The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard
87 Yorktown Center
Lombard, IL 60148Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6306279800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mitchell P. Gierke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard - Best Restaurants in Lombard ›
The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)notable wine list (83)romantic (77)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (19)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- A DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014First time dined here and it was a delightful experience. Food was outstanding and the service great. My wife and I shared all dishes with the waiter making the arrangements as if this I'd done all the time. Appetizer of calamari was one of the best I've had, the lobster bisque contained many pieces of lobster, the chopped salad (weakest part of the meal) was nothing special and disappointing, the sliced filet and mushrooms outstanding, and the bread basket simply delicious. Since we were celebrating a birthday, the gratis birthday dessert was well worth the calories to complete the evening. A highly recommended dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a WOWscdineDined on 9/26/2014We sat in the bar area during lunch. It was quiet and comfortable. The service was very good and prompt. The T-Bone steak was amazing; tender with great flavor. I highly recommend the lobster mac & cheese side dish. Truly the best side I've ever had . Great cheese flavor with an abundance of lobster meat. Managed to turn the meal into two with the leftovers. An overall wonderful dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doclsk15Doclsk15Dined on 9/18/2014Food, service, decor, and martinis were incredible. A must go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Special EveningNew2tVIPDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and we were treated like gold. Outstanding service, quiet table and fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingrareadyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I had the filet mignon and lobster. The filet was done to my perfection and very juicy. The lobster mac and cheese was to die for and had large pieces of lobster meat so you could actually taste it. The 4 of us shared all the sides. It was a bit pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for NikoMasterMoverVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter Niko Dimashi was great -- he provided accurate descriptions and recommendations for the steaks and wine to match. He was attentive without being overbearing. Personable and professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parIgnoredVIPDined on 9/12/2014Usually is great. But we were ignored by our waitress and the busboys. Nobody came to our table for 10 minutes. I felt like we were bothering her asking questions about the menu and nobody cleared our dishes, so the table was full of empty plates. We left before the main course. The lobster crab cakes were good, but I can't tell you about much else.Special Features:
- AwesomeswguDined on 9/8/2014Once again, Capital Grille never disappointments. Fantastic service and excellent food. You can't go wrong. We go there for every special occasion, and we love it!Special Features:
- A great Place to CelebrateFlamingoVIPDined on 9/7/2014We celebrated my birthday here. CG does a good job with the little details - ie: staff wishing you HB, birthday card on the table. I was a bit disappointed that they had so many celebratory events over the weekend, they ran out of flower petals for the table Sunday evening. But our waiter never missed a beat - he found an orchid blossom and brought it to me! The food was excellent - steaks cooked perfectly! And the HB dessert was delish. A great way to celebrate.Special Features:
- The BestMarineVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food, service and ambiance are the reasons why we keep returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApotheosisDined on 9/6/2014I have been to the CG's in Beverly Hills and Costa Mesa. Now living here in Chicago, and I was just as pleased with the Lombard establishment as I have been with the others. We were taken care of very well, the restaurant is elegant as always, although it was too bad there was some construction going on out in front which made the entrance a little ugly. I'm sure once completed every thing will be fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really fine dinningDanaDined on 9/6/2014The service was some of the best I have ever had. ( great job Jennifer M.) The food was great,well worth the price. Will go back again!Special Features:
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDinner42Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect. Great wine list. Impeccable service. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodmom2boysDined on 8/29/2014Food was terrific, except the chopped salad left a little to be desired. Not my favorite chopped salad. Everything else we had was great! Steaks were phenomenal! Our server was very nice, but a little slow. Overall the place was awesome and we will definatley be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFrankygVIPDined on 8/28/2014I have been to another Capitol Grille, but Lombard's is the best in all categories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceSpanishladyDined on 8/25/2014Food was excellent (filet with lobster tails, smoked salmon, halibut, Delmonico steak,etc.). Wine list is also excellent. Server was friendly, informative, and silently attentive. Our only problem was the lighting; it is a bit dark. This would not have been a problem thirty years ago! Of course the low lighting does give the place a nice ambience and is appropriate for dining. It is only our old eyes that are the problem! From start (the very nice man doing the valet parking) to the Hostess and Host, to the end was very good.Special Features:
- CG is OUT of the rotation!!MeeeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Food was sub-par and waiter not interested, period; except for inflating the bill. He was nowhere, did not advise us of a special menu tasting that our table would have liked. We know that's because the bill would have been less. He promised the caprese salad had heirloom tomatoes. It did NOT (unripe tasteless with only a few good cherry tomatoes); also, the mozzarella was way under par. This was SO not what we've had before at Lombard location that it makes me wonder if it is under new management. Overall quality was not nearly as good as before. Our host mentioned dissatisfaction to the manager on the way out and received only a curt "sorry". We were simply shocked to find Capital Grill has slipped so much!
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Outstanding Food with Outstanding Service - We were celebrating an engagement and anniversary. Surpassed my expectations! Really loved the fact that the restaurant was quiet - could hear everyone at our table of eight without having to shout.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First stop: release from hospitalPappyDDined on 8/23/2014After 3 weeks of hospital food, Grille was a real treat! Waiter was pleasant, attentive and responsive to changes needed. Doesn't anyone else order dry Rob Roy? it always takes two tries! Gave us a couple of wines to taste before deciding on a drier red than the first offered. Nicely done! Kona rubbed steak for me, lamb for my bride. Both perfectly prepared. Enough for a fine brunch at home on Sunday, too.Special Features:
- Capital grillFridaynightfriendsDined on 8/22/2014Danny provided spectacular service! If you go to this restaurant ask for him.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Business and Social DinnerWindy281Dined on 8/22/2014Excellent place to take a top business client and spouse. Food and service are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticout2dinnerDined on 8/16/2014The Generous Pour was excellent. Excellent food and great wine, topped off with excellent service.Special Features:
- Always greatDrJimBVIPDined on 8/16/2014Have eaten here about 6 times now and never disappointed. Both food and service are top notch. Do not hesitate to go there.Special Features:
- GreatDiningInChiDined on 8/16/2014Had a great time with Dan as our server. Very fun. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- KrisDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant featured exceptional service and food. We went to celebrate an adoption and it was so nice, the waitress was able to inform us of the special occasion upon seating us. It was a four hour dinner and we had several individuals stop by our table to ensure everything was fine. We had constant service until the end, even if it was just refilling our water. I would not hesitate to recommend, but bring your appetite portions are huge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Excellent Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014What a great restaurant too celebrate a special birthday lunch!!! We celebrated my son's 5th birthday for lunch at the Capital Grille and I am so glad we did! The food was excellent and the service was above 5 stars!!! Thank you for making our lunch so memorable and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelentBusinessmanVIPDined on 8/15/2014Predictably excelent in service and food. Top choice in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDiamondDined on 8/10/2014We certainly enjoyed our anniversary dinner with excellent service and great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special nightsurdfamDined on 8/10/2014The service and staff was outstanding. The female bartender was a gem. Our waiter gave us special attention especially tonoir little grandson. Every one liked the food. Although I do prefer steaks and sides at Ruth Chris.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amynVIPDined on 8/9/2014Thomas (manager) & Nico went above and beyond! My hub and I love Capital Grille, but reserve for more special nights because it is pricey. The service there is amazing and it really makes you wonder why all restaurants aren't offering this extremely high level of service and level of professionalism in a dining experience. The food was not as good as usual, but I'm addicted to being treated so nicely! We will return!Special Features:
- GREATrichieVIPDined on 8/8/2014We have been there several times for special occasions and it has always been GREAT - Great - Great!!! You pay more than most but it has never disappointed.Special Features:
- DebbyVIPDined on 8/8/2014great place to go and would go back for sure. Service was excellent. Food was very good.Special Features:
- 48th AnniversaryAmazingExperienceDined on 8/7/2014We celebrated my parents anniversary here. Everything from the food, wine and service was amazing. My parents have never treated themselves to such an experience before and now they can't wait to go back next year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usual.FrankygVIPDined on 8/7/2014Other restauranteurs should experience Capitol Grille and take notes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still love this place...Table42VIPDined on 8/7/2014This has become our families goto place for birthdays and special events. Super attentive staff. Waiters are all excellent. What can I say about the food? Whether one of the great steaks or any of the seafood, it is prepared to perfection. Wine and cocktails are superb. Oh and if you reserve online, you can have your fav cocktails brought as you sit down. And birthdayers are treated to dessert. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- lovely business lunchDonnaHVIPDined on 8/7/2014I never tire of Capital Grille. The lunch was superb. The service is magnificent. Fresh, fresh scallops. YUMSpecial Features:
- capitol grillefoodie66Dined on 8/2/2014the presentation of the food was very substandard considering the prices very high in sodium also all in all for my girlfriends birthday it was very disappointing even the cocktails were not up to standard of many other restaurants we have been to she had ordered a lemon drop martini and there ws not even a lemon twist in it also it took us about 2 1/2 hrs to eat not goodSpecial Features:
- Anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014The wife and I went for our anniversary and had a GREAT time! Food was delicious! Michael, our server was spot on...great with explanations of preparations, etc. and always there when we needed him for something. Overall, a great experience. If it wasnt so expensive, we would go all the time. But,for us this is just a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Fantastic!MartinDined on 8/1/2014Need I say more? Okay, the ambience was perfect, service was impeccable and the food was 5 Star!Special Features: