The Capital Grille - Boston
900 Boylston Street
at Dalton Street Entrance
Boston, MA 02115Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Boston
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 6172628900x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Monday – Thurs. 5:00pm – 10:00pm,
Friday and Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday 11:30am - 3:00pm; bar and lounge open daily
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: David Cox
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Boston
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Capital Grille - Boston - Best Restaurants in Back Bay ›
The Capital Grille - Boston reviews from OpenTable diners
268 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (199)romantic (121)notable wine list (114)good for groups (88)fit for foodies (85)vibrant bar scene (58)hot spot (41)great for lunch (37)neighborhood gem (37)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Food was excellentEileenDined on 9/13/2014Not a place for casual or everyday dining, but a good choice for a special night out. Steak is very expensive but good. WIne list was impressive with quite a few choices for $100 and under.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gold foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Excelente beff and good wine... Expensive but ver y good!Special Features:
- Incredible steak houseVonserelliDined on 9/12/2014This is the best filet Mignon I have ever eaten ... Very pricey but worth every penny with fantastic serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No better steak in townOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014The Capital Grille is the perfect location for a fantastic meal. The Boston location keeps to this tradition. The Food is stellar and well worth the cost on special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice for food allergiesSinglemaltDined on 9/11/2014Excellent dining experience - our waiter Ali was outstanding! Took great care to ensure safe dining for someone with food allergies. Wines were amazing - everything was lovelySpecial Features:
- adinerfromCarolinaadinerfromCarolinaDined on 9/9/2014First experience at any Capital Grille.... loved the ambiance.... service was good not great, as reality fell short of expectation for a restaurant of this caliber. Bone-in filet was outstanding as was the grilled asparagus; but, the coconut cream pie fell woefully short of my dream desert.Special Features:
- Impressive! ExcellentGreatDined on 9/8/2014I celebrated my husband's -bday with my 12 year old daughter. LOVE the preparation, service, food! I always love it here. We had an excellent server! Keep of the great reputation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night in bar areaAnonymousVIPDined on 9/5/2014My friend and I had dinner in the bar area at a high top. Our food was cooked perfectly, and our server was excellent. She was attentive, friendly, and handled food allergies (as annoying for restaurant staff as they are for us, I'm sure) professionally.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Stake DinnerHippuroDined on 8/31/2014It was our 25 years anniversary of our wedding vacation visit to Boston area. We ordered Filet Mignon (10oz, cooked as midium rare) and Dry Aged Sirloin Stake (14oz, medium) with Cram Chowder. As for Sirloin Stake, seemed a bit overcooked, bit taste will be quite excellent. Filet Mignon tastses perfect as I expected. Also, I used to order Cram Chowder every night during the trip, the one in this restaurant is the best out of other restaurant to visit. Waiter is very friendly, attentive. We definitely return.Special Features:
- A very special experienceCorinaVIPDined on 8/29/2014My husband and I dined at the Capital Grille during Dine out Boston. What a special experience! From the service to the food, all was exceptional. We ordered the kona steak and fillet with porcini rub. Both were masterfully done. We also ordered the generous pour with our meal, which allowed us unlimited tastes of 7 lovely wines paired excellently with the food. Our wonderful server, Adam, took us smoothly through each course with wine pairings allowing us to linger to enjoy each one to its fullest. To end, we had the flourless chocolate cake, which was like a decadent, oversized truffle. Delicious! Thank you, Capital Grille, for an amazing 5 star experience.Special Features:
- noisy & crowded - excellent serviceLaurieADined on 8/29/2014Four of us went on a Friday evening at the end of Restaurant Week. It was busy but we were seated and served promptly. Food was really good. Fantastic steaks. Even better were the 2 veg sides: mashed potatoes & green beans. We had the cheesecake & the flourless chocolate cake. Great. The people next to us ordered off the regular menu. Their salads & desserts were huge! Ours were just the right size and as it is, we still brought home a doggie bag.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Our sever was fantastic he was warm, friendly and knowledgable. My family had a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:
- Out of this worldLuv2ventureoutDined on 8/29/2014This was my 3rd time dinning at Capital Grille, and it will not be my last. Each time I have dined at the Capital Grille the food had been out if this world. I had started off with the Lobster Bisque & garden salad which were fantastic. The Filet Mignon was so tender, and melted in my mouth. I have to tell this restaurant has the best customer service I have ever experienced!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but...fugakyuloverDined on 8/29/2014I had fillet mignon, and it was great. Desserts and all other foods were great. However, the service was low. I am not a person who wears Chanel, Gucci, or etc. Also, I am young. I had a feeling that the server did not see me as important as other mid-aged people in the restaurant. I am pretty upset, because I paid same amount of money as they did. I did not pay to get such low respect and service. If you are a person who does not care about the quality of service or has Chanel, I recommend this restaurant. If you are young or/and do not have Chanel, I recommend to go to another restaurant that provides great service regardless of your age and look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014If it wasn't for restaurant week, we would not have been able to go. We are so glad they participate. We the loved the service and food.Special Features:
- Great restaurantCharDined on 8/29/2014I went to this restaurant during the restaurant week. Quality and price are suitable. I will go there again and recommend this restaurant for my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch ExperienceTonibVIPDined on 8/29/2014It was a great experience Zack was very attentive. He was also very knowledgeable of the extensive wine list and able to suggest a wine to compliment the meal.Special Features:
- Great Meal!bd2438Dined on 8/29/2014The service and the food were top notch. Great place for lunch or dinner. Nice atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night outGwineDined on 8/28/2014The overall experience was excellent! My filet mignon was good but could be way better especially for their reputation when it comes to steak. It was a bit dry but still soft. I hope in the near future they'd be able to serve some warm bread to people with a gluten allergy, however, they have a good GF variety.Special Features:
- Not worth it.EAalisonVIPDined on 8/28/2014Paid waaay too much money for a medium rare steak that was RARE in the middle and Well done/dry on the outside. While the food was good/ok, I certainly expect far better for the price point. pretty disappointed. won't be coming back.Special Features:
- Restaurant Weekbillfall89Dined on 8/27/2014The whole experience was amazing. The only thing that could have been better was the speed of service. It took 45 minutes after sitting down for them to take our drink order then another 45 to take our food order. It was worth the wait. The restaurant week menu and generous pour wine deal were more than generous portions. My group really enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014We had the filet mignon. Cooked how we asked for it. Service was excellent . . . friendly and professional. Highly recommended. We'll be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KonaKonaDined on 8/27/2014The Kona encrusted steak is one of the most delicious steaks you could ever order.Special Features:
- Always greatDonnaDined on 8/27/2014Dinner at Capital Grill is an event. The wine list is extensive and there are always great suggestions that are paired with the meal. The food is always o distantly great and the staff bends over backwards for you no matter if you spend $30 or $200 per person.even though this is a chain and I hate chains the Capital Grill is worth every cent you consumeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday ExperienceHappyBirthday65Dined on 8/27/2014Our Capital Grille experience was extremely positive on August 27, 2014. I emailed we would be celebrating my husband Joe’s 65th birthday. We sat at the Bar while we waited for our two children to arrive. Drinks were flavorful. The Bartenders were friendly. Our son was late arriving. Nevertheless, our table was waiting for us when he arrived. Once in the dining room we sat at a booth with a Happy Birthday card waiting for my husband. Angelina delivered a surprise Champagne toast. The food entries served were excellent. Angelina’s service was excellent throughout the evening. We enjoyed our overall experience at the Capitol Grille. We will request Angelina when we return.Special Features:
- WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCEShayNayDined on 8/26/2014The food was Fantastic, I had the Filet and it was cooked perfectly and practically melted in my mouth. Our server Chris W., was attentive and very knowledgeable. I mentioned that it was my boyfriends birthday when I made the reservation and the staff decorated the table and had everyone sign a card wishing him a Happy Birthday. It was a small touch that really made us feel special. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, Great wine!BostonLTDined on 8/26/2014This was my second visit to the Capital in a few weeks. I sampled the Generous Pour wine at both visits - an amazing selection of 7 wines. Everyone is sure to find at least 1 they like if not more. The waiters on both occasions took the time to explain what foods each of the wines complimented. I visited during restaurant week so the restaurant was hopping. Everything was perfect from the medium rare filet and creamy clam chowder to the smashed potatoes and green beans. To top it off, the flourless chocolate cake is one of the best! And so convenient, valet at the door!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassicSamiDined on 8/25/2014Went with my boyfriend for restaurant week. Excellent service, from having an iPad with all of the wine listings to helping us select items for dinner. Food was delicious as always, can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- AmbienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2014I like the old place better the new spot is too corporate.
- A great timeAnonymousVIPDined on 8/25/2014My friend and I enjoyed our second restaurant week dinner combined with the Generous Pour wine event. It was as good as the regular menu (I'm a regular) and a great value. Food was cooked precisely as ordered. Mimi was a great server and we hope to see her again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- enjoyable eveningHappyVIPDined on 8/24/2014We had a great meal with restaurant menu and the generous pour. Everything was cooked perfectly, the wines a nice selection , and the waiter was super. It of course was very busy with restaurant week but we got everything on a timely schedule and cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food & ServiceMichelleDined on 8/24/2014Our waiter made the experience amazing. His recommendations where spot on!Special Features:
- Another excellent mealRickyDVIPDined on 8/24/2014I'm not surprised since they've NEVER let me down. Remains our #1 go to place for special occasions.Special Features:
- great meal overall!MandyLewDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend and I had a great meal at the Capital Grille. Our waiter was wonderful, our food was great, and I would certainly go back on a special occasion! The dessert was to die for, and I'm not even really a dessert person. I will go back for the flourless chocolate cake alone!Special Features:
- A nice night outcmaye35Dined on 8/23/2014The one thing with the Capital Grille is you know you are going to get great food. Our food was very good. Bone-in Kona Sirloin is a killer choice. Our services was great up until our waiter had a few more tables. The buswoman failed to clear plates on time as well as plates at nearby tables. Not a big deal, but did not make the experience as good as it could have. It would not deter us from heading back. Hard to beat the food and we know there is a great chance our service is top notch the next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great great greatKlm12155Dined on 8/22/2014Consistent , always perfect. Our waiter was a little too snobby and not cool compared to waiters I have had in the past - kinda awkward but aside from that the food was beyond delicious and cooked to perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great serviceemw26Dined on 8/22/2014Having dined at many Capital Grille locations, I was expecting a superior level of customer service and a great culinary experience. This was the first time I have ordered from the Restaurant Week menu. Once our order was placed, the level of attention from our server dropped dramatically. We had to flag down other servers for nearly every request. When our server did stop at our table, she was very bisque. The highlight was when she cleared by boyfriend's entree while he was still chewing. Our check was dropped on our table a few minutes after dessert had been served. The food was on par with Capital Grille's standard, but the service left a lot to be desired.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was my second visit but felt rushed during diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome during Dine Out BostonCFlynnWinthropMADined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful dinner and service was superb, as always! The generous wine pour was just that, generous! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, decent food, not a good valueChrisDined on 8/22/2014The food was your average decent steakhouse food - good but not amazing. The music was too loud causing people to talk louder. Also it's an open kitchen so there's clanking there, too - especially bad if you get seated in the seats that are right next to the kitchen. There are no seats with a good view because the restaurant's inside is very basic (nothing special) and right off the street with no surrounding views. Value for your buck is low because the food is only good -- not awesome, and the ambience is not as good as other $$$$ restaurants.