The Capital Grille - Boston
900 Boylston Street
at Dalton Street Entrance
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6172628900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Monday – Thurs. 5:00pm – 10:00pm,
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm; bar and lounge open daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Cox
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Boston
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
The Capital Grille - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (194)romantic (125)notable wine list (109)good for groups (86)fit for foodies (77)vibrant bar scene (55)hot spot (41)great for lunch (36)neighborhood gem (34)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (6)scenic view (4)Show More
- A very special experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I dined at the Capital Grille during Dine out Boston. What a special experience! From the service to the food, all was exceptional. We ordered the kona steak and fillet with porcini rub. Both were masterfully done. We also ordered the generous pour with our meal, which allowed us unlimited tastes of 7 lovely wines paired excellently with the food. Our wonderful server, Adam, took us smoothly through each course with wine pairings allowing us to linger to enjoy each one to its fullest. To end, we had the flourless chocolate cake, which was like a decadent, oversized truffle. Delicious! Thank you, Capital Grille, for an amazing 5 star experience.Special Features:
- noisy & crowded - excellent serviceLaurieADined on 8/29/2014Four of us went on a Friday evening at the end of Restaurant Week. It was busy but we were seated and served promptly. Food was really good. Fantastic steaks. Even better were the 2 veg sides: mashed potatoes & green beans. We had the cheesecake & the flourless chocolate cake. Great. The people next to us ordered off the regular menu. Their salads & desserts were huge! Ours were just the right size and as it is, we still brought home a doggie bag.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Our sever was fantastic he was warm, friendly and knowledgable. My family had a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:
- Out of this worldOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014This was my 3rd time dinning at Capital Grille, and it will not be my last. Each time I have dined at the Capital Grille the food had been out if this world. I had started off with the Lobster Bisque & garden salad which were fantastic. The Filet Mignon was so tender, and melted in my mouth. I have to tell this restaurant has the best customer service I have ever experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014If it wasn't for restaurant week, we would not have been able to go. We are so glad they participate. We the loved the service and food.Special Features:
- Great restaurantCharDined on 8/29/2014I went to this restaurant during the restaurant week. Quality and price are suitable. I will go there again and recommend this restaurant for my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch ExperienceTonibVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was a great experience Zack was very attentive. He was also very knowledgeable of the extensive wine list and able to suggest a wine to compliment the meal.Special Features:
- Great night outGwineDined on 8/28/2014The overall experience was excellent! My filet mignon was good but could be way better especially for their reputation when it comes to steak. It was a bit dry but still soft. I hope in the near future they'd be able to serve some warm bread to people with a gluten allergy, however, they have a good GF variety.Special Features:
- Not worth it.EAalisonVIPDined on 8/28/2014Paid waaay too much money for a medium rare steak that was RARE in the middle and Well done/dry on the outside. While the food was good/ok, I certainly expect far better for the price point. pretty disappointed. won't be coming back.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekbillfall89Dined on 8/27/2014The whole experience was amazing. The only thing that could have been better was the speed of service. It took 45 minutes after sitting down for them to take our drink order then another 45 to take our food order. It was worth the wait. The restaurant week menu and generous pour wine deal were more than generous portions. My group really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We had the filet mignon. Cooked how we asked for it. Service was excellent . . . friendly and professional. Highly recommended. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KonaKonaDined on 8/27/2014The Kona encrusted steak is one of the most delicious steaks you could ever order.Special Features:
- Birthday ExperienceHappyBirthday65Dined on 8/27/2014Our Capital Grille experience was extremely positive on August 27, 2014. I emailed we would be celebrating my husband Joe’s 65th birthday. We sat at the Bar while we waited for our two children to arrive. Drinks were flavorful. The Bartenders were friendly. Our son was late arriving. Nevertheless, our table was waiting for us when he arrived. Once in the dining room we sat at a booth with a Happy Birthday card waiting for my husband. Angelina delivered a surprise Champagne toast. The food entries served were excellent. Angelina’s service was excellent throughout the evening. We enjoyed our overall experience at the Capitol Grille. We will request Angelina when we return.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCEShayNayDined on 8/26/2014The food was Fantastic, I had the Filet and it was cooked perfectly and practically melted in my mouth. Our server Chris W., was attentive and very knowledgeable. I mentioned that it was my boyfriends birthday when I made the reservation and the staff decorated the table and had everyone sign a card wishing him a Happy Birthday. It was a small touch that really made us feel special. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014I like the old place better the new spot is too corporate.
- A great timeAnonymousVIPDined on 8/25/2014My friend and I enjoyed our second restaurant week dinner combined with the Generous Pour wine event. It was as good as the regular menu (I'm a regular) and a great value. Food was cooked precisely as ordered. Mimi was a great server and we hope to see her again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningHappyVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a great meal with restaurant menu and the generous pour. Everything was cooked perfectly, the wines a nice selection , and the waiter was super. It of course was very busy with restaurant week but we got everything on a timely schedule and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food & ServiceMichelleDined on 8/24/2014Our waiter made the experience amazing. His recommendations where spot on!Special Features:
- Another excellent mealRickyDVIPDined on 8/24/2014I'm not surprised since they've NEVER let me down. Remains our #1 go to place for special occasions.Special Features:
- great meal overall!MandyLewDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I had a great meal at the Capital Grille. Our waiter was wonderful, our food was great, and I would certainly go back on a special occasion! The dessert was to die for, and I'm not even really a dessert person. I will go back for the flourless chocolate cake alone!Special Features:
- A nice night outcmaye35Dined on 8/23/2014The one thing with the Capital Grille is you know you are going to get great food. Our food was very good. Bone-in Kona Sirloin is a killer choice. Our services was great up until our waiter had a few more tables. The buswoman failed to clear plates on time as well as plates at nearby tables. Not a big deal, but did not make the experience as good as it could have. It would not deter us from heading back. Hard to beat the food and we know there is a great chance our service is top notch the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great greatKlm12155Dined on 8/22/2014Consistent , always perfect. Our waiter was a little too snobby and not cool compared to waiters I have had in the past - kinda awkward but aside from that the food was beyond delicious and cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great serviceemw26Dined on 8/22/2014Having dined at many Capital Grille locations, I was expecting a superior level of customer service and a great culinary experience. This was the first time I have ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. Once our order was placed, the level of attention from our server dropped dramatically. We had to flag down other servers for nearly every request. When our server did stop at our table, she was very bisque. The highlight was when she cleared by boyfriend's entree while he was still chewing. Our check was dropped on our table a few minutes after dessert had been served. The food was on par with Capital Grille's standard, but the service left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was my second visit but felt rushed during diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome during Dine Out BostonCFlynnWinthropMADined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful dinner and service was superb, as always! The generous wine pour was just that, generous! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, decent food, not a good valueChrisDined on 8/22/2014The food was your average decent steakhouse food - good but not amazing. The music was too loud causing people to talk louder. Also it's an open kitchen so there's clanking there, too - especially bad if you get seated in the seats that are right next to the kitchen. There are no seats with a good view because the restaurant's inside is very basic (nothing special) and right off the street with no surrounding views. Value for your buck is low because the food is only good -- not awesome, and the ambience is not as good as other $$$$ restaurants.
- Would have been great BUT......JrealtorDined on 8/22/2014Went as part of dining out week. The special menu selections were varied with great choices. Three in our party had steak which was excellent as were the sides and desserts. BUT they offered chicken as a choice. Was very over cooked and so dry that it was not eaten. Asked for some type of sauce. When the sauce didn't help she explained her disappointment to the waiter (who was very good and professional) who sent the manager over. Manager quickly apologed, stated he was having a problem with the chicken dishes. It was very dry when he ate it. He then offered dessert drinks. If he knew it was dry why serve it. Expect more from Capital Grill .I would have comped the uneaten dinner or offered to bring something else out to eat?
- always a special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014great food, always go restaurant week. wonderful service, you know how to do it best out of all the steak houses in boston........... consistantly good, great location and top notch wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night OutRNNPDined on 8/21/2014We had a late dinner but it was so worth it! The service was great ,the food was delicious, and who can beat te restaurant week price? I would definitely recommend going :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjojoDined on 8/21/2014I love the capital grill. Filet Mignon melts in your mouth and the service is impeccable. Went during restaurant week, what a great value. Such an excellent dining experience!Special Features:
- Best Steak in BostonOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014The Capital Grille consistently impresses, and in my opinion offers the best steak of any Boston steakhouse. My friends and I dined here for Dine Out Boston this year - what a delicious meal for a terrific price. I ordered the 8 oz. filet in the signature kona krust, which was cooked to perfection. Everyone ordered a different cut of steak and all were equally impressed. The salads, sides, and desserts were all great too, though the steak was the star of the night. Can't wait for a reason to go back to the Capital Grille.Special Features:
- Amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/21/2014The food was excellent! Everything was flavorful and worth savoring. Even their sides--green beans and mashed potatoes--taste great. Their flourless chocolate cake melts in your mouth. The cheesecake was fluffy and had a perfect glaze.Special Features:
- Excellent againPc5615Dined on 8/21/2014Capital Grille always delivers excellent food with outstanding service. We had perfect steaks and our server was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunchbd2438Dined on 8/21/2014We went for Dine Out Boston and the service and food were great. We had a slight issue with the aged sirloin being chewy, but it was happily replaced with another meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- caggyDined on 8/20/2014Even though it was restaurant week and extremely busy, the food and service were excellent. We were surprised that our experience was top-notch in spite of the crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eveninganonymous88Dined on 8/20/2014you never know with restaurant week, but the food and value was terrific at Capital Grille plus htey had a wine special with 7 wines. was luckily seated in a small room that had just 4 tables so it was nice and quiet. rest of restaurant was booming at 6 PM. Adam our waiter treated us like we were spending 5 x the amount. I have only had great meals at this restaurant.Special Features:
- perfect balance, food and ambiencebostonisawesomeDined on 8/20/2014I think the title of my review sums it up, good food and ambieanceSpecial Features:
- Great PlaceVacationDined on 8/19/2014Other than the 30 minute wait for our table despite having reservations, it's a great restaurant. The service and the meal were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top 10 Meal - Ever!Yum56Dined on 8/19/2014We love The Capital Grille. However, this was by far one of the best dinner experiences we have ever had - anywhere! From the moment we checked in and until we walked out we were treated incredibly well. The white napkins were silently switched with black ones to match our clothing, which I really appreciate. Our server, Adnan was friendly, attentive and knowledgeable. We chose to order from the Restaurant Week menu and were not disappointed. As well we ordered The Generous Pour wine offerings which added a special element to the meal. We could not have asked for a better evening. Thank you Adnan and Capital Grille.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2full2eatanymoreDined on 8/19/2014The food was delicious and they made our anniversary very special.Special Features: