The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
255 East Paces Ferry Road
Atlanta, GA 30305Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4042621162x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jose Laos
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
The Capital Grille - Buckhead, Atlanta reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (103)romantic (79)notable wine list (62)scenic view (43)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (23)great for lunch (20)hot spot (8)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (7)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- BettyVIPDined on 9/15/2014You can always count on the Capital Grille to be excellent in every way! One of my favorite places for lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!CML1VIPDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful steak, good value-priced wine, and great service!Special Features:
- Capital Grille BirthdayCelebrationBirthdayBashLSB13Dined on 9/13/2014Overall service and food was fair. We were disappointed. Did not receive the VIP service we were expecting for the price and the hype. Very pricey. We felt rushed to leave.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014As usual, great food, great service. Our waiter was awesome and Jimmy the bartender was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/12/2014Excellent food and great service yet again, CG never fails!Special Features:
- nothing spectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014Not bad but not great. I suppose we would go back but will likely move on to somewhere else. Overall I would give it a B/B-.Special Features:
- Great AnniversarytonedoutDined on 9/7/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the dinner and the table selection was perfect. The staff was friendly and greeted us by name. The food recommendations were spot on and we were both very happy with the choices we made.Special Features:
- derekdrew59Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I went there for her birthday. The service was quick and efficient. I know that the servers split tips at the end of the night because my niece works at the one in Tampa, FL. there is always someone close by taking care of you. Food was exceptional. Atmosphere was exceptional. I told them it was my wife's birthday so we got free dessert and the whole experience made both of us feel special. It is pricey but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2014Great food and service. Have never been disappointed with any Capital Grille and this is no exception.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we love it!JennyDined on 8/22/2014This is our "go to" for a fancy dinner when we're in the mood to go to DT Atlanta! great steaks, seafood, wine and the Stoli Doli's are amazing!Special Features:
- Food was great, service outstandingjawsatlDined on 8/22/2014Really enjoyed our anniversary at Capital Grille. First time we've been here and was a great experience. Although they are known for their steaks, we were more intrigued with their side dishes and desserts. The steak was great but not as crusted (Kona crusted) nor seasoned as I had hoped. Given the cost per entree, about $45, I would have expected better. The service was phenomenal overall. We were treated like a king and queen as soon as we dropped our car off with the valet and continued through the entire meal. Given that we try to experience a new restaurant every anniversary, I am not sure when I'd come back to Capital Grille, but would recommend to others. If I were looking for the best steak in town, I would have to choose Chops.Special Features:
- Always GreatFoodLoverDined on 8/15/2014Always love eating here. Service and food are amazing, it never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceEatNOutDined on 8/15/2014Melissa Heffernan is a great waiter provided excellent service!Special Features:
- Good not GreatThrasherDawgDined on 8/15/2014We dined to celebrate our anniversary. Because I made note of our anniversary in the reservation, heart shaped confetti was sprinkled on our table, a nice touch. We elected to try the "Generous Pour" promotion, and while it was nice to try several different exclusive wines, it took almost 30 minutes to get our first glass, and the pour was far from "generous". This meant waiting for the server to come back around to get another small pour. Overall, for $25 pp, I feel like we got an equivalent amount of wine, but should have just chosen a nice bottle for $50-$60. The food was excellent. We had smoked salmon for appetizer, and bone in filet for main course with Lobster Mac and cheese for side. Ambiance seems a little tired and stuffy.Special Features:
- OutstandingAlwaysDiningOutVIPDined on 8/13/2014From the moment our large group entered the restaurant until the moment we left, our experience was superb. The service by everyone was attentive, friendly but not overbearing. Starting with the Fried Lobster appetizer and ending with the Chocolate Hazlenut Cake for dessert and all the salads, soups and main dishes in between were perfectly prepared and delicious. And we had the perfect bottle of wine to complement the dinner. Thank you for enabling our group to truly enjoy our total experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Service-excellent food-StevieMacVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great food, great ambience, did I say Great food.....this place is always the best.Special Features:
- Perfect!FineDiningVIPDined on 8/9/2014I have visited many times and have never been disappointed. The service and food are over the top. Keep in mind it's not inexpensive but I am a firm believer in that you get what you pay for! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dochlwdDined on 8/2/2014disappointed. For the amount I spent on dinner I expected so much more! Steak was good but not seasoned well. Service was somewhat slow. This was my first time, not sure if I wil be back.
- The best ever!Foodie4everDined on 8/2/2014The restaurant was everything I imagined and more! The food was great and the steaks were cooked just right. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and excellent. I can't wait until my next visit.Special Features:
- Incredible!Atlanta404Dined on 8/2/2014This was my first time coming here - it was to celebrate my fiancé's birthday. Everything was absolutely incredible. The service, the food, the atmosphere. Wish the valet lot was more easily accessible, but not terrible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingfalconDined on 8/1/2014Superb bone-on tenderloin and seafood appetizer. I was impressed with food quality & service. Expensive but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- words can't adequately explain it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014I recommend the porcini delmonaco bone in ribeye. lobster macaroni and asparagus.GOD BLESS CAPITAL GRILLE!! ALWAYS ASK 4 ALEXIS SOR DWAYNE TO ADD TO AN EXCEPTIONAL DINING EXPERIENCE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great dinner at the CapitaljohnnyoDined on 7/24/2014See my other reviews, but a great dinner and a great place- the finest in the chain. Bone in filet- 16 oz- was great. Done Medium Rare + it was a machine. They say they might add this as a normal menu item soon. The sides were great, as usual. Lobster Mac, Au Gratin, Creamed Corn. Dessert was good- coconut cream pie always a great item here in Atlanta! Service was good, but we've had better here. I couldn't seem to keep the Coke flowing to the table... had to keep asking. They were a bit busier than the other night, but still...
- Fabulous Birthday LunchFlosshildeDined on 7/22/2014This was where my mother wanted to go for lunch on her 88 th birthday. It could not have been a more wonderful experience! The staff was great, the food wonderful, and my mother was even given a birthday gift as well as complimentary dessert for the table. We were made to feel so welcome and were even given printed pictures of our party! Thanks so much to the Capital Grille, our server Alexandra, and the entire staff for making my mother's birthday so special. (As a side note,when my mother comes to lunch here with her other 80+ year old friends,she is treated like royalty. This tells me that it is not only special occasions that instigate this special service ,but that it is a standard of this restaurant). Well Done!Special Features:
- Benchmark of the ChainjohnnyoDined on 7/21/2014Food was great- they do the creamed corn the best, the coconut cream pie is tops, and the service from Heather and team- impeccable. The 16oz Bone In Filet was really done nicely. Overall, a fantastic experience and one we make sure to repeat whenever in Atlanta. Have been to Seattle, DC, NYC, Las Vegas, Denver, and Orlando- this is the best.
- Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2014Our waitress Ronny H was EXCEPTIONAL!! We would definitely go back and ask to be to seated in her area.Special Features:
- Anniverary SurprisesFrizzleDined on 7/16/2014This was a special occasion for us. It was our anniversary. They not only put hearts on our table but they surprised us with a lovely dessert with a candle in the center. But the best part, the waitress took our picture and presented it a cardboard frame.Special Features:
- Great experienceRobertVIPDined on 7/15/2014I had a first date dinner and we started with a drink at the bar. The bartender Kurt made a fantastic Long Island Ice Tea and was very knowledgeable about the wines for my date. Kurt made paying very simple and transferred the bill over to my dinner tab, which I thought was great. My server was a very nice young man also named Curt. His service was impeccable and he also went out of his way to see if the chef could cook something off the menu, which they did! Curt really seemed to understand the dynamics of my table and worked very effectively at providing excellent service and still allowing us to talk. His timing on checking on us was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille ATLSummer2014Dined on 7/12/2014As usual, the atmosphere is amazing. My wife and I chose to go out to a nice place and the Buckhead Capital Grille is always our favorite. I have never had anything but the best each time I visit here. I did have a small issue this past time I visited with my steak preparation but they were more than willing to fix it anyway they could. I would recommend The Buckhead Capital Grille to anyone looking for fine dining with a great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014Waiter Corey was Great. Very attentive. And knew his stuff. Very professional. Dinner was amazing. Food was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerWithDelightDined on 7/5/2014My first time at Capital Grill and it was very nice. Celebrating a Belated Father's Day for a gentleman who has stepped up as a Father figure for my son. We just wanted to say Thank You to him in a very special way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital Grille is excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/3/2014We have visited Capital Grille for many special occasions over the last 10 years and it always excels in food and service! Great place for either a small or large group of people, and the lighting, atmosphere and ambiance are just right.Special Features:
- One of the best filets we've hadFoxyBrownFoodieDined on 6/28/2014My husband and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary by dining at the Capital Grille. This was our first time at the restaurant; we chose it based on the high/favorable reviews it has received on Open Table and Trip Advisor. Fortunately, Capital Grille definitely lived up to its reputation and surpassed our expectations. We have eaten at countless fine steakhouses across the U.S. and abroad, and few can hold a candle to the Capital Grille's filet mignon. It was juicy, tender, flavorful, and melted in our mouths! We had creamed spinach, which was just okay, but the mashed potatoes were delicious. We have found our new favorite local steakhouse...we'll definitely be dining there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TimmyVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great restaurant - great food and service. Outstanding. I try and visit once a month.Special Features:
- Awesome experienceDasFleezyDined on 6/27/2014Lobster and crab cakes. Delicious. Lobster mac and cheese. Delicious. Wife had the salmon and I had the porcini rubbed ribeye. Both outstanding. Expensive, yes. But worth the splurge. Seriously the steak was really, really good. From the cut and selection to the aging to the dry rubbed spices topped with the balsamic? Seriously? Insanely delicious. The nighttime view of the Atlanta sky line is pretty sweet as well. Go and enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillandBarb49Dined on 6/26/2014The food, wine and service were excellent. The noise level was much quieter than most Atlanta restaurants.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!SharonBDined on 6/25/2014We have been going to the Capital Grille for years and we are never disappointed! We visited most recently on our 31st wedding anniversary and enjoyed a wonderful dinner! The food, staff and the views were all wonderful.Special Features:
- AmazingAnneVIPDined on 6/21/2014I hadn't been in years and my husband had never been. He's a steak connoisseur so I was interested to see what he thought. He loved the steak. I mean LOVED!! I had the Chilean Sea Bass and it was the best I've ever had!! We will be back!!Special Features:
- NSBDMGVIPDined on 6/20/2014Food consistently good--service excellent. We enjoy visiting every once in a while to just catch a very good meal!Special Features:
- Anniversary dinner under deliveredPoolgaleatsVIPDined on 6/19/2014The service and ambiance was excellent. That said, our medium rare filet came out medium and when sent back, it then came out perfectly cooked on the inside but barely room temp on the outside. The lobster was cool. Moving on to dessert my cappuccino was barely lukewarm, the requested expresso was equally so. We sent back both beverages and on the second run it was fine. Not sure what the deal is, but we will think again on this one. For a $300 dinner for two people you expect perfection. This was outrageous.