The Burger Cellar
3391 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4N 2L8Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
BurgersPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Burger Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theburgercellar.com/index.html
- Phone: 6473450084x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers
- Executive Chef: David Carter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Burger Cellar is able to provide a variety of different dining arrangements to complement your style of event. We have event planners on-site available to assist you with creating the perfect dining experience for your group.
- Private Party Contact: Janice Chew 647-345-0084x
A word from The Burger Cellar
Comfortable yet upscale environment offers excellent food, prepared from scratch by an enthusiastic team with the unique and diverse wine selection. We are your destination for family dinners, friends get together or just stopping in for a drink after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Burger Cellar - Best Restaurants in Yonge and Eglinton ›
The Burger Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)kid-friendly (24)good for groups (22)great for lunch (17)fit for foodies (14)notable wine list (10)hot spot (8)special occasion (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (2)romantic (1)Show More
- Good BurgersTimdDined on 9/5/2014Burger Cellar is one of several upscale burger places open in this area; in fact there is one just about 3 doors north of Burger Cellar. We were there for lunch. Good burgers. I think with a name like burger cellar you would be silly to order anything else, but there is a large menu. The burgers we had were very good. The only complaint is that condiments, aside from very standard mustard, relish, and ketchup are $1.25 extra. That is expensive when you are already paying a premium for a burger.Special Features:
- Good food, service sucksjulezmarDined on 8/29/2014I went with 2 friends on a Friday evening, around 7 pm. The restaurant was about half full and the patio was empty. We were seated on the patio but the server seemed to have forgotten about us. Took 30 min to get our waters, another 10 for the drinks and another 30 for the burgers. The server was very apologetic which was nice but the excuse seemed well rehearsed which lead me to believe this was not an exception. Moving on the food, the burger was filling amd yummy, I'd give it a 7.5 / 10 for the basic beef option, although I am curious to try the bison patty at some point. Toppings were fresh/good quality for the price. The best part was the wine pairing which was bang on (again, considering the price).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Food and service always A1 and it is our neighbourhood haunt! This was the first time I had the broiled chicken and it was fantastic! It should be renamed The Chicken Cellar!!Special Features:
- Great place to dineGreatVIPDined on 8/23/2014From the moment you walk into the restaurant till the end of the eveing you feel like you are the only ones that matter. The menu is great and lots of choice for everyone. Wine list is notable. The staff are friendly, informative and highly trained with allergiesSpecial Features:
- Friendly and informative staffVeeBee333Dined on 8/16/2014A busy, energetic and quaint spot fit for any occassion. The bar and exposed brick are a nice touch. The patio and large windows look great but since it was cold out I did not get the chance to enjoy it but will be back to do so. Wines by the glass are fairly priced offering 6oz or 9oz at $9-17 per glass. The burgers are made with horomone free beef which is the most inexpensive type of meat. Other offerings include "Natural" which is organic and "Bison Organic". The orders do not include any sides as they are all at an additional cost. The ceasar salad dressing is made in house and is spicy and salty from the garlic and one of the best I've had. The burgers were a bit on the small size and overcooked with no pink in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger-Meister Meister-BurgerNancyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Always reliable good food and great service. Jeff the waiter is always happy and helpful and fun.Special Features:
- CondimentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The one criticism I have regarding your restaurant is the condiment portion. I needed a magnify glass to see the ketchup. When you're having burgers and fries, your condiment tray you're presenting is not enough, This was the fifth time I have been to the "Burger Cellar". I have never been disappointed and the four new guests that we were with enjoyed their evening very much. We will be back. Thank you Mr. Burger Cellar. Arnie CohenSpecial Features:
- GreatVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food, service, wine: and can easily address food allergies. Have a small patio to sit outside. Would not hesitate to recommend for any special occasion, great neighbor gem. Jeff was our server and he was amazing in all aspects. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014The burgers were excellent, as well as the fries and onion rings. Shakes were good too. Restaurant was a bit noisy though. Our waitress was excellent; very nice and always had a smile.Special Features:
- Fantastic!KevinVIPDined on 7/11/2014Never let down by the food or the service at Burger Cellar. I have been going for a very long time now and not once have I had anything to complain about. Servers are very friendly and fast. Food is outstanding, definitely my favourite burgers anywhere. Clean and great ambience. If your looking for a place to catch up with friends or family over food definitely a great place to pick just make sure to go a little later because it is family friendly and kids can be loud at the earlier dinner times.Special Features:
- ChangeSlindaDined on 7/11/2014Not as good as the first time we were there, both the salad and grilled cheese lacked the wow factor. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Burge CellarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent restaurant. Owner and staff are always so friendly and helpful The best burger spot in TOI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best hamburgers in towncockerpooDined on 6/29/2014This was our third time at The Burger Cellar Fairlawn. The Angus burgers are spectacular and very little grease. We also enjoy the sweet potato fries and Asian slaw. Wait staff are friendly and the duty manager Andre is very friendly and helpful. Altogether a fun experience - we'll be back. Barbara & RobertSpecial Features:
- Great foodilovegoodfoodDined on 6/28/2014We went on a recommendation from a friend, and we were not disappointed. Two had different burgers, and one had the steak. Everything was cooked to order, and the food arrived promptly and hot. The place is loud, so it is ideal for kids and families. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth trying if haven't beenScottiesDined on 6/15/2014Food is good. One may or may not think it's worth the price. Server is friendly but kitchen is slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BurgerFoodieDined on 6/12/2014Best burger in town. Lots of choices and great service.Special Features:
- Hearty burgersVictoriaHDined on 6/6/2014Great customer service, good burgers, good place for a casual drink and dining night with a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome CocktailsLizzywinonaDined on 5/31/2014Between my girlfriends and myself we tried several cocktails and they were all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but great food.JavanoidDined on 5/31/2014Great food, but a little loud for my taste. We went here on a Saturday night at 7:30 for a quick dinner. We had reservations so we were seated quickly and the service was good. Started with Duck Poutine (which will make me come back) and then had burgers. The burgers were cooked well, not dry, and flavorful. That being said, the buns couldn't stand up to the burgers or toppings - and that includes the burgers you can order from the signature menu. Even though we ended up finishing burgers with knives and forks, they were pretty good, and I would recommend you try this restaurant if you like burgers. Just be ready to put up with some noise from the crowd while you eat! Make sure you get the chipotle mayo with anything you order though.Special Features:
- The following 99 reviews are from the The Burger Cellar reviews archive.
- Burger Cellar Mmmmmmm!SammyVIPDined on 5/22/2014Burger Cellar is an upscale place with delicious hamburgers and a great wine list! Lots of above average wines by the glass! This is a great place for men who love hamburgers and for women that like a bit of ambience and a nice glass of wine! Lovely servers and fun social vibe!! And my burger was simply DELicious!!Special Features:
- Heavenly Delicioius BurgersyumburgersDined on 5/9/2014My last experience at the Burger Cellar was outstanding. The food was EXCELLENT and so was the energetic vibe that revolves around the restaurant. It is definitely a kid friendly zone. The issues I had were: 1. The server first seated my boyfriend and I in a secluded back section where a party of 5 year olds were - they did get us a better table. 2. The overall staff was amazing, however, it was high understaffed for a Friday evening. Overall, the food was great! I would definitely recommend the duck poutine and the BCB - it's to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A crack in the diamondTravel2EatVIPDined on 4/26/2014This could be an amazing place all around. Food is okay, the service is average but the room is great.. The only thing that is worth remembering; I asked for a steak sauce and they charged me $1.25 for it. Just the fact that they didn't tell me there was a charge and that they even charged for a steak sauce, tells me that this is not the place I want to go back to. Burger Priest next door is a better value in this regard!! This restaurant left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Local, casual spot with great foodLesannDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed a great burger with an amazing side salad (arugula/spinach), and a nice glass of wine. Very good!! As the Burger Cellar is a family friendly restaurant, there were quite a few large tables with small children running around. We left our kids at home this time, and don't mind the noise but if you are looking for a quiet, romantic place, book your table for later on, when presumably, there will be fewer kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usual!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014Another great dinner! Love that you can always count on a great meal, great service and of course great wine.... Never rushed if you want to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers that do not disappointNormanDined on 4/20/2014We have been to The Burger Cellar a few times. They have a great choice of different burgers. I like my burger simple, but occasionally go for one more dressed and I have not been disappointed. Their waiters and waitresses are very knowledgeable and attentive. Good food, pleasant decor, not too noisy, all for a tasty evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burgerloverDined on 4/19/2014service was slow, had to ask for a few things several times before we got them. but the food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to burger fix!!!miamifoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2014Too cold still for my BBQ :( love the BCB and deep fried pickles... my kids love the poutine! Sitting by the fireplace is cozy on a dreary daySpecial Features:
- Will come back againChrisDined on 4/19/2014It was our first time there, even though the place had been open in our neighbourhood for over a year. We went with our 3yr old and the waiter brought out her food pretty quick which was excellent. There are a few other "kid friendly" places in Yonge & Lawrence area where we have waited 35 mins or longer for food. Kids just can't wait that long. Our burgers were excellent, everything was nice and hot, the wine was very good. I thought it was nice that they didn't charge us again for a refill on my kids chocolate milk. We went for dinner around 5:30 so we probably missed the "non-family" dinner crowd, but would definitely go back again with or without kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DorsterDined on 4/18/2014I don't eat red meat, so was happy to see a burger restaurant offering turkey and veggy burgers. The wait staff make this a fun "go to place", especially Barbara.Special Features:
- upscale burgersmsfoodieDined on 4/12/2014The burgers good and I liked that you could choose the type of beef you wanted. Great sharing apps. I had the posh burger (natural) and it was delicious. Others in my group found their burgers a bit dry. The duck poutine was fantastic. Service was okay but not terribly attentive although the food was quick to arrive. I'd definitely go back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun spotLadyJDined on 4/11/2014We enjoyed our night out for burgers! Definitely worth the splurge. We had a reservation and were seated promptly in a less busy spot in the restaurant. It was comfortable, very friendly and all the staff were very accommodating The burger was tasty as were the onion rings and creamy cole slaw. The sweet potato fries were good, but not hot enough. The final splurge, a sundae was perfect. We found it to be rather expensive for burgers We would go again to try other things on the menu!Special Features:
- Very busy restaurant but notOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/29/2014Very busy restaurant but not very big. Servers only seemed to have a few tables in their section and service was very poor even with only having a few tables. Lots of children running around screaming. Not what I expected from the outside of this restaurant or location at all. The only good point was the supervisor noticed we had been waiting a very long time for our bill and deducted the apps.Special Features:
- This was our first time andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2014This was our first time and very surprised by the amount of kids and the noise level. I would only go again later in the evening when there is less chance of so many loud children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerrufus13Dined on 3/15/2014Great burgers and onion rings. Great service - nice for casual dining for all ages. This is the third time we have been and have never been disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great serviceburgerqueenDined on 3/15/2014Our waiter Dave was helpful, funny, fantastic. We would go bacl for him!Special Features:
- Best burgers in T.O. ComecaymusVIPDined on 3/11/2014Best burgers in T.O. Come in or take out...this is a better option than all the other burger places..plus there's great beer and wine selection and Kawartha Dairy ice cream and milkshakes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale Casual and ComfortFoodBunDined on 3/6/2014This is my 3rd visit to The Burger Cellar and I will continue to go back. There is a great selection of burger options and they are prepared so well; compliments to the chef. The ambiance is relaxing while also being lively (without feeling too busy). Price points are reasonable and the staff are fantastic from the hostess, bar staff, and servers. My compliments to everyone!Special Features:
- Say no to Gluten FreeIndependentDinerDined on 3/5/2014The burgers here are fantastic but the gluten free bun should be avoided. This was my second visit to The Burger Cellar and the first visit had been much better. I had made a reservation for 8 people and when we arrived they had not realized that there was a reservation for 8 on their list. They needed to set the tables so an extra 10 mins was spent standing around. Not normally a big deal but it was not busy so the oversight should not have happened. I recommend you call for large group reservations to make sure everything is good to go before arriving. I think the wait staff was new which probably contributed to the confusion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booking failureOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We had booked a table for 7:30 pm and were taken to our table at 8:00 pm. Yes, we waited for thirty minutes at the entrance, always hoping it was minutes away before our table would free up. We had a reservation. The reason why is still a bit of a mystery. Maybe it was guests that would not leave. Maybe it was an error with a bill. Or, maybe the staff poorly managed their tables. Either way, we lived a poor experience. On the flip side, the food & the table service were very good. They restaurant even reduced our bill. Yet, we still left disappointed.Special Features:
- ServiceREVIEWERVIPDined on 2/22/2014The food was good but service not great. Waited quite awhile after ordering a bottle of wine for it actually to arrive at the table. Then waited quite awhile for her to take our food order. When someone ordered a 2nd glass of red wine (different from bottle of white), it never arrived. Decent food but expect to wait and wait some more.....