The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
250 Boylston Street
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (617) 928-1400
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Lounge opens at 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Hugues Boucher
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on Route 9, east of the Atrium Mall.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill - Best Restaurants in Chestnut Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Chestnut Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
220 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (167)fit for foodies (97)notable wine list (97)romantic (67)good for groups (63)neighborhood gem (58)vibrant bar scene (40)hot spot (35)great for lunch (27)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (8)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- jackmDined on 11/20/2014We still enjoy the $18 lunch specials and hope that they continue. I had the Mini Tenderloin and Gorgonzola Sandwiches with Parmesan Truffle Fries and my wife had the Dry Aged Sirloin Steak Frites with Chimichurri. Both were great!Special Features:
- Good is always fabulousSNOOKIEVIPDined on 11/19/2014The good is always fabulous. This time we were not happy with our waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An old gem gone ...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/15/2014A wonderful experience in its day, this restaurant has fallen hard. Service was pushy and unpleasant. Chairs were wobbly, replaced twice with no change (all had worn marks as well). Food was fine, but soup was cold. Wine by the glass selection was pitiful for the price. Overall, $300.00 for a family of 4 (no bottle of wine and no dessert) was a complete waste of money.
- great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014great restaurant, especially for a special occasion, really treated us well. Only down side is that it's noisy, and they stuff in a lot of tables so it can be crowded.Special Features:
- Good ValueJasonDined on 11/2/2014Enjoyed the steak (porcini rubbed ribeye) as well as the sides (mashed potatoes and green beans). There is no house\ chopped salad. Would love to see a richer salad offered with artichoke hearts\ tomatoes etc. But overall good experience. Expansive though on the high end.Special Features:
- dedhammbVIPDined on 11/2/2014Another great meal and Jennifer at the bar is the best.Special Features:
- Terrific dinner, phenomenal serviceBostonCoupleDined on 11/1/2014I had an amazing experience this past Saturday at Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill. The food was exceptional. I decided to try a special item on the menu, a bone in filet mignon, and it was the best dining decision I have made in a while. The asparagus and creamed spinach were also delicious! Oh and how can I forget the butternut squash soup, which was perfection! The highlight of the night, besides the amazing food, was the tremendous service we received from our server, Moe. He was extremely knowledgable about the menu, and I had complete trust in him. He helped me and my girlfriend pair up two exceptional wines for our steaks, and also entertained us with some side conversations. He left a lasting impression and we will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicebigeadusDined on 10/25/2014Service was Outstanding, especially our waiter. But you could tell that the whole staff worked together very well. The food was excellent as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerwrighpDined on 10/25/2014I was completely satisfied. Excellent service and superb food.Special Features:
- Friendly StaffKennyDined on 10/19/2014I found the waitstaff friendly and very knowledgeable about the menu. I was greeted warmly and was seated in a timely manner. This restaurant you go for the food and not the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the best Capital GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014I am a huge fan of the Capital Grille and typically go to the Burlington MA location. This was the first time I went to the Chestnut Hill location. Although the food was still great and the service very professional, I felt that the overall experience was not nearly as good. Still a good experience, but when you want a special dining night, I would recommend other locations over Chestnut Hill. Tables are very close together, and it was difficult to have a conversation due to the loud women at the neighboring table. Same great food, great wine list and cocktails, but the crowded loud feel took something away from the evening.Special Features:
- Great diningkittenDined on 10/19/2014we came to the capital grill to celebrate a birthday. We found the food excellent! The service was a little lacking. We felt that our table was a little crowded for six which made it a little differcult to pass things and find a place to put our sides on the table. The wait staff was a little slow in removing our empty drink glasses and unused wine glasses. If this was done it would have made a little more space. The special things that did make up for this was, the complimentary desserts that were brought to our table. Also allowing us to bring in our birthday cake. Our experience was truly an excellent one.thank you for making this a memorial evening.Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceSheilaDined on 10/17/2014Our dining experience was outstanding. Our waitress was so attentive we rewarded Her with a 30% tip. The steak tartar was delicious as was the entire meal. The calamari was a tad too spicy for our party of 4. It was noisy, but we could have conversation. We always consider Capital Grille when we want a really good dining experience and for many of our special occasionsSpecial Features:
- special occasion restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/13/2014Once again Capital Grille live up to our expectations for a delicious meal and attentive service. Our request for a quiet table was honored.Special Features:
- Romantic flairGr8foodVIPDined on 10/12/2014It was great going to one of our favorite places. The night started out very rocky when we waited over 5 minutes to be greeted. After we were seated, the table was decorated with heart confetti which was great. Our server was not as attentive as we would have liked. It seemed to take a while for our drinks and appetizers. We had to ask for drinks and water when he should have been more attentive and filled it for us. We felt neglected. But at the end, the manager came over to surprise us with a congratulatory dessert and champagne. She was awesome and made our night. Also, they helped us commemorate the evening by taking our picture. I will return to this location of Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Perfection...RealtorMomVIPDined on 10/10/2014Anniversary dinner with Laura as our Server: EVERYTHING was PERFECTION, from cocktails, to Laura's suggestions for appetizer's, through dinner and Laura's surprise desserts. Although the restaurant was packed, she made us feel like we were her only customers, checking on us at just the right times, spacing the timing of our courses perfectly... She was so funny and patient with us as we made our dinner choices (3 times!)! And dinner, by the way, was superb, steaks were excellent, desserts still some of the best anywhere! I can't wait to go back - no need to wait for an occasion next time!
- great4dinnerDined on 10/9/2014Lovely evening. Much attention was paid to our celebration of our anniversary. Delicious food and truly spectacular evening. When a brief error was made in our order, it was handled efficiently and with graciousness and speed. We surely would celebrate other occasions there in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service!RitaDiDined on 10/9/2014The food is always excellent but you can beat the service. Servers are fabulous and willing to accommodate any tweaks to the food you need. Love this place and wouldn't go to any other steak house. Again the staff and service are remarkable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale dinningPookie2014Dined on 10/4/2014We had a great time at Capital Grille. Food was delicious and derive was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousJojogo1VIPDined on 10/3/2014Not the most innovative food, but always solid and delicious. I had Chilean sea bass that was melt in your mouth delicious. My husband had a filet with Gorgonzola that he loved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spin44Dined on 9/28/2014The food and service were excellent. I have a gluten allergy and the waiter made sure that I was made aware of all of the gluten free options. The gluten free menu was quite varied and I didn't feel deprived. i will definitely eat there again.Special Features:
- spot ongooseganderVIPDined on 9/28/2014Even though this is a chain and we have a Capital Grille in Minneapolis, this location did not disappoint (much) - attentive service, well-cooked steaks (although one steak was only luke warm - appears to have been sitting for a while). Cup of chowder was tasty but not worth the $10 for a small cup. I can get tastier and cheaper chowder at many other places in Boston. Other than that, everything else was wonderful. Very good, but not great - I know CG can do better.Special Features:
- Very CongestedPenendenVIPDined on 9/27/2014There may have been a local college parents weekend as the restaurant was very congested. The food was high quality in terms of ingredients but not much imagination in seasoning and presentation. I specifically asked for my tuna sashimi style but it was still seared.
- The go-to place in Chestnut HillDanielDined on 9/26/2014If you are a steak lover, just book the reservation. Consistently A+.Special Features:
- Flawless!RealtorMomVIPDined on 9/22/2014Six old friends got together for dinner and everything was absolutely perfect. Our server, cocktails, appetizers, and meals were outstanding. We could not find a flaw with the entire evening! Thanks for taking such good care of us, taking our picture, and convincing us that there is always room for dessert, Laura!!
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/20/2014I sent my parents to dine for my mom's 65 and they raved about their experience. When they arrived, the table was covered with birthday confetti and they had a beautiful spread for dessert. My mom sent me a few pictures from their night. Exceptional service and great attention to detail. I can't say enough good things about the Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Fabulous dining experienceHobbyChefDined on 9/19/2014It was our first time at this restaurant, and we were nudged there as a gift card from our children. We had never eaten here; I had presumed it would be a stuffy, intimidating visit. It was quite the opposite. A gentleman opened the door for us and greeted us with a smile. The hostess took us to a lovely table along the wall. We had an amazing waitperson named Jennifer who could not have been more friendly and down to earth. Her service, along with those with whom she worked, was impeccable. The food was phenomenal, from the onion soup to the steaks to the lobster mac and cheese. I would go back in a heartbeat, not only for the food and service, but because we indeed felt very comfortable and welcome. What a great night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing service, atmosphere & foodmarissa02Dined on 9/18/2014My boyfriend and I dined here for my birthday. We were greeted by a friendly hostess who wished me a happy birthday and brought us to our table. Our server was also very friendly, personable and extremely knowledgeable about the wines and dinner menu. We are not usually wine drinkers but decided to order a relatively inexpensive bottle of wine. We expected the server would judge us for ordering a cheap wine at such a nice place, but he didn't at all! He answered all of our questions about the menu and was very attentive. The steaks were superb as well as the sides. I couldn't have asked for better birthday dinner and we will certainly be regulars here now!Special Features:
- Great DinnerBruceGDined on 9/14/2014We had a large party (15) for a birthday dinner and they handled everything magnificently. A few steaks came out not cooked enough and they were brought back, cooked to perfection and re-served within minutes. We couldn't have asked for better serviceSpecial Features:
- Back in the gameCat511VIPDined on 9/13/2014Our last trip to the Capital Grille was on Valentine's Day of this year and it was an abysmal experience, from horrible service to mediocre steaks. We hesitantly tried it again and were thrilled that they were back to being the usual awesome place they always had been in the past for us. Our server (Jack?) was attentive and knowledgable, we never had to go searching for him and yet it never seemed like he hovered. The food itself was phenomenal (cut filet for me and bone in kona crusted steak for the hubby, along with the creamed corn and Sam's garlic mashed potatoes) and the desserts were great, I will always love the flourless chocolate expresso cake. Will finally feel confident returning again thought maybe we will avoid hot nights out.Special Features:
- doobsterDined on 9/13/2014Excellent service and food was provided to our expectations. I will be returning frequently. The table we requested due to hearing issues was provided which provided us with the ability to havce a nice conversation during our stay. Love this location!Special Features:
- A favoriteskydivaDined on 9/13/2014Menue not overwhelming (even though oyster choices are 14). Service attentive and knowledgeable , food exquisite ! Ambiance fun and modern. Will be back a.s.a.p.Special Features:
- Just...CapitalUKTrojan69VIPDined on 9/12/2014This Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill is a gem. The service is OUTSTANDING and the food is IT. When you think of a steakhouse experience, the Capital Grille in Chestnut Hill is it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 'go to'EllenVIPDined on 9/12/2014Cap Grille in Chestnut Hill is our favorite 'go to' restaurant or special celebrations, a quiet dinner, or places to make someone feel they've been treated well. The people are consistently gracious and really make us feel welcome. The food is great always!Special Features:
- Great nightPchefDined on 9/7/2014Big thank you to capital grille. They not only helped make my boyfriends birthday special but also made him being promoted in the army before he deploys overseas that much better! The waitstaff was great and very attentive. We look forward to our next visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceMdoostDined on 9/7/2014We were celebrating my son's 14th birthday and wanted to do something special. The excellent service started with our arrival to the restaurant where we were offered free valet parking. Upon being seated at our table we were greeted by various waiters who came over and wished him a happy birthday. The attention to detail was excellent, as my husband and my napkins were swapped from white to black so that the white lint wouldn't get on our black clothing! Overall great experience, a night to remember, but quite expensive!!Special Features:
- Okay but not up to previous levelMetrowestDined on 9/6/2014Our service was mediocre and food overcooked. The server wasn't feeling well, and it showed. Both fish meals were dry and the steak and lamb chops were also over done. The server never came by to see if meals were properly cooked. We still love The Capital Grille as this is the first time this has ever occurred.Special Features:
- NoiseYummy1Dined on 9/6/2014A bit too noisy. Difficult when trying to have a conversation. Even single orations of sides are much too big.Special Features:
- OutstandingromanticeveningDined on 8/29/2014My boyfriend and I hadn't gone out for a romantic dinner in a while and we saw that Capital Grille was participating in restaurant week so we booked a reservation. The food and service was outstanding, we would go back again anytime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week at Capital GrilleAndreiaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Was at the Chestnut location to celebrate my dad's birthday. Didn't realize it was restaurant week so it was crowded and busy. Service was good but not at the level we got at the Burlington location. I also prefer the décor and openness of the floor plan at Burlington. Overall it was good because we got the benefit of the prix fixe dinner menu and you can't beat a Capital Grille dinner for $38 per person that includes an appetizer, entrée and dessert. We definitely lucked out, but will be heading back to Burlington or at minimum trying out the Boston location next.Special Features: