The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
250 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6179281400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Lounge opens at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hugues Boucher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on Route 9, east of the Atrium Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
202 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (162)notable wine list (100)fit for foodies (85)romantic (77)good for groups (51)neighborhood gem (39)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (30)great for lunch (22)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great DinnerBruceGDined on 9/14/2014We had a large party (15) for a birthday dinner and they handled everything magnificently. A few steaks came out not cooked enough and they were brought back, cooked to perfection and re-served within minutes. We couldn't have asked for better serviceSpecial Features:
- doobsterDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service and food was provided to our expectations. I will be returning frequently. The table we requested due to hearing issues was provided which provided us with the ability to havce a nice conversation during our stay. Love this location!Special Features:
- A favoriteskydivaDined on 9/13/2014Menue not overwhelming (even though oyster choices are 14). Service attentive and knowledgeable , food exquisite ! Ambiance fun and modern. Will be back a.s.a.p.Special Features:
- Just...CapitalOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/12/2014This Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill is a gem. The service is OUTSTANDING and the food is IT. When you think of a steakhouse experience, the Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 'go to'EllenVIPDined on 9/12/2014Cap Grille in Chestnut Hill is our favorite 'go to' restaurant or special celebrations, a quiet dinner, or places to make someone feel they've been treated well. The people are consistently gracious and really make us feel welcome. The food is great always!Special Features:
- Great nightPchefDined on 9/7/2014Big thank you to capital grille. They not only helped make my boyfriends birthday special but also made him being promoted in the army before he deploys overseas that much better! The waitstaff was great and very attentive. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMdoostDined on 9/7/2014We were celebrating my son's 14th birthday and wanted to do something special. The excellent service started with our arrival to the restaurant where we were offered free valet parking. Upon being seated at our table we were greeted by various waiters who came over and wished him a happy birthday. The attention to detail was excellent, as my husband and my napkins were swapped from white to black so that the white lint wouldn't get on our black clothing! Overall great experience, a night to remember, but quite expensive!!Special Features:
- Okay but not up to previous levelMetrowestDined on 9/6/2014Our service was mediocre and food overcooked. The server wasn't feeling well, and it showed. Both fish meals were dry and the steak and lamb chops were also over done. The server never came by to see if meals were properly cooked. We still love The Capital Grille as this is the first time this has ever occurred.Special Features:
- OutstandingromanticeveningDined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I hadn't gone out for a romantic dinner in a while and we saw that Capital Grille was participating in restaurant week so we booked a reservation. The food and service was outstanding, we would go back again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Capital GrilleAndreiaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Was at the Chestnut location to celebrate my dad's birthday. Didn't realize it was restaurant week so it was crowded and busy. Service was good but not at the level we got at the Burlington location. I also prefer the décor and openness of the floor plan at Burlington. Overall it was good because we got the benefit of the prix fixe dinner menu and you can't beat a Capital Grille dinner for $38 per person that includes an appetizer, entrée and dessert. We definitely lucked out, but will be heading back to Burlington or at minimum trying out the Boston location next.Special Features:
- Always Very GoodThanksgiving2013VIPDined on 8/29/2014We went during Dine-Out Boston. The Captial Grille is a great value for us. We get the filet mignon and they were both prepared exactly as we requested (medium for my wife; medium rare for me). The sides of the sizes were what we wanted - and we were pleased to find out we can get that same size during non-Dine-Out Boston times. Our server, Jill, was wonderful - professional, knowledgeable, responsive (removing empty glasses and plates), and friendly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service were wonderfulLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014Jennifer was the best server I've ever had at CG. Food was excellent, and had a great dinner, as usual.Special Features:
- PriceChopperVIPDined on 8/29/2014Cruising down route 9 craving for a Burger par excellence, we saw the Capital Grill sign and pulled right in. We are addicts, 4 combined Business and pleasure lunches in about 10 days at this location ! You can not go wrong here, this is a place that will spoil you. Our server Denise treated us like celebrities, we only wish all of our Open Table restaurants would make us feel this way with unparalleled service!Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014David was awesome as usual. I always request him and he makes it a wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food/Outstanding ServiceMimiof5Dined on 8/28/2014Had a delicious dinner and outstanding service. Great time to go during restaurant week and enjoy the delicious food at the special rate. The servers were very attentive and asked if everything was fine, filled the water glasses, and served with a smile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/28/2014First class restaurant which does not disappoint and always guarantees return visits.Special Features:
- Great dinner!gudeatersDined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful dinner celebration for pre-college drop off! Denise was our waitress and took excellent care of us!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We always celebrate special occasions at Capital Grille. The steaks are perfect and the fish is prepared so well. This visit was for restaurant week and we were not disappointed. Everyone took as much care with the customers during this time as usual! We were warmly greeted by the hostess and when our requested waiter, Joe, saw us, he came over immediately. While dining the manager, William, came to the table to make sure everything was fine. The meal was delicious and the service excellent. We love going to a restaurant that adds a personal touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FatCatFatCatDined on 8/27/2014We arrived early for our reservation, but were graciously seated within a short period of time. Hostess was very friendly and pleasant. Waitress was a bit on the spacey side, but gave good service. Food was absolutely delightful. All four of us were amazed our steaks were cooked exactly to our preferences, which were all different. We had a very nice booth and the ambiance was perfect. The only negative was the martinis were a bit costly for the amount of liquid in the glass. There should have been a little more in the shaker for $13/drink. However, the drinks were well made. Overall, great experience.Special Features:
- Dinner with the ladiesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014We meet every month and since it was restaurant week, we thought we would give the Capital Grill a try. We started with 2 caesar salads, 1 clam chowder and a mixed green salad. Two of us had the filet mignon from the menu, it was cooked to perfection. The other two ladies had the salmon and stated it was wonderful with the citrus glaze. Our sides were Sam's mashed potatoes and green beans with dessert the flour-less chocolate cake and cheese cake ( 2 orders of each). Everything was delicious and our server was wonderful. We will definitely come back.Special Features:
- uninpiredaveragejoeDined on 8/27/2014We tried the restaurant week menu. The salad was plain. The clam chowder was excellent and the salmon was tasty but 1/3 the size of the salmon on the menu. The green beans could have come from a package. The cheeseburger was large but not special in any way. The service was slow.
- judeVIPDined on 8/27/2014lunch was delicious and our wait person Danielle was wonderful
- BostonDined on 8/27/2014Disappointed in menu for restuarant week. Sirloin served with salad not a potato or rice. What a had was good but salad was part of first course also. Dessert was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingJackVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great service (Jacques was very professional and friendly), great food (always consistently perfectly prepared), and a good level of energy at the restaurant. Well done!!
- PriceChopperVIPDined on 8/26/2014Had a great lunch with Denise as our server. You can never go wrong with Restaurant Week, but it turns out, there is a 2 course lunch menu year round that is just as good!
- CG Chestnut Hill - Restaurant WeekCottageDined on 8/25/2014The food was very good (caesar salad, tournedos, creme brule cheesecake, proscecco) but I got a hair in my salad which obviously was disgusting (reason for 2 stars for food). It was taken away very quickly by a random waiter but I don't think he told anyone because I had to ask a busser and my waiter to leave my salad fork, which they wanted to remove for my entree. Once I explained the situation to my waiter, he left my fork alone and did get me another salad which I checked thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UbblesDined on 8/24/2014Always enjoy the Capital Grille, although this time the steaks weren't up to par. They seemed dried out, or over cooked. Everything else was perfect, as usual...just disappointed in our steaks. :(Special Features:
- Restaurant week & The Generous PourMicheleDined on 8/24/2014Excellent Dinner and even better Generous Pour! Love the wines especially the CabSpecial Features:
- Good time as usualLMB25Dined on 8/24/2014We went for Restaurant Week and enjoyed the food as always. We did the Generous Pour as well. The server mixed up our wine choices a few times. This meant we didn't have the wines we wanted at the correct times during the meal. It was a little annoying. Overall though we enjoyed the meal.
- Review of Capital GrilleverinjDined on 8/24/2014We were very disappointed. Although we went on restaurant week, we still expected good service and food. Two of the 3 steaks were overcooked. Our waiter never came over to check how our food was, and failed to deliver the sides that we ordered. I had to ask for them.Special Features:
- Once again, no disappointment!MrDJ87Dined on 8/23/2014We've always had very good to GREAT experiences at this Capital Grille, and this meal was no exception. Matthew has served us at least three times and I always enjoy his service, his presence, and direction. He really makes the meal outstanding! Thank you Matthew, another great meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woops!ZmanVIPDined on 8/23/2014I was amazed that my guests and I were sitting for 10 minutes without anyone approaching the table. The thing that bothered me about it was how many other waiters and staff walked by the table and could see that we had no water and no bread, no nothing. They kept walking by. Finally, a team member brough bread and water. I asked one of the other waiters for our server. When she finally arrived, she was great. But, her team did not support her. They did treat us to desert which was pleasant. For the prices being charged, everyone there should get superb service. Food quality is good, but for the prices, the side portions should be larger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- special eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014We enjoyed dinner with friends. We were welcomed and seated immediately while we waited for another couple to join us. Service was attentive. The food was excellent. One person had allergies and every effort was made - and did - accommodate them in a low key attentive and caring manner. Will return. A very special restaurant.Special Features:
- Disappointed in serviceAnnieVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is the second time we dined here for restaurant week. While the food is excellent, we again feel like we are treated as "second class citizens" when dining on the restaurant week menu, even though we ordered a bottle of wine, other drinks, extra sides, all of which ran up the bill and the tip. We dine a nice restaurants all the time and restaurants and their staff should welcome the business that restaurant week brings. Its obvious that the wait staff pay much more attention to customers dining off the regular menu.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysMarieDined on 8/22/2014Another 5 star dining experience with Denise at the Chestnut Hill Capital Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealcoffeeisoneVIPDined on 8/22/2014I have never been disappointed at The Capital Grille. The food and service are outstanding!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014our waiter Joe gave us great service and the food was great. thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A restaurant week champion bar noneJonesDined on 8/20/2014I cannot normally afford such excellent dining experiences as the Capital Grille. With a friend in town, I decided given our awful schedules, we needed something decadent for dinner. Restaurant week and the Capital Grille are a flawless combination. We each had the dry rubbed bone-in 14 oz sirloin and chowder, and split the sides of mashed potatoes and green beans with shallots and tomatoes. The steaks, very simply, were cooked perfectly with a lovely pink color, excellent moisture and texture, and just wonderful flavor -- and of course cut effortlessly. The chowder and sides were also expertly prepared, and the flourless chocolate expresso cake was the perfect endcap. Can't eat like that all the time, but when you can, you must :)Special Features:
- FranKFranKDined on 8/19/2014We had a Birthday dinner and the food was great and or waitress was very good. They provided a Birthday dessert.Special Features:
- waiter issuepaulVIPDined on 8/19/2014our waiter hovered over us at the end of the meal. I got the sense that he was concerned that we were not going to pay the bill. Or maybe he was concerned about the tip. Shouldn't the bill be packed up after or at the time that we are leaving the restaurant? The experience definitely a turn off. I also felt rushed during the meal and he knocked over the lamp during our meal. Meal was not nearly as good as past visits Overall a C- dining experience.