The Burger Cellar
3391 Yonge Street
Toronto, ON M4N 2L8Neighborhood:
Yonge and Eglinton
BurgersPrice: CAN$30 and under
The Burger Cellar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.theburgercellar.com/index.html
- Phone: (647) 345-0084
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 AM - 4:00 pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm, Thursday: 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers
- Executive Chef: David Carter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Burger Cellar is able to provide a variety of different dining arrangements to complement your style of event. We have event planners on-site available to assist you with creating the perfect dining experience for your group.
- Private Party Contact: Janice Chew 647-345-0084x
A word from The Burger Cellar
Comfortable yet upscale environment offers excellent food, prepared from scratch by an enthusiastic team with the unique and diverse wine selection. We are your destination for family dinners, friends get together or just stopping in for a drink after work.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Burger Cellar - Best Restaurants in Yonge and Eglinton ›
The Burger Cellar reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (32)kid-friendly (23)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (15)notable wine list (11)hot spot (8)special occasion (3)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)romantic (1)great for outdoor dining (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Good neighbourhood burger spotPatioGoerDined on 11/21/2014Burger Cellar is a good local neighbourhood choice for a quick and easy dinner. They have a nice fireplace and comfortable seating accompanied by a great selection of burgers. They are children friendly with a great kids menu. The last 3 times we've gone, their burger specials are worth trying! I definitely recommend this restaurant. Service is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, would come back, but could be better. PriceyTimWVIPDined on 11/18/2014First, the ambiance is very good for a burger bar. It's a great place to bring the guys and watch sports and/or kids. Feedback: the glass from where we sat blocked the TV. If there are sports on, I have an obstructed view. Also, why are there coasters in the lighting? haha Service: solid. Nice people. Food: My wife & I shared a burger & duck poutine. The duck poutine was good as was the burger. What prompts my low food ratings is the temperature. It just wasn't hot when it got to our table. A poutine should be steamy hot, and the burger sizzling. Ultimately, I'm hoping they make this improvement. If we were in the area, we'd come back. But it's pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too LoudLeslawDined on 11/15/2014Let me start off by saying I love The Burger Cellar's food. Whenever a friend comes to town I always suggest we go to there. The concept of choosing your beef and can create your own burger is fantastic The main drawback is the noise level. On Saturday night it was so loud we couldn't hear the server describe the specials. There was an error in our order because he admitted that he didn't hear me say BC Burger. My friends and I couldn't really hold on a proper conversation. The noise level wasn't all crowd related either, the music was too loud. The Burger Cellar is a great local restaurant but unfortunately atmosphere does play an important role in the dining experience as a whole. I was disappointed my friend's experience was not a positive oneSpecial Features:
- Good food, good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/26/2014This is a casual upscale pub where food is very good with a real focus on burgers. They do offer chicken and salmon as alternatives which is great. I booked for a group and everyone enjoyed themselves.Special Features:
- pennyDined on 10/23/2014We have never been disappointed in The Burger Cellar. This restaurants appeals to all ages, it's friendly and energetic, great servers, and the burgers are terrific. PennySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/21/2014Very slow service. Had to ask multiple times for extra ketchup and water. Slow to bring anythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anotheradventureDined on 10/15/2014Service was friendly and quick. Food was great. Our out of town friends thought it was spectacular that they could have their burger without a bun. Although the burger bun here does not take over!Special Features:
- Best hamburgers and fries!!!Garden1VIPDined on 10/4/2014Ww have been going to the burger Cellar on a fairly regular basis since it opened. It was "okay" and convenient to meet and eat as a family. However, the other night, our burgers and fries left all others in the dust! Best burgers ever!!! Best hand-cut fries ever!!! We will be back - soon!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- BogartBogartDined on 10/3/2014Great place for families w younger kids while parents can enjoy a decent quality meal, an extensive wine by the glass list and decent craft beer selection. It's a win-win. Fun to build your own burger among significant choice in toppings. Service is always friendly and efficient and I've never been in where there hasn't been a solid crowd and a good buzz. When we're there prob 70 percent families, 20 percent younger couples on dates and 10 percent retirees.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Good food but much too noisy! We wil not be returning.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem for burgers uptownMCMVDined on 9/25/2014I enjoyed The Burger Cellar. The ambiance and service were great! Not the absolute best burger in Toronto but good selection and still delicious. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good BurgersTimdVIPDined on 9/5/2014Burger Cellar is one of several upscale burger places open in this area; in fact there is one just about 3 doors north of Burger Cellar. We were there for lunch. Good burgers. I think with a name like burger cellar you would be silly to order anything else, but there is a large menu. The burgers we had were very good. The only complaint is that condiments, aside from very standard mustard, relish, and ketchup are $1.25 extra. That is expensive when you are already paying a premium for a burger.Special Features:
- Good food, service sucksjulezmarDined on 8/29/2014I went with 2 friends on a Friday evening, around 7 pm. The restaurant was about half full and the patio was empty. We were seated on the patio but the server seemed to have forgotten about us. Took 30 min to get our waters, another 10 for the drinks and another 30 for the burgers. The server was very apologetic which was nice but the excuse seemed well rehearsed which lead me to believe this was not an exception. Moving on the food, the burger was filling amd yummy, I'd give it a 7.5 / 10 for the basic beef option, although I am curious to try the bison patty at some point. Toppings were fresh/good quality for the price. The best part was the wine pairing which was bang on (again, considering the price).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always AmazingFoodieDined on 8/23/2014Food and service always A1 and it is our neighbourhood haunt! This was the first time I had the broiled chicken and it was fantastic! It should be renamed The Chicken Cellar!!Special Features:
- Great place to dineGreatVIPDined on 8/23/2014From the moment you walk into the restaurant till the end of the eveing you feel like you are the only ones that matter. The menu is great and lots of choice for everyone. Wine list is notable. The staff are friendly, informative and highly trained with allergiesSpecial Features:
- Friendly and informative staffVeeBee333Dined on 8/16/2014A busy, energetic and quaint spot fit for any occassion. The bar and exposed brick are a nice touch. The patio and large windows look great but since it was cold out I did not get the chance to enjoy it but will be back to do so. Wines by the glass are fairly priced offering 6oz or 9oz at $9-17 per glass. The burgers are made with horomone free beef which is the most inexpensive type of meat. Other offerings include "Natural" which is organic and "Bison Organic". The orders do not include any sides as they are all at an additional cost. The ceasar salad dressing is made in house and is spicy and salty from the garlic and one of the best I've had. The burgers were a bit on the small size and overcooked with no pink in the middle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burger-Meister Meister-BurgerNancyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Always reliable good food and great service. Jeff the waiter is always happy and helpful and fun.Special Features:
- The following 112 reviews are from the The Burger Cellar reviews archive.
- CondimentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The one criticism I have regarding your restaurant is the condiment portion. I needed a magnify glass to see the ketchup. When you're having burgers and fries, your condiment tray you're presenting is not enough, This was the fifth time I have been to the "Burger Cellar". I have never been disappointed and the four new guests that we were with enjoyed their evening very much. We will be back. Thank you Mr. Burger Cellar. Arnie CohenSpecial Features:
- GreatVIPDined on 7/22/2014Great food, service, wine: and can easily address food allergies. Have a small patio to sit outside. Would not hesitate to recommend for any special occasion, great neighbor gem. Jeff was our server and he was amazing in all aspects. We will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/14/2014The burgers were excellent, as well as the fries and onion rings. Shakes were good too. Restaurant was a bit noisy though. Our waitress was excellent; very nice and always had a smile.Special Features:
- Fantastic!KevinVIPDined on 7/11/2014Never let down by the food or the service at Burger Cellar. I have been going for a very long time now and not once have I had anything to complain about. Servers are very friendly and fast. Food is outstanding, definitely my favourite burgers anywhere. Clean and great ambience. If your looking for a place to catch up with friends or family over food definitely a great place to pick just make sure to go a little later because it is family friendly and kids can be loud at the earlier dinner times.Special Features:
- ChangeSlindaDined on 7/11/2014Not as good as the first time we were there, both the salad and grilled cheese lacked the wow factor. Service was excellentSpecial Features:
- Burge CellarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/8/2014Excellent restaurant. Owner and staff are always so friendly and helpful The best burger spot in TOI would recommend this to a friend.
- Best hamburgers in towncockerpooDined on 6/29/2014This was our third time at The Burger Cellar Fairlawn. The Angus burgers are spectacular and very little grease. We also enjoy the sweet potato fries and Asian slaw. Wait staff are friendly and the duty manager Andre is very friendly and helpful. Altogether a fun experience - we'll be back. Barbara & RobertSpecial Features:
- Great foodilovegoodfoodDined on 6/28/2014We went on a recommendation from a friend, and we were not disappointed. Two had different burgers, and one had the steak. Everything was cooked to order, and the food arrived promptly and hot. The place is loud, so it is ideal for kids and families. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth trying if haven't beenScottiesDined on 6/15/2014Food is good. One may or may not think it's worth the price. Server is friendly but kitchen is slow.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome BurgerFoodieDined on 6/12/2014Best burger in town. Lots of choices and great service.Special Features:
- Hearty burgersVictoriaHDined on 6/6/2014Great customer service, good burgers, good place for a casual drink and dining night with a group of friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome CocktailsLizzywinonaDined on 5/31/2014Between my girlfriends and myself we tried several cocktails and they were all delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud, but great food.JavanoidDined on 5/31/2014Great food, but a little loud for my taste. We went here on a Saturday night at 7:30 for a quick dinner. We had reservations so we were seated quickly and the service was good. Started with Duck Poutine (which will make me come back) and then had burgers. The burgers were cooked well, not dry, and flavorful. That being said, the buns couldn't stand up to the burgers or toppings - and that includes the burgers you can order from the signature menu. Even though we ended up finishing burgers with knives and forks, they were pretty good, and I would recommend you try this restaurant if you like burgers. Just be ready to put up with some noise from the crowd while you eat! Make sure you get the chipotle mayo with anything you order though.Special Features:
- Burger Cellar Mmmmmmm!SammyVIPDined on 5/22/2014Burger Cellar is an upscale place with delicious hamburgers and a great wine list! Lots of above average wines by the glass! This is a great place for men who love hamburgers and for women that like a bit of ambience and a nice glass of wine! Lovely servers and fun social vibe!! And my burger was simply DELicious!!Special Features:
- Heavenly Delicioius BurgersyumburgersDined on 5/9/2014My last experience at the Burger Cellar was outstanding. The food was EXCELLENT and so was the energetic vibe that revolves around the restaurant. It is definitely a kid friendly zone. The issues I had were: 1. The server first seated my boyfriend and I in a secluded back section where a party of 5 year olds were - they did get us a better table. 2. The overall staff was amazing, however, it was high understaffed for a Friday evening. Overall, the food was great! I would definitely recommend the duck poutine and the BCB - it's to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A crack in the diamondTravel2EatVIPDined on 4/26/2014This could be an amazing place all around. Food is okay, the service is average but the room is great.. The only thing that is worth remembering; I asked for a steak sauce and they charged me $1.25 for it. Just the fact that they didn't tell me there was a charge and that they even charged for a steak sauce, tells me that this is not the place I want to go back to. Burger Priest next door is a better value in this regard!! This restaurant left a bad taste in my mouth.Special Features:
- Local, casual spot with great foodLesannDined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed a great burger with an amazing side salad (arugula/spinach), and a nice glass of wine. Very good!! As the Burger Cellar is a family friendly restaurant, there were quite a few large tables with small children running around. We left our kids at home this time, and don't mind the noise but if you are looking for a quiet, romantic place, book your table for later on, when presumably, there will be fewer kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usual!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/24/2014Another great dinner! Love that you can always count on a great meal, great service and of course great wine.... Never rushed if you want to catch up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Burgers that do not disappointNormanDined on 4/20/2014We have been to The Burger Cellar a few times. They have a great choice of different burgers. I like my burger simple, but occasionally go for one more dressed and I have not been disappointed. Their waiters and waitresses are very knowledgeable and attentive. Good food, pleasant decor, not too noisy, all for a tasty evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- burgerloverDined on 4/19/2014service was slow, had to ask for a few things several times before we got them. but the food was incredible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My go-to burger fix!!!miamifoodieVIPDined on 4/19/2014Too cold still for my BBQ :( love the BCB and deep fried pickles... my kids love the poutine! Sitting by the fireplace is cozy on a dreary daySpecial Features:
- Will come back againChrisDined on 4/19/2014It was our first time there, even though the place had been open in our neighbourhood for over a year. We went with our 3yr old and the waiter brought out her food pretty quick which was excellent. There are a few other "kid friendly" places in Yonge & Lawrence area where we have waited 35 mins or longer for food. Kids just can't wait that long. Our burgers were excellent, everything was nice and hot, the wine was very good. I thought it was nice that they didn't charge us again for a refill on my kids chocolate milk. We went for dinner around 5:30 so we probably missed the "non-family" dinner crowd, but would definitely go back again with or without kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DorsterDined on 4/18/2014I don't eat red meat, so was happy to see a burger restaurant offering turkey and veggy burgers. The wait staff make this a fun "go to place", especially Barbara.Special Features: