The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
255 East Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4042621162x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jose Laos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
118 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (98)romantic (70)notable wine list (60)good for groups (40)scenic view (40)fit for foodies (36)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (20)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Always a pleasure!ChrisDined on 10/19/2014I just love it here. Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014The waitress really went out of her way to make sure we had a memorable experience. The food was fantastic, the wine list was really impressive. We were really happy with our experience and definitely going to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ask for Melissa!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/18/2014My fiancee and I come here as often as we can. The staff is very knowledgeable and friendly and the food is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jo1234Dined on 10/13/2014We had a much better experience than our last 2 times. Our waier, Kobe, was phenomenal. Outstanding.Special Features:
- Excellent Dinner ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/12/2014Food and service were excellent making for a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my favorite place in AtlantastkloverDined on 10/12/2014The steak! That is all i really need to say. Good food, amazing sides, great wine, and perfect view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SERVERVIPDined on 10/10/2014We had a child with us for lunch. I must say the wait person aaas very tentative to her. But I would admonish that it is not a place for unruly children.Special Features:
- SuzcatDined on 10/3/2014Loved the Wagu Beef Burger special comes egg on top and with glass of Jordan cab... ummm great ... AWESOME ViewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againSteakmanVIPDined on 10/2/2014Everything but the quality of steak was fine. Dog meat. Fancy dancing around quality when asked. 10 other better steaks within 1 mile.
- Incredibly Great MealkingrogersDined on 9/30/2014My dinner guest and I both really enjoyed the calamari appetizer. He raved that it was the best calamari he had ever had. Our Porterhouse steaks were fantastic, perfectly done medium rare. Wine list is awesome and the bottle of wine we had was wonderful. Service was impeccable. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Great Service, Meal, all was great!FirstTimerDined on 9/28/2014Corey was our server... one of the best waiters that I have experienced all over the world. This was my wife's and I first time going out since we had our second child and the staff couldn't be more helpful and wonderful for our meal. Truly a very memorable experience, and not a bad part to our experience.Special Features:
- Elegant & BeautifulMillieBoyersVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very nice experience we will go there again. Great Food, Wine, Bread & Service.Special Features:
- Great spotMilocastroDined on 9/26/2014The Capital Grille is my favorite restaurant and I always feel at homeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible food.MJH118Dined on 9/25/2014Everything was perfect! I will definitely go back next time I'm in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CapitalOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/21/2014I dine out six times a month. First time having dinner here at Capital Ive always had lunch. Service perfect, food perfect and wine list is excellent. The bartender and wait staff are warm inviting and personable. Michelle are waiter was spot on with just enough attention and not hovering. Id highly recommend Capital and will be dining again.Special Features:
- Great!!!!LutherDined on 9/20/2014It was absolutely fantastic! The waiters were very attentive to the needs of the guest and the food was absolutely amazing.Special Features:
- Not my favorite Capital GrilledrjlopezVIPDined on 9/20/2014We have been to Capital Grilles in Boston, Naples, Philadelphia, and Indianapolis and they are all better than this one. Had to wait in bar for our table which was 20 minutes late in being ready. Usually not a problem because we can get a drink in the bar, but in 20 minutes no one ever waited on us and we were sitting and the bar in front of the bar. Calamari was soggy, everything else was fine, but not fabulous as usual at a Capital Grille.Special Features:
- dinearoundduoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant is everything fine dining suggests. From the first warm greeting to the evening-end thank you. Our every need was met with all of our special requests. The food was fabulous worth every calorie, prepared to perfection! The service was impeccable and the staff was warm and friendly. I would highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Atlanta Favorite4BucksVIPDined on 9/19/2014We were celebrating a special birthday for my son. Capital Grille never disappoints. One of the best meals I have had in weeks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for business lunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014Roselle our server made our lunch. The filet oscar style was a hit with everyone at our table - and prepared perfectly to each of our desired temperature. A memorable experience for a business introduction.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BettyVIPDined on 9/15/2014You can always count on the Capital Grille to be excellent in every way! One of my favorite places for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!CML1VIPDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful steak, good value-priced wine, and great service!Special Features:
- Capital Grille BirthdayCelebrationBirthdayBashLSB13Dined on 9/13/2014Overall service and food was fair. We were disappointed. Did not receive the VIP service we were expecting for the price and the hype. Very pricey. We felt rushed to leave.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014As usual, great food, great service. Our waiter was awesome and Jimmy the bartender was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food and great service yet again, CG never fails!Special Features:
- nothing spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Not bad but not great. I suppose we would go back but will likely move on to somewhere else. Overall I would give it a B/B-.Special Features:
- Great AnniversarytonedoutDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the dinner and the table selection was perfect. The staff was friendly and greeted us by name. The food recommendations were spot on and we were both very happy with the choices we made.Special Features:
- derekdrew59Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went there for her birthday. The service was quick and efficient. I know that the servers split tips at the end of the night because my niece works at the one in Tampa, FL. there is always someone close by taking care of you. Food was exceptional. Atmosphere was exceptional. I told them it was my wife's birthday so we got free dessert and the whole experience made both of us feel special. It is pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014Great food and service. Have never been disappointed with any Capital Grille and this is no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love it!JennyDined on 8/22/2014This is our "go to" for a fancy dinner when we're in the mood to go to DT Atlanta! great steaks, seafood, wine and the Stoli Doli's are amazing!Special Features:
- Food was great, service outstandingjawsatlDined on 8/22/2014Really enjoyed our anniversary at Capital Grille. First time we've been here and was a great experience. Although they are known for their steaks, we were more intrigued with their side dishes and desserts. The steak was great but not as crusted (Kona crusted) nor seasoned as I had hoped. Given the cost per entree, about $45, I would have expected better. The service was phenomenal overall. We were treated like a king and queen as soon as we dropped our car off with the valet and continued through the entire meal. Given that we try to experience a new restaurant every anniversary, I am not sure when I'd come back to Capital Grille, but would recommend to others. If I were looking for the best steak in town, I would have to choose Chops.Special Features:
- Always GreatFoodLoverDined on 8/15/2014Always love eating here. Service and food are amazing, it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceEatNOutDined on 8/15/2014Melissa Heffernan is a great waiter provided excellent service!Special Features:
- Good not GreatThrasherDawgDined on 8/15/2014We dined to celebrate our anniversary. Because I made note of our anniversary in the reservation, heart shaped confetti was sprinkled on our table, a nice touch. We elected to try the "Generous Pour" promotion, and while it was nice to try several different exclusive wines, it took almost 30 minutes to get our first glass, and the pour was far from "generous". This meant waiting for the server to come back around to get another small pour. Overall, for $25 pp, I feel like we got an equivalent amount of wine, but should have just chosen a nice bottle for $50-$60. The food was excellent. We had smoked salmon for appetizer, and bone in filet for main course with Lobster Mac and cheese for side. Ambiance seems a little tired and stuffy.Special Features:
- OutstandingAlwaysDiningOutVIPDined on 8/13/2014From the moment our large group entered the restaurant until the moment we left, our experience was superb. The service by everyone was attentive, friendly but not overbearing. Starting with the Fried Lobster appetizer and ending with the Chocolate Hazlenut Cake for dessert and all the salads, soups and main dishes in between were perfectly prepared and delicious. And we had the perfect bottle of wine to complement the dinner. Thank you for enabling our group to truly enjoy our total experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service-excellent food-StevieMacVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great ambience, did I say Great food.....this place is always the best.Special Features:
- Excellent every timeBeerbrewerVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have visited various locations around the country and they are consistently good. We started with some oysters and salads, which were very solid. Dinner was steak, lobster and grouper - all were excellent and were accompanies by sides of potatoes and vegetables. We skipped dessert, but brought our own wine which was expertly served by our server (who was very good)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!FineDiningVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have visited many times and have never been disappointed. The service and food are over the top. Keep in mind it's not inexpensive but I am a firm believer in that you get what you pay for! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dochlwdDined on 8/2/2014disappointed. For the amount I spent on dinner I expected so much more! Steak was good but not seasoned well. Service was somewhat slow. This was my first time, not sure if I wil be back.
- The best ever!Foodie4everDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was everything I imagined and more! The food was great and the steaks were cooked just right. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and excellent. I can't wait until my next visit.Special Features: