The Cantina - Mill Valley
651 E Blithedale Ave
Mill Valley, CA 94941Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
The Cantina - Mill Valley
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thecantina.com/
- Phone: 4153811070
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 9:00pm
Friday - 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday - 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday - 11:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining for 10-15 and for 25-30
Anything larger and special accomadations can be made
- Private Party Contact: Manager 4153811070
A word from The Cantina - Mill Valley
The Cantina is located in Mill Valley, California and is specialized in Mexican cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Cantina - Mill Valley reviews from OpenTable diners
- pull pork frajitasRoseDined on 4/10/2014Pork was dry, chicken and portabello mushroom dishes were good. Service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Long Wait is not worth itpriceymallfishDined on 3/30/2014It took forever to order and get our food. We had 14 people at our table and food came out at different times with no excuses. Kid food took forever, too. We have been going her for 20+ years and will not make it back in a hurry.Special Features:
- Simply decent mexican in MarinjazrocVIPDined on 3/7/2014We keep coming back to this restaurant for Mexican, not just because it is convenient, but because they get the food right every time. Great Chile Rellenos, excellent tostadas and enchiladas, tasty margaritas, warm fresh chips and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, large portionsJohnVIPDined on 3/4/2014A decent Mexican cantina. It is rather typical California Mexican food served in large portions. Kid friendly and the bar attracts a noisy crowd. Not a place for a quiet dinner. We go there occasionally when the wife doesn't want to cook dinner. Their chile rellenos and crab cakes are good.Special Features:
- The service was awfulDavi13Dined on 2/21/2014From the moment we sat down, and one of our water glasses was leaking from a hole in the bottom, up until the rest of our food and drinks never came, it was a comedy of errors. The food was good, but the service was indifferent.Special Features:
- A SUCCESSFUL MEAL FOR ALLnever2freshDined on 12/21/2013A PERFECT FAMILY SPOT WITH A GREAT SELECTION OF TASTY FOOD, FRIENDLY AND PRETTY PROMPT SERVICE. LARGE PORTIONS THAT ARE PERFECT FOR DOGGIE BAGS BECAUSE CANTINA USES FRESH INGREDIENTS. THEY USE CHICKEN BREAST AND PRIME CUTS OF MEAT, EVERYONE (6) WAS HAPPY WITH THEIR MEAL. NOT TOO NOISEY EXCEPT FOR A FEW UNCONTROLLABLE CHILDREN AT THE NEXT TABLE WHICH SEEMS TO BE THE NORM IN MARIN.Special Features:
- Always fast and goodDharbandDined on 12/12/20135 people 45 minutes excellent food, great service, fine margaritas. Couldn't ask for a better, casual dining experience.Special Features:
- easy, cozy, great foodJeatsDined on 12/8/2013The Cantina has this great quality of feeling like a large, go-to, family Mexican restaurant (easy access, parking lot), with a small bar area that is great for watching sports…(there's even an outdoor patio area off the bar with a TV outside!) AND it also has a cozy, even romantic vibe, inside. the food is excellent, and plentiful - with many choices. you really feel like all your needs are met. note: they close at 9, sharp on Sunday nights. so, if you go that night, like we did - I recommend going before 8 if you plan to hang out a bit. We had to go somewhere else to continue our conversation.Special Features:
- Attentive and tastyHappyeaterDined on 10/11/2013We had a group of 5 and were greeted warmly as members arrived. The food was really good and we enjoyed it all.Special Features:
- Great place for young kids.DebbieVIPDined on 8/31/2013Great place for young kids. Lots and lots of noise. Worked for us with grandkids. Very good kids menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CAMARONES RANCHEROSrichbornDined on 8/25/2013I ordered the CAMARONES RANCHEROS and the shrimp were over cooked.
- Excellent Meals HerequalityfoodloverVIPDined on 7/30/2013Been back recently after not going for a long time, and was pleasantly surprised that the food had improved 100 fold over last year. We have been back several times since. Maybe they have a new chef. The quality of the food has definitely improved and was excellent, the freshness as well. And put together nicely to make a memorable meal. The drinks were very good, but the food was the best! We will be going back tonight again. Between lunch and dinner we have gone a lot in just the last 2 months. I am so glad we gave it another try. And the waitperson is always wonderful here. Love this California Mexican.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marin CantinamcckahDined on 7/14/2013The service was great, but as others have mentioned they don't give you enough time between your appetizer and your entrée, and the same person (not the waiter) serves you your food ( and seems to be rushed and a little confused who gets what entrée. The Cantina has good Mexican food, but not authentic, but I would definitely return and recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!Luv2DineVIPDined on 7/6/2013Jose is the best waiter! My husband is on a restrictive diet and Jose made sure he did not have any salt on his food. The cooks obliged and that alone makes the Cantina a very special place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Mexican, weak MargaritaIrshyugoDined on 6/15/2013The waiter was very nice, but we felt a little rushed - the food came super fast and the help seemed a little anxious to get rid of us - I could understand if it was very busy, but it was not. Other than that, the food was good and the server very nice. The house margarita was tasty but very weak in alcohol - so that was a dissappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJasonDined on 6/8/2013Cantina has been great lately. I have been twice in the past month and both experiences were great. Service is very good and very fast. It's a great place to bring kids, and the food is excellent.Special Features:
- The food is always very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/1/2013The food is always very good. Service Outstanding and quick. Daniel is the Best waiter .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- When craving Mexican in Marin ....OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/28/2013The Cantina is our "go to" when craving Mexican in Marin .... Simply the best! Better than all the rest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was really good andOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/27/2013The food was really good and so were the drinks! They have huge tables which are very comfortable, great ambiance, parking right out the door and also outdoor seating...worth a visit...very family friendly and popular...a surprise ...and definitely on the list for more visits....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Brunch, Good for DinnerOregoneDined on 5/4/2013We had brunch here on a Sunday and it was very good. We sat outside on the patio. They had $5 drinks including a nice bloody mary. A couple of weeks later we had dinner there. The food was good, but not quite as good as we have had at other Mexican restaurants. No option to get whole pinto beans. It is a restaurant that we will return to occasionally.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is hardly authentic,SusieZVIPDined on 4/27/2013The food is hardly authentic, but it's not bad. The patio is certainly more pleasant than the interior - and quieter. The servers were pleasant, but not polished. If you want to eat rather than dine, give it a try.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/13/2013We had a wonderful experience. My sister has four kids, including twin toddlers. They are a handful! The staff was wonderfully accommodating and helped her feel at ease even when the kids were being crazy and making a mess! The food was great and there were a ton of items on the menu to choose from. The restaurant is beautiful and there patio was very nice as well.Special Features:
- We just had an anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/13/2013We just had an anniversary dinner there and we were very pleased with the service and the food. Can't get any better.Special Features:
- All the food was very good,SouthernvisitorVIPDined on 4/10/2013All the food was very good, especially the table side guacamole. The wait staff couldn't have been less interested in us.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/8/2013We had a wonderful time! Our reservation was honored immediately even though the restaurant was packed when we arrived. The food was delicious and our server anticipated and attended to our every need. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Fantastic dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013I hadn't been to the Cantina in a long time and I was very pleased that dinner was even more delicious than I remembered. Great place for a perfectly enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- The Cantina never fails toGrandmaCCDined on 1/7/2013The Cantina never fails to be consistent in serving good food and great service at reasonable prices. In spite of the crowds, the food is delivered in no time, and the servers always check to see if anything additional is desired. The dining room is attractive -- a super place for casual dining.Special Features:
- Happy hour is for adults andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/28/2012Happy hour is for adults and quite early. There are so many children there early and they are very noisy...so that was a drawback.
- We always love the CantinaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2012We always love the Cantina - great food and good for kids.Special Features:
- Yummy and ComfortingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2012They were able to take our party of 9 and give us a private room. The noise was higher than usual due to the World Series but we were able to still hold a conversation due to the private room. We have been coming here for a couple of decades, minus the few years it was "Maria, Maria". Bringing back the old neighborhood favorite has proven to be successful. We LOVE the Cantina!Special Features:
- The food is always very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/29/2012The food is always very good as is the service. Only problem was the young lady didn't mark us off as Open Table . I asked her twice and she just smiled. It's always very good.Special Features:
- THE BOB AND CAROLE REVIEWOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/22/2012THE CANTINA HAS ALWAYS BEEN A VERY GOOD. THE FOOD IS ALWAYS FRESH AND TASTY. SERVICE ALSO VERY OUTSTANDING.Special Features:
- I showed up early to meetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/14/2012I showed up early to meet some girlfriends for happy hour. WONDERFUL happy hour atmosphere! great deal on happy hour food. 2 tacos for 2.95 - but i advise you to stick with the chicken only! crab cakes delicious too. outdoor waitress not great - had to ask for water 4 separate times (for same glass of water) - she was very nice but my girlfriend also had to ask for bill more than once. Then went inside to eat dinner with family. Hostesses at front counter were friendly and really helpful. For dinner, got a plate of steak only that comes with the fajitas that i loved- very very tasty! did not love the ceasar salad as was too fishy tasting for me, didn't love the tortilla soup although the broth was good. inside waitresses great!Special Features:
- We had very good service fromOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/9/2012We had very good service from Daniel. It's always very good .Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/26/2012The service was adequate. The help waiter, server, and bus people worked hard and were very polite. But, they need better training in the kitchen and table service. We went in for brunch - 11:30, as was given the lunch menu. it wasn't until after we ordered that we discovered the one brunch menu at our table lodged between the center The food is at best adequate. We try it every so often hoping the food will improve - but, sadly, it continues to be below adequate. We look around and wonder how the Cantina does so well with the quality and preparation of food. Hope this helps. We'd love to go back to a new and better food prep/quality. Thank you, Dolores Gebhardt
- The Cantina is a great placeMaggieSFVIPDined on 8/9/2012The Cantina is a great place to go for a good, relaxed meal. Good food, good atmosphere, friendly and efficient service. The menu includes the expected mexican fare (which I favor) and fresh fish dishes and other alternatives, so there is something for everyone. We go regularly with some friends before going to the theater, and we always enjoy our dinner and get to the theater on time!!Special Features:
- The food here is decent American-MeSFNative48VIPDined on 7/14/2012The food here is decent American-Mexican. Their self-described 'spicy' beans option aren't spicy at all. So if you want spicy, you'll have to add it yourself! We were there on a Saturday night and it was packed -- and quite noisy, with several large parties. But the price is certainly right and the margaritas are great!Special Features:
- Best Mexican Restaurant inOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2012Best Mexican Restaurant in Marin County. Food and service are very good. The only weak point are the drinks - the Margarita is small and served in a lack luster glass. Why would they not offer a "grand margarita" and charge more?? The waiter says everyone asks for a larger drink but the management does not take action.Special Features:
- Family-friendly with goodLolaDined on 5/18/2012Family-friendly with good food and service but very noisy.Special Features:
- All around just "okay"OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/27/2012The Cantina is all around "okay", the food is decent, nothing to get excited about, just standard run of the mill Mexican food. Service is very minimal, there's not much interaction with the waiters. We go because it's easy with the kids, which is what it seems most other families do. I wouldn't go there if I didn't have my kids with me, I'd go somewhere nicer. I'm kind of surprised by how hard it is to get in, but it must just be all the families with young kids who need a place where they can make noise and have a reasonably priced meal, and the parents can order margaritas!Special Features: