The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
2000 Route 38,
Cherry Hill Mall
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8566655252x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joey Medellin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill - Best Restaurants in Cherry Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (135)notable wine list (87)romantic (77)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (38)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (25)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (14)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Always greathappyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Sat at the bar and had dinner and the generous pour. Had a wonderful tuna dinner and my wife had the halibut. Delicious! Thanks to nicole and leighanne behind the bars for their attentive service. We always look forward to going back!!!Special Features:
- Great First VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2014This was our first time at the Capital Grille. Our party of 4 had a wonderful experience and will return for other celebrations. The Filet was perfection, the Oscar Potatoes were divine as was the creamed corn with bacon. The highlight of dessert was the flour-less chocolate cake -deep rich chocolate! Joe, our waiter, really knew the menu and made great suggestions.Special Features:
- DeliciousVinoDined on 8/23/2014We arrived rather early for a dinner but that's when we enjoy eating. We were lead to a quiet room as there was a rather large party just finishing up and they were quite loud. Service was very good as expected. The server was knowledgeable about the cocktails, wine and dinner offerings. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- NickVIPDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I had great results with her doctors visit yesterday and we decided to celebrate with a good steak. The meal was simply superb. A nice bottle of LaCrema Pino Noir topped it off. Our waitor Joe Cotellessa was first class, very informative and attentive to all details. He sells the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 8/20/2014My friend and I went for lunch and had the lobster roll (it was just ok) and the lobster/crab cake which was also just ok. I've had the lobster/crab before and it was delicious. Something was missing. We ordered grilled asparagus and were told that they were grilled in olive oil. I guess our waitress forgot to tell us that they put hot pepper on them....no apologies....nothing. I've had better meals at Capital Grill than this one. Very slow service since the restaurant was not busy. Sorry Capital Grill.Special Features:
- So you want memorable, eh?GuilliarmoDined on 8/19/2014Exquisitely personalized service! Ours was an intimate retirement celebration with another couple. Jessica was our superb server & added to the celebratory flavor of the occasion with courtesy flutes of champagne to begin dinner! She helped make it truly memorable. After dinner, she also presented a scrumptious small dessert plate gratis to heighten our experience even more. Her kind guidance, knowledge, & warmth left us all feeling that we had experienced an incomparably satisfying moment in our shared lives while enjoying our 1st visit. No, "exquisite" is NOT too grand an adjective to describe that moment. From this point forward, we are going to be regularly returning. Everyone should feel so pampered & valued. Ask for Jessica!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingZackNJDined on 8/16/2014I was very pleased by the service of captial grille. Our party 10 were well accommodated with great service from our server Ty. Individuals like him make the entire experience pleasurable.Special Features:
- Service - JessicaDCVisitorDined on 8/16/2014We had Jessica Bellwoar and she was outstanding. Two of us there for a birthday dinner - we were there for 3+ hrs and never felt rushed. Jessica went out of her way to ensure we had a great dinner - be sure to ask for herSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We were celebrating an 80th birthday and everything was perfect. The space is impressive but that alone will never carry the day. Ultimately, it is the food and the service that make a meal special and both were excellent. Even the most discerning of our party were very well pleased and the celebration a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODIEfoodieDined on 8/16/2014our waiter was fantastic!!! the food is delicious!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014As expected - outstanding throughout...a fantastic meal and price for Restaurant WeekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at the capitalcjrdineVIPDined on 8/15/2014salmon was excellent on the outside a little underdone on the inside. the filet very good. the espresso flourless chocolate cake was something only a person who really loves the taste of real chocolate would love. nothing funny or sinister about this desert no jimmies no white chocolate shavings. I felt like I was in a box of cocoa. and I mean that in the best way possible.I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual....JellybDined on 8/15/2014lunch was delicious. Went because they were offering a special for Mall Restaurant Week, so the value for food received was better than usual. There was a food specific menu AND we were allowed to substitute a few things from the regular menu without added cost. Three of us had a cup of clam chowder, lobster roll with vinegar and sea salt potato chips and the lovely flourless espresso chocolate cake with 2 raspberries gracing the sides of the cake. The lone hold-out had a steak sandwich and green beans. It is very filling and she took half of it home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealLegaleaterVIPDined on 8/14/2014Not only was the food great, the wine list is top notch and our server, James Johnson was THE BEST I have experienced in years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakPtdinerVIPDined on 8/14/2014Our server Larry is best in business. Informative, entertaining and most of all great service. Highly recommend it to fulfill your desire for a good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I had enjoyed anniversary dinner. The server, Ty, was top notch. The food was excellent as always.I would recommend this to a friend.
- carltDined on 8/14/2014Food was very good. The waitress was a little too attentive, continually coming over to ask how we were doing. We had a piece of fish and steak left to take home. The busboy put them on top of each other in same box. Could not eat the left overs.Special Features:
- never disappointedhappyVIPDined on 8/14/2014had the restaurant week meal at the bar. aged bone in sirloin was outstanding! service staff at the bar always add another wrinkle of fun. thanks leighanne and Maria!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServiceDeniseVIPDined on 8/13/2014My boyfriend and I went for restaurant week and to celebrate his birthday. It was his first time there, and my second. FIrst time I wasn't that impressed, thought it was fair and overpriced, but this time, food and service was excellent. Brynn was our server and made us feel very comfortable, she catered to our every need and more. She started with giving us a nice champagne toast for my boyfriend's birthday! A nice surprise and start. My boyfriend had the filet and I had the salmon, both came with green beans and garlic mashed potatoes (unlimited). It was all delicious. Great value for restaurant week and we'll definitely be back!!! Thanks Brynn!Special Features:
- Delicious and ConsistentLaylaDined on 8/13/2014I met a colleague for an early dinner. we were seated in the bar area, which became very loud and noisy. However, it didn't take away from the wonderful, attentive service and delicious food. Our server was knowledgeable, attentive and personable. We both had the Capitol Grille chopped salad, with additions. I had the grilled sirloin steak, medium rare(Perfect), and my friend had salmon,which was also perfect. Both of us had a glass of wine for dinner, which again the server recommended and we were very pleased. This place is a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceLoungediningVIPDined on 8/12/2014The moment we sat down at our table the professionalism of the staff was evident. The food was great! I would highly reccomend. It was rather loud though, but the time before was not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They always provide the best!DreWifeDined on 8/11/2014Never a complaint when I dine here. 5 star service every time. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good steakhouse chainMicahBVIPDined on 8/11/2014I've been to many Capital Grilles and never had a bad meal. Among the high end chain restaurants, it is among the most consistent. This is the first time dining at the Cherry Hill location (usually go to Center City Philadelphia). Top notch service from the complimentary valet in front to the hostess desk and the servers. You forget the Mall is right across the way, as the ambience inside is the same in most locations. Our parties had a steak frites and a grilled chicken salad--so offerings for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobDrbobDined on 8/10/2014Fantastic tender filet, great bread assortment, great locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeAesomeDined on 8/9/2014People are friendly, food is great. Nice place to sit and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Steakhouse Dinner As UsualBarryDined on 8/9/2014A consistently great steakhouse. We've been to 4 different Capital Grille locations, and each time the food has been superb. Overall, it's our favorite steakhouse -- and we've been to all the majors. Our server, Jason, made the evening even more memorable by accommodating a couple of oddball wine & food requests, and he suggested serving methods we hadn't thought about. The portion sizes were huge, but we got a 2nd dinner out of our leftovers. My wife said her fillet was the best she's ever eaten. My sirloin (aka New York strip) was cooked slightly more than the medium rare I ordered, but still excellent. Our first courses were too filling to finish, a happy dilemma. Since it was her birthday, a chocolate dessert was on the house.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerJimmyDined on 8/5/2014I wanted steak for my birthday and my wife's friend suggested the grille. I was not disappointed! Food was great, the waitress (Stephanie?) gave outstanding service, and the birthday desert was a nice final touch. Great recommendation in the wine too! A wonderful night to increase my age.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentSGrayNJDined on 8/2/2014Since there is no lunch served on weekends - dinners at Capital Grille are reserved for special occasions. We celebrated our son's birthday - made a note on Open Table reservations - and we had a reserved table with birthday decorations - a welcome/celebration hand note and some birthday glitter on the table. We have a server we prefer - Bobby - he is the best - but he was busy so we had Joe - and he was great as well. We are never disappointed with the food or service at this location. Only issue I had was with the table location - we had the table up front - right in front of the kitchen - and it was extremely noisy and bustling. Some may like that - but I would have preferred a quieter location. But overall - always top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Anniversary to RememberCapitalizedwithBoldPrintDined on 7/31/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed a beautifully orchestrated anniversary dinner. From the sumptuous surroundings to the numerous thoughtful touches, the staff created a particularly memorable evening. Our waitress, Sarah, and busboy, Oscar, were extraordinarily personable who professionally attended to all of our needs throughout each phase of our meal. In regard to alcoholic drinks, we were perfectly content with the complimentary champagne toast. From the delectable bread along with the Caesar salad and lobster bisque we were now prepared for our fabulous lobster and salmon entrees accompanied by spinach and potatoes with crabmeat. The lovely dessert plate and our picture being taken topped off a wonderful experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentLoungediningVIPDined on 7/24/2014The service was great. The food quality was extremely high and the prices are justified. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bit Like a Cruise ShipbooksandmastiffsDined on 7/23/2014For people who favor small and local or at the very least, independently owned, this is a bit like being on a cruise ship. It is a scripted, formulaic experience, but with really good food.Special Features:
- NickVIPDined on 7/21/2014Superb steaks, excellent service + reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DimnerLuv2EatVIPDined on 7/20/2014The staff was exceptional. I took my wife here for our 2nd wedding anniversary and the went out of their way to make it a very special occasion. The food was outstanding and the waiter was phenomenal. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Of The ClassSteadyeddieVIPDined on 7/19/2014To rob yourself of the opportunity to enjoy fine dining, attentive service and superlative cuisine would be nothing short of ... well, Capital Punishment. We particularly enjoy the Capital Grille in Cherry Hill because parking -- complimentary valet or free self-parking -- is never a hassle. Thinking where to spend a "special" evening? Or want to make any evening "special?" Spend it at Capital Grille - Cherry Hill, and treat yourself to excellent food, outstanding service and a classy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodPrincessJediDined on 7/18/2014Best filet ever.Rachel was an amazing server. Her recommendations were spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST STEAKHOUSE in PHILA. AREAsphillysamVIPDined on 7/18/2014Our party of 4 raved about the quality of the steaks and seafood. The taste was exceptional and everything cooked to perfection. Our server Marcel explained the specials clearly and answered all questions. The wait staff was attentive and and provided outstanding service. We were seated promptly even though we were 15 minutes early for our reservation.Special Features:
- PREIT Restaurant WeekjerseyjudyDined on 7/18/2014Great find for restaurant week - my s/o had celebrated my b/d the week prior, and as we were leaving they told us about the $35 special. So I quickly gathered up 7 girlfriends and had girls night out last Friday for an amazing price. For $35, had choice of appy (2 salads or cup clam chowder); choice of entree (2 steaks, 1 fish, 1 chicken and 1 or 2 more) and dessert (ice cream, flourless chocolate cake or cheesecake.) Salads were average, cheesecake w/ berries was tiny 2" round w/ 5 blueberries, but steak was teriffic. Company was fabulous - only real complaint is that table was right in front of the kitchen, and it was very noisy. Our server, whose name escapes me, was great - funny, personable, and attentive given how mobbed it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/17/2014Thank you. It was a wonderful night. Dinner excellent. Jason our waiter was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/16/2014Always a great meal at Capital Grille. Best filet mignon at any restaurant I've been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependableScarlettVIPDined on 7/15/2014My party had the kona crusted sirloin and the filet mignon. The meat was done to perfection. We ordered the lobster mac an cheese which was a big hit. It was even Restaurant Week which was really great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.