The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
250 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (617) 928-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Lounge opens at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hugues Boucher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on Route 9, east of the Atrium Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (166)notable wine list (96)fit for foodies (95)romantic (65)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (34)great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Birthday CelebrationLovegreatfoodDined on 8/17/2014I took my brother to Capital Grille for his Birthday. The staff was very accommodating and made the occasion noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014Although I have dined at this Capital Grille on several previous occasions, this last visit was above and beyond the high standards I had already come to expect. Its hard to keep raising the bar, but Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill continues to do it. Food was awesome, the appetizers, salad, steaks, sides and deserts were all amazing. The service, was FIRST CLASS all the way. The waiter(s), There are several, all very attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. Also, we were visited by the Manager several times to check in and make sure we were doing well. Not overbearing at all, and was very nice attention to detail. HIGHLY RECOMMEND for anyone that wants a special night out. Its not cheap, but its totally worth every penny !Special Features:
- six starskenbVIPDined on 8/12/2014if they gave six stars---capital grille would earn them...Special Features:
- Best steak ever.SteakloverDined on 8/7/2014The Delmonico steak is the best steak I have ever had. Nothing tops it! Every time I come it's always perfect! The sides to share we're good as well! Mash potatoes and creamed corn with bacon! Yum! Only thing is that I wouldn't order the mac&Cheese again. I've given it a lot of chances but it's really bland. No taste really. But other than that perfect! The service is always amazing as well!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steak and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/2/2014Reservation honored on tine and with a great table....bar and wine choices for those who know what they want....steak and sides that leave no complaint. We never sigh when the price us high but then the food and service surpass our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Overall ExperienceMelissaBDined on 8/2/2014Celebrated daughter's 15th birthday and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Called her (and her sister) by name the entire evening and finished with a beautiful cake that had "happy birthday" written in chocolate on the plate! Food was excellent, with the waitress taking the time to make sure everything was cooked right and to our satisfaction. The steak in bone, the filet and the calamari were outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- six starskenbVIPDined on 7/31/2014If there was a six star category..capital grille would get it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch visitdedhammbVIPDined on 7/31/2014Tried the summer lunch special for the first time. Excellent quality, quantity and value. Pleasantly surprised to find Sean, one of our favorite servers, working and as always, he took good care of us.Special Features:
- The following 1494 reviews are from the The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill reviews archive.
- Our favorite Steak House in burbscapitalVIPDined on 7/29/2014Now with all the great restaurants in the burbs, we don't go into Boston anymore for dinner Capital Grille is the Best Steak House in the BurbsSpecial Features:
- GRF4 Just GoodGRF4VIPDined on 7/27/2014The dinner started off fine. It went down hill after we started getting our food. There was a mistake made when taking our order and two of the guests were given the wrong meals. By the time the correct food arrived the rest of us had almost finished our meals. Then it turned out the meal was not cooked as ordered, it was under cooked. The server was extremely apologetic and he did comp the meal and provided desert and an after dinner drink for the whole table as well. This was a nice gesture and helped the situation. It was unfortunate the mistake happen, it put a damper on our dual B-day Celebration. I have dined here several time and have had mixed results on more than one occasion. I will probably take some time before we go back.
- consistently goodRj1541VIPDined on 7/26/2014for those who have fond memories of mahogany interiors, oil paintings, dim lighting, shrimp cocktails and prime steak, this is your place. Always good, always fun. Impeccable service.Special Features:
- Always delivers!JoesayssoDined on 7/26/2014Chestnut Hill Capital Grill can be counted on for an excellent meal with enough specials to keep the menu from being predictable.Special Features:
- A culinary experience.louie1776Dined on 7/26/2014We loved it. Everything was perfect. The ambiance was great. The food was delicious. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 7/23/2014The capital Grille in Chestnut Hill has a nice atmosphere. I prefer prime steak over to choice, and they usually offer choice only. For this meal, my girlfriend and I each got the smoked salmon appetizer, and it was delicious! In addition to the salmon, I also ordered the special salad of the day. It was arugula with red and yellow tomatoes, avocado, and feta cheese. It also came with corn but I asked my server not to include the corn. While the salad was tasty, the yellow tomatoes were not juicy. They were very dry. Also, it did not come with enough feta cheese so I had to ask for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Experiance of a LifetimeStevePVIPDined on 7/22/2014Once again from the time that one enters the door, one is delighted to be greeted by the Hostess with the mostest (Barb) and the most outgoing and truly friendly Hostess ( Mariah) .From there is it all the same extremely pleasant professional experience with the # 1 server in New England ( Jill) and her team. To be greeted at the table by BOTH Barb and Jeff who genuinely care about customer satisfactions The food was fantastic and service was great as always The new Girl( Carolyn? ) needs to come out of her shell....Special Features:
- service is everythingOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/18/2014My girlfriend and I had dinner Friday night at the Chestnut Hill location and were expecting to have a great meal. What we weren't expecting, was to have the friendliest and well informed server in the restaurant. Laura made our dining experience a five star one with her personality and attentiveness. Her recommendations on which steaks to try were greatly appreciated. We can't wait to go back with fingers crossed that she would be our server again. Great wine list and perfect crab cakes as well.Special Features:
- Not up to parGingerDined on 7/17/2014I just spent a lot of time typing a long review, tried to submit but OpenTable limits the characters so it got wiped out. Suffice it to say was disappointed throughout the meal. The 601 Martini was gross, nothing like the online picture, had shaved cheese floating in it and loosely stuffed anchovies that fell out. Has asked if the lobster in the Chilled Seafood Platter was out of the shell, was told it was, but then was handed implements to crack, the tiny claws (smallest lobster I have ever had) and knuckles had to be cracked open, not good during a business dinner. Then my entree was Seared Tuna, asked for Medium Rare, but it was Medium to Medium Well, hardly any pink, very dry and tasteless. Won't pick this place again for client dinner.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/15/2014Disappointing lobster roll accompanied w/ homemade chips. Birthday desserts were delicious. Waiter and overall service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely serviceanonymousVIPDined on 7/13/2014The staff were delightful and made my grandson's eighth birthday a special occasion for him. Capital Grille was his pick!Special Features:
- always greatcapitalVIPDined on 7/11/2014one of our favorite Steak houses. Free valet as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect night in Chestnut HillScituatefind1Dined on 7/10/2014We celebrated my husband's 65th birthday on July 10th. Barbara called me early in the day to confirm our reservations, made sure the table we requested was prepared, gave us a warm reception and the table looked lovely!!! The menu was prepared for my husband!!! It was set in a leather jacket and read at the top "Happy 65th Birthday Steve" and "Lucky 41" (that is the number of the table) Our server, Sean was outstanding. His colleague SG remembered us from our last celebration, (same table). Sean has exquisite knowledge of wine, the Capital Grille menu and has a warm and professional personality. Thank you everyone, and especially the chef and the staff behind the scenes that make it all happen!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingdiner2VIPDined on 7/9/2014waiter did not listen to order, but interpreted it himself. As a result, he brought the order out incorrectly two times.Special Features:
- Fantastic servicePreshowDinerDined on 6/30/2014One of the reasons we return to the Capitol Grille time and again is the phenomenal service we receive. The restaurant is primed for celebrations of all sorts (we were celebrating our wedding anniversary), including small decorations on the table, and a complimentary (delicious) dessert and framed photo. On top of all of this is the food itself, which is always of high quality and well-prepared. We look forward to special occasions as much for the link to this restaurant as for the occasions themselves!Special Features:
- StevePVIPDined on 6/30/2014As always the Dining Experience was fantastic especially with Jill and her team in the fabric room. We enjoyed our dining experience and look forward to our next visit. Mariah met us at the door and the entire experience wasSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday Celebration!grybostonVIPDined on 6/28/2014Went to Capital Grille to celebrate a birthday. Sat at the bar so that we could watch the soccer match and had a wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- 100 out of 10 Stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/27/2014Chef Hugues Boucher out did himself! He prepared the BEST Chateaubriand served by Sean the BEST server in Boston! The meal was spectacular-we give it 100 out of 10 stars! Chef set the bar VERY high to order steak anywhere else! A PERFECT evening once again! Looking forward to returning VERY soon!Special Features:
- An eveing to rememnberPatMDined on 6/24/2014From start to finish every aspect of the evening wqas ellegant. Our server was there when we needed her but not overbearingSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014Great nlght great food service was outstanding. Our waiter (spike) was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JAYCDined on 6/21/2014Excellent dining experience. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysAaronDined on 6/19/2014Dining at The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill was as always excellent: food and service are exceptional.Special Features:
- ImpeccableEmmessceeDined on 6/18/2014From bringing me a black napkin so the white one doesn't leave lint on my dark pants, to the valet remembering what car we drove, the service here is as perfect as I've ever had. Everyone is conscientious, friendly, and professional. If you're serious about your steaks, the Delmonico is the way to go and it's divine. Highly recommend the creamed corn, savory and smoky with bacon, and the au gratin potatoes, loaded with cheese and creamy goodness. It's a bit spendy, but completely worth it for quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for celebrationsluv2eatoutDined on 6/15/2014We were celebrating both a 21st birthday for our daughter and Father's Day. The staff decorated the table for both occasions and made both feel special. Our waitress was friendly, answered our questions well; even seeking the answer if she didn't know it. She also took a picture of us with Capital's camera and we left with a few copies for ourselves!Special Features:
- Special OccasionlpagsDined on 6/14/2014We were celebrating graduation and birthdays and they did a fabulous job making it special. thanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZinnDined on 6/9/2014Very good experience as always at Capital Grill,excellent ambiance and food as well as the service.Our waiter Santiago was very pleasant and explained the menu very well,had good suggestions for the wine and was very patient. We highly recommend the Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!PAS2539VIPDined on 6/8/2014We often use the Capital Grille to celebrate important dates in our lives. This time, we celebrated our 45th Anniversary. We arrived, and the table was strewn with rose petals and glittering red hearts. The service was impeccable and the food unrivaled. Our steaks were prepared precisely as we requested, and arrived hot and well-seasoned. The champagne and specialty dessert were unexpected but welcome. Thanks, again, to the staff of the Capital Grille. We WILL be back.Special Features:
- Can't be beat!lovetoeatDined on 6/8/2014Our return to Capital Grille was, as always, wonderful! The service is top notch, the wine list extensive, and the food is perfect every time! It was a special occasion, and they made it more special. We all give it our highest recommendation! We will most definitely return again and again!Special Features:
- Graduation CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/7/2014This restaurant is a favorite for our family for big celebrations, like graduation! And the graduates received a special dessert!
- The Best SteakhouseSonnyVIPDined on 6/6/2014I have dined at Capital Grille many times in many of their locations around the country. It has always been a great dining experience. The food is great. the service is wonderful and the atmosphere is terrific.Special Features:
- Great birthday and foodJasonVIPDined on 5/31/2014Steaks were incredible. Also had the oysters and steak tartar. Waitor was on his game as well. Just wish the ambience was a little nicer inside the dining room. It was a little too bright and tightly packedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was a hit, steak was a missPennygirlDined on 5/31/2014First let me start out by saying the service at this location was outstanding. From the host staff at the front when you arrived, to the bartender, to our server and every one else that tended to us we couldn't have been more pleased. You can have a wonderful meal but if the service is lacking or the attitude is bad it can ruin the perfect meal. So for that, we give Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill A+++++. The meal was a bit of a disappointment for me. My filet was improperly cooked so rather than send it back to be cooked properly which would have taken too much time I ordered a shrimp cocktail to make it quick and easy. Sorry I missed out on the filet. Manager made it right. Took the filet AND the shrimp cocktail off of the bill.I would recommend this to a friend.