The Capital Grille - Baltimore
500 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4437034064x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew B. Jaffe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Baltimore
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
210 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (165)romantic (118)notable wine list (109)fit for foodies (86)good for groups (57)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (34)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (26)neighborhood gem (20)scenic view (16)late-night find (10)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- 3fansVIPDined on 10/18/2014Always enjoy the Capital Grille. Mark our waiter was very attentive. As always the food is wonderful. The bar staff were very accommodating as we had a drink in their prior to going to dinner.Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 10/17/2014Special place for our special anniversary . Everything was made so nice by the staff, especially our waitress. Great meal and drinks and surprise dessert just for us!. Love this place!Special Features:
- Great Filet Oscar, nice wine listTCooper852Dined on 10/16/2014Everything was good and service was excellent. Great wine offering with worldwide representation. The filet is phenomenal.Special Features:
- momuneeDined on 10/13/2014Great place to celebrate our anniversary. Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Over the top Dinner!!PattyBDined on 10/11/2014I would give the Capital Grille in Baltimore a 5 star, the food was outstanding, my family especially loved the lobster mac and cheese, and the crab cakes,they thought they were to die for.. I thought the steaks were amazing as well, especially the Porter house! The ambiance was classic, we were a family of 6 and we had this wonderful private room, plenty of room around a large round table. The service was excellent, our waiter Tim was great, I would take my family there again, whenever I am in the Baltimore area! And I recommend it highly!!Special Features:
- Five star quality!Linda421Dined on 10/11/2014Visited on a Saturday evening and therefore quite crowded but were seated upon arrival. We were asked if we would like to switch out our white napkins to a black one. After dining at Capital Grille restaurants for years this was a surprise. The Grand Plateau is a seafood platter and always fresh and delicious. Fried calamari and onion soup were outstanding. One of their specials, a filet on the bone was a treat as it is not available on most visits. The citrus glazed salmon is recommended for any salmon lover. The potatoes au gratin are creamy and can be shared. Another side dish we requested was asparagus wrapped in prosciutto which was tasty and crispy. Disappointed the clam chowder never arrived but the dessert made up for it. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMurphDined on 10/11/2014Everything was wonderful for our Anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDianemDined on 10/7/2014Went to dinner here to celebrate my husband's birthday. From the time we pulled up to the valet to the time we left- all outstanding. Thank you Capitol Grille for a memorable experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2014the waiter was very good, offering suggestions, wait staff was quick to refill water glasses, food arrived quickly - a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerMarniekbDined on 10/4/2014It was my husband's and best friend's 45th birthday and the experience was fantastic. Jerry our waiter made them feel special and helped with the celebration. Jerry was top notch! Best service and dinner for your birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for anniversarymrjoeDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. The staff went beyond their customary exceptional service to make the evening special!!Special Features:
- Romantic Birthday CelebrationmikiminiceDined on 10/1/2014It was awesome! Great food, Great service. My guy is very picky and he left satisfied and with a smile on his face. Our waiter was a quintessential professional, you would want to take him home. All of the staff made you feel welcome from the first time you walked into the place. The food was impeccable. I had a steak that brought tears to my eyes on first bite with augrautin potatoes and sauteed spinach. The wine list, very good and our waiter decanted our wine. I also had a grand maniere cognac. All for an incredible evening that will stay in the memory forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was awesome, not one thing to complain about. Our waiter Mark W. was just fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service...super food!Foodie718Dined on 9/27/2014The Capital Grille is without a doubt one of the best restaurants that we've been to in Baltimore! The service was excellent thanks to our server Kevin, and everything that we ordered was outstanding! I highly recommend the stuffed lobster tail, the seared halibut, and the lobster mac and cheese. We will definitely be returning in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestbresnickDined on 9/20/2014In my opinion Capital Grill is the best place to eat in Baltimore. It is always consistent and top notch in quality of the food as well as service. Capital grill is my favorite place to dine with friends and family. My wife and I always get the same waiter Kevin who is wonderful!! We can't get past the cold seafood app platter, as well as the truffle fries!!Special Features:
- Sooo good!winonamaeDined on 9/18/2014The best filet Ive had recently! Great selection of sides and desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roclynDined on 9/12/2014we were there in june and emailed them to reserve the same booth in the lounge area when we returned in sept. when we arrived they made us feel like celebrities. the service was wonderful and the food was sensational. we plan on going again when we return on new years eve.mySpecial Features:
- Business MeetingDTC3Dined on 9/10/2014First and foremost - you can't go wrong with the Capitol Grill. I cannot recall every getting a bad meal here. Where I was a bit disappointed. I requested a private table for a business meeting on the side. This did not work out as I had hoped. The server was a bit too quick clearing food as our guest was not done eating. Little details like this were to be desired. Otherwise - food was very good.Special Features:
- Great experience at Capital GrilleSteveVIPDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful anniversary celebration at the Capital Grille. The service was top notch. The food was all perfectly prepared. The most notable dishes were the king crab salad and the lobster mac n cheese. The halibut and salmon were both wonderful, as were the desserts. To top it off, the management went out of their way to make it a very special anniversary celebration with several very pleasant surprises. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great experienceJennyeDined on 9/6/2014The waiter made my birthday so special with a champaign toast and picture. They treated us like royalty. The staff made my birthday so special. The food is wonderful. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations answeredFlashDined on 9/2/2014When you are seated in a perfect booth and the waiter comes immediately, you have a good start. We each had a cocktail and time to enjoy it. Next we ordered salad, steak and spinach. You can share all side dishes. The steak was perfect, as was the entire meal. The waiter created a card in the computer for how we like our steak. He also gave us his name to ask for him again and we would. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- DockandDineVIPDined on 9/2/2014Liz was very attentive and professional, Jimmy the manager came by to check how things were going. Food was flawless. Our 4 year old was given a coloring book and a DVD player. Turns out the DVD player was Jimmy's kids who out grew it. What a great manager who takes ownership. Just need a Capital Grill on the water now so we can boat over. Lacks a view but has a rich interior. Complimentary Valet parking caters to those used to convenience. One of our favorites when in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service -10 year AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Our server Albert was fantastic. Great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!evenclanDined on 8/29/2014We took our parents here for their 56th anniversary. They had seated the 7 of us in a quiet corner, as requested, so we could hear each other. They sprinkled tiny red hearts on the center of the table and delivered a beautiful, delicious dessert to them on a "Happy Anniversary" plate. The service was excellent and we were all quite pleased. The fact that we all enjoy each others company and are always grateful to be able to get together doesn't hurt, either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGALLGOOD55VIPDined on 8/24/2014Best steak in Maryland!! Outstanding!!! Service was very detailed and our servers suggestions were perfect!Special Features:
- Great meat!!!ALLGOOD55VIPDined on 8/22/2014Best Piece of meat in the city!!!! Service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingbaltimoregirl2008Dined on 8/18/2014We just keep coming back, our only request is to offer broccoli as a part of the sides menu.Special Features:
- CelebrationDined on 8/16/2014We were celebrating my daughter's special birthday, and used a private room, with a round table. The Grille printed a special menu for us, with the choices I had made for each course. Everything was excellent, but I found the portions to be sooo large! I'm sure everyone enjoyed the evening.CelebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!fullbellyDined on 8/15/2014Great service as soon as we arrive. Complimentary valet, friendly host, attentive server. It was just a great experience. The sirloin I had was cooked great basically melted in my mouth. The lobster Mac and cheese had thick pieces of lobster and tasted delicious. I also ordered the truffle fries and sauteed spinach both excellent choices as well. The manager also came to our table just to see how myself and date were doing. I believe from start to finish this restaurant exceeded my expectation. I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!JulesDined on 8/14/2014Brittany was a fabulous server. Her knowledge, recommendations and service were impeccable. We will definitely be back to dine with her again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likes2eatoutVIPDined on 8/12/2014An elegant restaurant reminiscent of fine establishments from the past. Delicious food; rich and attractive setting; a meal here would always be welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital grilleDanLinDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious. Service was great. We never felt rushed. As an extra bonus we did not have to pay for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite DiningLoverofgreatfoodDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant had all the right elements for an enjoyable, relaxed, and romantic atmosphere that presented such wonderfully prepared food to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our meal was made to perfection! Our waiter was so knowledgeable and taught us something new related to our meal where we didn't feel silly for inquiring. This setting comes highly recommended and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NighthappyfatboyDined on 8/9/2014This was a great experience for my girlfriend and I. So happy we went here. The food, service and drinks were amazing. I would highly recommend to anyone for a great night out with amazing food. If you want a great steak downtown, come to The Capital Grille!Special Features:
- Generous PourJazzLoversVIPDined on 8/9/2014Having generous pour coincide with restaurant week is always a plus. The wines were good with a good variety of the different grape varietals. This was the first time we were seated in the back room. The noise level was much lower back there on a Saturday night (and this was with every table taken). We could hear the difference as we walked through the dining areas. The filet was cooked to perfection. Having the creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes definitely rounds out the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014We had another outstanding dinner at Capital Grill! We ordered from the restaurant week menu and everyone's steak was perfectly cooked as requested (medium rare). Their filet is consistently the best for flavor and tenderness. The service (Ali, you are the best!) was attentive and made the meal even more enjoyable. For my fellow gluten free diners: Capital Grill is knowledgeable and very accommodating about meeting the needs of gluten free diners even during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service aroundTwinBkpDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were great....although Ruth's Chris steak with butter cannot be beat. These had excellent flavor and the sides were fantastic! Also the wine selection was incredible! The one thing that stood out was the staff. Scott, our waiter, and was excellent, several other wait staff attended to us (filling water glasses, etc.) and even two managers stopped by quickly to make sure we were being taken care of. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Filet melted in our mouths!MeltyDined on 8/8/2014We went for the restaurant week menu and each of my party was delighted with everything. I did eat way too much of all the delicious breads first. New England clam chowder was definitely one of the best I have ever had with the perfect "mouth feel". The side order of potatoes au gratin were excellent and the steak was the best I have ever had. Even the cheesecake was above and beyond. We enjoyed all of our server's recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!!!!MaggiVIPDined on 8/8/2014You did it again! Always top notch! The Capital Grille never disappoints. Mark, our server, is always at the top of his game. Our steaks were prepared perfectly. The Generous Pour was fabulous. Thank you for a most enjoyable evening from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellabeanDined on 8/8/2014Excellent, enjoyed restaurant week. Would like to see one side included with meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.