The Capital Grille - Baltimore
500 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
The Capital Grille - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.thecapitalgrille.com/
- Phone: (443) 703-4064
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am – 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Matthew B. Jaffe
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Special Events: For group dining or other special events, please contact the Sales Manager today.
A word from The Capital Grille - Baltimore
You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
The Capital Grille - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
The Capital Grille - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (174)romantic (122)notable wine list (116)fit for foodies (91)good for groups (70)great for lunch (37)hot spot (35)great for outdoor dining (28)vibrant bar scene (28)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (14)scenic view (13)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Once again, the Capital Grille was awesome!ThunderDined on 11/21/2014The food was perfectly cooked, bone-in filet and a sirloin along with a two pound lobster. They even threw the steamed lobster onto the grill for me to give it a bit of a charred flavor, perfect! Brussel sprouts were yummy and those parmesan truffle oil fries are to die for! And they are but french fries. The cheese cake for desert was just right, delicious. And the service is top notch! All in all a perfect night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the top of their gameLive2dineVIPDined on 11/21/2014We recently celebrated our anniversary at the Capital Grill. From the moment we stepped in, to the moment we left, we were handled with such warm attentiveness that it made our experience one that we won't soon forget. We had the lobster bisque which was excellent!! Huge lobster pieces (I think there were 3) in a small cup! Delicious caesar salad, wonderful bread basket, wine and martini. Ali, our incredible server brought us champagne on the house to toast, a very nice touch. He timed our dinner perfectly as we were able to chat sit back and relax and not feel rushed to complete our meal. We were then served our filets topped with crabmeat, lobster mac and cheese and grilled asparagus. I don't know how they do it, but each dish was spectacular, not a single plate being less than stellar. Another surprise at the end of our meal was a complimentary dessert that was over the top yummie! A perfect ending to a perfect anniversary dinner. Thanks to Ali, and the management of the Capital Grill for a most memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- myfavoritethingsDined on 11/15/2014My husband and I looking for a quiet dining experience but instead were treated to getting seated next to a party of ten including two children under age 10. Unfortunately the noise level was extremely loud and the kids got restless very quickly. We learned our lesson to be very specific about seating arrangements when making reservations.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for group celebrations ans special occasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014Delmonico steaks was the favorite steak. Mark provided excellent service and great recommendation. Restaurant has great vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch Pickout4funVIPDined on 11/10/2014Two of us enjoyed an excellent lunch at Capital Grille. We selected our choices from the special $18 lunch menu, and enjoyed clam chowder and butternut squash soup as starters. For our main selections, we chose scallops with risotto and a lobster roll. Everything was well-prepared and presented. To finish,we shared a coconut crime pie - which was delicious. As always, service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonsoVIPDined on 11/7/2014Love the attentiveness to good service. We enjoy the bar area because you have two menus to pick from. During happy hour , they pass around some amazing appetizers. We end up being too full to finish our meals. Great take home though! Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great spot for BaltimoreJPCruzeDined on 11/6/2014in a city where more casual dining is the norm Capital Grille is a nice spot to mix it up a little and raise the bar. They have a great selection of steaks and seafood and all the accompaniments you could desire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakhosueThunderDined on 11/6/2014All was perfect! Three steaks cooked to perfection. Lobster bisque soup was delicious with an abundance of lobster. Salads, Brussels sprouts with bacon, au gratins , and the truffle oil fries were outstanding. Oh yeah, the creme Brule and cheese cake were both delicious. Two meals in the last two weeks were both perfect. And the service both nights were the best in Baltimore, a shae above Petit Louis!Special Features:
- Best steak everAprilI80Dined on 11/5/2014Made a reservation easily. We were seated right away even though we were early. Our waiter was very knowledgable, friendly, fun and on top of every detail. My only problem was burning my finger on the pan out potatoes came out in. Lol. But that was my own fault. All around amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cap Grille LunchEO17Dined on 11/5/2014Very nice lunch at Cap Grille. Service was great (Kevin) and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The food was wonderful. From the time I walked in the door til the time valet pulled up with my car the overall experience was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- superbOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014I enjoyed the ambiance as we dined. The food was delectable and the wine pairings made the food even better. The dessert was to die for. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/22/2014As always the food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- overseas family enjoyed their meal!luckiDined on 10/20/2014my new inlaws were in the country for our wedding, and we took them to the harbor for their last night in town. all five of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals from start to finish. we arrived quite early, tired from walking around the harbor for most of the day, and we enjoyed drinks in the lounge area and ended up being shown to our table earlier than our reservation. our experience was relaxing an delicious, as always! we will definitely return to the capital grille again whenever we're looking for a good steak dinner, whether it's just my husband and I or with a group of family or friends.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 10/20/2014Service and food was very good. Noise was noticeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3fansVIPDined on 10/18/2014Always enjoy the Capital Grille. Mark our waiter was very attentive. As always the food is wonderful. The bar staff were very accommodating as we had a drink in their prior to going to dinner.Special Features:
- BonsoVIPDined on 10/17/2014Special place for our special anniversary . Everything was made so nice by the staff, especially our waitress. Great meal and drinks and surprise dessert just for us!. Love this place!Special Features:
- Great Filet Oscar, nice wine listTCooper852Dined on 10/16/2014Everything was good and service was excellent. Great wine offering with worldwide representation. The filet is phenomenal.Special Features:
- momuneeDined on 10/13/2014Great place to celebrate our anniversary. Everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Over the top Dinner!!PattyBVIPDined on 10/11/2014I would give the Capital Grille in Baltimore a 5 star, the food was outstanding, my family especially loved the lobster mac and cheese, and the crab cakes,they thought they were to die for.. I thought the steaks were amazing as well, especially the Porter house! The ambiance was classic, we were a family of 6 and we had this wonderful private room, plenty of room around a large round table. The service was excellent, our waiter Tim was great, I would take my family there again, whenever I am in the Baltimore area! And I recommend it highly!!Special Features:
- Five star quality!Linda421Dined on 10/11/2014Visited on a Saturday evening and therefore quite crowded but were seated upon arrival. We were asked if we would like to switch out our white napkins to a black one. After dining at Capital Grille restaurants for years this was a surprise. The Grand Plateau is a seafood platter and always fresh and delicious. Fried calamari and onion soup were outstanding. One of their specials, a filet on the bone was a treat as it is not available on most visits. The citrus glazed salmon is recommended for any salmon lover. The potatoes au gratin are creamy and can be shared. Another side dish we requested was asparagus wrapped in prosciutto which was tasty and crispy. Disappointed the clam chowder never arrived but the dessert made up for it. Delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMurphDined on 10/11/2014Everything was wonderful for our Anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- ExcellentDianemDined on 10/7/2014Went to dinner here to celebrate my husband's birthday. From the time we pulled up to the valet to the time we left- all outstanding. Thank you Capitol Grille for a memorable experience. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/7/2014the waiter was very good, offering suggestions, wait staff was quick to refill water glasses, food arrived quickly - a great dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Birthday DinnerMarniekbDined on 10/4/2014It was my husband's and best friend's 45th birthday and the experience was fantastic. Jerry our waiter made them feel special and helped with the celebration. Jerry was top notch! Best service and dinner for your birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for anniversarymrjoeDined on 10/3/2014My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary. The staff went beyond their customary exceptional service to make the evening special!!Special Features:
- Romantic Birthday CelebrationmikiminiceDined on 10/1/2014It was awesome! Great food, Great service. My guy is very picky and he left satisfied and with a smile on his face. Our waiter was a quintessential professional, you would want to take him home. All of the staff made you feel welcome from the first time you walked into the place. The food was impeccable. I had a steak that brought tears to my eyes on first bite with augrautin potatoes and sauteed spinach. The wine list, very good and our waiter decanted our wine. I also had a grand maniere cognac. All for an incredible evening that will stay in the memory forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014The food was awesome, not one thing to complain about. Our waiter Mark W. was just fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service...super food!Foodie718Dined on 9/27/2014The Capital Grille is without a doubt one of the best restaurants that we've been to in Baltimore! The service was excellent thanks to our server Kevin, and everything that we ordered was outstanding! I highly recommend the stuffed lobster tail, the seared halibut, and the lobster mac and cheese. We will definitely be returning in the near future!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestbresnickDined on 9/20/2014In my opinion Capital Grill is the best place to eat in Baltimore. It is always consistent and top notch in quality of the food as well as service. Capital grill is my favorite place to dine with friends and family. My wife and I always get the same waiter Kevin who is wonderful!! We can't get past the cold seafood app platter, as well as the truffle fries!!Special Features:
- Sooo good!winonamaeDined on 9/18/2014The best filet Ive had recently! Great selection of sides and desserts too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- roclynDined on 9/12/2014we were there in june and emailed them to reserve the same booth in the lounge area when we returned in sept. when we arrived they made us feel like celebrities. the service was wonderful and the food was sensational. we plan on going again when we return on new years eve.mySpecial Features:
- Business MeetingDTC3Dined on 9/10/2014First and foremost - you can't go wrong with the Capitol Grill. I cannot recall every getting a bad meal here. Where I was a bit disappointed. I requested a private table for a business meeting on the side. This did not work out as I had hoped. The server was a bit too quick clearing food as our guest was not done eating. Little details like this were to be desired. Otherwise - food was very good.Special Features:
- Great experience at Capital GrilleSteveVIPDined on 9/7/2014Wonderful anniversary celebration at the Capital Grille. The service was top notch. The food was all perfectly prepared. The most notable dishes were the king crab salad and the lobster mac n cheese. The halibut and salmon were both wonderful, as were the desserts. To top it off, the management went out of their way to make it a very special anniversary celebration with several very pleasant surprises. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great experienceJennyeDined on 9/6/2014The waiter made my birthday so special with a champaign toast and picture. They treated us like royalty. The staff made my birthday so special. The food is wonderful. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations answeredFlashDined on 9/2/2014When you are seated in a perfect booth and the waiter comes immediately, you have a good start. We each had a cocktail and time to enjoy it. Next we ordered salad, steak and spinach. You can share all side dishes. The steak was perfect, as was the entire meal. The waiter created a card in the computer for how we like our steak. He also gave us his name to ask for him again and we would. It was a great evening.Special Features:
- DockandDineVIPDined on 9/2/2014Liz was very attentive and professional, Jimmy the manager came by to check how things were going. Food was flawless. Our 4 year old was given a coloring book and a DVD player. Turns out the DVD player was Jimmy's kids who out grew it. What a great manager who takes ownership. Just need a Capital Grill on the water now so we can boat over. Lacks a view but has a rich interior. Complimentary Valet parking caters to those used to convenience. One of our favorites when in Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service -10 year AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/29/2014Our server Albert was fantastic. Great food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!evenclanDined on 8/29/2014We took our parents here for their 56th anniversary. They had seated the 7 of us in a quiet corner, as requested, so we could hear each other. They sprinkled tiny red hearts on the center of the table and delivered a beautiful, delicious dessert to them on a "Happy Anniversary" plate. The service was excellent and we were all quite pleased. The fact that we all enjoy each others company and are always grateful to be able to get together doesn't hurt, either!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDINGALLGOOD55VIPDined on 8/24/2014Best steak in Maryland!! Outstanding!!! Service was very detailed and our servers suggestions were perfect!Special Features: