The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase
5310 Western Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Neighborhood:
Chevy Chase, DC
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 3017187812x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm (Bar Menu available from 3:00pm - 4:00pm), Saturday noon - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jose Villanueva
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today. Private dining room can hold up to 30 guests.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance & exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks & the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. & as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience & the ideal materials to work with a capital setting, distinctive food & unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase - Best Restaurants in Chevy Chase, DC ›
The Capital Grille - Chevy Chase reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)notable wine list (68)fit for foodies (57)romantic (54)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (40)great for outdoor dining (23)vibrant bar scene (19)great for brunch (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- diningoutloverDined on 10/21/2014We liked the option of the $18 lunch plates though one guest had it. The service was great and food excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodiluv2eatDined on 10/16/2014It was all you could ask for and more. Great service and food I don't think you can beat thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarshDined on 10/11/2014While I felt that the food was very good, I thought the service could be improved. The waiter kept hovering over us and asking if we were ready to order. The servers were off on food delivery, putting the wrong dish in front of each diner (and there were only 4!).I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXcellent Place to Impress VisitorstheaspDined on 10/9/2014We had as guests a couple who are old friends from the Middle East and who are used to top-of-the-line restaurants and hotels. Capital Grille did not disappoint. The service was especially prompt, solicitous and gracious. They know how to take care of guests. The maitre offered us a choice between noisy, moderate and quiet ambiance in selection of tables (we chose quiet). The food was excellent although none of ordered the signature steak dishes. The guests did not drink so my wife and I only had a glass each of good house wines.Special Features:
- Girls Birthday LunchAuntieBeeVIPDined on 10/8/2014For the first time I ate in the bar area. The service was attentive but allowed us great privacy. We had the lunch plate, $18 for a soup and two petite tenderloin sandwiches with truffle fries that were amazing! More than enough food, I took home fries and one of the two sandwiches. The Bloody Mary was perfection! Finally, loved the personalized dessert plate and complimentary mini cheesecake and chocolate cake. It was a fabulous lunch!Special Features:
- Beyond my expectations!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We had celebrated my husband's birthday at the Chevy Chase location and couldn't have been more taken care of.I had increased our reservation number 3 times, I thought for sure I was already on their nerves. We were happily greeted on time and seated(even though our party was not complete). I must say,I figured this place would be pricy, but were talking more than Ruth Chris. Food was DEFINITELY worth it. Everyone enjoyed the food. If you need food for the kids, be sure to ask. They don't have a printed kids menu. When they found out it was my husband's birthday, they brought him a beautiful dessert with Happy Birthday written in chocolate and took a family picture...with their camera! Later, they have us 6 copies of the picture! Top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ruthDined on 9/20/2014This was probably one of the best dinners we ever had. It was our anniversary an they really make us feel special. The food was absolutely 5 star and we would highly recommend The Capital Grille to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over PricedPeanutVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating a special occasion and thought the Capital Grille would be ideal. I had a steak and it turned out to be fatty, and for $44 I do not want fat. My wife had a fish dish and that was just average as well. We have eaten lunch at this restaurant on many occasions and everything was perfect. Good food, large selection, good pricing and as always great service.Special Features:
- Excellent steaks !JIMPALMVIPDined on 9/20/2014Consistently excellent beef / steak entrees and side dishes. Wine selection is very good. Service by Melanie = special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No complaintsFC4DCDined on 9/19/2014The service from Eros is what made the experience. My salmon was dry but everyone in my party really enjoyed their food. Not sure if the food stands out enough to warrant the prices but it was a good experience overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sams1stchoiceDined on 9/16/2014The watermelon, feta salad was excellent. Coffee is always good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-PricedLUV2DINEINCHEVYCHASEDined on 9/15/2014OVER PRICED ... ONLY A FAIR DINING EXPERIENCE FOR THE PRICE.Special Features:
- expensive and food so-sogourmondDined on 9/13/2014It was very expensive and the food was good but not WOW. For the price I wanted WOW. it was $125 per head (4 of us with tip and two bottles of wine) steak $50 sides $11, etc. It was just a little to 1980's and corporate for my taste. The food was good, but for the price I'd go somewhere else more interesting.Special Features:
- Such a special eveningdawnindcDined on 9/13/2014We took my in-laws to Capital Grille for their 45th wedding anniversary. You can always depend on Cap Grille to have unbelieveable food and service. We each had steak, my mother-in-law's french onion soup was enourmous and so delicious. I never regret going to this spot.Special Features:
- MarkDined on 9/13/2014Fantastic dinner as usual, exceptional server Eros Castillo.Special Features:
- dmthVIPDined on 9/4/2014always good! Consistency! Steaks are always great, appetizers always great. Drinks/wine always great!Special Features:
- Gracious dining/good foodSatisfiedSusie1Dined on 9/2/2014The decor is very pleasing, the service was heat; the waiters were very accommodating and prompt-the food was good What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- WonderfulJIMPALMVIPDined on 8/30/2014A lovely evening in private dining room, excellent food prepared as requested - outstanding service by Melanie. We enjoyed the "The Generous Pour" and hope the wines we enjoyed (Bordeaux Blend, Sauvignon Blanc and the Merlot) get on the wine list.Special Features:
- Awesome!!HappeeDined on 8/29/2014This is our go-to place for special occasions, or when we just want a little pampering. The annual Generous Pour wine event is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous pourMPOLVIPDined on 8/29/2014What a great evening.Sat outside, enjoyed wonderful seafood and steak and great wine fom their generous pour program - definitely the best value in fine dining.Special Features:
- ExcellentRTS2Dined on 8/26/2014Stopped in for cocktails and a light dinner. We were seated at a very private table. The service was discreet and unobtrusive. The Bar menu offered tasty and substantial items in smaller portions. Everything was excellent, from the bread to the dessert. We visit often and have yet to be disappointed. Not inexpensive but the value received is comparable. This is not an overpriced steakhouse, this is an excellent restaurant which serves terrific beef dishes.Special Features:
- Great place to start a date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014I eat at the Capital Grille in Chevy Chase frequently and am never disappointed. We dined early on a Sat night and it was not that crowded. Our server spent a lot of time w/ us and personalized a couple of selections when my wife and I had trouble deciding between items. Crab salad appetizer was exceptional; cobb salad was also very good. The Filet Oscar was unique in that the "Oscar" was practically a meal, an entire crab cake. Both steaks were perfectly prepared (The Kona crusted sirloin is unique and really very good). If you haven't had the lobster mac and cheese, try it! What set the experience apart and earned the 5 stars was our server. Just exceptional service throughout the evening. A great date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstandingOmnivore28VIPDined on 8/17/2014Every aspect of our dining experience at The Capital Grille was excellent. The steaks were cooked perefxtly , the service was impeccible , and the wine pours were quite generous. I have been to many steakhouses in DC, and this one (surprisingly) ranked at or near the top.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continues to be excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/17/2014Capital Grille continues to be really a great place to eat. The beef is excellent, and all the other food really good. The servers are very attentive without being "in your face," and very knowledgeable. A genuinely nice place to dine. And yes, the portions are large, but we've learned to take home some food and the leftovers make a great meal the next day.Special Features:
- Past Perfect!WellTraveledDinerDined on 8/17/2014I took my dear friend and real estate agent to Capitol Grille to celebrate the sale of my condo. From the delightful staff, to the complimentary glass of champagne to toast our celebration, the place was just past perfect ... smiles from everyone, bread arriving quickly and warm, and the food was fabulous. House salad featured heirloom cherry tomatoes, and my filet mignon was probably the best I've had ... all in all, Capitol Grille rates as one of the top five restaurants I'd name in a long life, well-traveled, and eating out as a road warrior for many years. Well done! But not my steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceIloveSteakDined on 8/17/2014As always, the Capital Grille in Chevy Chase never disappoints. The food and service is excellent. It's worth the splurge every once in a while.Special Features:
- All That And Lifesaving Waiters TooMarleyVIPDined on 8/16/2014We enjoyed our restaurant week meal at Capital Grille immensely, notwithstanding the loud child at the next table. But the best part was our attentive waiter Michael Moquin who also saved the life of a choking victim as we paid the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with in lawsMentorshipDined on 8/16/2014Service was excellent,particularly since it was Reataurant Week and we ordered from that menu. Waiter was patient with older in-laws who needed some extra help and accommodated us to determine how we could get other items we wanted as part of our meal. Food was excellent! Everyone was very pleased!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a tad disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/16/2014My friend and I were there during restaurant week and we were one of the first customers there at 4pm. Our server made a mistake on my appetizer which he corrected afterwards. He then proceeded to forget to ask me how I wanted my kona steak done. Needless to say, it came out medium rather than medium rare which I prefer. I didn't enjoy my meal very much and it even gave me an upset stomach but I still give the overall rating 3 stars since my friend enjoyed her dinner.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014Excellent service! Food was good. Wine was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant week 2014BrunchDined on 8/16/2014Great food and wine Our party was delayed and the staff was pleasant about our long meal Not so good- downstairs bathroom was unisex and disgusting, not at all what my group was expecting from such an established restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standard well prepared foodA4wingedlionDined on 8/15/2014The food was not spectacular or unique and filled with flavor but was classically done and we'll prepared. Basic flavors...
- AwesomeKelBeanDined on 8/15/2014Awesome! No need to add any more with dining at the Capital Grille. I love this restaurant!Special Features:
- Horrible Servicedcluv2dineVIPDined on 8/15/2014I have been to the Capital Grille on several occasions, but this was the worst dining experience ever. Our server was horrible. She did not ask if we were interested in drinks, it was what do you want as your entrée. I informed her we would like to start off with drinks, but we just ordered our food. We received our first course, the server returned to say your dinner would be out shortly, we received dinner, however, we never saw our server again. We finished our dinner, never came back to ask how our food was. She finally showed up after I had to ask another server for assistance. Our sever excuse was she had another table that had a problem. As a server do not ignore your other customers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All Around Restaurant!foodie56Dined on 8/15/2014The service was spot on. The server was always attentive, he was knowledgeable, and he was friendly. My food was great. Maybe not the absolute best (aka there are meals that I reminisce about). I may not be lovingly remembering my meal for the next 10 years, but it was still excellent food. I got the clam chowder and the lobster roll. The bread for the roll was SO good, and the lobster was fresh and delicious. The most outstanding thing was the dessert-the flourless chocolate torte was AMAZING. That is something that I'll remember for a long time. The cheesecake was also amazing. It had caramelized sugar on top and the filling was whipped goodness. It wasn't dense at all, which I loved. I recommend trying this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb ExperienceLAP82Dined on 8/14/2014We frequent this restaurant quite often. By far, this particular location has provided us with one of our most memorable experiences. The food was delcious but our service was exceptional. Altair was friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and patient. I highly recommend this restaurant. Ask for Altair!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service.CharlieDined on 8/14/2014There for two friends birthdays. Brandon, our waiter. Couldn't have been better. Some mistakes with our orders, but overall food was very good. Steaks very nicely doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Avoid this place at all cost!restaurantrobberDined on 8/14/2014We went during Restaurant Week, and were treated by the waiter as if we were robbing the restaurant. Not only did he mislead us into choosing a cheaper dish, he also tried to charge us an extra 30%. If the restaurant thinks customers who pay a discounted price should be treated like robbers, it really should not participate in thie Restaurant Week promotion.Special Features:
- Akim was fantastic!coachtimDined on 8/13/2014Starving graduate students who took advantage of good week to enjoy some of the best steak and salmon we've had. Our waiter, Akim, was fantastic; the steak was beyond excellent: no bells and whistles, just cooked to an excellent medium and an excellent cut. Dessert was an excellent cheesecake. I will happily go back.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week LunchbocabrokerVIPDined on 8/13/2014Good and as advertised $20.14. I got the Steak Salad and my guest the Chicken Caesar. Steak salad came with 10 oz. sirloin steak sliced on the side. Great lunch, but was disappointed DC location had an 8 oz. Filet on their RW Menu and served me a bowl of clam chowder rather than a cup. Oh well, but this location was convenient today; and tax in DC is 10% WOW. As we lunched late, the allowed us to order the "Generous Pour" which was well worth it. Waiter seemed preoccupied, perhaps as we were one of the last two parties upstairs, we were keeping him? But he didn't rush us. Still a lot of food, so we had them box the small dessert which came with the RW lunch, cheesecake round or espresso/chocolate cake.Special Features: