The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
2000 Route 38,
Cherry Hill Mall
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (856) 665-5252
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joey Medellin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill - Best Restaurants in Cherry Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (137)romantic (89)notable wine list (88)fit for foodies (77)good for groups (48)great for lunch (34)vibrant bar scene (33)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (24)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- A Wonderful BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/24/2014My wife and I usually drive in to Philly for her birthday to try the new flavors and to avoid most of the “chain” restaurants. I had been to The Capital Grille in Philadelphia on multiple occasions, but only to the Cherry Hill location one other time. My wife was unsure about going here, but I promised her that she was in food great steak and even better wine. From her first glass of a 06’ Grenache, to her last bite of Lobster, she was in heaven. Now, I’ll admit, the food was great, but the service was AMAZING. If you go, ask for Bob, he made my wife’s birthday simply amazing! From a glass of champagne, to a small tasting of lobster salad, he consistently went above and beyond. I can safely say this location is leagues above the Philadelphia one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip the CalimariBobGDined on 11/23/2014Steak was very good. Calimari appetizer was not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great servicestitch18jrDined on 11/23/2014Went for my husband's birthday dinner. Great food, great service. Just wish they didn't allow kids. When you are spending that kind of money on dinner, I'd like a nice romantic evening without the kids crying 2 tables over. We left our daughter with her grandparents for a reason.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must for special occassions!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/23/2014A must for special occasions!!! I got engaged there. The staff not only helped out with the surprise. Our waitress took photos with Capitol Grille's own camera AND printed the photos for us before we left! P.S. Food was AWESOME!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeEatingouttonigtDined on 11/22/2014This was our first time dining at Capital Grille and we were not disappointed. The food was delicious and our server was very knowledgeable and was there when you needed her but not obtrusive . Needless to say, it was expensive, but for a special occasion or just a special treat it was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille dinnerMajentaDined on 11/21/2014The food was outstanding! It was our first time- went for a special occasion. It's on the expensive side but you get what you pay for. I had the herb roasted chicken- I literally got an entire chicken- not just a breast. It was basted in a delicious sauce ad served with cooked carrots. My boyfriend had the scallops. He really liked them (I'm not a seafood eater so I can't comment further) we also had the steak tartare, lobster Mac n cheese and Parmesan fries- all delicious. I will definitely go again!!! Our server was Bob- he was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting oldEatoutkingVIPDined on 11/21/2014It is amazing this how busy this place is for dinner. When is everyone realizing that this kind of steak houses are really boring?Special Features:
- Great!ObakstDined on 11/21/2014If you have a special occasion to celebrate, this is the place. Exceptional service, great food and drinks. Celebrated our anniversary dinner here. I left a note on opentable of it being the occasion requesting a semi private table. They honored the request. They had our table setup with rose petals, and a hand written note. They even offered us a complimentary champagne toast. It was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/21/2014As always we had a fantastic dinner at the Cherry Hill Capital Grill. The food and service are always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- spectacularFoodieDined on 11/20/2014One again Capital Grille exceeded their reputation. Food was amazing, the time in which the items came out was perfect. Capital Grille is truly a great establishment for people who enjoy great food and even better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Royal TreatmentFoodieDined on 11/17/2014Everything was amazing but our food took a while to come! I love that they really make a birthday or any celebration special. A message with confetti on the table, a picture of you and your party and even hot towels to wash your hands.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate any occasionGailGDined on 11/15/2014We always love dining at the Capital Grille and especially celebrating a special occasion. If you are looking to make your experience a perfect one, ask for Ty Spann to be your server, he is the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Capital Grille outside C.H.Mall is G R E A TAlexDined on 11/14/2014My Wife and I returned to The Capital Grille, outside the Cherry Hill Mall, for our Anniversary celebration lunch around 1:30 and were warmly greeted by Allison, and perfectly served by Elizabeth. Everything was Excellent. Again, we say, we must go back there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale2dine4Dined on 11/10/2014Great ambiance. Good service without being robotic with "over the top" greetings / responses to requests. Not inexpensive but you get what you pay for and what you expect at a Capital Grill. PS: Nice to see somebody knows how to cook a good steak Pittsburgh style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodgreatplaceDined on 11/9/2014This was my second visit here and last time was absolutely amazing and this second visit was even better!Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014On the spur of the moment and with a desire for a good steak, we decided in Capital Grill. It was great! Steaks were as good as NYC and service, drinks, dessert were outstanding . Although it is pricey it is definitely worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite on our list!CissyDined on 11/1/2014Consistently one of the best restaurants we have here in South Jersey. Beautiful decor, friendly staff, fabulous wine and delicious food. I love that waiters other than our own will stop by the table to warmly greet us. In addition, we always seem to meet the nicest people at the bar. It's always a pleasant experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oh waiter!Jpd2VIPDined on 11/1/2014Service was terrible until we spoke to the managerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant Birthday dinnerRoyVDined on 10/31/2014My wife and I were eager to try this upscale restaurant destination place. All was perfect as arranged by reservation; sequestered booth with romantic rose bouquet at table. Service was excellent; personable, accommodating and very professional. Cocktails, appetizers, dinner and special desert offered by the house were beautifully served and beyond delicious. The bill was quite reasonable when you expect and appreciate the value you are getting. We enjoyed the ambiance; traditional, clubby, and elegant with dress code which one would expect clientele to respect. Our only disappointment was laxity in this, some patrons came dressed for the diner, not dinner. All else truly superb.Special Features:
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/29/2014We brought our kids and they provided a very friendly kids menu that isn't published. We were able to get buttered pasta and chicken fingers with fries while the adults got steak. Great experience for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Capital GrilleLytnupDined on 10/27/2014Food, service and ambiance were all very good to excellent. A bit pricey, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Been here many times!Terrihughes375Dined on 10/25/2014Never have left disappointed. waiters have been fantastic each time and the food is worth ever dollar spent. Great atmosphere, one of my favorite steak places. And the Stoli Doli's are the best! (Don't go for 4 though, 2 or 3 at most!) :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes; it's a chainmarkdimoDined on 10/24/2014but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Excellent quality; service was top notch. Menu items are familiar and welcomed. Specials were nice alternatives. This visit met (quality) and exceeded (service) expectations; so I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, great foodJackDined on 10/24/2014We dine here often and always leave feeling very satisfied. The food is always cooked to perfection, and the staff goes out of their way to ensure that we are having a good dining experience. We will return!Special Features:
- CAPITAL GRILL GREAT!DissapointingDishVIPDined on 10/24/2014THIS PLACE NEVER DISAPPOINTS & I HAVE BEEN TO 3 DIFFERENT ONES Lunch was pretty crowded on Friday, usually is. (good portion of your paycheck should cover the meal) Best rib eye steak sandwich from any place I have been beats Ruth Chris. Companion had cheeseburger w/ garlic mashed potatoes, still raving...2 days later The lobster bisque is the best soup I ever had. Better than Maine, Large chunks of lobster filled the cup Service quite good this rarely happens . had the mint lemonade. Before our glasses were empty, waiter brought 2 more sat them down quietly walked away .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have reservations......JellybDined on 10/20/2014I'm not sure what has happened with this restaurant. There weren't many people dining on the day of our reservation. We arrived early and waited for our table to be fixed. It was a birthday celebration. On previous occasions the table had been decorated with tiny "happy birthday" cutouts. I needed to ask for them this time. Our guests arrived and we ordered, and waited and waited and waited. Service was awful. Our waiter seemed competent. There must have been problems in the kitchen. We are going to give it one more try, another relative's birthday. If the lunch turns out to be a repeat of this last one, we will be moving on to another restaurant. It's too bad. We love the taste of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will not submit a review thank you.likesteakDined on 10/18/2014prefer not to write a review because we did not enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Good but overpricedMikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Way too expensive for a chain steakhouse. I've had much better food for less money. We didn't plan on going here, just dropped in after going to the mall. The food was very good, but far from tops. The drinks were pretty good, but I've had much, much better. And the signature Manhattan, pictured with a house-made brandied cherry on a silver skewer came with a jarred maraschino on a big plastic spike like would be in a burger at Longhorn. I don't think I would return. It's too pricey to just pop in and if I want to go all out I'll go to one of the really good steakhouses in the area. Service tries to be really good, but isn't quite there. Server was friendly but the hostess was rude.Special Features:
- Outstanding nightRayJDined on 10/17/2014We had a terrific dinner and out waiter Joe was terrific. He helped make the evening specialSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I had an awesome burger and a wonderful glass of wine. I get the feeling that everything is good here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!kateandjohnDined on 10/13/2014We've been to other Capital Grilles before, and this one was pretty much the same! Great food, great wine list, great service.Special Features:
- Long wait, over cooked steakskiswife79Dined on 10/11/2014Waited 30 minutes for apps, 45 minutes between apps and entrees. Porterhouse was beyond well done as was my Chilean sea bass. Beets side completely disappointing. Our entrees were comped but still extremely disappointing. Steak should be perfect, every time. Right?
- JkOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014The service was superb and the food was great. The location is great and the parking is free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday LunchconnielouVIPDined on 10/7/2014My Mother took me out for Birthday Lunch. We had an outstanding culinary treat as well as memorable waiter experience. You have to try CG's version of squash soup, wow. Loved the mushroom risotto with scallops. Jason, our waiter, was the most personable waiter as well as an intuitive person. Talking to Jason made my 94 year old mother feel special . At the end of the meal, Jason surprised us with an outstanding birthday dessert presentation, decorated with Happy Birthday stenciled on the plate with chocolate and a candle. I believe CG makes it a prime goal to find wait staff that are adept with superior people skills, and that did enhance the total experienceSpecial Features:
- A steak to remember!1whoknowsDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I were immediately greeted by a smiling hostess and promptly seated. We were 15 minutes late, and no mention of our tardiness was made. The waiters were properly attired with tan jackets and dark pants. Our server, Christopher P. was swift to introduce himself, and was very knowledgeable with regard to the menu. My husband tried the 15 yr aged steak, which was incredible! I had the scallops in wild mushroom risotto, paired with the seasonal butternut squash soup. I love risotto and not every restaurant touting this on their menu has perfected it. They have! We shared the creme brûlée, which was also delightful! The thinly crusted candy coating was perfect! Cost for the perfect evening with 20% tip. $223. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmmyILovePizzaDined on 10/3/2014Went here for fiancés birthday. Had reservation and were seated immediately. Nice, dark ambiance...not too loud either. We had the calamari to start; a little spicy but very good. Next up was French onion for him and Caesar salad for me. Typical Cesar salad...French onion came out piping hot and it was huge. Fiancé said it was very good. Main course was porterhouse steak for him and filet Oscar for me. Porterhouse was huge and was cooked perfectly. I had a bite and it was very tasty. My filet Oscar was phenomenal!!! The filet itself was cooked to a perfect medium and was delicious. I couldn't get over the lump crab meat piled on top; a HUGE portion. The crab was sweet and balanced amazingly with the filet. I would come back here in a sec!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestBMW946VIPDined on 10/3/2014I have dined at the capital Grille in Cherry Hill many times , Diane the manager is outstanding, personable, and runs a great establishment. Jason is server extraordinaire,and provides impeccable service. I have frequented The Capital Grille for several years, either to enjoy wine at the bar or when I am trying to make a very good impression upon someone , the food the ambience,the service and the atmosphere ,is second to none. Dianne and company provides a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014I arrived at the restaurant to provide the waitstaff with my credit card prior to my client's arrival. I instructed them to use my credit card for the entire bill and not to accept payments from my client. It turns out, the waitress did not listen to me and allowed my client to pay part of the bill. I found this to be embarrassing and unacceptable.
- One of few great chainsDeeTeeVIPDined on 9/29/2014Been here countless times in various citites and never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- AnnkDined on 9/27/2014This is a great choice for special occassions. They have a nice wine list and great service.Special Features: