The Capital Grille - Burlington
10 Wayside Road
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Burlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7815054130x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Monteiro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Burlington
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
The Capital Grille - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
247 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (196)notable wine list (129)romantic (94)fit for foodies (91)good for groups (75)vibrant bar scene (41)great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (30)hot spot (29)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (5)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Must try Kona SteakJohnTDined on 10/14/2014Great dinner with customers, service was excellent. Service was very responsive without being overly intrusive, waiters were very knowledgeable and made great suggestions. The Kona steak was the highlight of the evening, its a must try. Apps, salads, soups and steaks were all excellent and prepared as requested.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014excellent as always. food delicious and done perfectly.Special Features:
- Love the Capital GrilleBusinessTravellerDined on 10/10/2014We go to the Capital Grille for special occasions, and it is always great! It is always worth the money, and we have never been dissatisfied or disappointed. My wife loves the filet mignon, so flavorful, melt in your mouth tender, and never the least bit bitter or gamy. My favorite is the sirloin, so delicious and tender. One of the best sirloins you can buy. The service is consistently great and you are always made to feel special. We have been to other high end steak houses in New York city, Boston, and Tampa, and Capital Grille is as good if not better than all of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time with friendsLastoneDined on 10/8/2014I went with a couple of friends and one of us had a Birthday. The service was outstanding( the server Sarbina was the best) and the food and drinks ALL were done with perfection. We will be back - soon - Couln't have asked for a better timeSpecial Features:
- ConsistentMROBDined on 10/8/2014I eat at Cap Grill regularly, especially at lunch. The reason is that the food, environment and service are always right on. This consistency allows me to not be concerned about choice of restaurant for business meetings and lets me focus on the work at hand. Nice job team Burlington.Special Features:
- Special Anniversary DinnerMissKayVIPDined on 10/6/2014The Capital Grille in Burlington did everything possible to make our anniversary dinner extremely special and everything was perfect!Special Features:
- excellent mealKeith1Dined on 10/3/2014We went to celebrate both a birthday and an anniversary. I had included that in the reservation. The table was decorated and there were cards for both events. The servers was cheerful and didn't rush us. The steaks were excellent and perfectly cooked. The side dishes and desserts were also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burthday CejebrationKenDavisDined on 10/3/2014I took my friend to CG to celebrate Her Birthday. We had a fabulous time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific evening at Capital GrilleDSG29Dined on 9/29/2014I had made a reservation via OpenTable, but because it was for a birthday (mine), my wife managed to wrangle more details behind the scenes directly with the restaurant (so I wouldn't know about it), and the staff was incredibly gracious and accommodating. They set up and decorated a lovely table for our party, and treated us as well or better than I have experienced in the 3 dozen times I have been to other Capital Grilles across the country. Everything was superb. The food (of course), the ambiance, and truly outstanding service. They were gracious, friendly, and must have thanked us a dozen times for choosing to dine with them. I can't recommend this location highly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!1259Dined on 9/29/2014I mentioned that my husband had a very special event we were honoring, and I noted on the reservation that I'd like something special to happen. Well, the management and our wonderful waiter went over and beyond in recognizing what I was attempting to make happen. A+++++ to our waiter, Frank Sullivan, who recognized the event's importance, made fine suggestions for menu and wine, was friendly without being obtrusive. And A+ to the restaurant's excellence both in dining and hospitality. We had a memorable evening. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- asimina10Dined on 9/27/2014We normally love the Capital Grille for all it has to offer in a convenient location to where we live. We had a nice table and were looking forward to a great evening. That being said one of our guests asked for a baked potato with his steak and the server said, "Oh, we've run out. We only had five baked potatoes and they are all gone."; mind you it was about 7:45! We all thought that was strange and even if it were true the waiter should have just kept that to herself. My husband wanted a glass of cabernet sauvignon and the one he asked for, she bluntly told him, "That's the only one we don't have and in fact we've been waiting four days for the shipment to come in." Overall, a great night but not the usual pristine service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group DinnerVTZR1Dined on 9/27/2014Our group of 10 came from Vermont for Vettes To Vets at Bedford VA Hospital, all of us had fantistic meals and the service was the best, our server explaind the specials and the team work among all of people made our experience fun, we will be back next year with out a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional serviceCarolDined on 9/23/2014We had a wonderful lunch experience yesterday at the Capital Grille because of a very professional waiter named Victor who seemed to read our minds. He managed to appear exactly when we needed him without ever hovering. The lobster roll was delicious with the most lobster in it that I have ever had anywhere. We had requested a booth on Open Table and were given a lovely quiet booth. We were very impressed with the drinks, the food, and the service and we are looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An added touchJoJoDined on 9/20/2014We went to the capital grille to celebrate our 21st wedding anniversary. What a surprise it was when we arrived at our table and it had rose petals spread on it with an anniversary card. After our meal, we were surprised with two champagne flutes and a beautiful tray with two desserts on it and to top it all off we got a complimentary photo taken that we could take home. Thanks Capital Grille for making our celebration special!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/19/2014When making the reservation I mentioned it was an anniversary celebration for our friends. Upon arrival they were acknowledged by the hostess, the table was decorated with heart shaped glitter, there was a card, the waiter took a photo of the anniversary couple and presented it to them, and we were given a great dessert to share. Very very nice Capital Grill! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeMtotoDined on 9/16/2014The burger was the best I had in a long time, on the bar special and the wine fabulousSpecial Features:
- Always on top of their game!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014I have never been disappointed in a meal, the service, or the atmosphere at The Capital Grille in Burlington. We often go there for special occasions, and when you let the restaurant know this -- either ahead of time or in the midst of the meal -- they give you a wonderful experience and cater to your special requests (this time, I specifically asked for a quieter table to accommodate my elderly mother's hearing loss, and our table was in one of the quieter side rooms). The service was incredible, the food perhaps the best I've had at a restaurant, and overall it was an extraordinary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice!VeryDisappointedDined on 9/14/2014You can't go wrong for a perfect dinner at this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service. Food VGMikeyDined on 9/14/2014Service was excellent. Food was very good but not as outstanding as previous visits. The expensive Delmonico was not up to expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentBrucDined on 9/6/2014It is always excellent at The Capital Grille in Burlington. When there are mistakes made, they always know how to correct them quickly and will always make the customer happy. The Capital Grille is rather expensive, but the experience is worth it. Not the kind of place you would go to often due to the cost. The 4 of us with tip came to ~$400. The steaks are always perfect as you would expect when paying ~$50 for an entre. A great place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As you would expect from TCGCrashCondoVIPDined on 9/5/2014Everything was fantastic! Thoroughly enjoyed it! I had the sea bass and it was incredible!Special Features:
- For special occasionscorvette1995Dined on 8/31/2014Food excellent, and service was top notch. Had Margie for our table, she could not have been nicer to us. Cost is rather high, but you get what you pay for!!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceAndreaDined on 8/29/2014As always I had an great experience. The food was great and service was truly excellent.Special Features:
- Celebrating Birthday/Anniversary!bostondaphneDined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful time at the Capital Grill in Burlington, MA. Our table was ready as soon as we arrived and it was decorated with birthday confetti, and we were presented with flutes of champagne! Our waiter Frank was excellent, sharing the menu items and the details of the wine pairing event. We choose the steaks and the wine pairing and had lots of have fun tasting the wines! A wonderful un-rushed evening with an excellent server, Frank and the manager Mr. Silvestri stopped by to check in.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014The food, service, and special attention made for a wonderful evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous PourSilenaDined on 8/28/2014Love the generous Pour that they have in the summer! The chance to try numerous wines, and experience them in a way that complements the food! Santos is the best waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVETOCOOKDeckyDined on 8/28/2014Food was delicious, service impeccable experience outstanding I just love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDeeDeeDined on 8/28/2014Went for lunch during Restaurant Week. Great pricing for the food. The scallops with corn risotto was outstanding. Asked to be seated in a quiet area, because of my husbands hearing. Seated us in a small comfortable quiet room. Very pleasant. Found the main dining room, very noisy. Not our first visit here. Have been for dinner. Would rather come here to Burlington, rather than Boston or Chestnut Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCinderellaDined on 8/28/2014We dined during restaurant week. The value and food were outstanding. Highly recommend. The noise level was a bit high but it was also at lunch timeSpecial Features:
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Went to the Capital Grille for the first time during DineOut Week Boston.Was set on having the special 3 course lunch, but was impressed by their new "small plates" menu....a great value.Tried the watermelon-feta salad and the sweet summer corn risotto with scallops...dishes I had wanted to try . Absolutely scrumptious! I was also impressed by our waiter Roberto Lopes...one of the finest servers I have ever experienced.He explained the menu completely, asked if we had any time constraints, and inquired if we were celebrating any special occasion. Roberto definitely made the dining experience even more special than it was.Will not take so long to get back to The Capital Grille, especially for lunch.A super experience and a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualimaneaterDined on 8/27/2014The Capital Grille is a destination for special occasions and as usual we found excellent service, excellent food and wine (not to mention the Stoli Doli) and the overall experience was just top notch. No surprises; each time we dine at the Capital Grille, it's been fantastic for steak and seafood.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysrcs249VIPDined on 8/27/2014We dine here 2-3 times each year as a family, and this time was as good as our previous dinners. So delicious and consistent. We all just love it here.Special Features:
- dinner for twoJog1Dined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Capital Grille in Burlington. They took such good care of us even adding special touches such as a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY card from the staff and decorations on the table. The food was delicious, my compliments to the chef. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Stan the manager and Sabrina our waitress were outstanding!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD WAS IMPECCABLEBETTYBOOP8265Dined on 8/26/2014OUR WAITER WAS ROBERTO LOPES, HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE OF THE MENU AND WHAT TO ORDER. HE ASKED US IF IT WAS A SPECIAL OCCASION AND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND HE SURPRISED ME WITH A VERY NICE DESSERT AND PICTURE. HE WAS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Tony has to be the most charismatic and wonderful server in the Boston area. Always delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time visitpeedoubleyouuDined on 8/26/2014definitely a great place to take a significant other. my server, teri, was more than amazing. it was restaurant week when my partner and i visited, and she was very professional but also personable when serving us. she did not treat my partner and i differently due to our younger age compared to the rest of the guests. food was great and presented in an elegant way. definitely a great first time experience here at the burlington location.Special Features:
- The food is always delicious!!crazyacctntDined on 8/26/2014I love this place because i have never gotten bad food. It is always exceptional and cooked exactly as ordered, which is as it should be but is not always the case at other places. I always wait for Dine in or a very special occasion as it is a bit pricey but definately worth the splurge every now and then.Special Features:
- Great foodBigAlDined on 8/26/2014Top notch for a special occasions. Expense but worth the price weSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but loud and slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014The area we were seated in was EXTREMELY loud with several large party tables and our table for 2 was swallowed up in the noise. I could barely hear myself think let alone talk with my dinner date. The food was absolutely amazing, however the timing of our service was not up to par. We waited 30+ minutes from the time we finished our appetizer until we received our entrees. Also had to wait too long to receive the check after finishing dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.