The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
5340 North River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (847) 671-8125
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Natasha Vitti
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont - Best Restaurants in Rosemont ›
The Capital Grille - Chicago- Rosemont reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)notable wine list (81)good for groups (70)fit for foodies (66)romantic (54)vibrant bar scene (36)great for lunch (27)hot spot (27)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- My Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/21/2014Great table with a Happy Birthday card waiting for me! Thank you for making my birthday dinner special. Very nice dessert with candle too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Place for Special OccasionsBlueIrishEyesDined on 11/19/2014Tucked into a little corner of Rosemont, the Capital Grille is a gem of a setting for special events. We celebrated a 75th birthday and closed the place an hour (I'm told) past closing. The ambiance and presentation of the food is outstanding. A terrific wine list and imaginative special suggestions that are not on the menu. I've been here three times, all special occasions and will continue to make it my "hot spot" for a memorable evening with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely disapointingEli7Dined on 11/17/2014We heve been to many Capital Grille, our favorites in Miami and Fort Lauderdale and is one of our favorite restaurants since we always get excellent service, superb quality steaks and an overall fine dining experience, so when visiting Chicago we thought this was a sure bet. Unfortunately that was not the case in Rosemont IL. The waitress was mediocre compared to any other waiters of this chain, but the meal was what was really disappointing. Starting with the bread, we got small bread pieces that were literally burned. The asparagus were spaghetti thin and overcooked, but worst of all was the Delmonico steak, a thin cut of meat with no flavor at all. Very uncharacteristic of this chain. A complete disappointment.
- Memorable eveningWittyVIPDined on 11/15/2014To celebrate my 65th birthday, we had a reservation- party of 6 at 645. After a bit of a delay in seating our party, everything was WONDERFUL. The service was 'over the top' and the food was - well, it was on of the best steaks (I went with the bone in Filet) I've had in a long, long time. We requested and got a round table in an area where we could converse easily, and they delivered. Dinner service was a very comfortable pace, and everyone we encountered was friendly. While a bit pricey, I would definitely recommend Capital Grill, Rosemont. Great Food, Great Service. Great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but exspensiveIlikemysteakrareDined on 11/14/2014The steak (we ordered a porterhouse and a sirloin) were cooked perfectly. Very rarely can you order a rare steak and get a RARE steak. I had the caprese salad which was wonderful. The mozzarella was a bit tough though. However, all sides are extra and though they say "family size", it's really one generous portion. So unfortunately, the bill ads up very quickly. Considering this is a chain, the price point is way too high. That said, we weren't charged for my iced tea. The waiter sent over the Lobster mac and cheese (pretty good) on the house which was nice. If a bit odd. I doubt I'd make a point to go again. It was a nice one time visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableSammyDined on 11/12/2014You can count on good food, wine and service. My only complaint was that despite having a reservation, we had to wait for our table and the hostess seemed clueless as to how to find us and let us know our table was ready. Once we were seated it was smooth sailing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary was made very special.anniversaryDined on 11/11/2014We were celebrating our wedding anniversary. There were rose petals on our table, a nice hand written card for us, and we were given a mini dessert. It was very special. I didn't like the pressure to order a more expensive bottle of wine, however. We didn't want to break the bank so we went w/ a $38 bottle instead of spending more because we ordered expensive steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2014We had a business group in town and wanted to dine at a special place with great food, great ambiance and great wine. The Capital Grille was the ultimate trifecta! Our waiter was extraordinary. Kudo's to David for an extraordinary evening!Special Features:
- Excellent!!!!EfftyVIPDined on 11/8/2014We highly recommend The Capital Grill, it's great for special occasions and for a casual dining experience!!!!!! We love it!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014As always....we totally enjoyed are dining experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticMststp33Dined on 11/7/2014The food is insane! Gtrat steaks, amazing crab legs. Had cheesecake for dessert, are you kidding me? Best dessert Ive ever eaten. The smoothness, you can never repeat. Top end service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frequent business dinerPOOH92643VIPDined on 11/2/2014Never disappointed, always great food and service.Special Features:
- marshVIPDined on 11/1/2014THE WAITER WAS REALLY PUSHING THE DRINKS AND APPETIZERS. ALSO, I ORDERED THE SALMON AND IT CAME WITH GREEN BEANS AND ARE SIDE WAS GREEN BEANS AND I THOUGHT THE WAITER WOULD RECOMMEND A DIFFERENT SIDE. THE BRUSSEL SPROUTS HAD BACON AND I DIDNT NOTICE THAT INGREDIENT ON THE MENU SO I WAS SUPRISE WHEN IT CAME. I DIDNT LIKE THAT I WAS SUPRISE WHEN IT WAS IN THE SALAD.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Way too expensive . $15 drinks - everyting is ala cart -$50 steaks that are said to be dry aged ? We had a table for four adults , 2 drinks 2 appitizers to share , 1 bottle of wine $60 . 3 steaks and a sea bass and 1 cheese cake to share . Total Bill $495 with tip $ 600. I hope they can make it with these prices and get people to come back . You have to search to fine prices on there menu , I think I know why .Special Features:
- OutstandingTough1Dined on 11/1/2014We don't get out often but when we do we would rather do a higher end dining place and the Capital Grille delivers. We had told some friends of ours how great the food and service were here but be prepared to pay a little bit more. Their skepticism vanished within a few minutes after seating. Out server Ralph was great and did not rush us while explaining the wine line list and the specials for the night. What a great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialistDined on 10/31/2014Great steaks,the oysters were super and the staff were excellent.Special Features:
- Great place for a birthday dinner!illinikevinVIPDined on 10/26/2014My wife and I went for my birthday dinner. The steak was so tender you could of cut it with a butter knife! I also got a plate with two desserts on it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Customer ServiceReady2EatDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I were celebrating new jobs. There was a nice, handwritten, note of congratulations from the restaurant and confetti on our table..a nice touch. The food was very good, especially the crab & lobster cakes. However, when my Delmonico Steak came overcooked, our server and the manager took great measures to make sure this did not define our experience. They provided me with another, gave us desserts and comped my meal. It's important to note that I did not complain.. only gave my server my.opinion when he asked how it was. The food was great but the Customer Service truly outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomedindinDined on 10/24/2014Food was amazing - everything from appeptizers to dessert. Many happy plates at our table, which is a rarity! Atmosphere was relaxing and never rushed. Waiter (Aaron Martin) was the phenominal. He was accomodating, funny and truly made the evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World Class DiningFancyGrandmaDined on 10/18/2014We were celebrating our anniversary & found our table tastefully decorated with red heart confetti & congratulatory card. We enjoyed filets that were seasoned & cooked to perfection. It was refreshing to actually taste the flavor & tenderness of the meat instead of having it masked with too many seasonings. The baked potato with white cheddar topping was outstanding...& just as delicious the next day reheated! The grand finale was a complimentary cheesecake, garnished with fresh berries, & delectable flour less chocolate cake. Both were served on a decorated platter with Happy Anniversary greeting in chocolate. Definitely a world class dining experience with outstanding service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarolDined on 10/18/2014We have enjoyed other CG's so we're expecting a similar dining experience here. For the most part it was very good. The waiter was attentive. We did have to ask for water refills. I had asked for a quiet table on the reservation (one in our party has hearing difficulties) and they did their best to accommodate. There was a cool breeze blowing down on us so we asked for it to be adjusted. They tried several times to address the Sitn but I eventually got my coat and wore it. Four of the five of us were uncomfortable during the meal. Except for one of the steaks (too tough) the food was excellent. While I could see that the restaurant was trying to do all the right things the occasion was diminished by the heating.Special Features:
- Great service!CstacyVIPDined on 10/18/2014We went with our friends and their little boy (18 months). We haven't seen them for a while, so asked for a table away from crowded areas. The restaurant really came through for us! We were far away from the crowds and our waiter brought a grilled cheese sandwich quickly for my friends son!! Everyone was nice and helpful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed in servicemoreDined on 10/14/2014I had been to capital grille on a number of occasions. I am quite prepared for the prices and do not mind because the service is so exemplary. This visit though disappointed me. Our bread basket was empty and we had to ask for refills, we were never offered a second drink, service was slow. Usually the valet meets the car and opens the car door but they even failed at that. Service was average at best. Not what we have come to expect.Special Features:
- lincolnDined on 10/11/2014The food was excellent and the service was even better!Special Features:
- SERVICEFORKSDined on 10/11/2014Always heard about the quality service...a conservative understatement. Our server, Aaron Martin (middle name Royal), was fantastic. He welcomed us, took care of our special requests perfectly, well versed in the menu as well as the wine list. He showed great personality and never rushed us whatsoever. Naturally, the dinner was well presented and tasted great. But, it is the outstanding service that will bring us back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greateatdrinkBmerryDined on 10/8/2014An easy pick for great quality every time. Impressive entrée selections and outstanding wine list to accompany any great steak or chop.Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/8/2014Great spot to take a client. Fantastic service and great food. Wine list is large with many different price points.Special Features:
- celebrate a birthdaybbnaper55Dined on 10/8/2014I took someone for lunch for their birthday and the special touches and attention they provided were classy and exceptional. Food was very good and portions were appropriate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServiceeplautzDined on 10/5/2014Trying to find time to celebrate our wedding anniversary seems to harder and harder to schedule each year so we ended up at Capital Grille on a Sunday night. Given that there was maybe only one or two business dinners occurring, the atmosphere was very quiet and intimate. The service was fantastic and their attention to detail was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/5/2014The service was great from the hostess, our waittress, and the valet guys. The atmosphere was beautiful. I had the chilean sea bass and honestly it was just okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Say Enough Good Thingsdebs13VIPDined on 10/4/2014We were celebrating a new job and promotion. CG decorated our table, had a personal congratulations note and gave us 2 congratulatory glasses of champagne. The service by Brian was outstanding and attentive. We started with the lobster and crab cakes which were perfect/ Then for the entrees we ordered the bone in tenderloin with gorgonzola and cherry sauce and the 2 lb lobster poached in butter. Both entrees were so delicious that we ate them all up! Finished up with a trio of ice creams and a complimentary dessert of cheesecake and flourless cake. A fabulous restaurant that never disappoints but keeps getting better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow. Great food, great experience.VaderRaterDined on 10/3/2014It's rare that you can say, "that was one of the best 'X' I've ever had." But the Delmonico steak with carmelized onions and coffee run was hands down the best steak I've ever had. I purposely left a little so I could have some the next day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Capital GrillSck23Dined on 9/30/2014Food and Service are always top notch. Only complaint was it was very loud within the restaurant which made it difficult to talk with our party of six. It was a busy night as it was fully occupied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOUD but good foodSWOttowDined on 9/30/2014The noise level was off the charts, but everything else about the dining experience was very enjoyable!Special Features:
- Best Steak HouseljhirschDined on 9/28/2014Both the Chicago and Rosemont locations are consistently perfect!Special Features:
- Great experienceEfftyVIPDined on 9/27/2014A personalized experience! Outstanding service, delicious and great food presentation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationsGogolfgroupDined on 9/27/2014Our party of seven had a great night overall. Good was great, hot, and served together! Wine list was excellent. They provided four big portion complementary desserts for the table - class touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner experienceFoodLoverVIPDined on 9/26/2014From start to finish our dinner at the Capital Grille in Rosemont was wonderful. After a horrific day of travel mishaps, I expected to be turned away despite reservations because we arrived 5 minutes past closing. However my fiancé and I were seated and the service was above and beyond. Our server Mike was so thoughtful and considerate he made our dinner experience truly special. He and the kitchen were able to fulfill specific meal preparation requests perfectly. The filet Oscar was delicious and tender; ahi tuna was also very good (though a bit salty). Sides of mushrooms and green beans (requested without butter) were outstanding. The Capital Grille turned our awful day completely around and was a perfect start to our weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ongoingly fabulous -ddinerDined on 9/26/2014Brought along first timer friendd and they loved it, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak Everhighenddiner1Dined on 9/22/2014Dined yet another time at a Capital Grille in Chicago. Never are disappointed with an experience at this great place. Fine dining at its best! Steaks were delicious, sides were perfect and service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.