The Capital Grille - Boston
900 Boylston Street
at Dalton Street Entrance
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (617) 262-8900
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Monday – Thurs. 5:00pm – 10:00pm,
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm; bar and lounge open daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Cox
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Boston
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
The Capital Grille - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
290 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (226)notable wine list (140)romantic (125)fit for foodies (111)good for groups (109)vibrant bar scene (65)hot spot (62)neighborhood gem (40)great for lunch (32)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Fantastic experienceStano89Dined on 11/22/2014Steaks and sides were melt in your mouth, service was exceptional and had a wonderfule experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect dining experience.DinnerloverVIPDined on 11/21/2014Thank you for the wonderful evening. The food and service were terrific !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch hourCJCbostonVIPDined on 11/11/2014So convenient to the Hynes with enough fast simple and tasty options to make this one a great choice in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Legit ReviewServiceFoodGreatDined on 11/8/2014First off i need to say this was an amazing find for a special occassion dinner with my girlfriend. The reviews are outstanding and we had some doubt but this plave was absolutely incredible. The service was out of this world, we showed up about an hour after our reservation because we drove to the wrong location and the servers and hostess found us a table within 20 minutes with a full crowd. Honestly the location in boston was well worth the confusion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid Steak House ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 11/8/2014The place is good, not exceptional. So, nice steak house experience but not particularly memorable... good. Nice ambiance... like the new location vs. the old one on Newbury St.
- DinnersuburbanistaDined on 11/7/2014Had a business dinner for 5 and the staff was great. Would recommend Capital Grill for business or pleasure.Special Features:
- Great mealJosephDined on 10/31/2014As usual, The Capital Grill was excellent with great and attentive service. Will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousDelishDined on 10/31/2014Delicious as always - it remains one of my favorites in BostonSpecial Features:
- great managergoingouttodineDined on 10/28/2014Had a problem the first time we dined here. The kitchen messed up the order. However the manager Dave went overboard to compensate us for it by picking up the entire tab. Outstanding manager response and we will continue to go here knowing management cares to make the experience right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic steakLauguDined on 10/27/2014This restaurant is outstanding. Great steaks and great service abound here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Place in TownPatrickDined on 10/26/2014My girlfriends parents as well as her sister were in town from Japan and wanted an to go to a restaurant like none other. Thank you for making it such a memorable experience! We certainly loved every minute of our two hour dining session from the moment we were greeted when coming in the door to the moment we left! Hands down truly the best place in Boston to dine at!Special Features:
- Great eveningInelDined on 10/24/2014We had a great evening fantastic food and wine, and The attention from the waiter never failed.Special Features:
- Hostess can't do her jobOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Changed reservation with the hostess, actually called about it twice. She never changed it and left it at the original time. And then when I called to find out what happened.....she pretended to not know who made the error when it was clearly HER. Make sure to get names when you make reservations there.Special Features:
- Our AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014We were celebrating our 34th Anniversary and had made note on the reservation. When we arrived we were led to a private booth. The white table cloth was sprinkled with red rose petals and heart confetti! They brought us complimentary champagne and desserts! It was amazing! The food delicious and service top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingPeterDined on 10/18/2014The service was impeccable from the Valet to the waiter. Very pleasant, the server, can't recall his name was friendly, informative and honest. The wine list was fantastic. Everything from the appetizer to the desert was spot on. Service was on time. Expected it to be more pricier but I thought the prices were reasonable. Will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- Awesome!GmaneatsDined on 10/18/2014It was our 17th anniversary and they decorated our table and provided a complimentary dessert. The service was tremendous and both our dinners were perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet dinnertimbob2Dined on 10/18/2014I booked through trip advisor using open table reservation and asked for a quiet dinning place and got it in the side room we were very pleased and had a great meal, the noise in the main grill room was immense and would not have been acceptable on this date but it barely intruded on our seating area. Brilliant steaks but found the Fries with parmesan/Truffle a bit overpowering, stunning wine list and i found the prices pretty good value. Adam Barbosa our waiter deserves special mention ,his service was the best i have ever received in the USA, he is an absolute role model and many could learn from him. I will be back !!!Special Features:
- ExcellentDianefDined on 10/17/2014Dinner was terrific. From the appetizers to dessert everything was incredible. Our sever Adam was the best. He was knowledgeable and super nice. The lobster and crab cakes are a must try... Very good. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rock Star treatmentlinderluuDined on 10/15/2014I took a friend for his 55th birthday and he was floored by the service, the menu, as well as the ambiance. great place for a special occasion. linda cavaleriSpecial Features:
- Great mealTotalfoodieVIPDined on 10/15/2014Burger and wine special=amazing; caesar salad= great; Lobster mac and cheese= to die forSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerPrincessPVIPDined on 10/13/2014My boyfriend and I came here for a special occasion, and let me just say we were not let down. The food was absolutely impeccable - pricey, but that's to be expected at one of Boston's most notable fine dining restaurants. Though we were also two of the youngest guests on the scene, our server was very hospitable and made us feel very welcome in the dimly lit, romantic back dining room. Would most definitely come here again for another special occasion date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great foodKathyDined on 10/13/2014Love the quality of the foods!! Never a missed step in service or quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Business Dining!!!Hayashi56VIPDined on 10/13/2014Steak, atmosphere and location simply the best in Boston! I have been using this restaurant for my VIP customer dining for the last three months. Common reaction from my customers - best wine and steak they have experienced in USA. BTW, the service is second to none. I am looking forward to go back there again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousLolaDined on 10/12/2014Best meat I have had in Boston. If you love meat... and you are willing to pay 40 or 50 dollars for a plate this is the right place to go.Special Features:
- Outstanding experiencekathyDined on 10/11/2014We went for our anniversary, usually go to Burlington but had bad experience our last time there so decided to try Boston, and will come back here every time now based on such a wonderful experience. I had requested a booth and informed the restaurant it was our anniversary when making the reservation. They had a booth waiting with rose petals on the table, a card signed by the staff and champagne toast. On a previous visit to Burlington I had made the same note in our reservation and no accommodations were made for us. The service and food were great, as usual from the Capital and they also brought out complimentary dessert with Happy Anniversary stenciled on the plate which was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but priceySouthEndGuy1Dined on 10/10/2014Service here was excellent and there were wines available that did not break the bank. However when all is said and done, for me a steak is a steak is a steak and while I know the steaks here are top-grade and the prices probably not out of line for contemporary top of the line steak houses, I found that the meal - the bill for which included one of those moderately priced wines, a single pre-dinner drink and tip amounted to close to $300 - was not interesting enough for me to plan on a return visit in the near future.Special Features:
- Get together niteElaineVIPDined on 10/2/2014Wonderful food, service and company Great locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gfs BdayFirstTimerDined on 10/1/2014They were very accomodating to my requests. Also, they have a few surprises if you let them know it's a special occasion. Most importantly the food is UNREAL.Special Features:
- Steaks are very good not excellentWorldtravelerDined on 9/27/2014We ate at Capital Grille for the first time. We are from a major southeastern tourist city, so we have been accustomed to great food. The wine list was exceptional, both in breadth but also fairly priced. One of a few restaurants using IPads for tasting notes and a nice option to email the notes to yourself. The steaks were very good, but lacked heavy Midwestern beef flavor. The Delmonico encrusted with porcini mushrooms and glazed with balsamic was unique, but the balsamic overpowered the beef. Ask for the room in back for a much quieter, intimate experience if that's what you are after. The main dining room is much more "lively." The desserts were excellent. Overall a very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food, loud placeRichardMDined on 9/27/2014The food was to die for! If you love steak, this is your place. There is no "type" of patron at this establishment; some are dressed in t shirts and shorts, while others are dressed in suits and ties. I thought the restaurant would have more of a "romantic" feel, but it felt more like a bar with the loud talking.Special Features:
- Excellent steakhousepeacetoallVIPDined on 9/27/2014It is exactly what you want from a steakhouse- reliably excellent food, good service, nice atmosphere. They don't break any new ground here, but what they do, they do very well.
- Still a ChainEP2014Dined on 9/26/2014Service at the front desk was terrible. They were unprofessional and treated my wife and I poorly. The rest of the staff was good but not personable.
- Excellent Service & FoodksdinerDined on 9/25/2014I brought my wife here for her birthday while visiting Boston and had a wonderful experience. They had her table decorated and a signed card from the staff to start off the evening. This was followed by excellent appetizers (Lobster/Crab Cake), steaks and lobster, a few sides (half orders) and a birthday dessert sampler. The cheesecake was out of sight on the sampler so we ordered a full order..yum! Great atmosphere, service and all around experience!Special Features:
- SandyDined on 9/25/2014We spent our 45th anniversary here and they couldn't have made it more special. Brad went out of his way to make it a memorable night. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverDined on 9/21/2014Did exactly what I requested, the only problem was that our designated waiter, was intent on looking down his nose at us all evening, with a smug and pretentious air. The food was good as was the wine, the price was up there too.. Would I go back...probably not as I felt uncomfortable..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodshawnDined on 9/21/2014Everything about our dining experience was superb,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good choice after BSOOroroinaDined on 9/20/2014We went to Capital Grill after the concert at Boston Symphony Orchestra. Our booking was at 10:30 and we did not wait for our table. The restaurant set is very nice, the service more than attentive and the food very good (but not outstanding)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014One of the best restaurants in the city. The waiter, the manager, the cooks were all welcoming and showed great customer service.Special Features:
- IncredibleZandomanDined on 9/20/2014Easily the best meal of my entire life. The service was from Malik was perfection, the food was to notch and I couldn't have been happierSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014The Capital grill in Boston was absolutely 5 star dining at it's very best can't wait to go back service was excellent see you soon CGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.