The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
5340 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8476718125x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Natasha Vitti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (90)notable wine list (77)good for groups (57)fit for foodies (49)romantic (48)vibrant bar scene (29)hot spot (24)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (20)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (10)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- disappointed in servicemoreDined on 10/14/2014I had been to capital grille on a number of occasions. I am quite prepared for the prices and do not mind because the service is so exemplary. This visit though disappointed me. Our bread basket was empty and we had to ask for refills, we were never offered a second drink, service was slow. Usually the valet meets the car and opens the car door but they even failed at that. Service was average at best. Not what we have come to expect.Special Features:
- lincolnDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent and the service was even better!Special Features:
- SERVICEFORKSDined on 10/11/2014Always heard about the quality service...a conservative understatement. Our server, Aaron Martin (middle name Royal), was fantastic. He welcomed us, took care of our special requests perfectly, well versed in the menu as well as the wine list. He showed great personality and never rushed us whatsoever. Naturally, the dinner was well presented and tasted great. But, it is the outstanding service that will bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greateatdrinkBmerryDined on 10/8/2014An easy pick for great quality every time. Impressive entrée selections and outstanding wine list to accompany any great steak or chop.Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014Great spot to take a client. Fantastic service and great food. Wine list is large with many different price points.Special Features:
- celebrate a birthdaybbnaper55Dined on 10/8/2014I took someone for lunch for their birthday and the special touches and attention they provided were classy and exceptional. Food was very good and portions were appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceeplautzDined on 10/5/2014Trying to find time to celebrate our wedding anniversary seems to harder and harder to schedule each year so we ended up at Capital Grille on a Sunday night. Given that there was maybe only one or two business dinners occurring, the atmosphere was very quiet and intimate. The service was fantastic and their attention to detail was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014The service was great from the hostess, our waittress, and the valet guys. The atmosphere was beautiful. I had the chilean sea bass and honestly it was just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Say Enough Good Thingsdebs13VIPDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating a new job and promotion. CG decorated our table, had a personal congratulations note and gave us 2 congratulatory glasses of champagne. The service by Brian was outstanding and attentive. We started with the lobster and crab cakes which were perfect/ Then for the entrees we ordered the bone in tenderloin with gorgonzola and cherry sauce and the 2 lb lobster poached in butter. Both entrees were so delicious that we ate them all up! Finished up with a trio of ice creams and a complimentary dessert of cheesecake and flourless cake. A fabulous restaurant that never disappoints but keeps getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow. Great food, great experience.VaderRaterDined on 10/3/2014It's rare that you can say, "that was one of the best 'X' I've ever had." But the Delmonico steak with carmelized onions and coffee run was hands down the best steak I've ever had. I purposely left a little so I could have some the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Capital GrillSck23Dined on 9/30/2014Food and Service are always top notch. Only complaint was it was very loud within the restaurant which made it difficult to talk with our party of six. It was a busy night as it was fully occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD but good foodSWOttowDined on 9/30/2014The noise level was off the charts, but everything else about the dining experience was very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Best Steak HouseljhirschDined on 9/28/2014Both the Chicago and Rosemont locations are consistently perfect!Special Features:
- Great experienceEfftyVIPDined on 9/27/2014A personalized experience! Outstanding service, delicious and great food presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationsGogolfgroupDined on 9/27/2014Our party of seven had a great night overall. Good was great, hot, and served together! Wine list was excellent. They provided four big portion complementary desserts for the table - class touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner experienceFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/26/2014From start to finish our dinner at the Capital Grille in Rosemont was wonderful. After a horrific day of travel mishaps, I expected to be turned away despite reservations because we arrived 5 minutes past closing. However my fiancé and I were seated and the service was above and beyond. Our server Mike was so thoughtful and considerate he made our dinner experience truly special. He and the kitchen were able to fulfill specific meal preparation requests perfectly. The filet Oscar was delicious and tender; ahi tuna was also very good (though a bit salty). Sides of mushrooms and green beans (requested without butter) were outstanding. The Capital Grille turned our awful day completely around and was a perfect start to our weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ongoingly fabulous -ddinerDined on 9/26/2014Brought along first timer friendd and they loved it, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Everhighenddiner1Dined on 9/22/2014Dined yet another time at a Capital Grille in Chicago. Never are disappointed with an experience at this great place. Fine dining at its best! Steaks were delicious, sides were perfect and service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okYumyumDined on 9/20/2014Resturant seemed small and congested compared to downtown chicago and oakbrook locations.
- AwesomenessSusanVIPDined on 9/20/2014Dinner was great and they added extra special touch for our anniversary. Calamari was delicious, steak was cooked perfectly and lobster mac n cheese was to die for. Waiter was great and pace of the meal was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best dining experience ever!LovegreatFoodDined on 9/20/2014The service was great and the food, amazing. We look forward to visiting the milwaukee location and hopefully have another great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining out is only getting better.asdf1234VIPDined on 9/17/2014Here it is more about eating. To us it is like renting space in a comfortable well appointed environment being waited on hand and foot with elegantly uniformed staff in a super clean environment and oh yeah there is food and I am telling you tastefully delicious. All the top notch restaurants are within a block of each other but golly is Capital Grille a nice place.Special Features:
- Steak loverSteakloverDined on 9/15/2014My favorite steakhouse!! Dry aged porterhouse is best in Chicagoland Great service. PolishedSpecial Features:
- Our special occasion placeGULODined on 9/12/2014The first time we dined here, my girlfriend turned into my fiancé. It was a perfect night on September 6, 2013!! Since then we've celebrated New Year's, my now wife's birthday, and this past Friday celebrating my parent's anniversary, my mother-in-law's birthday, and my wife being 10 weeks pregnant!! We absolutely love it at Capital Grille, and look forward to celebrating many more special occasions there!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!JudyHHIVIPDined on 9/10/2014Lived in Chicago all my life until recently. Best steak in town and that us saying a lot with all the steak restaurants. I will go back whenever I am in Chicago.Special Features:
- Delicious Food, Perfect ServiceCAtravelerDined on 9/9/2014Great menu, and a very nice variety. Everyone in our party of six thoroughly enjoyed our food, and we appreciated the very professional, friendly service. This was the perfect lunch environment for this meeting with an important client. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host team of the yearOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2014We had several last minute adjustments to our reservation and the host team handled them perfectly. I can't compliment them enough for their professionalism and service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysCBrownDined on 9/6/2014We had a great dining experience - as always at this steak house. There are some great steak restaurants in Chicago and this definitely needs to be on the list. Great, attentive service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Quality but pricyEdwardHDined on 9/5/2014Service was great. Arrived Friday night prime time with extra people. They found a table within 5 minutes. Wiater knowledgeable and provided guidance on sides as main course lacks them. It is quite pricy so for soecial occasions. Meat was perfectly done, rare or medium as requested and crispy on outside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch thumbs upFoodieDined on 9/5/2014Excellent for lunch, great menu options. Sirloin burger and halibut were both excellent. Along with perfect veggies and great service made for a perfect place to have lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much more than a steak house!RosieDDined on 9/3/2014Service - food - ambiance all 5 Star! Not many restaurants near the airport make you feel special. Ask for Sakuna - you will enjoy the very best service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLunchingladiesDined on 9/2/2014A group of retired teachers meet annually on the first day of school to toast to a good new year. The restaurant treated us like royalty. I can't say enough about the service. Food was good as usual. We'll be back again next year and for other events throughout the year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceluv2dineDined on 8/30/2014Was really looking forward to stellar service but everything was rushed and then we had to ask for water several times, ashes got lines a few times and never got them, and finally when it came time for our bill, we had to wait once again. It was not a busy night. We are usually pleased with the food but my sea bass was over cooked. First time at this location. We usually get much better service abs quality of food at other locations.
- ExcellentjuliekVIPDined on 8/29/2014Never disappointed. Food is fresh. Service is superior. Desserts are to die for. We come a few times a month at leastSpecial Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going to another famous restaurant in the Rosemont area every Friday for the last 4 years. We decided to go to Capital Grille one day, absolutely loved everything about it and will continue to go there on Fridays now.The food is outstanding, the service (especially Javier) is consistently wonderful! Javier should be commended for his excellent customer service skills and his professionalism. We have brought several friends and family members there and they have shared the same dynamic experience we have had. Thank you Capital Grille and staff!Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceLincolnshireGirlDined on 8/29/2014The food, service, and atmosphere was wonderful. We both had the tenderloin and lobster, which was cooked to perfection. It was our 38th wedding anniversary, and you know after 38 years together not much surprises you, but we were surprised at how good this restaurant is ! The staff and waiter were fantastic, and service was impeccable !Special Features:
- 1st Anniversary DinnerSundtsationDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I chose this restaurant for our first wedding anniversary and we truly enjoyed the experience. We were served a complimentary champagne toast as well as a complimentary dessert. Our server was knowledgeable and professional. The food was great (we split a dry aged New York Strip and a pound of crab legs). Ambiance was very relaxing and enjoyable. I recommend this restaurant for a variety of occasions when an upscale steakhouse experience is what you are looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/22/2014Javier provided flawless service. Made it a memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014Had a 7pm reservation for Saturday, showed up at 630 to a busy restaurant! We sat at the bar for a cocktail, and am almost sure the host stand forgot about us, even after checking in TWICE with two separate hosts. We decided to dine at the bar because it was now 730, and were still waiting for a table. We were celebrating our anniversary, and really did not want to sit there, but we were just so hungry! Alex and Brad took care of us. It was like an orchestrated symphony those two displayed!! Upon learning about our table and anniversary, Alex and Brad gave us free champagne and dessert! Even a picture! Better than a table, couldn't have asked for a better evening. Thank you Brad and Alex.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful LunchSusanDined on 8/21/2014We had a wonderful lunch at the Capital Grill. The Lunch menu specials for $18 are a real treat. Nice selection of wines by the glass to compliment. Very professional hostess and wait staff makes for a completely enjoyable experience...Then you can shop at the outlet mall right behind the restaurant. What could be better! Oh yes, parking is free at the restaurant too! Valet if you need it.Special Features: