The Capital Grille - Burlington
10 Wayside Road
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Burlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (781) 505-4130
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Monteiro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Burlington
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
The Capital Grille - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
269 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (212)notable wine list (137)fit for foodies (107)romantic (105)good for groups (80)vibrant bar scene (45)great for lunch (43)neighborhood gem (37)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (9)great for brunch (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Special Meal Venue Sure to Please!debatecoachDined on 11/23/2014We had been to Capital Grille before at another location, but this visit was in every way outstanding. Our party of three began with Lobster and Crab Cakes (we added one to the plate to make 3 delicious cakes). Two of us chose the Porcini Delmonico steaks for dinner and one chose the Bone-in Kona Sirloin. The meat was perfect (medium rare). As sides we had asparagus and au gratin potatoes. Everything was perfect. Desserts were berries with fresh cream, crème brulée, and flour less espresso cake. Our server was Abderrahim H., very helpful and engaging. We enjoyed a two-hour leisurely meal. We chose to drink a Jordan Cabernet 2010 that happened to be on special for the evening, and it was perfect for the menu. The meal was indeed expensive but worth every penny. I am so happy that we chose Capital Grille for our special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 11/18/2014Service and food are just what you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber. My single complaint was that my party was a very "healthy" party meaning they did not order appetizers or soups and salads. They were also not big drinkers of wine; meaning they ordered typical things such vodka and soda. The server was okay but when the party did not order wine and then did not order the full range of appetizers our server was scarce during our dining experience. We had trouble getting a second round of drinks.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightOpentableUserVIPDined on 11/15/2014They made my boyfriend's birthday a very special night for both of us. Service was excellent as well as the food. Capital Grille Burlington never disappoints - as it is a favorite for my family members!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and service.GinoDined on 11/15/2014My wife and I were very pleased with both the service and food quality on our visit. Service was timely and not rushed despite the fact the place was very busy for a Saturday night. The food was served hot and cooked to perfection. I would return to this location in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Leftover mixuppwassonDined on 11/12/2014The most unfortunate thing that happened when we left the restaurant was that we received the next door tables leftovers. I was so excited to eat my leftovers the next day for lunch and when I opened them, it wasn't mine. It was two leftover desserts. I had a nice piece of steak, salad and lobster macaroni and cheese. I was very disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently On the TopJEM02882VIPDined on 11/11/2014The Capital Grille is consistently on the top of their game. From excellent food to great service there did it right.Special Features:
- Great way to celebrate a special occasion!DebbieAndTerriDined on 11/11/2014We celebrated our first year anniversary at Capital Grille and enjoyed the entire experience! Had the filet mignon, asparagus, and whipped potatoes with a nice bottle of wine. Our server Maggie was very attentive and friendly. The managers stopped by to welcome us as well. The complimentary champagne and desserts were a complete surprise and just made the whole experience unforgettable! I usually order medium well for red meat but tried the medium plus and the filet mignon came out perfectly- cooked throughout and still very juicy! The warm welcome, the special touches- all made for a wonderful, memorable dining experience! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- special occasionghoffVIPDined on 11/11/2014we went for a birthday and were so pleased with the experience from the confetti on the table to the card, the printout of the picture taken and the free dessert - would definitely recommend for any special occasion and of course as expected the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- BlancheDined on 11/9/2014The atmosphere is very masculine, and that's ok. The service attention is remarkable, with a few little touches that made us feel welcomed and special (the little appetizer taste that we did not order but were gifted, the extra lamb chop on my order) the food is outstanding, and we even ordered a glass of house Cabernet that was very acceptable. We will most definitely return. Helps that we had a $50.00 gift certificate (which essentially covered the tip)Special Features:
- Suprisingly a bad experienceTBKPDined on 11/8/2014Food was great, atmosphere was great....service seriously lacking. I'm not sure what happen, but waiter was nice but lacked serious professionalism in doing his job. Behaved as though he was too proud to do the job he signed up for. He left too many finished things on the table, glasses, bottles, wrapper from straw, straw that wasn't used..etcSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite for a special nightAnnDBSVIPDined on 11/7/2014We went to The Captial Grille a few weeks before our twins were born as a last hurrah and it was so amazing we vowed to return when we could. Now with 4 month old twins sleeping soundly we made it back and it was magical. Antonio took terrific care of us and the food was amazing. I really didn't even know swordfish could be that good and the steak just melted in my mouth. Can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Great as usualNYCWeekenderDined on 11/7/2014Once again it was just a typical meal at the Capital Grille - typical meaning everything is very good from start to finish. Always a great go to when looking for a great steak.Special Features:
- Special Dining RestaurantMariaVIPDined on 11/6/2014Food was elegantly presented and prepared. Service was outstanding. Pricey, not an everyday destination.Special Features:
- Consistently outstandinggabeDined on 11/6/2014We often do business lunches here. Can't say enough of the quality and attention to detail that prevails here.Special Features:
- Delighted2014Dined on 11/5/2014Outstanding experience in every way. Anniversary Celebration enhanced by special touches. Service attentive but not intrusive. We look forward to another visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always 5 starGreek1VIPDined on 11/4/2014What else can I say. Its always a great experience and can say that I have never had a bad experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, but very high pricejoel67VIPDined on 11/3/2014The service and food were very good. The price, however, detracted from the overall experience. I fear that, at least for dinner, this is a place for people on expense accounts or the 1 percent rather the rest of us.Special Features:
- Excellence ContinuesCindyTakDined on 11/2/2014Capital Grille in Burlington continues the tradition of excellent service & food! The pace of the meal, updated Ipad for cocktails and wine selections, provide just another level of convenience and comfort in selections to accompany a great evening out. Have visited 5/6 times over the last year and each time it out shines our previous visit.Special Features:
- Overpriced and formulaicShcaDined on 11/2/2014We had a $50 off coupon and felt even then that we paid $50 too much. $8 for a tiny cup of mediocre clam chowder. $48 for a filet with cheese. Please. Our waitress forgot to tell us the specials. They aren't knowledgable enough to recommend wine pairings...they give you a little iPad to do the work yourself. Not going again.
- Worth heading to The Capital!GreatplacetocelebrateDined on 11/1/2014Celebrated my husbands birthday and it was a wonderful spot for that. The food was delicious. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and my husband, the Filet Mignon. Also extremely well received! Portions were generous. Our waitress was very responsive. They treated us to a delicious desert which we hardly had room for. Lovely ambience. The only possible glitch was we arrived at 8:00 pm for an 8:45 reservation on a Sat. Night with the hopes of stopping in the bar for a drink first. It was very busy. No seats at first. But only had to wait maybe 10 mins for a great seat in the bar area. A lovely celebratory evening for a special occasion, due to price.Special Features:
- Wow!burlingtonlass1Dined on 10/31/2014This was the first time I dined in a "quiet room" and a the difference was fantastic! Pls put me down as wanting that option whenever I reserve at Cap Grille. It was one of the best dining experiences I've had in a long time. Leslie Bacci is special - hold on to her! She was just the perfect balance of attentive without intrusion..with your service and the quality of your food you will be able to endure all the incoming competition in Burlington.Special Features:
- TrishtrishDined on 10/28/2014I was very happy with open table. No problems obtaining a reservation. However, at Capital Grille they now use iPads to choose wine and dessert. Did NOT like that at all. We had four people in our group and if there was a bigger group, how many people had to surf that iPad to see what the wine/dessert menu was. Not a good idea. Object is to leave the computers off or home to enjoy the company of your dining companions. Probably ok for business meetings but not for us. TrishSpecial Features:
- Memorable ExperienceLikeToEatDined on 10/26/2014Personalized service is why I would always come back to Capital Grille. We had difficulty in selecting our sides and decided to go with Green Beans. The server surprised us (my wife and myself...dinner without our kids) by bringing small order of Green Beans and Asparagus (our other choice). The asparagus was a bit overcooked, but that did not detract from the personal service we received. Another example was the server noticed that whatever my wife and I ordered, we would share our food with each other, so when the entrees came, the entree had equal amount and identical presentation of both of our orders on each plate. Strawberry Capital Grille dessert was great. And of course, the food was delicious and well seasoned. Great dinnerSpecial Features:
- AmazingPickyEaaterDined on 10/25/2014Went here for a birthday and it was absolutely lovely - recommend informing them that you a celebratingSpecial Features:
- Long wait, good foodsmgbostonmaVIPDined on 10/25/2014We had to wait 30 minutes past our reservation time, which was not the best way to start our evening however the food was great.Special Features:
- Food should be betterJolidaDined on 10/25/2014A very busy restaurant like any other Capital Grille. Good to excellent service. Our waiter was very attentive. But... Poor food for Capital Grille. We've been to 4-5 other locations. 1. Onion soups were unacceptably salty. Literally no different from soy sauce. 2. Seafood appetizers were good but could be freshier and better. 3. Too much dressing on our salad. Again, too salty and sweet. 4. Steaks... Tenderloin was very good. Sirloin was absolutely too dry and hard, far from good. Kona crusted sirloin was ok but a bit in chewy side. Guess the problem is their sirloin beef, not cooking. 5. Very good wine selection. I loved their interactive, tablet wine list. 6. Good desserts.Special Features:
- parking issuectbfDined on 10/22/2014Food and service were fine, but on a very stormy evening, all the parking spaces were reserved for valet. Yes, I know it is complimentary (although one should tip), but a lot of people do not like to leave their car with a valet. The spaces are not that far from the door, do I don't see why valet is needed. I think lunch is a better experience/value, and no valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- romoDined on 10/20/2014as usual a great restaurant. from beginning to end treated beautifully. while it happened to be a special occasion which they took great pains to acknowledge this is their standard on any visit. Couldn't ask for a better evening. by the way, superb waiter, herald Topi. will be returning in a few weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingataboyDined on 10/18/2014The food, service and atmosphere were superb! Everyone made us feel welcome and special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kid friendly findSueWDined on 10/18/2014My husband finally convinced me to bring my son with us to The Capital Grille. I was worried about finding something on the menu that my son would like and even searched the Internet for a kids menu, but didn't have any luck. However, to my surprise, they had a special kids menu when we got there. In addition to steak they also had grilled cheese, mac and cheese and cheeseburgers on their kids menu. My son loved it and so did we!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great for special events, couldn't think of a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try Kona SteakJohnTDined on 10/14/2014Great dinner with customers, service was excellent. Service was very responsive without being overly intrusive, waiters were very knowledgeable and made great suggestions. The Kona steak was the highlight of the evening, its a must try. Apps, salads, soups and steaks were all excellent and prepared as requested.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014excellent as always. food delicious and done perfectly.Special Features:
- Love the Capital GrilleBusinessTravellerDined on 10/10/2014We go to the Capital Grille for special occasions, and it is always great! It is always worth the money, and we have never been dissatisfied or disappointed. My wife loves the filet mignon, so flavorful, melt in your mouth tender, and never the least bit bitter or gamy. My favorite is the sirloin, so delicious and tender. One of the best sirloins you can buy. The service is consistently great and you are always made to feel special. We have been to other high end steak houses in New York city, Boston, and Tampa, and Capital Grille is as good if not better than all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/10/2014Our overall experience was wonderful. Sergio, our server was very attentive. He couldn't do enough for us. The food as always was excellent. There were 6 of us in the party. Everyone was very happy with the meal and service.Special Features:
- Great Time with friendsLastoneDined on 10/8/2014I went with a couple of friends and one of us had a Birthday. The service was outstanding( the server Sarbina was the best) and the food and drinks ALL were done with perfection. We will be back - soon - Couln't have asked for a better timeSpecial Features:
- ConsistentMROBDined on 10/8/2014I eat at Cap Grill regularly, especially at lunch. The reason is that the food, environment and service are always right on. This consistency allows me to not be concerned about choice of restaurant for business meetings and lets me focus on the work at hand. Nice job team Burlington.Special Features:
- Special Anniversary DinnerMissKayVIPDined on 10/6/2014The Capital Grille in Burlington did everything possible to make our anniversary dinner extremely special and everything was perfect!Special Features:
- excellent mealKeith1Dined on 10/3/2014We went to celebrate both a birthday and an anniversary. I had included that in the reservation. The table was decorated and there were cards for both events. The servers was cheerful and didn't rush us. The steaks were excellent and perfectly cooked. The side dishes and desserts were also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burthday CejebrationKenDavisDined on 10/3/2014I took my friend to CG to celebrate Her Birthday. We had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.