The Capital Grille - Baltimore
500 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: 4437034064x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew B. Jaffe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Baltimore
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
The Capital Grille - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (170)romantic (109)notable wine list (108)fit for foodies (75)good for groups (51)great for outdoor dining (36)great for lunch (35)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (22)scenic view (19)neighborhood gem (13)late-night find (12)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (6)Show More
- OUTSTANDINGALLGOOD55Dined on 8/24/2014Best steak in Maryland!! Outstanding!!! Service was very detailed and our servers suggestions were perfect!Special Features:
- Great meat!!!ALLGOOD55Dined on 8/22/2014Best Piece of meat in the city!!!! Service was outstanding!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazingbaltimoregirl2008Dined on 8/18/2014We just keep coming back, our only request is to offer broccoli as a part of the sides menu.Special Features:
- CelebrationDined on 8/16/2014We were celebrating my daughter's special birthday, and used a private room, with a round table. The Grille printed a special menu for us, with the choices I had made for each course. Everything was excellent, but I found the portions to be sooo large! I'm sure everyone enjoyed the evening.CelebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!fullbellyDined on 8/15/2014Great service as soon as we arrive. Complimentary valet, friendly host, attentive server. It was just a great experience. The sirloin I had was cooked great basically melted in my mouth. The lobster Mac and cheese had thick pieces of lobster and tasted delicious. I also ordered the truffle fries and sauteed spinach both excellent choices as well. The manager also came to our table just to see how myself and date were doing. I believe from start to finish this restaurant exceeded my expectation. I will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!!JulesDined on 8/14/2014Brittany was a fabulous server. Her knowledge, recommendations and service were impeccable. We will definitely be back to dine with her again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- likes2eatoutVIPDined on 8/12/2014An elegant restaurant reminiscent of fine establishments from the past. Delicious food; rich and attractive setting; a meal here would always be welcome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital grilleDanLinDined on 8/10/2014Wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious. Service was great. We never felt rushed. As an extra bonus we did not have to pay for parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite DiningLoverofgreatfoodDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant had all the right elements for an enjoyable, relaxed, and romantic atmosphere that presented such wonderfully prepared food to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Our meal was made to perfection! Our waiter was so knowledgeable and taught us something new related to our meal where we didn't feel silly for inquiring. This setting comes highly recommended and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NighthappyfatboyDined on 8/9/2014This was a great experience for my girlfriend and I. So happy we went here. The food, service and drinks were amazing. I would highly recommend to anyone for a great night out with amazing food. If you want a great steak downtown, come to The Capital Grille!Special Features:
- Generous PourJazzLoversVIPDined on 8/9/2014Having generous pour coincide with restaurant week is always a plus. The wines were good with a good variety of the different grape varietals. This was the first time we were seated in the back room. The noise level was much lower back there on a Saturday night (and this was with every table taken). We could hear the difference as we walked through the dining areas. The filet was cooked to perfection. Having the creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes definitely rounds out the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/9/2014We had another outstanding dinner at Capital Grill! We ordered from the restaurant week menu and everyone's steak was perfectly cooked as requested (medium rare). Their filet is consistently the best for flavor and tenderness. The service (Ali, you are the best!) was attentive and made the meal even more enjoyable. For my fellow gluten free diners: Capital Grill is knowledgeable and very accommodating about meeting the needs of gluten free diners even during restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best service aroundTwinBkpDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were great....although Ruth's Chris steak with butter cannot be beat. These had excellent flavor and the sides were fantastic! Also the wine selection was incredible! The one thing that stood out was the staff. Scott, our waiter, and was excellent, several other wait staff attended to us (filling water glasses, etc.) and even two managers stopped by quickly to make sure we were being taken care of. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Filet melted in our mouths!MeltyDined on 8/8/2014We went for the restaurant week menu and each of my party was delighted with everything. I did eat way too much of all the delicious breads first. New England clam chowder was definitely one of the best I have ever had with the perfect "mouth feel". The side order of potatoes au gratin were excellent and the steak was the best I have ever had. Even the cheesecake was above and beyond. We enjoyed all of our server's recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top Notch!!!!MaggiVIPDined on 8/8/2014You did it again! Always top notch! The Capital Grille never disappoints. Mark, our server, is always at the top of his game. Our steaks were prepared perfectly. The Generous Pour was fabulous. Thank you for a most enjoyable evening from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BellabeanDined on 8/8/2014Excellent, enjoyed restaurant week. Would like to see one side included with meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessHungryEDined on 8/8/2014Flawless! Our server, Manuel, went above and beyond. Food was great, service was impeccable, just a great overall experience.Special Features:
- Great service and foodchesapeake1971Dined on 8/7/2014My husband and I went for restaurant week. The service was fantastic and the food well cooked. It is busy and crowded, but the restaurant wasn't too loud at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ExcellentBonnieDined on 8/6/2014This restaurant has impeccable service and deserves its reputation as a special event restaurant. Wish I could afford it more often!Special Features:
- Special occasionsjjs66Dined on 8/6/2014Our place for "special" occasions. The food , staff and have never disappointed.Special Features:
- classyheatDined on 8/6/2014We visited Baltimore and wanted a quiet, fancy dinner. the capitol Grille gave us exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:
- DinerVIPDined on 8/6/2014Stellar service from Carlos. Dined here previously and enjoyed the food a lot. This time around, lunch fare was somewhat underwhelming, with an unappetizing tendon running though my sirloin.Special Features:
- Best steak house in townAnnieDined on 8/5/2014The Capital Grill is by far THE BEST steak house, if not the best restaurant in town! We came here on a Tuesday night during Restaurant Week. We still felt very special even with a packed house. The food was amazing and the service was perfect. A truly 5 star experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Dining ExperienceSallyAnnVIPDined on 8/5/2014We went for Restaurant Week so our dinner was a great buy but the restaurant was very crowded and our table was not well located. My husband's steak was overdone but it was immediately replaced by a perfectly done steak presented by the chef. Our waitperson, Manny, was terrific. He made sure that our every want was met, and the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekJeanneVIPDined on 8/5/2014It was good, but I think because of crowds for restaurant week the food not quite as good...steaks overcooked a litttle. Great deal thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LwfoodieDined on 8/4/2014Pricy but delicious. Excellent service. Dessert was incredible ( flourless chocolate espresso cake)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014Not terribly impressed with dining experience, especially waiter service. Waiter was not very friendly or personable.
- Great ExperienceSoupoftheDayDined on 8/4/2014From the moment we walked in the door until we left it was a great experience. The staff was knowledgable and very helpful in recommending dishes when we couldn't decide. Brittany Olson was a fabulous server and made us feel like we were her priority. The food was amazing and cooked perfectly even though I had a somewhat specific order. Thank you for such a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticTillmoore2014VIPDined on 8/4/2014The food was great and the service was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HappyBaltimoreDined on 8/4/2014It was a great experience dining at Capitol Grille. The food was exceptional and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/4/2014Not much more to say other than that every thing we ate was delicious, from the different types of bread served, clam chowder soup, 8oz filet (with the Kona rub - it's amazing), and flourless espresso cake. We also tried a couple of sides - the parmesan truffle fries are a must. Great good, great service (very friendly and attentive but not over the top!). It is pricey though, so maybe more of a special occasion place unless you have expendable income :).Special Features:
- ImpressiveBaltimoreBelleDined on 8/4/2014Food was prepared to perfection. Service discreet and fast. Meal enjoyed to the utmost.Special Features:
- pickeyeaterpickeyeaterDined on 8/3/2014Went for restaurant week which I think is a gimmick. For the $30 meal, I wound up paying $135.00 (tax and tip) for 2 people. But, I'm not mad. This is how people make money.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The service & food were exceptionalBethDDined on 8/3/2014From start to finish, celebrating our anniversary as we have other times before, at the Capital Grille is such a pleasant experience...from the minute we pulled up and received valet parking, to the lovely and gracious hostesses and lovely table we were given to celebrate at...we were treated to champagne flutes and just lovely service . We took advantage of Baltimore restaurant week and chose that menu which was lovely and had many nice choices...from start to finish a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Best in BaltimoreSandyDined on 8/3/2014This was our first visit to The Capital Grille, and we just loved it. We took advantage of the Restaurant Week special they offered, which included soup or salad, entree, and dessert for $30. I had the clam chowder, the Parmesan and Herb Crusted Tournedos of Filet Mignon, and the cheesecake for dessert, and everything was perfect.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/3/2014During restaurant week, our friends and we usually look for a great restaurant that we normally can't afford to frequent because of the expense. So, we have gone to the Capital Grille the last couple of years during this special time. Our server, Paul, was great, giving us as much time as we wanted to enjoy the evening, even though the selections were pretty much geared to the special menu. As always, the steaks were outstanding, with the 8-ounce fillet being the most favorite at our table. The desert selections were a bit limited, but were very tasty. Of course when you add the drinks and a bottle of wine, the bill adds up, but all-in-all it was a very special evening at one of the best restaurants in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Capital GrillEmeryDined on 8/3/2014Wonderful service, great food and excellent price during Restaurant Week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable DiningMyellagirlDined on 8/3/2014If you want to enjoy 5-star dining this is the place to be. Dress is from Harbor Place casual to special dinner. It doesn't matter since you get lost in the ambience of the restaurant. MY expectations of "Fine Dining" are meant each time I go.Special Features:
- class actLeLe007Dined on 8/2/2014It is always classy at the Grill!!! I enjoyed the food and the staff the most. I love all the Baltimore references...Special Features:
- Very enjoyable with familylovetoeatwithfamilyDined on 8/2/2014We took advantage of Restaurant week and went to one of our favorite places. Again, the Capital Grille delivered good food, awesome service, and good company for my family. The service is impeccable and my children also enjoyed the food. I will mention any names but we tried a new restaurant the night before with my children. I consider my children well-behaved ( 6 year old and 17 months) but the are kids! The restaurant clearly was not use to children and the energy I felt was to 'get them in and out' (kids...how dare them!). This was the total opposite for the Capital Grille. Very welcoming and accommodating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.