The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase
5310 Western Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
Chevy Chase, DC
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (301) 718-7812
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm (Bar Menu available from 3:00pm - 4:00pm), Saturday noon - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jose Villanueva
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today. Private dining room can hold up to 30 guests.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance & exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks & the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. & as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience & the ideal materials to work with a capital setting, distinctive food & unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase - Best Restaurants in Chevy Chase, DC ›
The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (127)notable wine list (71)fit for foodies (65)romantic (63)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (48)great for lunch (42)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (20)hot spot (13)great for brunch (12)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- 2nd times the tricklarrybellDined on 11/20/2014We visited shortly after CG opened and were not impressed. this visit exceeded our expectations. We will return many more timesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A magnificent place to celebrate a birthdayKennedyRegularVIPDined on 11/20/2014From the time we arrived, we were treated like royalty. Special decorations and birthday card on the table, glasses of the bubbly, utterly delicious food, and a special birthday dessert beautifully decorated. I thought of the largest tip I could and then doubled it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Across The BoardNoelVIPDined on 11/17/2014Excellent food, service, and ambience. We love going to Capital Grille. Melanie was terrific, and Jesse makes the best cappuccinos! It is so nice to have a place with such good food and service somewhere you can have an easy conversation with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Special Occasion LocationLg17Dined on 11/9/2014Amazing Food and Service. The Butternut Squash soup is a meal all in its self. The steak is superb and perfectly prepared.Special Features:
- Once again - PERFECTION!ChristopherVIPDined on 11/8/2014How can you add to what I have written before, but I shall try. Perfection is what I must say to describe the whole experience. To begin, the host and hostess are so warm and welcoming that you cannot help be excited about your upcoming dining experience. Then we met our server, Gregory - you must ask for him. I have other favorites who I will recommend (Eros and Kathleen) but they were not working, and Gregory was equal in excellence, personality and knowledge about the menu. It makes it so hard to ask for one over the other, when every person is exceptional. I went outside my usual Lobster Bisque and Kona Rubbed Sirloin, which are to die for, I tried their crab cocktail with the heirloom tomatoes, and oh my, it was a spiritual experience - it was succulent, and then I went seafood for my entrée, and had the scallops and risotto - ah, very nice. I was in the mood for ice cream and sorbet, and had their trio, there is no compare anywhere. My friend had the coconut cream pie and I know he was in heaven too. Heaven is correct - because dining at The Capital Grille will send you into another realm - my complements never can end!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MooreVIPDined on 11/1/2014Agnes, our server, was very attentive and knowledgable about menu items and a true wine stewart. My scallops were cooked to perfection and my daughter's tuna was delectable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in Chevy ChaseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/31/2014My friends and I ate out on Halloween eve. The service was excellent, the food also and the noise level was such that, not having seen each other for some time, we were able to have lovely conversation without screaming over the din. To us, the ambience was as important as the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for lunchMarkVIPDined on 10/30/2014This is an upscale treat for lunch, but also a great value. Had the lobster roll, which was outstanding. The service is impeccable with attentive, but non-intrusive waiters. Very professional feel.Special Features:
- joanVIPDined on 10/27/2014This resaurant was perfect for a quiet lunch. We weren't rushed at all.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love capital GrilleLoveGoodFoodDined on 10/25/2014Always have a great meal here. The service is great, and the waiters are all very knowledgeable as they should be. You'll have a great experience. Be prepared to spend between 100-150$ for 2 if you're going to eat well. Most would consider this a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently Exceptional!ChristopherVIPDined on 10/25/2014Once again The Capital Grille has met, then exceeded my expectations! I have written a number of reviews for OpenTable about experiences at The Capital Grille and I hope you readers are taking them to heart- I have been to many places with high quality service and food and trust me, The Capital Grille is consistently, one of the finest establishments in the entire DC metro area. To begin, our server, Eros, is such an asset to the company. He is knowledgeable and personable - the right balance of friendly without being saccharine, and he once again recommended my friend to go outside her comfort zone and try something new to the menu- a bone-in filet, and it was outstanding. Everything is first class and I am never disappointed. Kudos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!DcSteakLoverDined on 10/24/2014This was probably one of my best food and customer service experiences this past weekend at The Capital Grille. Our waiter (Gregory M.) was funny and vibrant and made us feel comfortable. My past experiences with the staff haven't been the best, so I dine here only for the amazing steaks. I must say he most definitely changed my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCandiceMikeDined on 10/22/2014We told the Capital Grille it was our 15th Anniversary. When we arrived the table was decorated and card signed by the whole staff awaited us. They treated us so special throughout the whole evening. The prefect ending was a surprise dessert for us! The food was superb and the wine list extensive- they had the wine we served at our wedding 15 years ago. We'll be back again and again!Special Features:
- diningoutloverDined on 10/21/2014We liked the option of the $18 lunch plates though one guest had it. The service was great and food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodiluv2eatDined on 10/16/2014It was all you could ask for and more. Great service and food I don't think you can beat thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarshDined on 10/11/2014While I felt that the food was very good, I thought the service could be improved. The waiter kept hovering over us and asking if we were ready to order. The servers were off on food delivery, putting the wrong dish in front of each diner (and there were only 4!).I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent Place to Impress VisitorstheaspDined on 10/9/2014We had as guests a couple who are old friends from the Middle East and who are used to top-of-the-line restaurants and hotels. Capital Grille did not disappoint. The service was especially prompt, solicitous and gracious. They know how to take care of guests. The maitre offered us a choice between noisy, moderate and quiet ambiance in selection of tables (we chose quiet). The food was excellent although none of ordered the signature steak dishes. The guests did not drink so my wife and I only had a glass each of good house wines.Special Features:
- Girls Birthday LunchAuntieBeeVIPDined on 10/8/2014For the first time I ate in the bar area. The service was attentive but allowed us great privacy. We had the lunch plate, $18 for a soup and two petite tenderloin sandwiches with truffle fries that were amazing! More than enough food, I took home fries and one of the two sandwiches. The Bloody Mary was perfection! Finally, loved the personalized dessert plate and complimentary mini cheesecake and chocolate cake. It was a fabulous lunch!Special Features:
- Beyond my expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had celebrated my husband's birthday at the Chevy Chase location and couldn't have been more taken care of.I had increased our reservation number 3 times, I thought for sure I was already on their nerves. We were happily greeted on time and seated(even though our party was not complete). I must say,I figured this place would be pricy, but were talking more than Ruth Chris. Food was DEFINITELY worth it. Everyone enjoyed the food. If you need food for the kids, be sure to ask. They don't have a printed kids menu. When they found out it was my husband's birthday, they brought him a beautiful dessert with Happy Birthday written in chocolate and took a family picture...with their camera! Later, they have us 6 copies of the picture! Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruthDined on 9/20/2014This was probably one of the best dinners we ever had. It was our anniversary an they really make us feel special. The food was absolutely 5 star and we would highly recommend The Capital Grille to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedPeanutVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and thought the Capital Grille would be ideal. I had a steak and it turned out to be fatty, and for $44 I do not want fat. My wife had a fish dish and that was just average as well. We have eaten lunch at this restaurant on many occasions and everything was perfect. Good food, large selection, good pricing and as always great service.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks !JIMPALMVIPDined on 9/20/2014Consistently excellent beef / steak entrees and side dishes. Wine selection is very good. Service by Melanie = special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsFC4DCDined on 9/19/2014The service from Eros is what made the experience. My salmon was dry but everyone in my party really enjoyed their food. Not sure if the food stands out enough to warrant the prices but it was a good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sams1stchoiceDined on 9/16/2014The watermelon, feta salad was excellent. Coffee is always good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-PricedLUV2DINEINCHEVYCHASEDined on 9/15/2014OVER PRICED ... ONLY A FAIR DINING EXPERIENCE FOR THE PRICE.Special Features:
- expensive and food so-sogourmondDined on 9/13/2014It was very expensive and the food was good but not WOW. For the price I wanted WOW. it was $125 per head (4 of us with tip and two bottles of wine) steak $50 sides $11, etc. It was just a little to 1980's and corporate for my taste. The food was good, but for the price I'd go somewhere else more interesting.Special Features:
- Such a special eveningdawnindcDined on 9/13/2014We took my in-laws to Capital Grille for their 45th wedding anniversary. You can always depend on Cap Grille to have unbelieveable food and service. We each had steak, my mother-in-law's french onion soup was enourmous and so delicious. I never regret going to this spot.Special Features:
- MarkDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic dinner as usual, exceptional server Eros Castillo.Special Features:
- dmthVIPDined on 9/4/2014always good! Consistency! Steaks are always great, appetizers always great. Drinks/wine always great!Special Features:
- Gracious dining/good foodSatisfiedSusie1Dined on 9/2/2014The decor is very pleasing, the service was heat; the waiters were very accommodating and prompt-the food was good What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- WonderfulJIMPALMVIPDined on 8/30/2014A lovely evening in private dining room, excellent food prepared as requested - outstanding service by Melanie. We enjoyed the "The Generous Pour" and hope the wines we enjoyed (Bordeaux Blend, Sauvignon Blanc and the Merlot) get on the wine list.Special Features:
- Awesome!!HappeeDined on 8/29/2014This is our go-to place for special occasions, or when we just want a little pampering. The annual Generous Pour wine event is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous pourMPOLVIPDined on 8/29/2014What a great evening.Sat outside, enjoyed wonderful seafood and steak and great wine fom their generous pour program - definitely the best value in fine dining.Special Features:
- ExcellentRTS2VIPDined on 8/26/2014Stopped in for cocktails and a light dinner. We were seated at a very private table. The service was discreet and unobtrusive. The Bar menu offered tasty and substantial items in smaller portions. Everything was excellent, from the bread to the dessert. We visit often and have yet to be disappointed. Not inexpensive but the value received is comparable. This is not an overpriced steakhouse, this is an excellent restaurant which serves terrific beef dishes.Special Features:
- Great place to start a date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I eat at the Capital Grille in Chevy Chase frequently and am never disappointed. We dined early on a Sat night and it was not that crowded. Our server spent a lot of time w/ us and personalized a couple of selections when my wife and I had trouble deciding between items. Crab salad appetizer was exceptional; cobb salad was also very good. The Filet Oscar was unique in that the "Oscar" was practically a meal, an entire crab cake. Both steaks were perfectly prepared (The Kona crusted sirloin is unique and really very good). If you haven't had the lobster mac and cheese, try it! What set the experience apart and earned the 5 stars was our server. Just exceptional service throughout the evening. A great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOmnivore28VIPDined on 8/17/2014Every aspect of our dining experience at The Capital Grille was excellent. The steaks were cooked perefxtly , the service was impeccible , and the wine pours were quite generous. I have been to many steakhouses in DC, and this one (surprisingly) ranked at or near the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014Capital Grille continues to be really a great place to eat. The beef is excellent, and all the other food really good. The servers are very attentive without being "in your face," and very knowledgeable. A genuinely nice place to dine. And yes, the portions are large, but we've learned to take home some food and the leftovers make a great meal the next day.Special Features:
- Past Perfect!WellTraveledDinerVIPDined on 8/17/2014I took my dear friend and real estate agent to Capitol Grille to celebrate the sale of my condo. From the delightful staff, to the complimentary glass of champagne to toast our celebration, the place was just past perfect ... smiles from everyone, bread arriving quickly and warm, and the food was fabulous. House salad featured heirloom cherry tomatoes, and my filet mignon was probably the best I've had ... all in all, Capitol Grille rates as one of the top five restaurants I'd name in a long life, well-traveled, and eating out as a road warrior for many years. Well done! But not my steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceIloveSteakDined on 8/17/2014As always, the Capital Grille in Chevy Chase never disappoints. The food and service is excellent. It's worth the splurge every once in a while.Special Features:
- All That And Lifesaving Waiters TooMarleyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our restaurant week meal at Capital Grille immensely, notwithstanding the loud child at the next table. But the best part was our attentive waiter Michael Moquin who also saved the life of a choking victim as we paid the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.