The Capital Grille - Charlotte
201 North Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Charlotte
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7043481400x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Daniel Frier
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Charlotte
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Located in the heart of the Uptown Financial District just blocks from the Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte Convention Center, and Time Warner Cable Arena.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Charlotte - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
The Capital Grille - Charlotte reviews from OpenTable diners
246 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (210)notable wine list (137)romantic (137)fit for foodies (82)good for groups (66)vibrant bar scene (52)great for lunch (42)hot spot (37)neighborhood gem (25)great for outdoor dining (23)late-night find (15)great for brunch (12)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- Service = A+OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The crab cakes are phenomenal! Capital Grille's cheesecake is the best I've ever had...it's so good. The wait staff is fantastic as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodSelPDined on 10/18/2014Went out for a fancy bachelorette dinner and the food was amazing. Service was a little slow but it was well worth the wait for the quality of food you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciousBoonelocalDined on 10/15/2014This place was a bit pricey but the service was excellent and the steaks were impeccably tender and cooked to perfection. I would definitely recommend this place for a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Impeccable service. Great food. Really made our anniversary a special nite!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++ all aroundPamelaDined on 10/12/2014We love the Capital Grille for special occasions. The dinner was superb! I had fillet which was perfectly cooked. We a shared side dishes of asparagus and mashed potatoes...so good! Be sure to try their Chocolate Hazelnut cake which is to die for, and so huge it can be shared by many!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/12/2014Love the bar area - a friendly, energetic vibe. The dining room is quiet and lovely but the Strip Steak and even the entree salad fell flat. Steaks just weren't as juicy and flavorful as expected. Service and welcoming staff couldn't have been nicer, but we were disappointed with the food.
- Always awesome!GigiVIPDined on 10/11/2014You can count on Capital Grille to deliver on all counts: food, service and atmosphere. My only observation is that the Caesar salad did not seem up to par....and I am a fanatic about Caesar salads....we had dinner at the location in Philadelphia recently and it was perfect, but this was not the best. Please give me nice dark green romaine, not the bottom of the leaves!! Otherwise, overall a great dining experience and we will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food and serviceKenkaylamomDined on 10/11/2014We were hesitant to dine at a chain but because the reviews were so good, we decided to go with a tried and true. Good decision on out part. My husband and I both had the Petit Filet Mignon Trio special. 3 small steak all prepared with a different sauce, melt in your mouth flavor! The lobster mac n cheese is a must with it's huge chunks of fresh lobster and the scalloped potatoes were cheesy and creamy. The service is impeccable and felt very personal. If you want excellent food and service away from the trendy crowd, eat here. You can always head to the Charlotte bar scene after dinner.Special Features:
- A great way to celebratefinedineVIPDined on 10/11/2014Capitol Grill is always a great dining experience for us. They food is terrific and the service was top notch. We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary there and they really did a nice job with making it be a special occasion. Our servers were the best.Special Features:
- Always a great meal and atmosphereCLTFoodieVIPDined on 10/10/2014We ate at the bar which we usually prefer. The bartenders are very welcoming and provide great service. Excellent steaks and lobster bisque. Good wines by the glass. The atmosphere is excellent - solid, classy bar; ample seating around the bar area.Special Features:
- Open Table AppBirthdaygirlDined on 10/10/2014Open Table App easy and convenient. Able to make reservation quickly and to make restaurant aware of special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2littleDined on 10/7/2014Our server was OK at the start but services were changed mid-meal and the new server was not very attentive. I ordered the Chilean Sea Bass and got a "Medallion" of fish, two, maybe three bites. For this I paid $42. Our total bill exceeded $500 for six people.. For this we should have had a fabulous memory. Instead, it will be a disappointing memory.
- Great Lobster Bisque AWESOMECelebrateVIPDined on 10/3/2014The Capital Grille has the BEST Lobster bisque. Huge chucks of lobster! My must have every visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014My husband wanted to take me somewhere special for our anniversary but we didn't mention it when we made our reservations. When our waiter saw us exchanging cards he asked if it was a special occasion and we told him it was out anniversary. He congratulated us and when we declined desert-we were both full from the wonderful meal we'd had-he boxed us up a piece of exquisite chocolate cake for later. It was as good as the main meal. Capital Grille is always wonderful. As we were leaving the hostess and manager on duty also wished us a happy anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/23/2014Always a 5 star experience. The food wine service and ambience are always top notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- oldman68Dined on 9/23/2014One of the top spots in Charlotte. Old time elegance and charm, great service and food.Special Features:
- Wonderful Eveningjc2sheDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed a wonderful evening at the Capital Grille and Charlotte Symphony. Excellent food and service by most professional staff in Charlotte. Thank you very much !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/18/2014The steak was exceptional. The wait staff was very attentive. They helped create a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Town!Fish4LifeDined on 9/17/2014From the friendly reservation associates to the waiter and assistant waiter, the service was impeccable. Warm welcome and appropriate attention, not to much, not to little, just right. Food was over the top delicious across all items. Definitely recommend to all!Special Features:
- Wife's BirthdayShabazzDined on 9/17/2014This was the second visit to Capital Grille for my wife and I. It was my wife's birthday and I wanted the evening to be rememberable. Everyone was very cognizant of the fact that it was her birthday and everyone we came in contact with gave happy birthday wishes. Sherry provided excellent service throughout the evening as did the maître d. Food was fantastic!!! Needless to say the evening was FANTASTIC! We will definitely dine here again and again. Thank you Capital Grille for an evening to remember!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BartenderOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/16/2014A good solid steakhouse experience. Paul the bartender does a great job handling the busy bar while being personable. Once seated and served, the server tried to remove food from the table before my guest had finished his meal. He reached for the plate, then he asked if the guest is finished eating. He actually had his hand on the plate the first time. Also, required a call back to confirm OT reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Consistant!!BobHoffmanVIPDined on 9/15/2014My partner and I went to Capital Grille for our 15 year anniversary and as always we were blown away by the service, staff and the food. We can always count on a fantastic experience every time we go. Thank you for everything and for making our anniversary so special.Special Features:
- Superb in every way!!!henyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We ate there for lunch today to celebrate our 16th wedding anniversary. It far exceeded our expectations in every way. The food was delicious, the ambiance was stately and warm, but most remarkable was the service. We have not experienced anything on it's level here in Charlotte, and we've lived here for over 14 yrs. From the moment we walked in, we were treated like royalty. Everyone was so polite and attentive. I cannot say enough positive things about our dining experience here. We will definitely come back and highly recommend it!!Special Features:
- Great Steak Salads!tweety08VIPDined on 9/11/2014We had 3 adults and 3 children and a booth with 2 chairs was perfect. Antonio and his staff did a superb job in making us feel at ease and catered to our every need - such as extra cheese for the pasta. The southwest steak salad was delicious and had just enough zing! The steak greek salad was also wonderful as was the lobster salad. The kids enjoyed the chicken fingers and pasta and all enjoyed the creme brulee and the coconut cream pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK experiencelakerman49Dined on 9/10/2014Waitstaff very attentive and helpful. Waiter had good suggestions and recognized that we were celebrating a birthday. main courses -- filet mignon and salmon were cooked to perfection and of fine quality. Appertizers were good but average. Overall, however, overpriced compared to other steakhouses, such as Epic Chophouse. Had I not had a $50 gift certificate probably woulnt not go there.Special Features:
- LorenzoBigticketDined on 9/7/2014The food and service was great .......Nice wine list ..Special Features:
- Can't Go Wrong!absolutetpVIPDined on 9/1/2014My wife and I went here for our anniversary dinner. It was a very good dinner. We decided to try their seafood and it was great. I got the halibut special over lobster risotto and my wife got the salmon. We did have the steak tartare for an appetizer which was fantastic. Definitely a great dining experience. Can't go wrong with this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True surpriseMgvetteDined on 8/30/2014When dining uptown we had considered The Capital Grille on several occasions and ended up opting for other restaurants. This time we decided to try it and werer delighted to find it was definitely not over rated. We mentioned we were celebrating a special occasion and when we were seated found red hearts on the tablecloth and were immediately brought complimentary glasses of champagne. We chose the generous pour wine tasting and very pleased with the wine selections and the pours! Our waited Peter Karas was extremely attentive and his service was top notch. The food was outstanding and worth every penny. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great steak...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/30/2014This was only my second visit, so take that for what's it's worth. The steak, as last time was very good. However, as in my first visit, their appetizers and salads were good, not memorable…hence the 3 star on the food. Service was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better in Baltimore?sevcoopVIPDined on 8/30/2014Our previous experience with Capital Grille occurred in Baltimore, and we were wowed by the service and solicitous treatment. But contrary to our experience there (and several reviews here) we were not asked if our visit was for a special occasion. It was. We were not offered complimentary dessert or champagne (which we had been given in Baltimore on an anniversary). The steaks were fantastic, but the crabmeat on my filet oscar was not fresh and had a distinct aftertaste; I did not finish it. All others (5) enjoyed their meals. However, for the price and reputation, I expected more. Still enjoy the Capital Grille - just not on this visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As expected--deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/29/2014Very consistent, no matter the location. Definitely out favorite of all the steakhouse chains.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellent!Aloha2uDined on 8/29/2014The Capital Grill routinely blows me away with sumptuous food, excellent service, and a menu that will work for all types of diet restrictions and preferences. Add in a great wine list and The Best dirty martinis with blue cheese stuffed olives - simply sublime.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJerryDined on 8/27/2014Mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary, and we were treated to a nice dessert surprise.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC SERVICEThauserVIPDined on 8/24/2014SOME OF THE BEST SERVICE WE COULD EVER ASK FOR! GREAT EXPERIENCE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreedyDined on 8/24/2014I love The Caoital Grille Charlotte, they made my birthday special.Special Features:
- A Wonderful ExperienceCatherineVIPDined on 8/23/2014Made reservations via OpenTable for Capital Grille after receiving a generous gift certificate for the restaurant. We arrived and opted to wait until our reservation time (we were 10 mins early) for a quieter choice of seating. Once sat, our waitstaff was completely on point. Jim introduced himself to us first, but it was Rebecca who was our go-to person for anything we needed. This was our first time doing the "Generous Pour" event and Rebecca helped us quickly find out favorites. The food was marvelous, best I've had at any high end restaurant in Charlotte. They truly were generous with the pours as well! Rebecca's service was stand-out, and deserves special recognition. She has the ultimate "tableside" manner. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TandJ2dineDined on 8/23/2014The food was wonderful and the service excellent. A perfect spot to celebrate an anniversary.Special Features:
- Anniversary MealOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/20/2014What a great meal we had. After mentioning to our waiter that the evening was our 31st anniversary, he escorted us to a special table, gave us a special appetizer, champagne for both of us, and finished the meal with a lovely dessert, all at no charge. the meal and service were outstanding and reminded me why we love to go to Capitol Grille for our anniversary.Special Features:
- Back for another Generous PourFoodiesMom1Dined on 8/19/2014My sister was in town for a night and we went for the Generous Pour. It was the first time for her and she enjoyed it. She had the lamb chops and I had the Chef's special which was the salmon. The seasoning was wonderful. You can tell by the number of reviews that I write on Capitol Grille that this is one of my favorite places.Special Features:
- Good timeslafletchDined on 8/19/2014Always enjoy stopping into Capital Grille for a nice dinner. The staff is always helpful and friendlySpecial Features: