The Capital Grille - Beverly Center
8614 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Beverly Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 3103580650x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brent Jaeger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Beverly Center
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Join us for happy hour Monday through Friday from 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Beverly Center - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Capital Grille - Beverly Center reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (115)notable wine list (73)romantic (71)fit for foodies (68)good for groups (68)great for lunch (54)neighborhood gem (35)great for brunch (11)hot spot (9)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (2)Show More
- Best meat ever!!!SERVIODined on 10/25/2014Lobster and crab cake is great!!!, DELMONICO is the best cut I´ve ever eaten!!!Special Features:
- Always a treatDebbieVIPDined on 10/25/2014Capital Grille offers fantastic seasonal specials. The lunch prices are reasonable, too, for a steakhouse. Butternut Squash Bisque - to die for!Special Features:
- conference dateOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/24/2014Had been to same chain once before but service overall was mediocre this time. Server or water service didn't acknowledge us for 15 minutes. Brought us wrong side dish. Food otherwise very good. Reluctant about returning again for what should have been wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- DeliciousSharbearVIPDined on 10/23/2014This is a little pricey and we usually wait for Restaurant Week to eat here, but sometimes you just crave good food. So we each have salads and share an entree. Delicious food. Dimmed lighting and noise level is good for conversation. Always a nice evening.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014Great dinner. Our party kept growing and they were very accommodating. Service and management went above and beyond. We had two birthdays being celebrated and they made it very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful and easy goingBheaterVIPDined on 10/18/2014Being in a shopping mall, you might think weird.. Get over the thinking.. Easy and wonderdul.. Parking valet no charge and easy off of beverly blvd. With reservations always ready to be seated. Another wonderful bonus.. No waiting.. The service is outstanding with friendly servers. love this place.. If you want fancy then dress fancy and if you want casual dress at way. the food is worth want ever you are wearing... Just enjoy and like I said love this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experience!!!notvegan13Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and I were celebrating our 9th year anniversary. I made a comment about it when reserving the table, and they were ready for us. As soon as I gave them my name the hostess greeted us with a "Happy Anniversary, thank you for celebrating it with us tonight" welcome line. Our table had a rose and rose petals on it, with a hand written anniversary card sign by the staff. Our server Ben was very knowledgeable and courteous. The food was outstanding. The steak Tartare with truffle devil eggs is just delicious. Definitely try any of the dry aged steak they have. You will not regret it. Expensive, but worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best anniversary dinner ever!CynthiaVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had the most wonderful 20th anniversary celebration the other night. The food was absolutely delicious and our servers, Melanie and Shalleia were incredible. I have never experienced waiters going out of their way to make it a very very special evening for us as they did. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Eminently EnjoyablefoodawareDined on 10/17/2014Welcoming in every way - beautiful classic decor; stunning floral display in the entry area (and fresh orchids in the ladies room); fine staff who know what good service is; and a wide variety of excellent food. Lunch example: the $18 Prix Fixe I selected - a great butternut squash soup; seared scallops with wild mushroom risotto. Outstanding tastes. Superb value.Special Features:
- Bad a nice evening againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014We made a good experience in the Capitol Grille in Kansas City. That's why we decided for CG again in Los Angeles and we'd do it again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014Disappointing. Service was polite but unpolished. Delays in arrival of meal. Not what one would expect.Special Features:
- Outstanding Dining Experience!AnonymousVIPDined on 10/13/2014We were celebrating a birthday.....and the Capital Grille made it perfect for us! A new entrée of pan-seared scallops was delicious and, your specialty, the lobster bisque, was, as always, superb! Our server was exceptional and attended to our every birthday wish!Special Features:
- Went twice in 4 daysMari0710Dined on 10/7/2014Loved the lobster soup with big chunks of lobster. Even the fresh lobster 2 ponds that we ordered was fresh n worth the $$$ spend.Special Features:
- Great fun and great se viceBheaterVIPDined on 10/5/2014Wonderdul wonderful wonderful. Just like the song.. This is a great run to place. Yes it is expensive but my tummy is worth it. the food is ALWAYS a wonderful.. Portions are huge and sharing is a great way to try different dishes.. The services is friendly and very helpful and delightful. Parking is easy and the valet is polite.... Cm isn't and hey if you eT too much tKe a walk around the beverly Center ..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2014We always come to the Capital Grille for a special occasion- they always make you feel so special. The servers have always been really nice and friendly. The food is amazing. We feel very special when we dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotrangodogVIPDined on 9/29/2014They have a wonderful lunch for only $18. Had the watermelon salad and the lobster roll with the best ever French fries!!! Don't miss it is all I can say. Free parking and great service ...can't be beatSpecial Features:
- LadybapriceDined on 9/27/2014Our waiter was amazing, friendly and engaging. The restaurant itself was charming. Our steaks were a little over done.Special Features:
- very good and priceyLAFoodGuyDined on 9/27/2014Outstanding steaks and service. Pricey. Servers are very professional and know the menu well. My steak was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SapphireDined on 9/27/2014Perfect place to celebrate a special occasion! Would highy recommend. Service superb! Food excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for everyday!JJayDined on 9/20/2014The atmosphere and service was excellent, even providing free valet parking. The food was very good but way overpriced. At least if you're going to spend a lot of money on dinner, you have a good experience.Special Features:
- Freaking AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/19/2014Seriously the best dining experience ever. We had Renato as our server and he literally was the nicest and best server we've ever had. Capital Grille is our go to restaurant for any special occasion or just hey we want a great steak. It never disappoints but this time it was off the charts good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend lunchfoodie2inlaVIPDined on 9/13/2014The Capital Grille has great plates for lunch. I had the steak with their creamed spinach and clam chowder to start. The whole meal was delicious and all for only $18.00 This is a very excellent restaurant with fantastic food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Lobster SaladJoansSisterDined on 9/12/2014Whenever I see lobster on a menu, I stop looking for anything else. The lobster salad at the Capital Grill was sensational! It was loaded with large chunks of the sea food and flavored to perfection. It's a generous portion and I thought I'd be taking some home, but alas - I couldn't put my fork down so nothing to take home! I wish there was another location closer to Glendale - I'd eat there once a week.....Special Features:
- Always greatrangodogVIPDined on 9/11/2014Pepper steak was excellent..enough for leftovers. Fish was light and flaky..enough to share. Spinach salad was delicious although I would like with less dressing. Parking...valet and freeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special RestaurantirvelsVIPDined on 9/9/2014Our server was very attentive, making excellent recommendations. We have been to the restaurant on numerous occasions, and each time are reminded of the outstanding food, service, ambiance, and quiet enough to have a conversation.Special Features:
- very expensiveChipperDined on 9/9/2014The ambience is very nice, the sound level wonderful, making for easy 4 person conversations, but I was startled by the cost. Most entrees over $40!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014Always find dinning here exceptional! Thanks again for the celebratory setting .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceStandclrDined on 8/31/2014We went for our anniversary. I ordered a filet but it was slightly over cooked. My husband's Delmonico steak was perfect and so was the rest of the meal. The waiter was super nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot to enjoyKarenDined on 8/28/2014My first visit to the L.A. Capital Grille lived up to my monthly trips to Tampa's. Usually I go alone, but this time I had company. I have never gotten anything but the special hamburger, but this time I got the lobster and crab burger. My friend got the lobster roll, which she really loved. While I liked the crustacean burger, I love the hamburger so much that I will probably return to it on my next visit (or I'll go for the lobster roll). I was disappointed that the chips had vinegar on them; I'd never had chips in Tampa. Service was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014My friends and I keep returning on a regular basis ... it's one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularZoeyDined on 8/23/2014This is not the first time we have been to the Capital Grille. It was first-class as usual. We had crab cakes which were delicious! Our party had sea bass and the lamb chops. Both were deemed the best. The service was wonderful from start to finish. We were not rushed, and the meals were spaced well, not one running into another. This restaurant is always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best non-prime beef in the bizBigmissteakVIPDined on 8/23/2014While "prime beef" isn't the buzzword it once was with the rise of wagyu and "American Kobe," it still seems to be the baseline measure for most top tier steakhouses. Not so in the case of the Cap Grille, which serves dry-aged beef (not to my knowledge prime), with a somewhat different approach. Having a sirloin as a feature steak is not too common with the ribeye-heavy menus that you ordinarily find at a steakhouse. You know what though, both the kona-crusted and plain old dry-aged sirloin stand up to the ribeye for flavor and texture (emphasis on the dry-aging process here). An expertly prepared sirloin is harder to pull off than a quality ribeye, and Cap Grille gets the degree of difficulty points to go with an excellent steak.Special Features:
- Worth the priceBraveheartDined on 8/22/2014Clean, quiet, and amazing food. This location is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AmbianceSunset100Dined on 8/21/2014Good place to meet friends for lunch. Food is not the standard Fare. Interesting and great taste. Service is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always dependableloyalclients426Dined on 8/20/2014The service was amazing. We enjoyed the wine pairings. Everyone wished us a Happy Anniversary.
- SteveVIPDined on 8/18/2014excellent steaks and other food; most importantly, quiet and easy to have a conversation with the person/people you are dining withSpecial Features:
- biffVIPDined on 8/16/2014my steak was cooked precisely to order and was excellent. prepped and served without butter or sauce, that i could detect. it was therefore superior to the steakhouse i've long preferred. now if only they'd move closer to my house. but it was worth the schlep.Special Features:
- Capital!NancyVIPDined on 8/15/2014I walked in and immediately felt a combination of old Hollywood glamour and New York. A gorgeous restaurant with impeccable service and an attitude that they cannot do enough to make sure you are a happy customer. When our waiter told us that they age their own beef, I said I would love to see that and he said come on back I'll show you! My late Father owned a meat packing company so my childhood often saw the interior of the meat freezers ~ like the scene in Rocky when he discovers that a side of beef makes a good workout buddy. Capital Grille has a much smaller operation in the back, but it's impressive. The food was perfect and the desserts, which they make themselves, were incredible! High recommend this lovely oasis.Special Features:
- Great evening, great dinner.RM818Dined on 8/14/2014Our visit to the Capital Grill was exceptional. The scallop special on the appetizer menu was complemented by the toasted baguette with a flavorful sauce. The Delmonico was cooked to perfection (when I described how I wanted the center our waiter, Zach, suggested medium rare+). It was juicy with the right amount of char on the edge. The Porterhouse was equally good. We really adored the creamed corn with bacon— a great juxtaposition of sweet and smokey. The creme brulee had the perfect amount of custard to toasted sugar. The service and ambiance were outstanding. We were not crowded in or rushed by our server who was knowledgable and a pleasure. They also have an amazing wine cellar. Zach was very helpful in paring the wine with our meal.Special Features:
- Cobb SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/14/2014Cobb Salad was not crisp, too much dressing and avacado, mushy. Very disappointed in the food, but the service was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.