The Cafe - Hilton Americas Houston
1600 Lamar Street
Houston, TX 77010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Cafe - Hilton Americas Houston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/texas/hilton-americas-houston-HOUCVHH/dining/index.html
- Phone: 7135772349x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:00am - 11:00am;
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm;
Dinner:Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Chef Ruffy Sulaiman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Cafe - Hilton Americas Houston
Serving traditional American cuisine with local flair, The Cafe offers a colorful, open-air setting for all day dining. Start the day with the famous Breakfast at Hilton buffet or order from the delicious variety of items on the menu anytime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Cafe - Hilton Americas Houston reviews from OpenTable diners
8 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Overall Good ExperienceTeamCasonVIPDined on 8/30/2014Crusted salmon was tasty and portion size was just right. If you are looking for a heaping-sized plate, the salmon is not for you. Ambiance of hotel is very nice (grandiose). However, the restaurant is in a very central lobby area of the hotel; so moderate noise and distraction from dinner. Might suggest to find a table away front the front area that also includes a bar where college football fans congregated. Again, overall good but not my favorite in town eatery. If I'm in the hotel, I'd eat there with no problem.Special Features:
- Empty Resturantdineout247Dined on 8/9/2014We ate here before a show at the Toyota center next door. Empty restaurant on a Saturday night. Food was okay. Nothing special. Service was okay. I always stay at Hiltons. I am a diamond member. Food is usually very good in their hotels. Next time we will try some place different before a show.
- Luv2eatDined on 7/9/2014I invited friends here and regret it. 45 minutes to get food. Getting a martini was a 15 minute wait. When I got home I noticed they charged us for an extra martini I did not have. I had the Salmon e vegetable hash and it was over cooked.Special Features:
- Pre-show DinnerLinda9Dined on 7/9/2014Would have rated The Cafe higher but although our waiter was excellent, we had to cancel our appetiser and just have a main course as the food took more than 30 mins to arrive and we had less than an hour before the concert started. Food was good but our fries were cold although everything else was fine.
- The following 35 reviews are from the The Cafe - Hilton Americas Houston reviews archive.
- greatLoriannDined on 6/7/2014Had a wonderful time i will be dining there again , i do recommend this for a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014The Cafe was a lifesaver for dinner between sessions of a convention meeting at the hotel where it is located.Special Features:
- Great BuffettJBMNVIPDined on 5/13/2014Dined here for a business dinner this week. We went with with the buffet option which offered chicken with pesto (stuffing), fish, and prime rib for a great price. The corn bisque was not a fan favorite for our table, but the prime rib was some of the best we've ever had. The selection of desserts was also great and very tasty. The service was some of the best we've seen as well. We had a very attentive server who took great care of our party of 6. She was awesome. Pricing was good for being a Hilton and being a hotel restaurant. I'd go back again for sure.
- Mother's day funcasualdinerDined on 5/11/2014My wife and teenage boys thought the brunch choices and food quality were both excellent. The bottomless Mimosas added to the celebration.Special Features:
- Under Valued Mother's Day BrunchSikandarDined on 5/11/2014I came into this dining experience with the expectations of a special Mother's Day setup to celebrate the special occasion. This was especially true since it was being billed as such. What I found was a very brunch buffet I would find on a normal Sunday during the year. I've been to other less expensive brunches closer to home where they offered far more for less. I was hoping to make this a new tradition for the family but it looks like I will have to keep looking.Special Features:
- Courteous and Great Service!TwayneDined on 5/11/2014A special thanks to Carmen, Cafe' Manager on accommodating my family for the Mother's Day Brunch. She went over and above in making sure that we could partake in the brunch considering our reservation was for the breakfast buffet. Secondly, our wait staff, Stevie was exceptional as well. She made sure that we were well taking care of during our dining experience. The selection and variety of food was superb! Last note, the Chef that day made personal visits to each and every table in order to make sure that the meal met expectations. It met my expectations and more!Special Features:
- Outstanding service!MarkGwithHoustonFirstVIPDined on 5/6/2014The wait staff really makes you feel special. They are always available without being too pushy. Just the right environment for a business meeting. I had the salmon and it was excellent. I look forward to coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunchalcr1954Dined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch did not disappoint. Food, service and our waiter, Norman, were outstanding. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Easter Brunch!RadioprinceVIPDined on 4/20/2014Food selection was awesome and the service was incredible. Everyone was so helpful and friendly on Easter and they really catered to our children to make it special for us all.Special Features:
- Easter BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Food and delivery was outstanding! The only problem was the price! The adult per person price can't be justified despite the food and service and ambience! Because of the price The Café- Hilton Americas will be saved for special occasions such as Easter and/or Christmas!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waynenhoustonWAYNENHOUSTONDined on 4/20/2014We did not have a good experience at this venue. The brunch menu was mediocre at best, but the real problem was the waitstaff. Although the restaurant was not full, we gad to wait an inordinate length of time for initial service and the inattention remained a problem throughout the meal.Special Features:
- GREAT FOODSuzie467VIPDined on 2/9/2014Extremely poor service! Need a little lesson in teamwork!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful ExperienceMarlVIPDined on 1/22/2014Although we had a reservation, there was no staff who even knew where reservations were recorded. Luckily there were empty tables so we were seated. Our waitress took our order writing nothing done. Wrong drink order came. After 30 minutes only our beverages and my side salad had arrived. Our sandwiches had not. Within that time, neither our water or soda were refilled. We called the manager over, told him of the poor service and we left to go somewhere else to eat dinner. We will never go back as the service was pathetic.
- Christmas Day Brunchfood1divaVIPDined on 12/25/2013this is the 2nd year we have come as a large family group to enjoy this wonderful Christmas Day Brunch. The staff is so accomodating and friendly and the food is REALLY good. We plan to make this our annual family gathering on Christmas Day. We appreciate the staff for giving up their own holiday to make our day so wonderful. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christmas buffet hilton americasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013I was very pleased with the buffet. We were seated with a short wait. Food was very good. Happy with the service. Will go to the Christmas buffet again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Where was the sweet potato pie?aussieDined on 12/25/2013I think the food that was available was very nice, but I missed "the title" and different pies for the desert.Special Features:
- Bad Service and Bad Food 2 timestheshe3Dined on 12/14/2013After having bad service at the previous visit, I tried the Cafe again. Big mistake! We waited for a 10 minutes for service. We ordered and the food took forever to arrive and my husband's steak was tough. In the middle of our meal, our server left. No one even came by we had to flag down a manager just to get our water refilled. When another server finally stop by to ask how was the meal, it was 30 minutes. later. When we asked why were most of the guests walking to the back, our server told us about the buffet. We told her that a buffet option was never mentioned. Offering to get the manager to apologize was no saving grace. Spending $60.00 on a bad meal and service is what the apology should have been for.
- Online booking didn't work!AmrendraDined on 12/7/2013I had booked a table for three and got email confirmation. However, when we reached there we were told that there is no table reserved in my name! Fortunately there wer tables available and we could eat but what if there was no table?Special Features:
- A 2013 Thanksgiving Thank YouJeannieBobDined on 11/28/2013Thanks to Americas Hilton for making our Thanksgiving dinner a great success. After a bit of a wait, we got our party of 7 seated for our 1:00 reservation. Rommel, our waiter, was most attentive, and the selection of food from the buffet was excellent. Loved having breakfast items to choose from, also. We have recommend your Christmas buffet to many of our friends, as we are sure it will be just as good as the Thanksgiving buffet. The paid parking voucher at the end of our meal was a very nice surprise! Thank you. We will definately be back! Great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent MealOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2013Was a little reluctant at first when making the reservation, combining the smaller menu with a larger group, but everyone found something that suited them perfectly. One of the specials for the night was a nice prime NY Strip that had a great flavor and was cooked perfectly. We were coming from a convention next door, so we were all dressed a little less than casual, but were still given quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/15/2013Went for brunch with my husband and we both had a main each, shrimp pasta and citrus salmon. The pasta was a huge portion, whilst the salmon was on the smaller size it was delicious. Good value . Would recommend for a brunch.Special Features:
- We arrived there on time,LeotangVIPDined on 5/15/2013We arrived there on time, but waited 10mins to get seated. Too many guests, and the waiters/waitress couldn't pay too much attention to each table.
- Our first time at the CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2013Our first time at the Cafe was for Mother's Day brunch. The food was outstanding, as was the wait staf.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went in for Mother's day andLynwoodDined on 5/12/2013Went in for Mother's day and they had a nice crowd. We had to wait a little bit 5- 10 minutes before checking in due to line but was seated immediatly since we had reservations. They had kid friendly food selections as well as adult fare on the menu so there was something for everyone. Th eFloor Manager as well as a chef came around to each table and made sure everyone was happy.They then provided my Wife with a Rose which was a very nice touch. We would consider going back again and recoomend to family's with or without kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BuffetchubbyvikingVIPDined on 5/12/2013The service in the beginning was horrible. We stood in lines (multiple) for over 20 minutes waiting for our table. The hostess did not seem to know what she was doing. Once we sat, it was another 5-10 minutes before we were acknowledged. From this horribly rocky start, the meal went very well. The service became very attentive and the food was very good for a buffet, which is very difficult to keep the food fresh. Aside for the very troubling start, it was a very good meal.Special Features:
- Will be back!okixDined on 5/12/2013Waiting staff were courteous and the food was great. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Ready and Not Worth the Cost4GreatfoodDined on 5/12/2013When we arrived we were seated in a room with two large oval talbles that coild sest 8. The tables were not set, so we had no silverware. We did not know who our server was and did not see our server for about 10 minutes. The table next to our was being set firt even though we were already there and had no silverware. We served ouraelvrs coffee and water. Even after a staff member began helping and getting us silverware it came slowly; first the dessert spoon, then a salas fork, then a knife, yhen a second knife and so on. This continued through our second trip to the buffet. Alos, the wait staff had no idea who was to validate our parking. Finally our wait persin took our parking ticket to the front desk and got it validated.
- Not good choices for noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/25/2013Not good choices for noise rating - We were in a closed room and it was still extremely loud.
- Excellent presentation andOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 3/31/2013Excellent presentation and buffet selection. Very helpful and attentive staff.Special Features:
- We are repeat customers, havingPedalsmomDined on 3/31/2013We are repeat customers, having spent Easter 2011 and Mother's Day 2012 here at the Cafe. We decided to dine at the Hilton this Easter, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience yet again. My dad and husband were a bit miffed that there was no prime rib (only rack of lamb), but the gorgeous macarons on the dessert table more than made up for it.Special Features:
- We were very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/31/2013We were very impressed with the head chef with his introduction to the table. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- Our family came here for EasterOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/31/2013Our family came here for Easter brunch. The food was great and the staff was very friendly. Everyone had a smile on their face and the staff that was attending buffet spread was very helpful. Not sure how often they do special occasion brunch buffets but we will definitely be returning!Special Features:
- Food was bland, nothing specialJessietoVIPDined on 3/30/2013Food was bland, nothing special about this place. I suggest going somewhere else Downtown for a much more memorable experience.
- Over priced lunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2013Average food for a very expensive price. Lunch buffet had very limited selection and the cost of 22 dollars ( tax included) was a bit much. Would definitely not recommend
- Return Customer, Never To ReturnOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/21/2013The service was sloooow! We made reservations for 6 and we had to be next door at The Toyota Center at 7:30. We did get out of there in plenty of time don't get me wrong, but it took a while for us to get started with the ordering. I had an initial feeling that this was not going to be top of the line staff. It's a shame because I've eaten here two other times and I was left with a very positive impression. I wasn't sure what the problem was. We decided to split one entree. I was afraid to spread out the evening with appetizers, salads, entrees, and dessert. We waited forever for someone to come by our table during our meal to get drink refills, which was just tea and water. I just expected the service I'd had before and was disappointed.Special Features: