The Capital Grille - Burlington
10 Wayside Road
Burlington, MA 01803Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Burlington
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 7815054130x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Scott Monteiro
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Burlington
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
The Capital Grille - Burlington - Best Restaurants in Burlington, MA ›
The Capital Grille - Burlington reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (153)notable wine list (94)romantic (66)fit for foodies (56)good for groups (52)great for lunch (35)vibrant bar scene (22)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (16)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- AWESOME!!!!pattiecakeDined on 8/20/2014unbelievable food great that it was part of Restaurant week!!!!Special Features:
- A big disappointment!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/20/2014I come to this Capital Grille location often and every year for a group Birthday dinner during Restaurant Week. I made a 7PM reservation and yet waited 45 minutes for our table! Clearly the restaurant was overbooked. In addition our waiter was stingy with "The Generous Pour" wine service. He 1/4 filled our glasses so we had to awkwardly ask for multiple refills. The worst part of the dinner was my steak (which is normally the highlight). I asked for Medium & my friend requested rare. We both got rare steaks! I had to send mine back and when it returned, it was well done and clearly microwaved. Totally inedible! The meal was credited but the manager didn't stop by the table to ask what went wrong.
- Outstanding food,Parking impossibleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Reservations for 12:45 and arrived in the parking lot by 12:35. We circled the parking lot for twenty minutes. There was nothing. However, there were about 25 spots with white cones in them....reserved for valet....This Capital forces their guests to valet whether they want to or not, there's no alternative option. We actually drove up the path and parked in the Seasons 32 parking lot and walked. Had I not made reservations we were ready to just walk into Seasons32 instead. They need to do something about parking and not pressure guests to pay an additional 25$ to park on top of an already very expensive lunch. We were frustrated with the beginning experience but as always, the service and food glossed it over and kept us happy!Special Features:
- Nice steakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014Nice steakhouse atmosphere, you know what to expect, prices, service and quality in line with other high end chains. Good location off 95 if you live away from the city and easy to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014went for our wedding anniversary dinner. Greeted by welcoming staff. Seated within 10 minutes of reservation time. Very noisy . Great menu & wine list. Very attentive service. Food was delicious & perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining Out valueLookingForFoodotDined on 8/19/2014Capital Grille lived up to it's reputation and truly supplied a chance to try their excellent fare at an affordable cost. This was the original aim of Restaurant Week, which had been somewhat lost in recent years as in addition to the loss of participation, most restaurants that were participating used a menu that had nothing to do with the restaurant's strength and was basically designed to convince you to order off their standard menu (or punish you for not having done so). In contrast we found that not only was the food top notch last night, but the Capital Grille's service was welcoming and treated us like VIPs, in contrast to the dismissive attitude we had experienced elsewhere in prior years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Generous PourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2014So much lag time all night. We should have just purchased a bottle of wine. Asked for extra taste of cab to finish with our kona sirloin but she got busy. Gave us a "splash" when we were done eating. Also, not allowed to have Riesling with dessert. We have been here often & I was so disappointed with the service. As soon as anniversary party of 8 showed up we were IGnORed. We couldn't even flag down our waitress. We wanted coffee after dinner but she said "I assume you are all through" and gave us our bill. We typically have pre-cocktails, appetizers, a bottle of wine,dinner, desserts, and coffee but instead we were RUSHED out the door! On a Tuesday! Not the typical service...awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2014The food is always well prepared. The restaurant is great, however, very noisy, but we keep coming back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ServiceDebbieP1Dined on 8/17/2014We had a wonderful experience at the Capital Grille. We went for my daughter's birthday, and she had a nice time. The food was good, and the service was excellent. Will definitely go again.Special Features:
- Beautiful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The food was excellent as always - steaks cooked to perfection. Our waiter was wonderful and knowledgable about wine - and we are VERY knowledgable about wine so it was refreshing to have a waiter who actually knew what he was talking about. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- My Steak!April01803Dined on 8/17/2014First time I have not given Capital Grille ***** - 5 stars. I know it's restaurant week, but overcooked filet - such a waste! Server got the manager, manager took it back to kitchen, and new filet arrived shortly. Then our bill was incorrect, and the waitress tried to convince me it wasn't her fault. I didn't really care whose fault it was, just fix it. If there is a problem at the table, typically a server will say Oh, I'm sorry, let me fix that. Nobody said that. She was gruff to say the least. Still my favorite restaurant though. ManagI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outSteakhouseRegularDined on 8/17/2014As usual the Capital Grille did not dissapoint, can't wait to go back!
- Dine Out Boston Must!HungryDined on 8/17/2014Capital Grille - Burlington is a must during Dine Out Boston (restaurant week) The food, service & atmosphere make for an outstanding dining experience.Special Features:
- ExcellencerowleygirlDined on 8/17/2014Alway excellent food and service at The Capital Grille. You can't go wrong for a special occasion or take advantage of this restaurant during Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Great place for that true American Steak Dinner. Always cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful CelebrationfrequentdinerDined on 8/17/2014From the valet parking to the wonderful meal to the fantastic service, our experience at The Capital Grille was top-notch. My husband and I were celebrating my birthday and chose The Capital Grille because it was recommended to us for a special occasion. We were certainly not disappointed. My husband had a swordfish special and I had the Kona-crusted sirloin. The food was wonderful and our waiter, Sergio, made the experience even better. He never hovered, but was always available to make suggestions, answer questions and fill our wine glasses. Although it was our first time at the restaurant, it won't be our last. I can honestly say that this was one of our best dining experiences, ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationQUmom1Dined on 8/16/2014Birthday, going back to college and family all together, Capital Grille was the perfect spot. There was a birthday card waiting at the table, delicious lobster taster as well as a lovely birthday plate of delicious cheesecake and chocolate coffee cake. Our meals of salmon, Chilean sea bass and filets were perfect. Service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014We were celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary. Our waiter Sergio was knowledgeable, our food was incredible and the restaurant made us really feel special with a card on the table when we sat down, complimentary champagne and dessert, and they took our picture and put it in a nice little keepsake frame for us. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, especially those celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:
- The best steakUrskaterVIPDined on 8/15/2014Steak is fantastic and the bread basket is amazing! Great for celebrating a special occasionSpecial Features:
- 46th Wedding AnniversaryPlumtreeDined on 8/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our 46th wedding anniversary with dinner at the Capital Grill in Burlington. Everything was fantastic. We were seated at our scheduled time and immediately were served glasses of champagne. Our table was decorated with little red hearts. Roberto, our server was outstanding; there for our every need. He took a picture while we were toasting, and provided us with a framed picture to take home with us. The appetizer, meals, drinks and dessert were perfect as was our server and ambiance. I would recommend the Capital Grill for any special occasion. Be prepared to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!nikiDined on 8/9/2014Our server was very friendly and explained the food specials and also wine paring. When I reserved through Open Table I said the dinner was to celebrate my husband's birthday At the table was a birthday card for my husband and also the Capital Grill gave us a special dessert (very deliicious!)Special Features:
- Fabulous Anniversary DinneroldybutgoodyDined on 8/8/2014When we made the reservation, I noted it was our anniversary and The Capital Grille took it from there. From the little red confetti hearts on the table, to the greeting card signed by the establishment, to the champagne toast and the anniversary desert, everything they did made us feel special. The food was wonderful and way too much, since we finished our leftovers the next evening. We both had steaks and my dish included lobster tails as well. Both the steaks were cooked perfectly to our specifications. While this was an expensive dinner and for a special occasion, we would come back again. Thanks Capital Grille for making our experience so wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good.KGIRDined on 8/2/2014We had a lovely time. Our waiter was attentive & the food was good. The Sweet Basil Gin Rickey cocktail was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chief Cook & Bottle WasherObiwanDined on 8/1/2014I have been to several Capital Grille's before in Boston, Phila etc. But this was truly memorable. Normally it has been a business dinner, but this time on a whim my wife and I decided to go for a dinner on a Friday evening. It was a great experience, the service was exceptional and the food was great. We had the wine tasting menu. It is a great deal. The Pinot was exceptional. The appetizer was decent, but the main course (both steaks) were cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- GREAT IN ALL WAYSbeverlyDined on 7/28/2014NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. EVERYTHING GREAT AND YOU COULD ACTUALLY HAVE A CONVERSATION HERE/ GREAT STEAK AND SALADSpecial Features:
- Totally ImpressivePennygirlDined on 7/27/2014We visited on a Sunday evening celebrating the 45th wedding anniversary of the couple that was with us. Capital Grille really went all out and made it a special evening for our guests. Happy Anniversary card on the table, photo taken of the 4 of us, one for each couple, we each got a glass of champagne for a toast and a special dessert for our guests. Food was excellent. Steaks cooked perfectly - best we've had. Service was top notch. Our server didn't miss a beat. My only complaint would be that for such a lovely and high end restaurant, there were too many people coming in wearing shorts and jeans. Kind of spoiled it for those of us that dress appropriately for that kind of a restaurant. All in all a perfect evening. Thank you CG!Special Features:
- fabulous diningJWQDMDDined on 7/26/2014Everything from the valet to the dessert was just superb. Wonderful staff makes this dining experience truly an excellent choice. They were all courteous, amicable, and very respectful. Last but not least, the food was just fabulous with a nicely diverse menu. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUMMYDined on 7/24/2014The Food was fabulous, our waitstaff was attentive and wonderful, always a great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much too noisyRalphSchmalphDined on 7/23/2014I don't understand how anyone can enjoy a dinner for four when you have to shout to be heard. Multiply that by a couple of hundred diners and you have bedlam. Some regard this as a "party atmosphere".......sure, if you're with a bunch of inebriated golf buddies, but not if you're out for a great meal and good conversation with another couple. I'd go back for lunch or maybe a late dinner when the noise level's down.Special Features:
- The best food but priceyPesce168Dined on 7/21/2014Capital Grille has outstanding food and attentive service but the prices are prohibitive for most people unless it is a special occasion. It was my birthday but I did not so indicate until I arrived in their foyer. Our table very quickly was prepared with a congratulatory notecard and "Happy Birthday" confetti. My companion had a succulent steak but commented that the portions are way too large. He also thought his ceasar salad was overdressed. My salmon served over green beans was superb. The au gratin potatoes were divine; they brought a smaller portion because my companion did not want any but sides are meant to be shared. They brought us a meat appetizer as a birthday recognition, but as I don't eat meat, a dessert was presented later.Special Features:
- DeliciousliketoeatDined on 7/19/2014the capital grille was wonderful, but be prepared-very expensive. Probably the best steak I'd ever eaten.Special Features:
- Classic DiningDiner1501Dined on 7/15/2014All that you would expect from a classic top-tier steakhouse. Good food and good service in a welcoming traditional setting. At our table the ages ranged from 12 to 86...and all enjoyed their experience and food equally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversarytommyVIPDined on 7/8/2014This was the perfect celebration of our 47th wedding anniversary. Jeri Martin was knowledgeable and just terrific for us. Can't wait for the next one !Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/6/2014Went for my husband's birthday. They really are top notch with their service and ambiance. When we arrived, the hostess wished my husband a Happy Birthday. At our table, there was a card for him along with a sprkling of glitter across the table. Food as always was wonderful. Service was very attentive with out being intrusive in any way. We went on a Sunday night and the restaurant was quiet which was nice. We have been to the Capital Grille in Burlington many times and have never been disappointed. Excellent from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatsyDined on 7/5/2014The food was fab, the waitress was superb and the entire night was wonderful.Special Features:
- A cut aboveFoodieVIPDined on 7/5/2014The steaks here, in my opinion, are better than the competition. They are slightly larger, aged perfectly, and then cooked to perfection. Just the right amount of grill on the outside and a an even cook inside. The appetizers are also better....try the cold shellfish platter. It will feed 2 and it is outstanding. Capital Grille is a steak house that will have you coming back.Special Features:
- Antonio....SherryVIPDined on 7/3/2014What can I say, the Capital Grille is a very nice restaurant to go to; however, when you add a server like Antonio, it becomes an experience of a lifetime. This man makes you feel like you are the only people in the restauarant (he does this to all of his patrons). Words cannot express what a wonderful person he is.Special Features:
- MscfDined on 7/3/2014One of our favorites. Consistently excellent food, service and ambience.Special Features:
- Outstanding dining!BobtDined on 7/1/2014Great food and swrvice. Pricey, but definitely worth it for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MartyDined on 7/1/2014Food and ambience as usual excellent. Made our anniversary celebration memorableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.