The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
5340 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8476718125x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Natasha Vitti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
105 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)notable wine list (62)good for groups (39)romantic (38)fit for foodies (31)vibrant bar scene (22)great for lunch (20)hot spot (15)neighborhood gem (11)late-night find (10)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Poor serviceluv2dineDined on 8/30/2014Was really looking forward to stellar service but everything was rushed and then we had to ask for water several times, ashes got lines a few times and never got them, and finally when it came time for our bill, we had to wait once again. It was not a busy night. We are usually pleased with the food but my sea bass was over cooked. First time at this location. We usually get much better service abs quality of food at other locations.
- ExcellentjuliekVIPDined on 8/29/2014Never disappointed. Food is fresh. Service is superior. Desserts are to die for. We come a few times a month at leastSpecial Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLincolnshireGirlDined on 8/29/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was wonderful. We both had the tenderloin and lobster, which was cooked to perfection. It was our 38th wedding anniversary, and you know after 38 years together not much surprises you, but we were surprised at how good this restaurant is ! The staff and waiter were fantastic, and service was impeccable !Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Javier provided flawless service. Made it a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Had a 7pm reservation for Saturday, showed up at 630 to a busy restaurant! We sat at the bar for a cocktail, and am almost sure the host stand forgot about us, even after checking in TWICE with two separate hosts. We decided to dine at the bar because it was now 730, and were still waiting for a table. We were celebrating our anniversary, and really did not want to sit there, but we were just so hungry! Alex and Brad took care of us. It was like an orchestrated symphony those two displayed!! Upon learning about our table and anniversary, Alex and Brad gave us free champagne and dessert! Even a picture! Better than a table, couldn't have asked for a better evening. Thank you Brad and Alex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchSusanDined on 8/21/2014We had a wonderful lunch at the Capital Grill. The Lunch menu specials for $18 are a real treat. Nice selection of wines by the glass to compliment. Very professional hostess and wait staff makes for a completely enjoyable experience...Then you can shop at the outlet mall right behind the restaurant. What could be better! Oh yes, parking is free at the restaurant too! Valet if you need it.Special Features:
- Service good food not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The service was very professional and fast. We had a seafood platter that was very good. French Onion soup was horrible in a small cup flavor was not good and presentation was sad. $10 should be a crock pot. Sent Back Salad very salty and average Steak over seasoned and very salty Asperagus salty and not very good Mushrooms not good at all. This was a disappointment and very expensive I will not go back again.Special Features:
- Outstanding FoodluveatingoutVIPDined on 8/16/2014We very much enjoyed our dinners. I especially enjoyed the crab legs. They were delectable!Special Features:
- anniversary perfectfoodDined on 8/15/2014Went here for our anniversary and John Lehman, our waiter, as well as the rest of the staff took excellent care of us. The scallops were outstanding and the beef tenderloin with lobster was out of this world. Wouldn't change a thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014From theoment the valet escorted From the moment the valet escorted my 91 year old mother to the front desk to the end of the evening it was fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best. Lunch. EverFoodieTonyDined on 8/15/2014Great bone - in Kona Rubbed Sirlion, excellent Seared Tuna. Phenomenal service. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ate in the bar and enjoyed itfoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014We couldn't get a table at the time we wanted so they seated us in the bar. It was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky4everVIPDined on 8/9/2014Everything about Capital Grille is great, Outstanding!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for entertaining clients!tfmcaVIPDined on 8/6/2014I always enjoy taking my clients to dinner or lunch at The Capital Grille. They are always impressed by the terrific service, atmosphere, and let's not forget the excellent food. Everything is top notch, I've never had a bad experience, and my clients (and friends!) always ask to return here. Very enjoyable experience at The Capital Grille, I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2014The entire night was great. The food and service were awesome. The Birthday and Anniversary treats were the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Good betDDGIDined on 7/28/2014The food was quite good, but the best part was the service. Bonnie is a real pro and made the evening enjoyable even though there was a noisy group seated right next to us. Why people feel they have to laugh loudly in a restaurant defeats me, but it is hard on the neighbors.
- Super Waitress to the rescue!MrplnkDined on 7/23/2014Amazing service. Our waitress made our night. Would go back again next time I am in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Our anniversary dinner was great! Our waiter was tremendous, and even took our picture and printed a copy before we left! Excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Typical Cap Grille and menu-all the good stuff. Steak was very good (actually is better in Philly). Wait staff had to be reminded to bring out Bernaise sauce that was ordered. Otherwise a very good meal.
- Consistently Best Steakhhouse63BearsVIPDined on 7/18/2014I am exceedingly impressed with the service every time. My husband and I are steakhouse people and in Chicago, you have fantastic options. The Capital Grille distinguishes itself through personalized attention and wonderful food. Try the kona rub with shallot butter on a filet. Not on the menu (this finish along with this protein), but they are delighted to accommodate. It is perhaps my favorite steak of all time. The delmonico is also a steak to be celebrated--our large table had much praise for it, as the balsamic gives a flavorful take on a reliable cut. The cheesecake, with what I can only call a "creme brulee treatment," is worth the calories several times over. Have it. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professions conference attendees.SeafoodcriticsDined on 7/13/2014Outstanding food selections and service, as always. First class dining experience. Our party of eight were all very satisfied with our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful anniversary dinner!szl3depDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I had a great time at The Capital Grille in Rosemont. We went there for the 1st time to celebrate our 12th anniversary. I mentioned that it was our anniversary in the reservation. When we were seated, there was a card & rose petals on the table. They also treated us to champagne, dessert and a photo of us at the end of the evening. Our waitress was very friendly & attentive. We ordered calamari for our appetizer, which was excellent. It was a bit spicy, but we loved it. Our waitress was kind enough to give us a card for a free order of calamari the next time we dine at The Capital Grill. We will definitely be back because the food, ambiance and service were stellar! Thank you, Capital Grille for a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/10/2014This was my first time at a Capital Grille restaurant and I am wondering why I've never eaten at this chain until now.....It was excellent! The service was unbelievably amazing, the food was divine, and the wine list was like a novel and encompassed everything you could have wanted. I was eating with clients here and it couldnt have been a better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrillKMcKeeDined on 7/5/2014The food was excellent. I ordered the special Bone in filet with shrimp on top. The only draw back, the waiter should have advised the shrimp was an additional cost, also would have been nice to have the price provided when the special was read to us, it was extremely pricey. Ordered a side of Truffle fries which were outstanding and big enough for 2. I would definitely recommend this restaurant but if the waiter does not provide the cost of the special be sure to ask.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Go WrongCB28VIPDined on 6/27/2014They really know how to cook a steak! Food is amazing, the drinks are great. The staff is friendly. and the best ccoconut cream pie ever and i dont even like coconut deserts! Highly recommend this place if you're in the burbs.Special Features:
- special occasion done Right!!!hbicordDined on 6/20/2014I wanted to take my boyfriend there for his birthday because he loves a great steak. I made the reservation and noted we were celebrating a birthday. When we arrived the table was set with confetti and a happy birthday card. After a fantastic meal where everything was absolutely perfect, they brought a dessert plate out that had happy birthday stenciled in cocoa. They took a picture of our special celebration and gave it to us as we left. Perfection. The food, the staff and the service.. Thank you for a job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair experience at Cap Grille...ClarenceDined on 6/15/2014Picked the Capital Grille at Rosemont since we were meeting a friend in town on her way to Arlington Heights. And she love Capital Grille. Even though it was Father's Day, I felt the service was far from top-notch. Our server wasn't as attentive as he could have been although he did replace our lobster mac n' cheese that lacked of lobster. I felt he had an attitude and then there were several other servers who ended up bringing us the things we asked for. The food was just okay. We all had chopped salad with shrimp and salmon. I've had better salads at other restaurants. The bar service was great...and the bartender really helped us select a wine. She was great! Not sure I'll be back to this location.Special Features:
- Props for Au PiovremeatloafVIPDined on 6/11/2014Dry aged steak is my preference, and this is the place to have it. My steak Au Poivre was cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- Outstanding and consistentOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 6/10/2014Each time I visit Chicago on business I have a meal here. Food is always consistent, delicious and service is friendly and professional. Steak was cooked to perfection and this place doesn't skip a beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient to IntercontinentalTravelerVIPDined on 6/2/2014Capital Grilles are consistent, and staying at the Intercontinental Rosemont this location couldn't have been more convenient. Much more accommodating, quieter and more breathing room than Gibson's up the road -- giving them some serious competition. At Gibson's you can't get a table until your entire party is there. At Capital Grille, no problem, plus we had a late arriving addition and that was no problem, either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationsusan3Dined on 5/31/2014Went with six people for a birthday celebration. The restaurant couldn't have been more perfect they decorated the table with confetti and served us each a complimentary glass if champagne. Then at the end brought out a beautiful complimentary dessert for the birthday person. Absolutely a lovely evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Lunch PerformanceChuckD105VIPDined on 5/28/2014The steak sandwich is a great lunch-time treat. Our waiter, Scott, was terrific.Special Features:
- Good choice for business meetingReviewsMatterDined on 5/28/2014This was a very good choice for a business lunch meeting in that we had ample space to spread out our material during lunch.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerDatenightDined on 5/24/2014Our server Sarah was awesome. The only real complaint was a large group that was celebrating a graduation had a baby with them that kept fussing and they were loud also. Not being a jerk or a snob as we have children, but if we spending a lot on a special dinner we would to enjoy the dinner without kids around.Special Features:
- How to ruin a good steakChairmanoftheBoardVIPDined on 5/22/2014We love our local Capital Grille, but this one could put you off the chain for good. Darden Restaurants should be ashamed of this place. The steaks were excellent as expected. However, we were seated in what felt like worn out airline seats, our server was more interested in gazing at the other patrons around the room than in attending to our meal, and I actually got out my phone to call the manager to have someone pick up our check with innumerable wait staff members milling around the kitchen doing nothing. Bad facilities and a bad staff. We'll try Gibson's next time.
- TerrificCorporateEntertainingDined on 5/22/2014Perfect service and food. Best lobster and crabcakes ever.Special Features:
- The Best FoodGary1949Dined on 5/20/2014This was one of the best meals we have ever had. Two of us had the filet mignon, it was cooked perfectly. One of the people had the filet with the bone in it and it was rare instead of medium. The appetizers were great. The sides were just enough for the three of us. Great service. The only thing is was a little warm in the restaurant. I don't think they knew they were going to be that busy on a Tuesday night and the weather turned WARM. I think the food and service is better the Gibson's, Ditkta's or Mortons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014We had a large group to begin with & came with an extra diner. I can't say enough about the service & willingness to help. The food was tremendous & while the noise level made it difficult to hold a conversation, we felt very happy about our choice when we left. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- High-end in RosemontdadwritesVIPDined on 5/19/2014Capital Grille is great for a business lunch, especially when a candid discussion is on the agenda. The tables are well spaced, noise levels are low and the service is almost invariably attentive without being intrusive. Among my top three in the O'Hare area (Gibson's, Capital Grille, Rosewood), this is the place I'd go if I wanted to impress my guests and conduct a serious conversation.Special Features:
- Would come back any timeStal34VIPDined on 5/18/2014Crab cakes are excellent along with the Calamari. Strawberry desert is phenomenal. Staff was perfect.Special Features: