The Capital Grille - Burlington
10 Wayside Road
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Burlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7815054130x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Monteiro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Burlington
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
The Capital Grille - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (191)notable wine list (114)romantic (88)fit for foodies (72)good for groups (65)great for lunch (42)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (22)hot spot (19)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The Capital Grille is a destination for special occasions and as usual we found excellent service, excellent food and wine (not to mention the Stoli Doli) and the overall experience was just top notch. No surprises; each time we dine at the Capital Grille, it's been fantastic for steak and seafood.Special Features:
- FOOD WAS IMPECCABLEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014OUR WAITER WAS ROBERTO LOPES, HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE OF THE MENU AND WHAT TO ORDER. HE ASKED US IF IT WAS A SPECIAL OCCASION AND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND HE SURPRISED ME WITH A VERY NICE DESSERT AND PICTURE. HE WAS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Tony has to be the most charismatic and wonderful server in the Boston area. Always delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always delicious!!crazyacctntDined on 8/26/2014I love this place because i have never gotten bad food. It is always exceptional and cooked exactly as ordered, which is as it should be but is not always the case at other places. I always wait for Dine in or a very special occasion as it is a bit pricey but definately worth the splurge every now and then.Special Features:
- Excellent food but loud and slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014The area we were seated in was EXTREMELY loud with several large party tables and our table for 2 was swallowed up in the noise. I could barely hear myself think let alone talk with my dinner date. The food was absolutely amazing, however the timing of our service was not up to par. We waited 30+ minutes from the time we finished our appetizer until we received our entrees. Also had to wait too long to receive the check after finishing dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful TreatchefgirlDined on 8/25/2014for my birthday celebration. Everything was perfect, went for Restaurant Week and the Generous Pour and the wine was outstanding and food excellent.Special Features:
- vivsneeDined on 8/25/2014Service and food was excellent . We would go back in a minute Great choice for lunch or a special evening out.Special Features:
- Capital ExperienceIpswichClamDined on 8/25/20141st time dining at the Capital Grille in Burlington. Took advantage of the Restaurant Week specials, although their regular lunch specials were a good value, too. Our waiter, Herold, was extremely professional and attentive , but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Amazing experience all around: from the service (thanks Roberto!) to the food, everything was delightful. I would definitely recommend The Capital Grille to anyone wanting a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleDinerDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Capital GrilleSpecial Features:
- Anniversary at Capital GrilleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014We had dinner for the fifth year in a row to celebrate our anniversary at the Capital Grille. The food was amazing as always. Unfortunately the service, while far from mediocre, was not the exceptional service we have come to find at this restaurant. Usually the service is extraordinarily attentive and personalized. However, this evening it was less so. Long waits between courses left us wondering what was going on. The waiter cleared the entree plates, never asked us if we wanted coffee, and then disappeared for 15 minutes. It turned out that he was waiting for the dessert to be set up on a special plating for our anniversary but again we had no idea why we did not see him for the 15 minutes.Special Features:
- Never Dissapointed.NormDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I have dined here many times and the food and service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!RebeccaWBrodieDined on 8/23/2014We usually go to Grill 23 in Boston -- I never expected such a great place in the suburbs. I think I found our new "place". Try their steak and lobster --- YUM YUMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMarkiyanDined on 8/23/2014Went here for out anniversary and it was excellent. Did the $25 wine tasting and stuck with seafood for the dinners. They treated us to champaign to start and dessert for the special occasion which was a great touch. Out server Katrina was an absolute rock star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsanDined on 8/22/2014Amazing service and attention to detail! Love the CG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!MoverbobDined on 8/22/2014I cannot remember the last time I went to a restaurant in literally had nothing but outstanding things to say about it. Service, even the breadbasket! Appetizers, entrées and desserts were all phenomenal and we had a great waiter as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicerabankerDined on 8/22/2014The food and service at Capital Grille was excellent. The steaks were cooked perfectly and our wait staff was attentive but not intrusive. Our favorite place to eat.Special Features:
- micheleDined on 8/21/2014as always it was a pleasant experience dining at the capital grille. we are very fortunate to have found our forever waiter, antonio.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!RobinDined on 8/21/2014We went to the Capital Grille during restaurant week and it was outstanding. We were celebrating the end of summer and sending our oldest off to college. Just a delightful evening with amazing food and service!Special Features:
- First time customerCassDined on 8/21/2014The service and food were outstanding. The staff couldn't do enough for you. I would highly recommend it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LegerardDined on 8/21/2014Restaurant week is a great time for Seniors to dine at the Capital Grille....this is our 5th year.....the food is fantastic, the service excellent, and the atmosphere is great.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!pattiecakeDined on 8/20/2014unbelievable food great that it was part of Restaurant week!!!!Special Features:
- A big disappointment!Daboo14Dined on 8/20/2014I come to this Capital Grille location often and every year for a group Birthday dinner during Restaurant Week. I made a 7PM reservation and yet waited 45 minutes for our table! Clearly the restaurant was overbooked. In addition our waiter was stingy with "The Generous Pour" wine service. He 1/4 filled our glasses so we had to awkwardly ask for multiple refills. The worst part of the dinner was my steak (which is normally the highlight). I asked for Medium & my friend requested rare. We both got rare steaks! I had to send mine back and when it returned, it was well done and clearly microwaved. Totally inedible! The meal was credited but the manager didn't stop by the table to ask what went wrong.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Fruit fly in wine, steak was over cooked and the service was extremely lacking. I took my family to celebrate a birthday. The noise level was ridiculous. Couldn't hear the person next to me without shouting. I realize it was restaurant week but for such a high end place my expectations were higher.
- It was Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014So that being said, we waited 20 minutes for our reservation, the longest I've waited at this location for a table, my steak was overcooked, it just wasn't the experience I've come to expect at Capital Grille. Disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014we had a wonderful experience. Our waiter Sergio was fantastic and they promptly seated us. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food,Parking impossibleJacquelineDined on 8/20/2014Reservations for 12:45 and arrived in the parking lot by 12:35. We circled the parking lot for twenty minutes. There was nothing. However, there were about 25 spots with white cones in them....reserved for valet....This Capital forces their guests to valet whether they want to or not, there's no alternative option. We actually drove up the path and parked in the Seasons 32 parking lot and walked. Had I not made reservations we were ready to just walk into Seasons32 instead. They need to do something about parking and not pressure guests to pay an additional 25$ to park on top of an already very expensive lunch. We were frustrated with the beginning experience but as always, the service and food glossed it over and kept us happy!Special Features:
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/20/2014You can always tell if a restaurant is special by how you are treated during Restaurant Week. I went here with a friend, and the food was terrific and the service exceptional. Our steaks were cooked to perfection and the accommodated a special request I made regarding my dessert. I also love that they serve iced tea with simple syrup, which will actually dissolve in the cold tea. Highly recommend for lunch, dinner or the bar.Special Features:
- Nice steakhousetbonephileDined on 8/19/2014Nice steakhouse atmosphere, you know what to expect, prices, service and quality in line with other high end chains. Good location off 95 if you live away from the city and easy to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningnealDined on 8/19/2014went for our wedding anniversary dinner. Greeted by welcoming staff. Seated within 10 minutes of reservation time. Very noisy . Great menu & wine list. Very attentive service. Food was delicious & perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Out valueLookingForFoodotDined on 8/19/2014Capital Grille lived up to it's reputation and truly supplied a chance to try their excellent fare at an affordable cost. This was the original aim of Restaurant Week, which had been somewhat lost in recent years as in addition to the loss of participation, most restaurants that were participating used a menu that had nothing to do with the restaurant's strength and was basically designed to convince you to order off their standard menu (or punish you for not having done so). In contrast we found that not only was the food top notch last night, but the Capital Grille's service was welcoming and treated us like VIPs, in contrast to the dismissive attitude we had experienced elsewhere in prior years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Generous PourJHEHDined on 8/19/2014So much lag time all night. We should have just purchased a bottle of wine. Asked for extra taste of cab to finish with our kona sirloin but she got busy. Gave us a "splash" when we were done eating. Also, not allowed to have Riesling with dessert. We have been here often & I was so disappointed with the service. As soon as anniversary party of 8 showed up we were IGnORed. We couldn't even flag down our waitress. We wanted coffee after dinner but she said "I assume you are all through" and gave us our bill. We typically have pre-cocktails, appetizers, a bottle of wine,dinner, desserts, and coffee but instead we were RUSHED out the door! On a Tuesday! Not the typical service...awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful lunchfoodie2Dined on 8/19/2014Lunch for a very special occasion with my girls was excellent. Delicious first course. Big hamburger with yummy truffle fries, well Cooked steak. The chocolate espresso cake was divine. Just be careful that you don't fill up on bread and first courses. Leave room for dessert!Special Features:
- todayDined on 8/18/2014The food is always well prepared. The restaurant is great, however, very noisy, but we keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceDebbieP1Dined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Capital Grille. We went for my daughter's birthday, and she had a nice time. The food was good, and the service was excellent. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningPeggyandJoeDined on 8/17/2014The food was excellent as always - steaks cooked to perfection. Our waiter was wonderful and knowledgable about wine - and we are VERY knowledgable about wine so it was refreshing to have a waiter who actually knew what he was talking about. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- My Steak!April01803Dined on 8/17/2014First time I have not given Capital Grille ***** - 5 stars. I know it's restaurant week, but overcooked filet - such a waste! Server got the manager, manager took it back to kitchen, and new filet arrived shortly. Then our bill was incorrect, and the waitress tried to convince me it wasn't her fault. I didn't really care whose fault it was, just fix it. If there is a problem at the table, typically a server will say Oh, I'm sorry, let me fix that. Nobody said that. She was gruff to say the least. Still my favorite restaurant though. ManagI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outSteakhouseRegularDined on 8/17/2014As usual the Capital Grille did not dissapoint, can't wait to go back!
- Dine Out Boston Must!HungryDined on 8/17/2014Capital Grille - Burlington is a must during Dine Out Boston (restaurant week) The food, service & atmosphere make for an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcellencerowleygirlDined on 8/17/2014Alway excellent food and service at The Capital Grille. You can't go wrong for a special occasion or take advantage of this restaurant during Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.