The Bungalow Lakehouse
46116 Lake Center Plaza
Sterling, VA 20165Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Bungalow Lakehouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bungalowlakehouse.com/
- Phone: 7034307625x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Sunday 11:30am – 1:30am
Saturday and Sunday Brunch 11:30am – 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Bobby Vickers
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cigar Room, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Cheryl Early 7034307625x
A word from The Bungalow Lakehouse
The Bungalow Lakehouse is an oasis of comfort in the middle of Loudoun County, Virginia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
The Bungalow Lakehouse - Best Restaurants in Sterling ›
The Bungalow Lakehouse reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (37)good for groups (29)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (19)great for lunch (18)special occasion (18)scenic view (17)kid-friendly (13)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (11)romantic (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Improved menurockitmonDined on 9/14/2014First two times we dined here the food quality was very good. This past (third) time they have a new chef who reportedly uses local meats and produce where possible, and a much expanded menu. There were 5 of us and everyone gave their dinners a thumbs up. We called two other popular restaurants first, but each had long wait times, so we went to Bungalow Lakehouse, which was not crowded, and enjoyed dinners as good or better than we have had at the other restaurants. Service was excellent. I assume it has not been discovered yet.Special Features:
- Very nicedanannDined on 9/12/2014We had a wonderful meal in a great atmosphere. Quiet and charming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FavoritemommajanDined on 9/11/2014You can tell they have a chef in the kitchen. Everything was so tasty. I've been there 3 times and always get the thai burger because it has the most amazing flavors and is served w/ a small tasty side of fresh fries. It's like you have Chef Ramsey in the kitchen! My husband had the scallops and my son had the fish tacos, also very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful spotGatorFanDined on 9/7/2014This restaurant is beautiful. The impressive sports bar has amazing large screen TV's. We went for Brunch on a Sunday and it was buzzing with NFL fans as we were leaving at 12:30pm. We sat outside, it was lovely! The waitress was really great too and food came out fast. My husband loved his Mexican style breakfast with rice and beans, tortillas and chorizo scrambled eggs. However I had the Lakehouse breakfast and was really disappointed. In the menu it sounds like SO much food but I was still hungry after I finished. Even the eggs were small if that is possible. The beef hash was pureed and even looked unappetizing on the plate. I am from the South and I didn't care for the garlic sausage gravy on my biscuits.Special Features:
- The bestthebestVIPDined on 8/24/2014A great place no matter the occasion . Love going there and taking friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointingKDINVAVIPDined on 8/6/2014I really wanted to love this place...but I was a bit underwhelmed. The facility seems to be organized into three different dining experiences which i found to be pretty neat (informal, mid-scale reminiscent of Clyde's, a sports bar, and outdoor relaxed seating options). Since it was a nice day, I opted for outdoor seating. Pros: Nice scenic view of lake. Cons: There is a smoking section also outdoors and the smoke will waft over to the dismay of non-smokers and/or people with allergies. So, if you're super sensitive to smoke, you're limited to sitting indoors and you don't get to take advantage of the restaurant's signature feature. The two appetizers we ordered were good (jerk springrolls and crab dip) but entree was bland and undercookedSpecial Features:
- Wonderful find.Food1overDined on 7/31/2014Came there based on great reviews and they were absolutely correct. I will be back.Special Features:
- thebestVIPDined on 7/6/2014Always the best! Keep going back and each time better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mussels + Burgers = GreatDanReissVIPDined on 6/29/2014My wife and I wanted a casual evening meal overlooking the lake - done. With the added attraction of a live band. We shared a order of mussels prepared in a traditional Belgium style [white wine + cream] that was outstanding. Burgers were great as well.Special Features:
- Slow service and food arrived coldlocalfoodieDined on 6/29/2014We had reservations for 6 for 1pm on a Sunday. I requested outdoor seating but was told they were full due to a bunch of walk ins right before we arrived. It took about an hour for our food to arrive and when it did, all 6 plates of food were cold. Nothing was warm, not even the french fries. Water glasses were never refilled, iced tea was refilled but without ice, therefore it was warm tea. The dining room we were in was pretty empty, it had 3 other parties with 3 different servers. We brought our family from out of town with the expectation that we were bringing them to a good place. Everyone was disappointed and it was a huge waste of money. I only recommend this place for the evening bar crowd.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tucked away placeAmblairDined on 6/26/2014Good food, great brunch and relaxing atmosphere on a lake. Cigar bar, various seating areas and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findHerndon4diningDined on 6/24/2014A Specialicious discount offer brought us here. We ate outside by the lake. Service was excellent and the food was well presented and tasty. My husband enjoyed his Buffalo Burger very much. I would not eat anywhere near the indoor bar as the noise level there was deafening. There is a lounge area, with full menu, that is much quieter for indoor dining.Special Features:
- Good choiceCherGDined on 6/22/2014The food and staff were great! My one issue was that it was too dark in the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchgoodfoodDined on 6/22/2014The Sunday brunch at the Lakehouse was a great experience. The food was very well prepared and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedAshleyVIPDined on 6/20/2014I was expecting a decent meal, which I did get. I did not expect the vibrant bar scene. There is the restaurant, which has a nice menu, and the food is good. But there are also two bars connected to the restaurant, both of which were very busy later in the evening. This is a very nice location for a good meal, especially for a younger crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/20/2014The new menu is wonderful. Service is great too. The balcony along the lake is a wonderful place to enjoy a meal.Special Features:
- Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/15/2014Don't do it. It was completely overpriced and mostly old food when we got there. Sucked. I kept kicking myself for the idea.
- 06/15/2014MargitaDined on 6/15/2014It is amazing to me how such a large and spacious restaurant can have a comfy, small, neighborhood feel to it, but they definitely pull it off at the Bungalow Lakehouse. I ventured out there for the first time in March 2014 on a lazy Saturday afternoon, and continue to return. Made a point of taking my sons and their 86-year-old grandfather there for Father's Day. I think what impresses me the most about Bungalow Lakehouse is how much the staff enjoys working there. It is visible on their faces, and it immediately puts you, the patron, at ease. Great place. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day BrunchTopChefDined on 6/15/2014Even though we had reservations, they were NOT prepared for being busy that day. Seems like they were accommodating walk-ins before people who had reservations. Food took 40 minutes (!) and was lukewarm when arrived. They had a special Father's Day buffet but no one really explained it to us. Would have been nice if Father's were offered something special, ie; drink or dessert. I will try brunch again on a less busy day - the menu looked interesting and they have a Bloody Mary Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014We have eaten here before and loved it. This time we were sat in the lounge area where the bartenders also waited on us service was low and we had to call them over to take orders, get refills, etc. They seemed inconvenienced by having to wait on us. The food was good. The world cup was on so it was a bit loud in there as well. I would recommend the main eating area over the lounge.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our go to for any & every occasionAmyAVIPDined on 6/14/2014Father's Day--- saw the ad for their buffet last time we were in but didn't want a crowd. So we decided to go to lunch on Saturday instead. I made the reservation for the patio, but it was actually cool that day. My parents didn't want to sit in the wind so the host moved us indoors with a pleasant attitude and not as if he was being put out b/c now he had to put tables together. As usual, food was awesome, service was great and the owners were in the mix of things doing what it takes to run a great restaurant. In fact, Cheryl noticed us as she was refilling our drinks. Of course she had time to chat and later Keith made his rounds and dropped by for a quick hello! We have enjoyed every dish ordered so far.Special Features:
- Very mediocreEljayceeVIPDined on 6/8/2014This is a good place for a sandwich or salad, but not for cooked food. The Cobb salad looked good (but the "small" salad will feed two and the large will feed more). The crab cakes were overfilled with grain and the mussels were sitting in thick gravy instead of broth. (The diner who ordered mussels had eaten them here before and said they were good. It is unclear if the change was due to error or a different cook. The reviewed meal was on a Monday night). The service was flawed, but okay. However, when the manager learned about the problem with the mussels, he came to the table, acknowledged having seen the problem and removed the mussels from the bill. That was appreciated. And I may try this restaurant again - for lunch - as a result.
- Everything is great but...Kds1VIPDined on 5/31/2014Everything was great but I don't like their policy that even if you make a reservation and request a table outdoors they won't give it to you. Their policy is that it's for walk in's. Sorry but that doesn't make sense. Also think that their smoking area outside should be done away with. As the smoke still filters down to the non smoking area. But the food was good & service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewDipsterDined on 5/27/2014Main dishes were very good. Our party of 4 had the Filet Mignon, Veal T Bone and Crab Cakes and all the meals were tasty, plentiful, well presented and cooked to perfection. Pity they had run out of the Brunello wine which would have accompanied the dishes superbly and that one of the dishes was wrong. All in all we would return for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 201 reviews are from the The Bungalow Lakehouse reviews archive.
- BadDisappointeddinerVIPDined on 5/25/2014Really bad experience...horrible service in an empty restaurant. Food was bad.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/24/2014Great place to sit outside and enjoy good food and good friends. One downside, we were seated near the cigar area and unfortunately the wind was blowing our way. Not very pleasant .Special Features:
- Bungalow LakehousejhsekkDined on 5/23/2014Visited Bungalow Lakehouse for the 2nd time and was not disappointed. Service was excellent (both times) and food was above average. A great alternative to the standard franchise fare.Special Features:
- Mussels UndercookedOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/23/2014We recently ate at the Bungelow Lakehouse and when we complained that the mussels were undercooked, we got no attention from management and no consideration on the bill. The service was adequate; but attention by the server and mangement was inadequate in addressing our complaint.Special Features:
- Pricy but worth itMoms48thDined on 5/18/2014We had a great birthday dinner for my Mother. Superior service and delicious gourmet food selection. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!JsneVIPDined on 5/18/2014Our family just enjoyed a wonderful graduation lunch celebration at The Bungalow Lakehouse. The food was fabulous with delicious appetizers including fried pickles (a favorite), awesome crab dip with crostinis, and Jamaican spring rolls. The wine list is excellent and we also enjoyed the make-you-own Blood Mary's. Our group savored every morsel of the 3 lbs. of delicious crabs and the veal steaks got rave reviews at our table. The manager, wait staff and our especially delightful waitress Noor went above and beyond all expectations for us, and accommodated us beyond words. I highly recommend this five-star restaurant with its enjoyable atmosphere, excellent cuisine and a staff that has service down to a science.Special Features:
- Party on the LakeluvtofeastDined on 5/17/2014A fun location with a busy bar and food scene. Multiple TV's and a rather loud but fun atmosphere with a great bar and food menu. The service was good and the food was delicious and plentiful.Special Features:
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2014We sat in the bar lounge area. It was a good fit for us and our two children after walking through the entire restaurant. The menu seemed a bit familiar from other restaurants we've dined in and was average to good. There was one error on the order which was quickly corrected by the manager and things got back on track. On the whole, a good dining experience. Probably won't go back anytime soon since I thought it would be more cuisine like, but would still recommend it.Special Features:
- Just okLeesburgFoodieDined on 5/9/2014Food was middling. Had Kobe steak sandwich and found it to be ok but nothing special. Partner had salmon and really enjoyed it but risotto served with it tasted overwhelmingly of garlic. Restaurant had good ambience a shame food was average.
- Bungalow Lakehouse always deliversJnLMcDDined on 4/28/2014The one thing that has always impressed me at Bungalow Lakehouse is the great service. The food is excellent. Try the flat bread pizzas. The service is always much better than most restaurants. The staff has impeccable timing to anticipate your needs and is very knowable about the menu.Special Features:
- Still a faveAmyAVIPDined on 4/25/2014We love the consistency of the awesome service, fabulous food and wonderful ambiance. Tonight, however, we were sat next to a table (backed up to their booth) that had a baby. The baby was very noisy and the mother spoke above the noise. We thought we'd be rude if we asked to move. But reflecting once we got home, we should've asked. Who cares if we were perceived as rude? We would've LOVED THE ENTIRE experience instead of just the things the restaurant could control. Note to hostess...you don't have to fill all tables in a row. you can put space between tables until the restaurant is full. This would've been doable since our reservation was at 515...early enough to accommodate.Special Features:
- Easter DinnerSedgwickDined on 4/20/2014I decided to go here for Easter dinner after looking at the menu. It was a great decision! We sat in the bat lounge area and was waited on by the bartender. He was very nice and since it was our first time visiting he went over the menu for us. He made it an enjoyable experience and even took us on a tour following. The food we ordered based on his recommendations was delicious. I will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu RefreshingDougDDVIPDined on 4/17/2014Dining with neighbors new menu caught me by a bit surprised but the chef and team have done a wonderful job refreshing the dinner menu. Calamari appetizer solid. Had the Asian Ahi Tuna salad and it was fresh and flavorful. Will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerJsneVIPDined on 4/16/2014My guest and I enjoyed the crab dip and the fried pickles appetizers, the soup of the day (Cheese and Beer) and two hearty salads that we couldn't finish. Very nice dessert menu too. The New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc was very good and we had a pleasant evening. They have a very busy bar scene but we were able to sit i the dining room and it was enjoyable and quiet.Special Features:
- The weather was beautifulhappydinerDined on 4/12/2014The weather was beautiful and we had a great table right on the water. The scenery was beautiful. Everything else was just okay. Some food was better than others, but the service was pretty terrible (no water refills, ordered drinks weren't brought, food wasn't delivered as ordered, long wait before ordering, etc). It seemed like a busy night so we'll probably give it another try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the Best!thebestVIPDined on 4/12/2014Enjoy taking family and friends to the Lakehouse....they in turn then take family and friends....word of mouth is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.