The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
5340 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8476718125x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Natasha Vitti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (72)notable wine list (64)good for groups (44)romantic (38)fit for foodies (29)vibrant bar scene (23)great for lunch (20)hot spot (18)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dining out is only getting better.asdf1234VIPDined on 9/17/2014Here it is more about eating. To us it is like renting space in a comfortable well appointed environment being waited on hand and foot with elegantly uniformed staff in a super clean environment and oh yeah there is food and I am telling you tastefully delicious. All the top notch restaurants are within a block of each other but golly is Capital Grille a nice place.Special Features:
- Steak loverSteakloverDined on 9/15/2014My favorite steakhouse!! Dry aged porterhouse is best in Chicagoland Great service. PolishedSpecial Features:
- Our special occasion placeGULODined on 9/12/2014The first time we dined here, my girlfriend turned into my fiancé. It was a perfect night on September 6, 2013!! Since then we've celebrated New Year's, my now wife's birthday, and this past Friday celebrating my parent's anniversary, my mother-in-law's birthday, and my wife being 10 weeks pregnant!! We absolutely love it at Capital Grille, and look forward to celebrating many more special occasions there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JudyHHIVIPDined on 9/10/2014Lived in Chicago all my life until recently. Best steak in town and that us saying a lot with all the steak restaurants. I will go back whenever I am in Chicago.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Perfect ServiceCAtravelerDined on 9/9/2014Great menu, and a very nice variety. Everyone in our party of six thoroughly enjoyed our food, and we appreciated the very professional, friendly service. This was the perfect lunch environment for this meeting with an important client. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host team of the yearOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014We had several last minute adjustments to our reservation and the host team handled them perfectly. I can't compliment them enough for their professionalism and service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysCBrownDined on 9/6/2014We had a great dining experience - as always at this steak house. There are some great steak restaurants in Chicago and this definitely needs to be on the list. Great, attentive service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Quality but pricyEdwardHDined on 9/5/2014Service was great. Arrived Friday night prime time with extra people. They found a table within 5 minutes. Wiater knowledgeable and provided guidance on sides as main course lacks them. It is quite pricy so for soecial occasions. Meat was perfectly done, rare or medium as requested and crispy on outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch thumbs upFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Excellent for lunch, great menu options. Sirloin burger and halibut were both excellent. Along with perfect veggies and great service made for a perfect place to have lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much more than a steak house!RosieDDined on 9/3/2014Service - food - ambiance all 5 Star! Not many restaurants near the airport make you feel special. Ask for Sakuna - you will enjoy the very best service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLunchingladiesDined on 9/2/2014A group of retired teachers meet annually on the first day of school to toast to a good new year. The restaurant treated us like royalty. I can't say enough about the service. Food was good as usual. We'll be back again next year and for other events throughout the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceluv2dineDined on 8/30/2014Was really looking forward to stellar service but everything was rushed and then we had to ask for water several times, ashes got lines a few times and never got them, and finally when it came time for our bill, we had to wait once again. It was not a busy night. We are usually pleased with the food but my sea bass was over cooked. First time at this location. We usually get much better service abs quality of food at other locations.
- ExcellentjuliekVIPDined on 8/29/2014Never disappointed. Food is fresh. Service is superior. Desserts are to die for. We come a few times a month at leastSpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going to another famous restaurant in the Rosemont area every Friday for the last 4 years. We decided to go to Capital Grille one day, absolutely loved everything about it and will continue to go there on Fridays now.The food is outstanding, the service (especially Javier) is consistently wonderful! Javier should be commended for his excellent customer service skills and his professionalism. We have brought several friends and family members there and they have shared the same dynamic experience we have had. Thank you Capital Grille and staff!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLincolnshireGirlDined on 8/29/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was wonderful. We both had the tenderloin and lobster, which was cooked to perfection. It was our 38th wedding anniversary, and you know after 38 years together not much surprises you, but we were surprised at how good this restaurant is ! The staff and waiter were fantastic, and service was impeccable !Special Features:
- 1st Anniversary DinnerSundtsationDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I chose this restaurant for our first wedding anniversary and we truly enjoyed the experience. We were served a complimentary champagne toast as well as a complimentary dessert. Our server was knowledgeable and professional. The food was great (we split a dry aged New York Strip and a pound of crab legs). Ambiance was very relaxing and enjoyable. I recommend this restaurant for a variety of occasions when an upscale steakhouse experience is what you are looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Javier provided flawless service. Made it a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Had a 7pm reservation for Saturday, showed up at 630 to a busy restaurant! We sat at the bar for a cocktail, and am almost sure the host stand forgot about us, even after checking in TWICE with two separate hosts. We decided to dine at the bar because it was now 730, and were still waiting for a table. We were celebrating our anniversary, and really did not want to sit there, but we were just so hungry! Alex and Brad took care of us. It was like an orchestrated symphony those two displayed!! Upon learning about our table and anniversary, Alex and Brad gave us free champagne and dessert! Even a picture! Better than a table, couldn't have asked for a better evening. Thank you Brad and Alex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchSusanDined on 8/21/2014We had a wonderful lunch at the Capital Grill. The Lunch menu specials for $18 are a real treat. Nice selection of wines by the glass to compliment. Very professional hostess and wait staff makes for a completely enjoyable experience...Then you can shop at the outlet mall right behind the restaurant. What could be better! Oh yes, parking is free at the restaurant too! Valet if you need it.Special Features:
- Service good food not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The service was very professional and fast. We had a seafood platter that was very good. French Onion soup was horrible in a small cup flavor was not good and presentation was sad. $10 should be a crock pot. Sent Back Salad very salty and average Steak over seasoned and very salty Asperagus salty and not very good Mushrooms not good at all. This was a disappointment and very expensive I will not go back again.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodluveatingoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014We very much enjoyed our dinners. I especially enjoyed the crab legs. They were delectable!Special Features:
- anniversary perfectfoodDined on 8/15/2014Went here for our anniversary and John Lehman, our waiter, as well as the rest of the staff took excellent care of us. The scallops were outstanding and the beef tenderloin with lobster was out of this world. Wouldn't change a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014From theoment the valet escorted From the moment the valet escorted my 91 year old mother to the front desk to the end of the evening it was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Lunch. EverFoodieTonyDined on 8/15/2014Great bone - in Kona Rubbed Sirlion, excellent Seared Tuna. Phenomenal service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ate in the bar and enjoyed itfoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014We couldn't get a table at the time we wanted so they seated us in the bar. It was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky4everVIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything about Capital Grille is great, Outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for entertaining clients!tfmcaVIPDined on 8/6/2014I always enjoy taking my clients to dinner or lunch at The Capital Grille. They are always impressed by the terrific service, atmosphere, and let's not forget the excellent food. Everything is top notch, I've never had a bad experience, and my clients (and friends!) always ask to return here. Very enjoyable experience at The Capital Grille, I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The entire night was great. The food and service were awesome. The Birthday and Anniversary treats were the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Good betDDGIDined on 7/28/2014The food was quite good, but the best part was the service. Bonnie is a real pro and made the evening enjoyable even though there was a noisy group seated right next to us. Why people feel they have to laugh loudly in a restaurant defeats me, but it is hard on the neighbors.
- Super Waitress to the rescue!MrplnkDined on 7/23/2014Amazing service. Our waitress made our night. Would go back again next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Our anniversary dinner was great! Our waiter was tremendous, and even took our picture and printed a copy before we left! Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Typical Cap Grille and menu-all the good stuff. Steak was very good (actually is better in Philly). Wait staff had to be reminded to bring out Bernaise sauce that was ordered. Otherwise a very good meal.
- Consistently Best Steakhhouse63BearsVIPDined on 7/18/2014I am exceedingly impressed with the service every time. My husband and I are steakhouse people and in Chicago, you have fantastic options. The Capital Grille distinguishes itself through personalized attention and wonderful food. Try the kona rub with shallot butter on a filet. Not on the menu (this finish along with this protein), but they are delighted to accommodate. It is perhaps my favorite steak of all time. The delmonico is also a steak to be celebrated--our large table had much praise for it, as the balsamic gives a flavorful take on a reliable cut. The cheesecake, with what I can only call a "creme brulee treatment," is worth the calories several times over. Have it. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professions conference attendees.SeafoodcriticsDined on 7/13/2014Outstanding food selections and service, as always. First class dining experience. Our party of eight were all very satisfied with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!szl3depDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I had a great time at The Capital Grille in Rosemont. We went there for the 1st time to celebrate our 12th anniversary. I mentioned that it was our anniversary in the reservation. When we were seated, there was a card & rose petals on the table. They also treated us to champagne, dessert and a photo of us at the end of the evening. Our waitress was very friendly & attentive. We ordered calamari for our appetizer, which was excellent. It was a bit spicy, but we loved it. Our waitress was kind enough to give us a card for a free order of calamari the next time we dine at The Capital Grill. We will definitely be back because the food, ambiance and service were stellar! Thank you, Capital Grille for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014This was my first time at a Capital Grille restaurant and I am wondering why I've never eaten at this chain until now.....It was excellent! The service was unbelievably amazing, the food was divine, and the wine list was like a novel and encompassed everything you could have wanted. I was eating with clients here and it couldnt have been a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrillKMcKeeDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. I ordered the special Bone in filet with shrimp on top. The only draw back, the waiter should have advised the shrimp was an additional cost, also would have been nice to have the price provided when the special was read to us, it was extremely pricey. Ordered a side of Truffle fries which were outstanding and big enough for 2. I would definitely recommend this restaurant but if the waiter does not provide the cost of the special be sure to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongCB28VIPDined on 6/27/2014They really know how to cook a steak! Food is amazing, the drinks are great. The staff is friendly. and the best ccoconut cream pie ever and i dont even like coconut deserts! Highly recommend this place if you're in the burbs.Special Features:
- Outstanding ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014During our dinner for my Husband's B-Day, our server Angelo and Chef Carlos were outstanding. Our 3yr old Son has peanut/tree nut allergy and the care these two gentlemen took for us went above and beyond. They both should receive an award for customer care and consideration. I will visit again and again because of Server Angelo and Chef Carlos. They are truly special and Capital Grill is lucky to have them. I will ask for Server Angelo and hope that Chef Carlos is on duty each time I visit. I thank you both very much! The food and wine is superb as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasion done Right!!!hbicordDined on 6/20/2014I wanted to take my boyfriend there for his birthday because he loves a great steak. I made the reservation and noted we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived the table was set with confetti and a happy birthday card. After a fantastic meal where everything was absolutely perfect, they brought a dessert plate out that had happy birthday stenciled in cocoa. They took a picture of our special celebration and gave it to us as we left. Perfection. The food, the staff and the service.. Thank you for a job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.