The Capital Grille - Beverly Center
8614 Beverly Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Beverly Center
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 3103580650x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Brent Jaeger
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wine
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Beverly Center
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Join us for happy hour Monday through Friday from 4:30 pm - 7:00 pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
The Capital Grille - Beverly Center - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
The Capital Grille - Beverly Center reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)romantic (68)notable wine list (67)good for groups (63)fit for foodies (58)great for lunch (45)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (8)hot spot (7)great for outdoor dining (7)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- NiceStandclrDined on 8/31/2014We went for our anniversary. I ordered a filet but it was slightly over cooked. My husband's Delmonico steak was perfect and so was the rest of the meal. The waiter was super nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lot to enjoyKarenDined on 8/28/2014My first visit to the L.A. Capital Grille lived up to my monthly trips to Tampa's. Usually I go alone, but this time I had company. I have never gotten anything but the special hamburger, but this time I got the lobster and crab burger. My friend got the lobster roll, which she really loved. While I liked the crustacean burger, I love the hamburger so much that I will probably return to it on my next visit (or I'll go for the lobster roll). I was disappointed that the chips had vinegar on them; I'd never had chips in Tampa. Service was excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014My friends and I keep returning on a regular basis ... it's one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularZoeyDined on 8/23/2014This is not the first time we have been to the Capital Grille. It was first-class as usual. We had crab cakes which were delicious! Our party had sea bass and the lamb chops. Both were deemed the best. The service was wonderful from start to finish. We were not rushed, and the meals were spaced well, not one running into another. This restaurant is always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best non-prime beef in the bizBigmissteakVIPDined on 8/23/2014While "prime beef" isn't the buzzword it once was with the rise of wagyu and "American Kobe," it still seems to be the baseline measure for most top tier steakhouses. Not so in the case of the Cap Grille, which serves dry-aged beef (not to my knowledge prime), with a somewhat different approach. Having a sirloin as a feature steak is not too common with the ribeye-heavy menus that you ordinarily find at a steakhouse. You know what though, both the kona-crusted and plain old dry-aged sirloin stand up to the ribeye for flavor and texture (emphasis on the dry-aging process here). An expertly prepared sirloin is harder to pull off than a quality ribeye, and Cap Grille gets the degree of difficulty points to go with an excellent steak.Special Features:
- Worth the priceBraveheartDined on 8/22/2014Clean, quiet, and amazing food. This location is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and AmbianceSunset100Dined on 8/21/2014Good place to meet friends for lunch. Food is not the standard Fare. Interesting and great taste. Service is tops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always dependableloyalclients426Dined on 8/20/2014The service was amazing. We enjoyed the wine pairings. Everyone wished us a Happy Anniversary.
- SteveVIPDined on 8/18/2014excellent steaks and other food; most importantly, quiet and easy to have a conversation with the person/people you are dining withSpecial Features:
- biffVIPDined on 8/16/2014my steak was cooked precisely to order and was excellent. prepped and served without butter or sauce, that i could detect. it was therefore superior to the steakhouse i've long preferred. now if only they'd move closer to my house. but it was worth the schlep.Special Features:
- Capital!NancyVIPDined on 8/15/2014I walked in and immediately felt a combination of old Hollywood glamour and New York. A gorgeous restaurant with impeccable service and an attitude that they cannot do enough to make sure you are a happy customer. When our waiter told us that they age their own beef, I said I would love to see that and he said come on back I'll show you! My late Father owned a meat packing company so my childhood often saw the interior of the meat freezers ~ like the scene in Rocky when he discovers that a side of beef makes a good workout buddy. Capital Grille has a much smaller operation in the back, but it's impressive. The food was perfect and the desserts, which they make themselves, were incredible! High recommend this lovely oasis.Special Features:
- Great evening, great dinner.RM818Dined on 8/14/2014Our visit to the Capital Grill was exceptional. The scallop special on the appetizer menu was complemented by the toasted baguette with a flavorful sauce. The Delmonico was cooked to perfection (when I described how I wanted the center our waiter, Zach, suggested medium rare+). It was juicy with the right amount of char on the edge. The Porterhouse was equally good. We really adored the creamed corn with bacon— a great juxtaposition of sweet and smokey. The creme brulee had the perfect amount of custard to toasted sugar. The service and ambiance were outstanding. We were not crowded in or rushed by our server who was knowledgable and a pleasure. They also have an amazing wine cellar. Zach was very helpful in paring the wine with our meal.Special Features:
- Cobb SaladOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014Cobb Salad was not crisp, too much dressing and avacado, mushy. Very disappointed in the food, but the service was outstanding.I would recommend this to a friend.
- TrustworthyLikebuttaDined on 8/11/2014Always find this place consistent with great service and food. Huge portions and fantastic steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tstarrDined on 8/1/2014The Capital Grille should be listed as one of the "Premier" restaurants in Los Angeles. The food, service, ambiance, wine list, management, & staff are all at the top of the list in top quality & consistency. Also, such a wonderful place for special occasions! I recommend it to family, friends and business associates because they never disappoint. ...And they all thank me over and over again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakBooRadleyVIPDined on 7/29/2014I love this place, and quite frankly, this town needs this steakhouse. It's wonderful to be able to go and get a nice steak sandwich (minus the bread) for $20. And the steak is amazing! It's a little ribeye, and in many ways, it's better than the ribeye that I got a week and a half ago at CUT. C.G. also has a lobster salad that is a great price--same $20. You can go to Spago and get one, but you'll pay $35.Special Features:
- WowDisappointingVIPDined on 7/28/2014First class service at the Bev center?? Who knew? The finish out is very very nice and second only to the service. Went for lunch and thoroughly enjoyed it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalLafoodieDined on 7/27/2014Food was amazing and our waitress Melanie was great! Had a fantastic time and will definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic place, great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Really like this. It's a romantic place and food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dine L A menugailDined on 7/27/2014I go to the Capital Grill for comfort and location. Love Happy Hour! Great place to meet fiends.. It is big enough so you can usually get in. I like getting a full dinner with smaller portions so I don't have to split a steak. ( like in Dine L A )Sometime I order a salad and hamburger.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsLuvfinefoodDined on 7/26/2014We usually dine at their sister location in Orange County. Although the menu is small, the portions are not. The main dishes are well seasoned, flavorful and the side dishes are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DineLAOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/25/2014The restaurant is beautiful. My steak was somewhat overdone. Not rushing back anytime soon, although they DO have a great happy hour.Special Features:
- Inconsistent serviceBBosapDined on 7/25/2014After such outstanding service a couple of nights earlier, the (dis)service provided by the waiter was a major disappointment. Waiter was very unprofessional, inattentive, and did not mention the specially priced options available to add to the dineLA menu (lobster tails, shrimp and crab legs ($10-17), or the Generous Pour wine promotion. When asked for them, he initially acted like he wasn't aware of them. Service level was 2 out of 10. Food was still great, though.Special Features:
- Great experienceOscarTDined on 7/24/2014It was my first time there and i cant believe i waited this ping to try it out. Definitely will recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as usualcfreema7VIPDined on 7/24/2014The food is great, the wine list is fantastic. Plenty of wines for $30 or less in every varietal. I like this place so much than Flemings. The food is better, the atmosphere is more elegant, respectful and accomplished. But more so, the price isn't so outrageous.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in LAmlballer23Dined on 7/24/2014This is hands down my favorite restaurant!!! I have been roughly 10 times for different occasions including birthdays, dates and restaurant week. During the most recent restaurant week, my boyfriend and I tried three steak houses (Morton's and Ruth's Chris) including Capital Grille twice and it was by far the best food and best deal. I have been to all of them previously as well and Capital Grille still tops my list! If you have never been, please go...you will be very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2014We look forward to good food-a tasty and tender Steak. Haven't been disappointed We'll return soon.Special Features:
- mannyzamDined on 7/23/2014we enjoyed the total experience, steaks were cooked to perfection, staff very attentive, would come back and soon.Special Features:
- Great time and FoodBBosapDined on 7/23/2014Outstanding dineLA menu options, and all items appeared on the regular menu. We had the dry-aged sirloin steak, lobster tail, caesar salad and bruleed cheesecake with fresh berries. Everything was absolutely delicious, amped up by the Generous Pour wine selections and the great bread basket. The two CG-exclusive red wine blends work very well with the steaks. This is our new special occasion destination and place to take out of town guests.Special Features:
- "Kelly's Komments"KellyVIPDined on 7/23/2014Every visit has been a delight and this one was no different. From the courtesy valet parking to the packaging of the "left-overs", everything was "FIRST CABIN!" Our server, Henry was very helpful in explaining the "Summer large pour" wine program, and eventually located the wine that I was unable to find on the extensive wine list. We ordered from the dineLA menu and it was a super value. All in all, it was a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to The Capital GrilleDeeByTheSeaDined on 7/23/2014Really enjoyed the food and the ambience. Very good Cadillac Margarita. I would recommend. I was able to sit and not feel rushed as myself and a good friend talked and talked and got up-to-date on what was going-on. I had a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Awesome!SPfoodieDined on 7/21/2014One of the best steaks ive had in ages! Everything we had from Appetizers Entrees and dessert was amazing! Definitely found my fav place for Steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dining experienceYaiYaiDined on 7/20/2014As always, dinner at the Capitol Grill was fabulous. The staff are all friendly and warm. Being met with smiles is a very good start. The service, food and ambience are always outstanding. It is on the pricey side, but it always a wonderful experience. We have had a birthday dinner for 15-20 people for a 92 year-old, dinners for 4 and for 6 and romantic dinners for 2. We have also enjoyed happy hour in the bar area. All have been very positive experiences. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- this is my new favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/20/2014Their food was delish. And their service was over the top amazing!Special Features:
- DeericiousDined on 7/19/2014Went for DineLA. Sirloin was delicious, filet was mediocre (if it wasn't DineLA prices, it wouldn't have been worth it!). Enjoyed the atmosphere, and the complimentary valet was wonderfully convenient.Special Features:
- Great findprettypickykittyDined on 7/19/2014I had not discovered The Capitol Grille until a few weeks ago for a friend's birthday dinner-----------all four of us considered it a rave in every way. The happy atmosphere and welcoming flute of bubbly; the divine steaks and the gorgeously sinful complimentary desert------------it's my go-to venue for celebrations from now on. Oh, and I can't leave out Charles , our impeccable server, who orchestrated the entire evening with skill and charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back for sureAlwayshungryVIPDined on 7/19/2014Great ambiance. Easy parking. Great steak. Salmon ok not great. Service outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slowOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/18/2014Our entire dining experience took a little over 2 hrs for lunch. Being Cedars employees, we are typically limited to long lunches and though going over an hour can be acceptable at most time, over 2hrs is unacceptable. While I acknowledge there were a few well-done steak orders, when the food finally came out, it was a bit on the cool side (for hot meals). This will by no way deter me from going to Capital Grille again, they need to work on their timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently enjoyableWonkowskiVIPDined on 7/16/2014Went there for dinela week. service and food were good. For extra $10, you can get a lobster tail with your main course. Manager came to check if everything was OK. Nice gesture. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceidrojDined on 7/16/2014Excellent food. Good quality service and perfect timingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.