The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard
87 Yorktown Center
Lombard, IL 60148Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6306279800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm; Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Mitchell P. Gierke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard - Best Restaurants in Lombard ›
The Capital Grille - Chicago - Lombard reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)notable wine list (94)romantic (83)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (50)neighborhood gem (35)great for lunch (21)hot spot (20)vibrant bar scene (19)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Fantastic ServiceLuvYummyFoodDined on 10/24/2014Our server, David, was so attentive, entertaining and gave us great info on the food and wine. Food was amazing!! I would classify this is a special occasion or romantic type restaurant. It's pricey but worth it. The menu is very concise and versatile. All items are Ala cart but the sides are definitely large enough for 2 as stated on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Special Occasions!Cat23Dined on 10/24/2014We love the Kona rubbed steak. We celebrated a couple of birthdays and they made us feel very special with cards signed by the staff, rose petals on the table and a very special dessert. Also took a photo and presented it to us in a nice folder almost immediately. Awesome service by David.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014We went to the Capital Grille for the first time and were very impressed. The atmosphere and service were the best we've experienced in the last decade or so. We are used to getting great food for a lot of money, but this is the first time in ages where we felt 'pampered'. It was our anniversary and we let them know when we made reservations, so I'm sure that was part of it. Wait staff was excellent, very well-run restaurant. Will definitely remember that night out! Dan was our server, lucky if you get him!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where is my Server?JTB1VIPDined on 10/23/2014Sometimes the difference between a good meal and a great meal is the service, and this is the case for my last visit. The food was great but the server seemed to disappear every so often. Hard to fully enjoy a meal when you are looking for your server half the time. (the restaurant was not that busy) May want to consider other options in the area.
- Service in syncluvourlifeDined on 10/23/2014The unfortunate thing about an expensive place where the service isn't good, they don't know. That will never happen at Capital Grille in Lombard. That will never happen with our waiter, Seth. That will never happen with either of them because their staff is very aware of what they're doing. They were terrific because that's what they try to be. Excellent! Hit it out of the park! We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/21/2014We were able to reserve a private room which was perfect for our dinner for 9 people. Great server too.Special Features:
- Another memorable experienceBobLDined on 10/19/2014Went on a quiet Sunday night with spouse. Sharon at bar was outstanding with wine recommendations and service. Food was fantastic, as I have come to expect at this place. Sergio provided great service to compliment the meal and desert recommendations (hint---try the cheesecake because it is fantastic). They were out of a few items (chocolate cake, etc.) but cheesecake made up for it. Overall you can't go wrong here.
- Best Steakhouse In ChicagoEpicuriousDined on 10/18/2014Best steak I have ever had. The side dishes of lobster mac n cheese and truffle fries are not to be missed. Great wine list. Impeccable service. A little on the noisy side, but it is a steakhouse so this is to be expected. I've been to most of the steakhouses in Chicago, including the CG in the city, and for my money this one is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationfantasticfoodDined on 10/18/2014We celebrated two 35th wedding anniversaries with another couple. The service was superb and we are still raving about the food! We had the sea bass and the delmonico steak. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014Our server was outstanding, and made the evening most enjoyable.Special Features:
- always the bestdineonDined on 10/14/2014We've been coming here for special occasions for several years and it has always been consistently great food and great service. The best lobster bisque we've had anywhere in the country. It's worth every penny you spend. It's the kind of food you savour every bite. The wait staff always go out of their way to make your evening special. We've never been dissappointed.Special Features:
- A great experienceckien824VIPDined on 10/13/2014My husband and I came to Capital Grille to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it was fantastic! By far, the best part was the service. Our server was incredibly attentive, friendly, knowledgeable, and was so sweet. The food was also amazing. We started with the steak tar tare (outstanding), split the wedge salad, and then I had the gorgonzola and tuffle crusted filet with lobster mac and cheese - all was notable! Thanks Capital Grille for an amazing night!Special Features:
- Good Food Great serviceJoanDined on 10/11/2014The food was good and so was the service! I would have liked to see the dining room. We had reservations and there was a wait with reservations. They sat a table up in the bar and it was fine but I never saw the main dining roomSpecial Features:
- Enjoyed our mealjoejmDined on 10/11/2014Ironically, we enjoyed every part of our meal except the steak. We got a lobster bisque soup and caesar salad, - both were really nice. We also enjoyed the chocolate cake and creme brulee cheesecake a lot. However, the steak au poivre really had way too much peppercorn; and I think I can handle a lot of pepper. We also had the special filet with red wine reduction and blue cheese, and we thought the blue cheese was too dominant. Overall we enjoyed the experience though! The service was top-notch and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerBHerbVIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I spent out 34th wedding anniversary here and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. We often go to Capital Grille to celebrate special events and we are always very impressed with the service, atmosphere and the food. Thank you Capital Grille for a wonderful night.
- Just GreatTofoDined on 10/10/2014Great stuff on the menu, everything was fantastic. Worth the money. Service was top-notch as well. Would recommend to anyone looking for a can't-miss date night.Special Features:
- Capital GrilleJafptDined on 10/10/2014Great food and spectacular service. You make us feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let them eat steaktjhlawDined on 10/7/2014Capital Grill in Lombard is one of the best steak joints in the suburbs. The rib eye is very good. The bar is inviting. The wait staff and bartender are friendly. It is a great place to take business associates.Special Features:
- Capital GrilleraybretDined on 10/4/2014We've heard a lot about how good this restaurant is and have been trying to get there because its not that close to our house. We took our adult children there for a celebration and it was a great choice. Everyone love their meals from steaks, to seabass and halibut. We had a great waiter who was very friendly and attentive. We will definitely be going back because its worth the drive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/3/2014Food was great. service was great. prices not as high as I would have expected. atmosphere was warm and friendly. a little noise early on as restaurant was crowded but still enjoyable.Special Features:
- OUTSTANDING DINNERILAZWIDinersVIPDined on 10/1/2014WE AGAIN HAD A FANTASTIC DINNER AT CAPITAL GRILLE. FOOD IS ALWAYS OUTSTANDING AND YOU CAN'T BEAT THE SERVICE--EXCELLENT WE ALWAYS ENJOY OUR MEALS AT CAPITAL GRILLE.Special Features:
- Service was overly enthusiasticSMRodeeDined on 9/29/2014My husband & I celebrated our 24th anniversary at Capital Grille. It was Monday night, restaurant was not full. We shared an appetizer - waiter tried to whisk away the plate before my husband had taken his portion. This over enthusiatic clearing happened throughout the meal - which was distracting. The food was fine...but menu did not include full descriptions. Example - I was expecting Chopped Salad to include blue cheese & found out that it was a VERY different salad. Lobster/Crab cakes were served w/Tartar Sauce - not my favorite & I would have asked for an adjustment. My husband enjoyed his Halibut & we both loved the Asparagus and Flourless Choclate Cake (although they could have been less stingy w/whipped cream.)Special Features:
- Excellent LunceonDebsDiningDined on 9/29/2014We had a luncheon for 8 and the folks at Capital Grille were great and the food was delightful!Special Features:
- A DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/27/2014First time dined here and it was a delightful experience. Food was outstanding and the service great. My wife and I shared all dishes with the waiter making the arrangements as if this I'd done all the time. Appetizer of calamari was one of the best I've had, the lobster bisque contained many pieces of lobster, the chopped salad (weakest part of the meal) was nothing special and disappointing, the sliced filet and mushrooms outstanding, and the bread basket simply delicious. Since we were celebrating a birthday, the gratis birthday dessert was well worth the calories to complete the evening. A highly recommended dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was a WOWscdineDined on 9/26/2014We sat in the bar area during lunch. It was quiet and comfortable. The service was very good and prompt. The T-Bone steak was amazing; tender with great flavor. I highly recommend the lobster mac & cheese side dish. Truly the best side I've ever had . Great cheese flavor with an abundance of lobster meat. Managed to turn the meal into two with the leftovers. An overall wonderful dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doclsk15Doclsk15Dined on 9/18/2014Food, service, decor, and martinis were incredible. A must go to restaurant.Special Features:
- Special EveningNew2tVIPDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I went for our anniversary and we were treated like gold. Outstanding service, quiet table and fabulous meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingrareadyVIPDined on 9/13/2014I had the filet mignon and lobster. The filet was done to my perfection and very juicy. The lobster mac and cheese was to die for and had large pieces of lobster meat so you could actually taste it. The 4 of us shared all the sides. It was a bit pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for NikoMasterMoverVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our waiter Niko Dimashi was great -- he provided accurate descriptions and recommendations for the steaks and wine to match. He was attentive without being overbearing. Personable and professional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not up to parIgnoredVIPDined on 9/12/2014Usually is great. But we were ignored by our waitress and the busboys. Nobody came to our table for 10 minutes. I felt like we were bothering her asking questions about the menu and nobody cleared our dishes, so the table was full of empty plates. We left before the main course. The lobster crab cakes were good, but I can't tell you about much else.Special Features:
- AwesomeswguDined on 9/8/2014Once again, Capital Grille never disappointments. Fantastic service and excellent food. You can't go wrong. We go there for every special occasion, and we love it!Special Features:
- A great Place to CelebrateFlamingoVIPDined on 9/7/2014We celebrated my birthday here. CG does a good job with the little details - ie: staff wishing you HB, birthday card on the table. I was a bit disappointed that they had so many celebratory events over the weekend, they ran out of flower petals for the table Sunday evening. But our waiter never missed a beat - he found an orchid blossom and brought it to me! The food was excellent - steaks cooked perfectly! And the HB dessert was delish. A great way to celebrate.Special Features:
- The BestMarineVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food, service and ambiance are the reasons why we keep returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ApotheosisVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been to the CG's in Beverly Hills and Costa Mesa. Now living here in Chicago, and I was just as pleased with the Lombard establishment as I have been with the others. We were taken care of very well, the restaurant is elegant as always, although it was too bad there was some construction going on out in front which made the entrance a little ugly. I'm sure once completed every thing will be fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really fine dinningDanaDined on 9/6/2014The service was some of the best I have ever had. ( great job Jennifer M.) The food was great,well worth the price. Will go back again!Special Features:
- Excellent.NA11VIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent. Excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectDinner42Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was perfect. Great wine list. Impeccable service. Delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodmom2boysDined on 8/29/2014Food was terrific, except the chopped salad left a little to be desired. Not my favorite chopped salad. Everything else we had was great! Steaks were phenomenal! Our server was very nice, but a little slow. Overall the place was awesome and we will definatley be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentFrankygVIPDined on 8/28/2014I have been to another Capitol Grille, but Lombard's is the best in all categories!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experienceSpanishladyDined on 8/25/2014Food was excellent (filet with lobster tails, smoked salmon, halibut, Delmonico steak,etc.). Wine list is also excellent. Server was friendly, informative, and silently attentive. Our only problem was the lighting; it is a bit dark. This would not have been a problem thirty years ago! Of course the low lighting does give the place a nice ambience and is appropriate for dining. It is only our old eyes that are the problem! From start (the very nice man doing the valet parking) to the Hostess and Host, to the end was very good.Special Features: