The Capital Grille - Boca Raton
6000 Glades Road
Boca Raton, FL 33431Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Boca Raton
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.capitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (561) 368-1077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday 4:00pm - 11:00pm Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Carmine DiCandia
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Boca Raton
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located in the Boca Raton Town Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Boca Raton - Best Restaurants in Boca Raton ›
The Capital Grille - Boca Raton reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (197)fit for foodies (137)notable wine list (123)romantic (97)neighborhood gem (74)good for groups (66)great for lunch (50)vibrant bar scene (45)hot spot (36)late-night find (15)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Special NightlsharnVIPDined on 11/19/2014Outstanding food, great service. They make you feel special with little touches that go above and beyond a normal dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superforeignvisitor1Dined on 11/16/2014Perfect reception, attentious waiter, delicious food, steak cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not good enoughFrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/15/2014Our party of four went to the Capital Grille for a special birthday celebration with the expectation of a great night and dinner. We were seated promptly in a quiet corner room which was very nice since the restaurant was noisy on a Saturday night. A nice birthday greeting from management was there along with small occasion decorations. Very thoughtful. Our drinks and appetizers were fine. Two soups and my crabmeat appetizer were good. We were told our main courses were next up after the adjacent table was served The meals came all at once with a nice presentation and the waiter immediately asked if everyone was OK. However, I don't think we had tasted the food yet although I did cut into the steak and it appeared OK. As it turned out the only food that was hot was the spinach. The steaks and potatoes and were barely warm and the asparagus was cold. We didn't see the waiter again until we were finished the main course. I'm sure if we had seen the waiter and complained another meal might have been prepared but it's always too late to create a good first impression and taste if you have to wait for a second meal. Too Bad. The steaks were eaten and enjoyed although it would have been better if they were hot. The asparagus was not enjoyable at all. A special birthday dessert was brought for my friend which was very nice. They also took our picture for the occasion and presented a copy to my friend. Overall considering the high cost I do not intend to go to The Capital Grille again. There are lots of other high end steak restaurants around.Special Features:
- Amazing service!AndreaDined on 11/15/2014Always have loved The Capital Grille but this time they went beyond my expectations. Thank you for making my parent's 40th wedding anniversary memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!Chris1492Dined on 11/15/2014My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Capital Grill and had a wonderful dining experience. Everyone went out of their way to make sure we had a great evening and our waiter, Ray, was top notch. The red rose on the table and the heart shaped confetti added to the signature ambiance that really complemented the fine fine dining experience. Our steaks were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital grillCapgrill1Dined on 11/14/2014I made the reservation on open table which was so easy to do. We were seated as soon as we arrived. My husband and I have eaten in the capital grill in Stamford Connecticut and the restaurants are designed the same. I ordered the lamb chops, and my husband ordered the scallops. The lamb chops were cooked perfectly but tasted a little bland. The scallops with risotto were tasty. For dessert the cheesecake was good and perfect size portion for a serving. It was a nice dinnerI would recommend this to a friend.
- StephenDined on 11/13/2014I enjoyed my meal. The prices were reasonalbe and the ambience was great. I would definately return to this location.Special Features:
- Exceptional Restaurant for a Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. From the moment we walked in, the hostess wished us a happy anniversary, our waiter and even another manager/hostess that stopped/passed by our table. No one does a special birthday or anniversary quite like the Capital Grille. And the food and service are always exceptional, bar none. That is why we come back for our special events. This past summer was my son's 40th birthday - we brought the family to Capital Grille as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Disappointing!!!!JMGPGGDined on 11/11/2014Having eaten at this Capital Grille location before, we were excited to celebrate our 22nd anniversary there. Unfortunately, we were very disappointed. We ordered appetizers and our entrees. The appetizers came out in about 10 minutes which was fine. But, it took 45 minutes from when we were finished with them for the entrees to arrive. During that time, no one offered any update until I flagged down the manager. When the entrées arrived, the steak was well-done and had been ordered medium. So, they brought another one what was rare and had to be put back on the grill. After that, the service was slower. The Chilean Sea Bass was too salty and the bone-in filet was sub-par. Next time we will go to Abe and Louis or New York Prime.
- Capital Grille, Boca RatonYankee9VIPDined on 11/11/2014Contrary to our previous visit, this time everything was wonderful. The wine, the food and Tony's service were outstanding. We came to celebrate our wedding anniversary, and the restaurant gave us a card, a picture and a delicious dessert. We were glad we gave the restaurant a second chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingWTRAVELERVIPDined on 11/11/2014From arrival to departure, the service is outstanding - cordial and attentive. The menu is excellent, with regular specials that add even more depth to an already varied menu. An extensive, and fairly priced wine list always offers several top-value gems. Capital Grille avoids the "how big a steak can we serve" syndrome to focus instead on quality and preparation. When we're in the mood for steak (or seaafood), this is where we always head.Special Features:
- One of the best everJefbgDined on 11/9/2014Possibly the best steak dinner ever. Unequalled professional attentive service. As soon as you walk in you are treated like the owner of the place. Our reservation was quickly honored and with all smiles we were brought to our table decorated with confetti and red hearts for our anniversary as well as a card. The delmonico steak was huge and delicious as was the filet topped with gorgonzola cheese. They brought us a comped dessert platter for our anniversary that was delicious and then took our photo for a memento card. The manager made sure to come over and wished us well by name. Pretty impressive. Any upscale steakhouse like this should learn from Capital Grill . This is how to run a restaurant. Worth every penny .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentMichaelrbVIPDined on 11/8/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Boca. Always accommodating. Excellent food and service from the time you enter until you leave.Special Features:
- ALL CAPITAL LETTERS- RATING#10lov2eatVIPDined on 11/7/2014The Capital Grille in Boca is truly a place to enjoy a special evening (or lunch). The staff belds professionalism with warmth, and makes guests feel welcome and appreciated. And then...there is the steaks, chicken and whatever else is on the menu. The sliced flited w/ mushrooms and the 10 0z filets are both show stooppers. Onion soup can be served in a cup, if the crock is too much for a starter. The desserts are a dream come true. Try the chocolate espresso cake along with mint ice cream to refresh one's taste buds, and send them home happy. WE LOVE THE CAPITAL GRILLE!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchSTLPressfoodtasterVIPDined on 11/7/2014Everything was great. Good was good served promptly and service was friendly. Reheated soup was a nice surprise. The business lunch went well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch Steak HouseMikelandDined on 11/5/2014South florida is lucky to have the great restaurant. Pricey, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MarvinVIPDined on 11/2/2014The service was the worst we ever had. I had to go looking for the waiter to obtain service. Food was served burnt and was returned. This was not the type of service that we were use to at Capital Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and and service for special occasionsJayinFLDined on 11/2/2014The Capital Grille in Boca never disappoints. The steaks are always cooked to perfection and the service is always top notch. My wife and I split the Porterhouse and the Lobster Mac & Cheese and both were excellent. Looking forward to going back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are mixedFood4thoughtVIPDined on 11/2/2014My husband had the mozzarella and tomatoe salad and filet mignon and was in heaven. I chose the the field greens and seared tuna. While the greens were fresh, the salad was blah. A couple of cherry tomatoes (maybe 5 halves) and two or three typs of lettuce. For $10 I would like to see some different vegetables, but then again this is a fairly hard core steak house. The tuna was cooked to order, though it was not particularly flavorful. At $44, it should have been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't keep reservation timeDrgcDined on 11/1/2014Made reservation for 845pm and didn't get seated til about 930. Should really get the 1000 points that I could've recieved for making reservation at 915. I am really disappointed that we had to wait so long. If they can't hold reservation time they should not make as many reservations that they do.Special Features:
- Red9VIPDined on 11/1/2014Excellent service. Large portions. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MiketrolDined on 11/1/2014Excellent quality for the dollar spent. Not a good restaurant for group of more than 4.Special Features:
- Paula's NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The room we were seated in was very cold, it took about 45 minutes before the temperature was settled. One order of steak had to be sent back for more fire, too rare.Special Features:
- Great service, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/1/2014We booked a table for 2 for a special occasion and were off to a great start with our waiter, Ray, but my husband and I both felt the food was not great. We had the calamari which was good enough, but my bone-in filet was not cooked to the right temperature, my husband's steak was bland, and the asparagus was under cooked but charred at the same time. For $160, I could've gone to dinner three times over at a less pretentious restaurant and had better food.Special Features:
- rediculousjackieDined on 10/31/2014We were a group of 10, very comfortable round table. Never heard of a good steak restaurant to run out of BAKED POTATOES!!! They had other potatoes that were very good so we enjoyed them.Special Features:
- bloomingDined on 10/31/2014We had never eaten at Capital Grille but will certainly make this a top choice for us in the future. It was our anniversary and we were brought to our table that was decorated for this special occasion with a very long stem rose, red heart shapes and a card from the restaurant congratulating us. The food, service and ambiance was excellent.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceQuanDined on 10/30/2014I recently started a special health program, but we were long overdue for another great steakhouse and renowned establishment, so we're glad to reserve a table at CG for my girlfriend's birthday. The lobster bisque to start the meal was not satisfactory, but our waitress was quick to replace it with a piping hot crock of French onion soup. The stone crab was excellent and our porterhouse came cooked to perfection, as did the wild mushrooms and asparagus. The surprise birthday double treat was wonderful and just the right touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIKTIAHCDined on 10/29/2014Best calamari and filet ever. Service was excellent. Drinks were generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The capital grilleDiningladesroad33434Dined on 10/29/2014Streaks and sides are always delicious! The restaurant ambience is cozy despite fully occupied tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 10/29/2014Great place for a romantic dinner or special occasion. Food and service is as it should be at a high end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Truly Wonderful Evening!MichaelNancyDined on 10/25/2014We were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! and it could not have been better! We had the signature Stoli Pineapple Martini before at the bar, and it was fun watching Michelle and Reni keeping things happening at the already 'busy' bar, for our 5:15 pm seating. The restaurant is beautiful, fun, romantic, the décor and atmosphere is conducive for tables of 'two' and groups of 5 or more! I chose the Filet, it melts in your mouth! My husband had the Delmonico with the bone-in, Delicious! Another comment and probably the most important... one word: Gregg!! Fantastic service, gentleman, funny, you never see him and then you do! He is seamless in making sure everything was perfect!! Overall:a great team, a great restaurant! We will return!Special Features:
- Always great serviceGoodEats4LifeVIPDined on 10/25/2014Ray was wonderful! Service and food impeccable. Bobby always puts a smile on your face when he stops by. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LennieDined on 10/24/2014Everything was exceptional...from the hostess to the server, to the food, and to the ambiance. All restaurants should follow their lead.Special Features:
- RaymondVIPDined on 10/23/2014The filet mignon salad was excellent. Beef cooked perfectly. It was also tender and had great flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Bad to Say--Amazing!!TJonesDined on 10/22/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday the other night. It was our first time there. From the moment we walked in, we were treated like royalty. Our table was decorated tastefully with confetti sprinkles and a hand-written card thanking us for spending our special day with them. The waiter, Richard, was attentive but not intrusive. He offerred thorough explanations for the wine list, specials, and menu. There was a large selection of wine on the wine list, many of $100. and when I mentioned that I'd like a bottle of wine around $50.00, he was extremely helpful in finding one that we'd like. The food was outstanding--steaks were amazing. Honestly, there wasn't one thing that could be better. The birthday dessert was a work of art.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great NightfresserDined on 10/18/2014Excellent steak better then my last visit. Waiter Michael was very attentive but not overbearing. Will definitely come back the next time I want a great steak.Special Features:
- Great niteAllanDined on 10/18/2014Very busy Saturday nite. Breads, salads, soups excellent. Misplaced our order--Manager came over and apologized. Proceeded to give us a round of drinks, shrimp and crab appetizers and desert gratis. Then our steaks came and they were excellent as usual. Even though it took us 2 1/2 hours, we were fine and all in all it was a very enjoyable everning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/17/2014Our server was great. Food took a little longer than usual to come out but was an enjoyable night nonethelessSpecial Features:
- EnjoyableElsaDined on 10/12/2014We had been to the Capitol Grill before celebrating a birthday with the whole family. At that time we found the service excellent and the food very good. The staff made the night fun for all. The restaurant is well known and it held up to it's reputation. By the way, it's expensive. This time we went alone , my husband and I, and we are not big eaters so we asked if we could share the steak, salad and baked potato. The waiter gave us no problem with that. The steak was enormous as was the other portions of food. We couldn't even finish what we had. We also had a glass of wine each. The bill was $95 and that was for one meal. We would go back, but not as an every day restaurant. The service was excellent both times.Special Features:
- TulipdaffodilsTulipdaffodilsDined on 10/11/2014Delmonico & sirloin were excellent as was the service! Caesar salad was unnoteworthySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.