl friend obviously was very impressed with the quality of food (we ordered the plates, which is just perfect for lunch) and service as well. Unfortunately I do not remember our waiter's name, he definitely did a great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualBigPapi2014Dined on 9/6/2014Capitol grill just never let's us down from family functions to work events held its always great. Staff and service were kind attentive and friendly. Looking forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant in TownMac1VIPDined on 9/2/2014Excellent food, excellent ambiance, excellent service. What more is there to say? Oh, just one thing--try the excellent anchovy stuffed olive martinis. Delicious as is the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Celebration!EpicureanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Capital Grille truly did everything right to make our special occasion as memorable as possible. We were entertaining newlyweds, and we could not have chosen a nicer location to make their celebration more memorable. I am so thankful for this, truly!!! Will will certainly choose Capital Grille again for entertaining on special occasions. Just lovely! (And the lunch was fabulous, by the way--everything perfect!)Special Features:
- Food4YouDined on 8/30/2014Restaurant confirmed our reservations earlier in the day and our table was ready for us. The food was very good and the service was outstanding. This is an upscale restaurant and so were the prices. The wine list is extensive. We asked to split our entrees and the server made it happen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great Servicetvergara531Dined on 8/29/2014I am in love with their Delmonico steak. It's to die for. Service is always great which makes my experience that much more incredible. It's a great place to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, or just for a date night. The waiters/waitresses are very knowledgeable so if you need recommendations, do not hesitate to ask.Special Features:
- anniversary dinner30thanniversaryVIPDined on 8/28/2014We had dinner paired with The Generous Pour at an additional cost & well worth it. We started with calamari,sweet & spicy very good. A wedge salad; fresh & crisp lettuce,blue cheese & bacon & oh so good. We ordered rib eye special & it was seasoned beautifully and cooked to perfection. It was one of the best steaks I' ve ever had. Also had Wagyu filet. Fork tender and very very good. Michael was our wait person and was very attentive as were those assisting him.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Fav Steakhouse in the AreawhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/27/2014The ambiance is classy, the service top-notch, and the steaks are prepared perfectly. We prefer the quality of beef here to most all other popular chains (Mastro's is also in this class). The lobster bisque has many huge chunks of lobster. The side options are the best on any steakhouse menu, especially love the mashed potatoes and fries are done RIGHT. The wine list has excellent options and is reasonably priced. Wine by the glass list is notable too. Ask to be seated with either Anne, Michael or Alan. The lunch menu here is excellent, steak salads that will please any lady OR GENTELMAN! Located at the prestigious South Coast Plaza Mall, offers free valet if you don't wish to self park. It has a classy bar area w/lots of tables.Special Features:
- Classy Upscale SteakhousewhocareswhoiamVIPDined on 8/25/2014This is one of our favorite steakhouses in SoCal. It is connected to the prestigious South Coast Plaza Mall. There is free valet parking as well as ample self-parking. The steakhouse ambiance is upscale, soft music. There is a beautiful bar area, including tables. This is fine dining with a top notch serving staff (ask to be seated in Michael or Anne's section). The wine list and wines by the glass are excellent and reasonably priced. The steaks are 5 star quality, much better than other familiar chain steakhouses. Chef prepares steaks perfectly to order. The menu has fantastic sides, also better than other steakhouses. Especially like the mashed potatoes! Fantastic place for a relaxing or business lunch. Seafood options as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistant Excellent Serviceg8foodDined on 8/24/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here, and needed to attend a theatrical performance. Alan Lopez was our waiter who provided efficient service, with thoughtfulness in meeting our needs. Water glasses were always filled. As usual, our lobster salad, lobster roll, rib eye sandwiches, clam chowder were a foodies dream, appetizing to the eye and so flavorful. The complimentary birthday desserts were extraordinary. Thank you, Capital Grille, who consistently delivers first class service!Special Features:
- Fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Everything promptly arrived, food was of high quality, ambience was nice and not noisy at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeektiffcfengDined on 8/22/2014Unlike most restaurant week menus, the prix fixe menu offered here is definitely worth it with a great selection of appetizers, main course, and dessert. For the main course, I had the bone-in kona crusted sirloin cooked medium rare plus and it was tender, juicy, and flavorful. Strongly recommend!Special Features:
- Great foodLovetoeatDined on 8/22/2014The food was excellent but service wasn't great. It took a while before I had my water refilled. I had to ask for it after we received the check.Special Features:
- ClaSSICOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014DELICIOUS and the service was wonderful, my steak was also perfectly cookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceLindaDined on 8/22/2014Outstanding service. Our server was so knowledgeable about every entrée and all of the wines. He went the extra mile. May be our best server of all time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.