The Capital Grille - Burlington
10 Wayside Road
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Burlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7815054130x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Monteiro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Burlington
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
The Capital Grille - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (199)notable wine list (124)romantic (91)fit for foodies (81)good for groups (66)great for lunch (40)vibrant bar scene (36)neighborhood gem (25)hot spot (22)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always excellentBrucDined on 9/6/2014It is always excellent at The Capital Grille in Burlington. When there are mistakes made, they always know how to correct them quickly and will always make the customer happy. The Capital Grille is rather expensive, but the experience is worth it. Not the kind of place you would go to often due to the cost. The 4 of us with tip came to ~$400. The steaks are always perfect as you would expect when paying ~$50 for an entre. A great place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special occasionscorvette1995Dined on 8/31/2014Food excellent, and service was top notch. Had Margie for our table, she could not have been nicer to us. Cost is rather high, but you get what you pay for!!Special Features:
- Excellent experienceAndreaDined on 8/29/2014As always I had an great experience. The food was great and service was truly excellent.Special Features:
- Celebrating Birthday/Anniversary!bostondaphneDined on 8/29/2014We had a wonderful time at the Capital Grill in Burlington, MA. Our table was ready as soon as we arrived and it was decorated with birthday confetti, and we were presented with flutes of champagne! Our waiter Frank was excellent, sharing the menu items and the details of the wine pairing event. We choose the steaks and the wine pairing and had lots of have fun tasting the wines! A wonderful un-rushed evening with an excellent server, Frank and the manager Mr. Silvestri stopped by to check in.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014The food, service, and special attention made for a wonderful evening for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous PourSilenaDined on 8/28/2014Love the generous Pour that they have in the summer! The chance to try numerous wines, and experience them in a way that complements the food! Santos is the best waiter!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVETOCOOKDeckyDined on 8/28/2014Food was delicious, service impeccable experience outstanding I just love this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDeeDeeDined on 8/28/2014Went for lunch during Restaurant Week. Great pricing for the food. The scallops with corn risotto was outstanding. Asked to be seated in a quiet area, because of my husbands hearing. Seated us in a small comfortable quiet room. Very pleasant. Found the main dining room, very noisy. Not our first visit here. Have been for dinner. Would rather come here to Burlington, rather than Boston or Chestnut Hill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodCinderellaDined on 8/28/2014We dined during restaurant week. The value and food were outstanding. Highly recommend. The noise level was a bit high but it was also at lunch timeSpecial Features:
- A great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/28/2014Went to the Capital Grille for the first time during DineOut Week Boston.Was set on having the special 3 course lunch, but was impressed by their new "small plates" menu....a great value.Tried the watermelon-feta salad and the sweet summer corn risotto with scallops...dishes I had wanted to try . Absolutely scrumptious! I was also impressed by our waiter Roberto Lopes...one of the finest servers I have ever experienced.He explained the menu completely, asked if we had any time constraints, and inquired if we were celebrating any special occasion. Roberto definitely made the dining experience even more special than it was.Will not take so long to get back to The Capital Grille, especially for lunch.A super experience and a great value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualimaneaterDined on 8/27/2014The Capital Grille is a destination for special occasions and as usual we found excellent service, excellent food and wine (not to mention the Stoli Doli) and the overall experience was just top notch. No surprises; each time we dine at the Capital Grille, it's been fantastic for steak and seafood.Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaysrcs249VIPDined on 8/27/2014We dine here 2-3 times each year as a family, and this time was as good as our previous dinners. So delicious and consistent. We all just love it here.Special Features:
- dinner for twoJog1Dined on 8/27/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Capital Grille in Burlington. They took such good care of us even adding special touches such as a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY card from the staff and decorations on the table. The food was delicious, my compliments to the chef. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014Stan the manager and Sabrina our waitress were outstanding!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD WAS IMPECCABLEBETTYBOOP8265Dined on 8/26/2014OUR WAITER WAS ROBERTO LOPES, HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE OF THE MENU AND WHAT TO ORDER. HE ASKED US IF IT WAS A SPECIAL OCCASION AND IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY AND HE SURPRISED ME WITH A VERY NICE DESSERT AND PICTURE. HE WAS OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014Tony has to be the most charismatic and wonderful server in the Boston area. Always delightful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first time visitpeedoubleyouuDined on 8/26/2014definitely a great place to take a significant other. my server, teri, was more than amazing. it was restaurant week when my partner and i visited, and she was very professional but also personable when serving us. she did not treat my partner and i differently due to our younger age compared to the rest of the guests. food was great and presented in an elegant way. definitely a great first time experience here at the burlington location.Special Features:
- The food is always delicious!!crazyacctntDined on 8/26/2014I love this place because i have never gotten bad food. It is always exceptional and cooked exactly as ordered, which is as it should be but is not always the case at other places. I always wait for Dine in or a very special occasion as it is a bit pricey but definately worth the splurge every now and then.Special Features:
- Great foodBigAlDined on 8/26/2014Top notch for a special occasions. Expense but worth the price weSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food but loud and slowOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014The area we were seated in was EXTREMELY loud with several large party tables and our table for 2 was swallowed up in the noise. I could barely hear myself think let alone talk with my dinner date. The food was absolutely amazing, however the timing of our service was not up to par. We waited 30+ minutes from the time we finished our appetizer until we received our entrees. Also had to wait too long to receive the check after finishing dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful TreatchefgirlDined on 8/25/2014for my birthday celebration. Everything was perfect, went for Restaurant Week and the Generous Pour and the wine was outstanding and food excellent.Special Features:
- vivsneeDined on 8/25/2014Service and food was excellent . We would go back in a minute Great choice for lunch or a special evening out.Special Features:
- Capital ExperienceIpswichClamDined on 8/25/20141st time dining at the Capital Grille in Burlington. Took advantage of the Restaurant Week specials, although their regular lunch specials were a good value, too. Our waiter, Herold, was extremely professional and attentive , but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- AmazingvalkhalDined on 8/24/2014Amazing experience all around: from the service (thanks Roberto!) to the food, everything was delightful. I would definitely recommend The Capital Grille to anyone wanting a fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrilleDinerDined on 8/24/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Capital GrilleSpecial Features:
- Anniversary at Capital GrillebmsmrscDined on 8/24/2014We had dinner for the fifth year in a row to celebrate our anniversary at the Capital Grille. The food was amazing as always. Unfortunately the service, while far from mediocre, was not the exceptional service we have come to find at this restaurant. Usually the service is extraordinarily attentive and personalized. However, this evening it was less so. Long waits between courses left us wondering what was going on. The waiter cleared the entree plates, never asked us if we wanted coffee, and then disappeared for 15 minutes. It turned out that he was waiting for the dessert to be set up on a special plating for our anniversary but again we had no idea why we did not see him for the 15 minutes.Special Features:
- Never Dissapointed.NormDined on 8/24/2014My wife and I have dined here many times and the food and service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!RebeccaWBrodieDined on 8/23/2014We usually go to Grill 23 in Boston -- I never expected such a great place in the suburbs. I think I found our new "place". Try their steak and lobster --- YUM YUMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceMarkiyanDined on 8/23/2014Went here for out anniversary and it was excellent. Did the $25 wine tasting and stuck with seafood for the dinners. They treated us to champaign to start and dessert for the special occasion which was a great touch. Out server Katrina was an absolute rock star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsanDined on 8/22/2014Amazing service and attention to detail! Love the CG!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!MoverbobDined on 8/22/2014I cannot remember the last time I went to a restaurant in literally had nothing but outstanding things to say about it. Service, even the breadbasket! Appetizers, entrées and desserts were all phenomenal and we had a great waiter as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicerabankerDined on 8/22/2014The food and service at Capital Grille was excellent. The steaks were cooked perfectly and our wait staff was attentive but not intrusive. Our favorite place to eat.Special Features:
- micheleDined on 8/21/2014as always it was a pleasant experience dining at the capital grille. we are very fortunate to have found our forever waiter, antonio.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!RobinDined on 8/21/2014We went to the Capital Grille during restaurant week and it was outstanding. We were celebrating the end of summer and sending our oldest off to college. Just a delightful evening with amazing food and service!Special Features:
- First time customerCassDined on 8/21/2014The service and food were outstanding. The staff couldn't do enough for you. I would highly recommend it and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LegerardDined on 8/21/2014Restaurant week is a great time for Seniors to dine at the Capital Grille....this is our 5th year.....the food is fantastic, the service excellent, and the atmosphere is great.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!pattiecakeDined on 8/20/2014unbelievable food great that it was part of Restaurant week!!!!Special Features:
- A big disappointment!Daboo14Dined on 8/20/2014I come to this Capital Grille location often and every year for a group Birthday dinner during Restaurant Week. I made a 7PM reservation and yet waited 45 minutes for our table! Clearly the restaurant was overbooked. In addition our waiter was stingy with "The Generous Pour" wine service. He 1/4 filled our glasses so we had to awkwardly ask for multiple refills. The worst part of the dinner was my steak (which is normally the highlight). I asked for Medium & my friend requested rare. We both got rare steaks! I had to send mine back and when it returned, it was well done and clearly microwaved. Totally inedible! The meal was credited but the manager didn't stop by the table to ask what went wrong.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Fruit fly in wine, steak was over cooked and the service was extremely lacking. I took my family to celebrate a birthday. The noise level was ridiculous. Couldn't hear the person next to me without shouting. I realize it was restaurant week but for such a high end place my expectations were higher.
- It was Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/20/2014So that being said, we waited 20 minutes for our reservation, the longest I've waited at this location for a table, my steak was overcooked, it just wasn't the experience I've come to expect at Capital Grille. Disappointed.