The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
2000 Route 38,
Cherry Hill Mall
Cherry Hill, NJ 08002Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 8566655252x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joey Medellin
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill - Best Restaurants in Cherry Hill ›
The Capital Grille - Cherry Hill reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (123)notable wine list (85)romantic (77)fit for foodies (69)good for groups (43)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (27)neighborhood gem (19)hot spot (17)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (6)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- will not submit a review thank you.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014prefer not to write a review because we did not enjoy the experience.Special Features:
- Great food. Great atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014I had an awesome burger and a wonderful glass of wine. I get the feeling that everything is good here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014We've been to other Capital Grilles before, and this one was pretty much the same! Great food, great wine list, great service.Special Features:
- Long wait, over cooked steakskiswife79Dined on 10/11/2014Waited 30 minutes for apps, 45 minutes between apps and entrees. Porterhouse was beyond well done as was my Chilean sea bass. Beets side completely disappointing. Our entrees were comped but still extremely disappointing. Steak should be perfect, every time. Right?
- JkOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/10/2014The service was superb and the food was great. The location is great and the parking is free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Birthday LunchconnielouVIPDined on 10/7/2014My Mother took me out for Birthday Lunch. We had an outstanding culinary treat as well as memorable waiter experience. You have to try CG's version of squash soup, wow. Loved the mushroom risotto with scallops. Jason, our waiter, was the most personable waiter as well as an intuitive person. Talking to Jason made my 94 year old mother feel special . At the end of the meal, Jason surprised us with an outstanding birthday dessert presentation, decorated with Happy Birthday stenciled on the plate with chocolate and a candle. I believe CG makes it a prime goal to find wait staff that are adept with superior people skills, and that did enhance the total experienceSpecial Features:
- A steak to remember!1whoknowsDined on 10/6/2014My husband and I were immediately greeted by a smiling hostess and promptly seated. We were 15 minutes late, and no mention of our tardiness was made. The waiters were properly attired with tan jackets and dark pants. Our server, Christopher P. was swift to introduce himself, and was very knowledgeable with regard to the menu. My husband tried the 15 yr aged steak, which was incredible! I had the scallops in wild mushroom risotto, paired with the seasonal butternut squash soup. I love risotto and not every restaurant touting this on their menu has perfected it. They have! We shared the creme brûlée, which was also delightful! The thinly crusted candy coating was perfect! Cost for the perfect evening with 20% tip. $223. We'll be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmmyILovePizzaDined on 10/3/2014Went here for fiancés birthday. Had reservation and were seated immediately. Nice, dark ambiance...not too loud either. We had the calamari to start; a little spicy but very good. Next up was French onion for him and Caesar salad for me. Typical Cesar salad...French onion came out piping hot and it was huge. Fiancé said it was very good. Main course was porterhouse steak for him and filet Oscar for me. Porterhouse was huge and was cooked perfectly. I had a bite and it was very tasty. My filet Oscar was phenomenal!!! The filet itself was cooked to a perfect medium and was delicious. I couldn't get over the lump crab meat piled on top; a HUGE portion. The crab was sweet and balanced amazingly with the filet. I would come back here in a sec!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestBMW946VIPDined on 10/3/2014I have dined at the capital Grille in Cherry Hill many times , Diane the manager is outstanding, personable, and runs a great establishment. Jason is server extraordinaire,and provides impeccable service. I have frequented The Capital Grille for several years, either to enjoy wine at the bar or when I am trying to make a very good impression upon someone , the food the ambience,the service and the atmosphere ,is second to none. Dianne and company provides a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/29/2014I arrived at the restaurant to provide the waitstaff with my credit card prior to my client's arrival. I instructed them to use my credit card for the entire bill and not to accept payments from my client. It turns out, the waitress did not listen to me and allowed my client to pay part of the bill. I found this to be embarrassing and unacceptable.
- One of few great chainsDeeTeeVIPDined on 9/29/2014Been here countless times in various citites and never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- AnnkDined on 9/27/2014This is a great choice for special occassions. They have a nice wine list and great service.Special Features:
- Outstanding restaurantJoeEvy09252010Dined on 9/25/2014Table was ready when we arrived, the waiter was very professional, courteous and new the menu very well.he also knew a couple of great selections that were not on the menu. His wine selection for our dinner was on point. Food was delicious. Wish I had two stomachs to eat moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/25/2014Another memorable lunch Excellent food Great attentive staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!LegaleaterVIPDined on 9/23/2014Everything was perfect from start to finish! From the presentation of the table to the delicious food and most importantly, the amazing service! Great job!Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMikeVeeDined on 9/22/2014I made reservations at the restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday, but neglected to request a cake or a special dessert for the occasion. I called the day of the dinner to see what could be done on such short notice and was told not to worry, everything would be taken care of. When we arrived at our table there was birthday confetti sprinkled on the table which was very festive. And after the meal, we were presented with a delicious service of cheese cake and chocolate mousse with a candle in it. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful dinner. The food and the service were outstanding.Special Features:
- AnniversaryTommDined on 9/21/2014Had our 24th wedding Anniversary there. Everythibg was outstanding. will be going again. the atmoshere was great, food outstanding. Service exceptional. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing service as usualFoodieDebVIPDined on 9/19/2014Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. Food was very good.Special Features:
- GlamVPDined on 9/17/2014Excellent atmosphere. Had an important business lunch and staff was very accomodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerotdinerDined on 9/14/2014We had our 24th anniversary dinner, great food, service and ambiance. Highly recommend for special occasions. They even took a photo, good thing because I didn't think to ask.Special Features:
- Not the usual culinary experienceFlowersDined on 9/13/2014My delmonico was not prepared properly. My husband's filet was not a center cut. Although the steaks were a disappointment, service was excellent. The manager promptly exchanged our meat...mine a third time.Special Features:
- NickVIPDined on 9/11/2014Another superb meal at Capital Grill. You simply can't beat their steaks and of course my personal favorite...garlic mash potatoes! Service is outstanding with attention to all details.Special Features:
- DANTEDined on 9/10/2014WE HAVE DINED AYT THE CAPITPL GRILL 3 TIMES MOSTLY SPECIAL OCCASIONS OR ENTERTAINING EVERY ASPECT WAS SUPERB FROM FOOD SERVICE AND EXCELLENT DRINKS ALL QUESTIONS ABOUT THE MENU WERE EXPLAINED THOURLY.... AS MACARTUR ONCE SAID I SHALL RETURNSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Barely WarmOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014We're been to this restaurant many times and always had an excellent meal. However, this visit was so disappointing. When the food arrived, it was barely warm. We ordered an add on lobster tail and it was not loosened from the shell. We had to box with it and it still won't come out of the shell. Our server brought another tail, it was out of the shell but it was totally immersed in a watery/buttery mix and really not appetizing. After speaking to the manager on duty, we were surprised that he did not charge us for the 2 entrees we ordered and we only paid for the sides and drinks. Until that occurred, we were not coming back but because he went above and beyond to accommodate us, we will return and give it one more try.Special Features:
- what happened?not2goodVIPDined on 9/6/2014my shrimp cocktail had shrimp that were far from clean. Black vein running through 3 out of 5 shrimp. Room had air conditioner problems, it was so hot in the dining room I lost my appetite.
- Food good - service not so goodSue56Dined on 9/1/2014We went to The Capital Grille on Labor Day evening, figuring it might not be too busy. We had not eaten there for almost two years because we had a poor service experience eating in the bar area of this restuarant. This time, the restaurant was moderately busy. We ordered two glasses of wine and our server also took our food order (because we had to wait so long to get our wine ordered). As happened last time, we received our wine, appetizer and salad all at the same time! I find this really annoying - I like to enjoy my first glass of wine, THEN get my appetizer, THEN get my salad. This really can't be so difficult for a high-end chain like The Capital Grille. Won't be back for a long time.Special Features:
- anniversary dinnerjagrncDined on 9/1/2014We received a gift card from our daughter and son in law for the Capital Grille. We decided to use it for our anniversary. What a great choice. We were taken to a great out of the way table. On the table was a beautiful rose and thoughtful hand written note. Our waiter, Jessica, could not have made our time there anymore special. She treated us like she knew us and made our night so enjoyable! The food was fabulous, her suggestions were perfect! She even treated us with a glass of champagne. The wine we chose was very good! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greathappyVIPDined on 8/27/2014Sat at the bar and had dinner and the generous pour. Had a wonderful tuna dinner and my wife had the halibut. Delicious! Thanks to nicole and leighanne behind the bars for their attentive service. We always look forward to going back!!!Special Features:
- Great First VisitLuv2DineDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time at the Capital Grille. Our party of 4 had a wonderful experience and will return for other celebrations. The Filet was perfection, the Oscar Potatoes were divine as was the creamed corn with bacon. The highlight of dessert was the flour-less chocolate cake -deep rich chocolate! Joe, our waiter, really knew the menu and made great suggestions.Special Features:
- DeliciousVinoDined on 8/23/2014We arrived rather early for a dinner but that's when we enjoy eating. We were lead to a quiet room as there was a rather large party just finishing up and they were quite loud. Service was very good as expected. The server was knowledgeable about the cocktails, wine and dinner offerings. A thoroughly enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- NickVIPDined on 8/21/2014My wife and I had great results with her doctors visit yesterday and we decided to celebrate with a good steak. The meal was simply superb. A nice bottle of LaCrema Pino Noir topped it off. Our waitor Joe Cotellessa was first class, very informative and attentive to all details. He sells the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lobster101VIPDined on 8/20/2014My friend and I went for lunch and had the lobster roll (it was just ok) and the lobster/crab cake which was also just ok. I've had the lobster/crab before and it was delicious. Something was missing. We ordered grilled asparagus and were told that they were grilled in olive oil. I guess our waitress forgot to tell us that they put hot pepper on them....no apologies....nothing. I've had better meals at Capital Grill than this one. Very slow service since the restaurant was not busy. Sorry Capital Grill.Special Features:
- So you want memorable, eh?GuilliarmoDined on 8/19/2014Exquisitely personalized service! Ours was an intimate retirement celebration with another couple. Jessica was our superb server & added to the celebratory flavor of the occasion with courtesy flutes of champagne to begin dinner! She helped make it truly memorable. After dinner, she also presented a scrumptious small dessert plate gratis to heighten our experience even more. Her kind guidance, knowledge, & warmth left us all feeling that we had experienced an incomparably satisfying moment in our shared lives while enjoying our 1st visit. No, "exquisite" is NOT too grand an adjective to describe that moment. From this point forward, we are going to be regularly returning. Everyone should feel so pampered & valued. Ask for Jessica!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingZackNJDined on 8/16/2014I was very pleased by the service of captial grille. Our party 10 were well accommodated with great service from our server Ty. Individuals like him make the entire experience pleasurable.Special Features:
- First class and enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014We took our nephews who were both heading off to college .It was a wonderful meal enjoyed by everyone. Great food, great service, great wines. We are never dissappointed whether for business or pleasure.The generous pour event made it extra special.Special Features:
- Service - JessicaDCVisitorDined on 8/16/2014We had Jessica Bellwoar and she was outstanding. Two of us there for a birthday dinner - we were there for 3+ hrs and never felt rushed. Jessica went out of her way to ensure we had a great dinner - be sure to ask for herSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was perfect.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014We were celebrating an 80th birthday and everything was perfect. The space is impressive but that alone will never carry the day. Ultimately, it is the food and the service that make a meal special and both were excellent. Even the most discerning of our party were very well pleased and the celebration a memorable one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOODIEfoodieDined on 8/16/2014our waiter was fantastic!!! the food is delicious!!!!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014As expected - outstanding throughout...a fantastic meal and price for Restaurant WeekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time at the capitalcjrdineVIPDined on 8/15/2014salmon was excellent on the outside a little underdone on the inside. the filet very good. the espresso flourless chocolate cake was something only a person who really loves the taste of real chocolate would love. nothing funny or sinister about this desert no jimmies no white chocolate shavings. I felt like I was in a box of cocoa. and I mean that in the best way possible.I would recommend this to a friend.