The Capital Grille - Baltimore
500 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4437034064x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew B. Jaffe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Baltimore
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (160)romantic (112)notable wine list (104)fit for foodies (79)good for groups (51)great for outdoor dining (35)great for lunch (33)vibrant bar scene (26)hot spot (20)scenic view (17)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (7)great for brunch (5)Show More
- Sooo good!winonamaeDined on 9/18/2014The best filet Ive had recently! Great selection of sides and desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business MeetingDTC3Dined on 9/10/2014First and foremost - you can't go wrong with the Capitol Grill. I cannot recall every getting a bad meal here. Where I was a bit disappointed. I requested a private table for a business meeting on the side. This did not work out as I had hoped. The server was a bit too quick clearing food as our guest was not done eating. Little details like this were to be desired. Otherwise - food was very good.Special Features:
- Great experience at Capital GrilleSteveVIPDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful anniversary celebration at the Capital Grille. The service was top notch. The food was all perfectly prepared. The most notable dishes were the king crab salad and the lobster mac n cheese. The halibut and salmon were both wonderful, as were the desserts. To top it off, the management went out of their way to make it a very special anniversary celebration with several very pleasant surprises. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great experienceJennyeDined on 9/6/2014The waiter made my birthday so special with a champaign toast and picture. They treated us like royalty. The staff made my birthday so special. The food is wonderful. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations answeredFlashDined on 9/2/2014When you are seated in a perfect booth and the waiter comes immediately, you have a good start. We each had a cocktail and time to enjoy it. Next we ordered salad, steak and spinach. You can share all side dishes. The steak was perfect, as was the entire meal. The waiter created a card in the computer for how we like our steak. He also gave us his name to ask for him again and we would. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- DockandDineVIPDined on 9/2/2014Liz was very attentive and professional, Jimmy the manager came by to check how things were going. Food was flawless. Our 4 year old was given a coloring book and a DVD player. Turns out the DVD player was Jimmy's kids who out grew it. What a great manager who takes ownership. Just need a Capital Grill on the water now so we can boat over. Lacks a view but has a rich interior. Complimentary Valet parking caters to those used to convenience. One of our favorites when in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service -10 year AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Our server Albert was fantastic. Great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGALLGOOD55VIPDined on 8/24/2014Best steak in Maryland!! Outstanding!!! Service was very detailed and our servers suggestions were perfect!Special Features:
- Great meat!!!ALLGOOD55VIPDined on 8/22/2014Best Piece of meat in the city!!!! Service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingbaltimoregirl2008Dined on 8/18/2014We just keep coming back, our only request is to offer broccoli as a part of the sides menu.Special Features:
- CelebrationDined on 8/16/2014We were celebrating my daughter's special birthday, and used a private room, with a round table. The Grille printed a special menu for us, with the choices I had made for each course. Everything was excellent, but I found the portions to be sooo large! I'm sure everyone enjoyed the evening.CelebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!fullbellyDined on 8/15/2014Great service as soon as we arrive. Complimentary valet, friendly host, attentive server. It was just a great experience. The sirloin I had was cooked great basically melted in my mouth. The lobster Mac and cheese had thick pieces of lobster and tasted delicious. I also ordered the truffle fries and sauteed spinach both excellent choices as well. The manager also came to our table just to see how myself and date were doing. I believe from start to finish this restaurant exceeded my expectation. I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!JulesDined on 8/14/2014Brittany was a fabulous server. Her knowledge, recommendations and service were impeccable. We will definitely be back to dine with her again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likes2eatoutVIPDined on 8/12/2014An elegant restaurant reminiscent of fine establishments from the past. Delicious food; rich and attractive setting; a meal here would always be welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital grilleDanLinDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious. Service was great. We never felt rushed. As an extra bonus we did not have to pay for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite DiningLoverofgreatfoodDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant had all the right elements for an enjoyable, relaxed, and romantic atmosphere that presented such wonderfully prepared food to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our meal was made to perfection! Our waiter was so knowledgeable and taught us something new related to our meal where we didn't feel silly for inquiring. This setting comes highly recommended and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NighthappyfatboyDined on 8/9/2014This was a great experience for my girlfriend and I. So happy we went here. The food, service and drinks were amazing. I would highly recommend to anyone for a great night out with amazing food. If you want a great steak downtown, come to The Capital Grille!Special Features:
- Generous PourJazzLoversVIPDined on 8/9/2014Having generous pour coincide with restaurant week is always a plus. The wines were good with a good variety of the different grape varietals. This was the first time we were seated in the back room. The noise level was much lower back there on a Saturday night (and this was with every table taken). We could hear the difference as we walked through the dining areas. The filet was cooked to perfection. Having the creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes definitely rounds out the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014We had another outstanding dinner at Capital Grill! We ordered from the restaurant week menu and everyone's steak was perfectly cooked as requested (medium rare). Their filet is consistently the best for flavor and tenderness. The service (Ali, you are the best!) was attentive and made the meal even more enjoyable. For my fellow gluten free diners: Capital Grill is knowledgeable and very accommodating about meeting the needs of gluten free diners even during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service aroundTwinBkpDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were great....although Ruth's Chris steak with butter cannot be beat. These had excellent flavor and the sides were fantastic! Also the wine selection was incredible! The one thing that stood out was the staff. Scott, our waiter, and was excellent, several other wait staff attended to us (filling water glasses, etc.) and even two managers stopped by quickly to make sure we were being taken care of. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Filet melted in our mouths!MeltyDined on 8/8/2014We went for the restaurant week menu and each of my party was delighted with everything. I did eat way too much of all the delicious breads first. New England clam chowder was definitely one of the best I have ever had with the perfect "mouth feel". The side order of potatoes au gratin were excellent and the steak was the best I have ever had. Even the cheesecake was above and beyond. We enjoyed all of our server's recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!!!!MaggiVIPDined on 8/8/2014You did it again! Always top notch! The Capital Grille never disappoints. Mark, our server, is always at the top of his game. Our steaks were prepared perfectly. The Generous Pour was fabulous. Thank you for a most enjoyable evening from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellabeanDined on 8/8/2014Excellent, enjoyed restaurant week. Would like to see one side included with meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessHungryEDined on 8/8/2014Flawless! Our server, Manuel, went above and beyond. Food was great, service was impeccable, just a great overall experience.Special Features:
- Great service and foodchesapeake1971Dined on 8/7/2014My husband and I went for restaurant week. The service was fantastic and the food well cooked. It is busy and crowded, but the restaurant wasn't too loud at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentBonnieDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant has impeccable service and deserves its reputation as a special event restaurant. Wish I could afford it more often!Special Features:
- Special occasionsjjs66Dined on 8/6/2014Our place for "special" occasions. The food , staff and have never disappointed.Special Features:
- classyheatDined on 8/6/2014We visited Baltimore and wanted a quiet, fancy dinner. the capitol Grille gave us exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014Stellar service from Carlos. Dined here previously and enjoyed the food a lot. This time around, lunch fare was somewhat underwhelming, with an unappetizing tendon running though my sirloin.Special Features:
- Best steak house in townAnnieDined on 8/5/2014The Capital Grill is by far THE BEST steak house, if not the best restaurant in town! We came here on a Tuesday night during Restaurant Week. We still felt very special even with a packed house. The food was amazing and the service was perfect. A truly 5 star experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining ExperienceSallyAnnVIPDined on 8/5/2014We went for Restaurant Week so our dinner was a great buy but the restaurant was very crowded and our table was not well located. My husband's steak was overdone but it was immediately replaced by a perfectly done steak presented by the chef. Our waitperson, Manny, was terrific. He made sure that our every want was met, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekJeanneVIPDined on 8/5/2014It was good, but I think because of crowds for restaurant week the food not quite as good...steaks overcooked a litttle. Great deal thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LwfoodieDined on 8/4/2014Pricy but delicious. Excellent service. Dessert was incredible ( flourless chocolate espresso cake)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Not terribly impressed with dining experience, especially waiter service. Waiter was not very friendly or personable.
- Great ExperienceSoupoftheDayDined on 8/4/2014From the moment we walked in the door until we left it was a great experience. The staff was knowledgable and very helpful in recommending dishes when we couldn't decide. Brittany Olson was a fabulous server and made us feel like we were her priority. The food was amazing and cooked perfectly even though I had a somewhat specific order. Thank you for such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTillmoore2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was great and the service was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyBaltimoreDined on 8/4/2014It was a great experience dining at Capitol Grille. The food was exceptional and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014Not much more to say other than that every thing we ate was delicious, from the different types of bread served, clam chowder soup, 8oz filet (with the Kona rub - it's amazing), and flourless espresso cake. We also tried a couple of sides - the parmesan truffle fries are a must. Great good, great service (very friendly and attentive but not over the top!). It is pricey though, so maybe more of a special occasion place unless you have expendable income :).Special Features:
- ImpressiveBaltimoreBelleDined on 8/4/2014Food was prepared to perfection. Service discreet and fast. Meal enjoyed to the utmost.Special Features:
- pickeyeaterpickeyeaterDined on 8/3/2014Went for restaurant week which I think is a gimmick. For the $30 meal, I wound up paying $135.00 (tax and tip) for 2 people. But, I'm not mad. This is how people make money.I would recommend this to a friend.