The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
255 East Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (404) 262-1162
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jose Laos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (70)notable wine list (55)fit for foodies (50)good for groups (44)scenic view (43)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (16)great for lunch (16)vibrant bar scene (13)great for brunch (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great foodLuv2dineVIPDined on 11/22/2014We dine here often and have always loved it. We live in the area and enjoy taking our friends here too. Saturday night I had steak and lobster. I just don't think it can get any better. Now if I can just get them to get me some stone crab claws!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best RestaurantFernieDined on 11/20/2014Great food, and friendly people thar work there. Make you feel so special. Food is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeBrooklynskyDined on 11/15/2014I love this place... The impeccable service and the superb food and drinks... Who could ask for anything more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedPoltDined on 11/15/2014Environment was okay. I probably had my standards to high because of the prices. The steak was “okay.” Ruth’s Chris is a LOT better.
- Another perfect meal!The404girlDined on 11/14/2014Loved the food & atmosphere! Will be back again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodShayalDined on 11/8/2014The food was outstanding...Best Salmon I've EVER had! Great Atmosphere, the waiters were on it...very polite! I would recommend this place everyday all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2014As usual, a great mean with excellent service. This is why I keep coming back.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnerKsampDined on 11/2/2014My husband and I came on a Sunday night and had a wonderful experience. Romantic atmosphere and quiet is what we were looking for and we got it. We skipped appetizers as we had been here before and we remembered the tasty bread they bring to the table. My husband ordered the tenderloin with lobster and I ordered the Roasted Chicken and both were equally delicious! For sides we had the Lobster Mac and Cheese which was amazing and the asparagus. This also seems to be a great place for special occasions as most of the table around us were celebrating either birthdays or anniversaries in which they decorate your table with confetti, take a picture of you, and offer free champagne and dessert.Special Features:
- Wonderful Simple EveninggreatnightDined on 11/2/2014From the valet man downstairs working and the host up front it was a great evening they take care of you from arriving to leaving we just came and enjoyed the meal the food was amazing fresh off the grill.Special Features:
- Quick bite!MillieBoyersVIPDined on 11/2/2014We went for a juicy burger and a glass of wine at the Bar area very nice view and high top table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014The menu is predictable and rather boring. The food was nothing special but expensive. If it's steak you want there are much better places in Atlanta to choose from. If you don't want steak the other options are not anything special. I had an $18 shrimp cocktail that I didn't even finish. I could make better at home.Special Features:
- Consistently good!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/25/2014Scallops with risotto were very flavorful. Chilean sea bass with fennel were a little lacking in flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Celebration!Truefoodie1Dined on 10/24/2014My husband and I were celebrating our first anniversary and capital grille made our celebration even more special. Michelle, our server,truef was excellent. The food and wine were delicious. The restaurant even gave us complimentary desert and champagne to top off our celebration.Special Features:
- It was good, not outstanding.JohnVIPDined on 10/22/2014This was my first time dining here. We were greeted promptly and taken to a nice table in the back of the main dining room. Menus were presented along with an iPad for the wine/drink menu. The iPad is an overkill and I would prefer a normal wine menu. Server was friendly and helpful, but too chatty and attentive... felt almost motherly which was a turnoff. We started with the shrimp cocktail which was good, not outstanding. My wife had the salmon which was really great. I had the Porcini Rubbed Delmonico with 15-Year Aged Balsamic (ribeye smothered excessively in balsamic), it was a real letdown. I ended up scrapping as much of the balsamic off as I could, but still too much. Overall nothing special and priced too high for what you get.
- Great serviceALS7Dined on 10/22/2014Our server was attentive without being being bothersome.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/22/2014My wife and I had a quick dinner after work before going to a concert. The service was outstanding! The food was very good, but we have had the same quality or better for less elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasure!ChrisDined on 10/19/2014I just love it here. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerlovelydinnerDined on 10/18/2014The waitress really went out of her way to make sure we had a memorable experience. The food was fantastic, the wine list was really impressive. We were really happy with our experience and definitely going to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Melissa!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014My fiancee and I come here as often as we can. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly and the food is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and Good TimebardoVIPDined on 10/17/2014We really enjoyed Capital Grill and it was even better since American Express sent us a 50.00 gift certificate to use there if we used our Amex Card, so we had a great dinner and we saved 50.00! Would go again1Special Features:
- Jo1234Dined on 10/13/2014We had a much better experience than our last 2 times. Our waier, Kobe, was phenomenal. Outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014Food and service were excellent making for a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite place in AtlantastkloverDined on 10/12/2014The steak! That is all i really need to say. Good food, amazing sides, great wine, and perfect view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVERVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a child with us for lunch. I must say the wait person aaas very tentative to her. But I would admonish that it is not a place for unruly children.Special Features:
- SuzcatDined on 10/3/2014Loved the Wagu Beef Burger special comes egg on top and with glass of Jordan cab... ummm great ... AWESOME ViewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againSteakmanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Everything but the quality of steak was fine. Dog meat. Fancy dancing around quality when asked. 10 other better steaks within 1 mile.
- Incredibly Great MealkingrogersDined on 9/30/2014My dinner guest and I both really enjoyed the calamari appetizer. He raved that it was the best calamari he had ever had. Our Porterhouse steaks were fantastic, perfectly done medium rare. Wine list is awesome and the bottle of wine we had was wonderful. Service was impeccable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Service, Meal, all was great!FirstTimerDined on 9/28/2014Corey was our server... one of the best waiters that I have experienced all over the world. This was my wife's and I first time going out since we had our second child and the staff couldn't be more helpful and wonderful for our meal. Truly a very memorable experience, and not a bad part to our experience.Special Features:
- Elegant & BeautifulMillieBoyersVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice experience we will go there again. Great Food, Wine, Bread & Service.Special Features:
- Great spotMilocastroDined on 9/26/2014The Capital Grille is my favorite restaurant and I always feel at homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food.MJH118Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was perfect! I will definitely go back next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapitalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014I dine out six times a month. First time having dinner here at Capital Ive always had lunch. Service perfect, food perfect and wine list is excellent. The bartender and wait staff are warm inviting and personable. Michelle are waiter was spot on with just enough attention and not hovering. Id highly recommend Capital and will be dining again.Special Features:
- Great!!!!LutherDined on 9/20/2014It was absolutely fantastic! The waiters were very attentive to the needs of the guest and the food was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- Not my favorite Capital GrilledrjlopezVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Capital Grilles in Boston, Naples, Philadelphia, and Indianapolis and they are all better than this one. Had to wait in bar for our table which was 20 minutes late in being ready. Usually not a problem because we can get a drink in the bar, but in 20 minutes no one ever waited on us and we were sitting and the bar in front of the bar. Calamari was soggy, everything else was fine, but not fabulous as usual at a Capital Grille.Special Features:
- dinearoundduoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is everything fine dining suggests. From the first warm greeting to the evening-end thank you. Our every need was met with all of our special requests. The food was fabulous worth every calorie, prepared to perfection! The service was impeccable and the staff was warm and friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Atlanta Favorite4BucksVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were celebrating a special birthday for my son. Capital Grille never disappoints. One of the best meals I have had in weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014Roselle our server made our lunch. The filet oscar style was a hit with everyone at our table - and prepared perfectly to each of our desired temperature. A memorable experience for a business introduction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyVIPDined on 9/15/2014You can always count on the Capital Grille to be excellent in every way! One of my favorite places for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!CML1VIPDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful steak, good value-priced wine, and great service!Special Features:
- Capital Grille BirthdayCelebrationBirthdayBashLSB13Dined on 9/13/2014Overall service and food was fair. We were disappointed. Did not receive the VIP service we were expecting for the price and the hype. Very pricey. We felt rushed to leave.Special Features: