9736 Traville Gateway Drive
Rockville, MD 20850Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://mfm2013.info/index.html
- Phone: (301) 738-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from The Bukhara
The Bukhara - Indian Spice CrazeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
The Bukhara - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
The Bukhara reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (17)fit for foodies (13)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (5)good for groups (4)special occasion (4)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Delicious food, great servicehurricanewarningdcVIPDined on 11/22/2014We love this restaurant for the awesome food and the always-friendly service. The breads are delicious as they come right out of the tandoor oven and we have yet to have a dish that we haven't enjoyed. (Our son is obsessed with the chicken korma.) it's a neighborhood gem, for sure, but worth a trip, IMO, since there are so few Indian places that are this consistent (and which remind me of my years in London).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly delicioussurfergirlVIPDined on 11/19/2014I can't wsit to go back. Sizzling shrimp entree was excellent. Spinach naam scrumptious. Attentive staff! There were several items I wanted but I loved my choice so may "do over!"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was sluggish1timeisEnufDined on 10/10/2014We had called the day before to change the reservation from 6 to 4, but we had to tell 3 different people that we had changed it. The staff was not as attentive to us as to other patrons. They were very reluctant with serving the Naan. And there seemed to be language and cultural barriers with some of the staff compared to the interactions with other patrons.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/7/2014Wonderful selection of menu items beyond the usual Indian fare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodMollyDined on 9/27/2014The food that we ordered was perfect and I am very pleased with the service too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average experienceWinnyDined on 9/24/2014Plus: Nan's are well made. Tomato shorba is good too. Minus: food quality and taste is pretty average. It looked like they used the same gravy base in each of our dish. Service in terms of interaction, response etc was below average though food came on time.
- hurricanewarningdcVIPDined on 9/5/2014Delicious food, excellent service. We love this restaurant.Special Features:
- Good Indian food, good ambiencetbg22VIPDined on 8/23/2014Nice white tablecloth ambience. I enjoyed my lamb Josh Rogan; GF enjoyed tandoori shrimp. Attentive service. We shall return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian Foodjen4evrDined on 8/9/2014I visited here with Indian friends from out of town. The food was outstanding, even they commented on the unusual techniques of the chef. Vegetarian dishes are especially good. Great location, too, no need to go downtown for great food and as a bonus, parking is easy too. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another delicious mealhurricanewarningdcVIPDined on 8/2/2014Just thrilled that we finally have a great Indian restaurant in the area. Delicious food (tried one of the vegetarian dishes this time - awesome) and spot-on, friendly service. Definitely worth a try if you like Indian food.Special Features:
- Great foodMamatweegaVIPDined on 8/2/2014We eat here quite often and find the food to be consistently good. The service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Great findMiekDined on 7/25/2014Service was great. My girlfriend has food allergies and the server was knowledgeable and accomodating. Food was excellent and was served relatively quickly. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 27 reviews are from the The Bukhara reviews archive.
- Fantastic find!hurricanewarningdcVIPDined on 7/19/2014Every meal that we've had at The Bukhara has been wipe-the-spoon-with-your-naan delicious. The service is equally attentive. This has become one of our favorites!Special Features:
- First timeSofiVIPDined on 7/18/2014Food was excellent. Service a little slow as the place was busy and not that many servers. Definitely will go back again.Special Features:
- Basic food, service, and ambianceRWoodBVIPDined on 7/17/2014This is a basic neighborhood shopping center restaurant. For those in the neighborhood, it is convenient;t for those who are not, it is not a destination restaurant. If one wants to stay in Montgomery County, the Indian restaurants that know how to balance spices while maintaining the heat, there are several better choices in Bethesda.
- Uniquely spiced foodgreenstevesDined on 5/20/2014The ambience was OK. Nothing to rave about. The air conditioning was too cold initially, but we were able to get the servers to turn the temperature up. We had lots of personal attention. One of the servers had weak English skills, but was compensated for by other servers. The food is the main plus for the restaurant. The tastes were unique and flavorful. Papadums came free with the meal. As a vegetarian, I thoroughly enjoyed the chickpea and okra dishes. The portions were generous, and we had no room for desert. The spice level tends to be hot, so I recommend ordering it mild unless you like heat. Prices were very reasonable. We got a lot of food for our money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!SlugVIPDined on 5/2/2014Outstanding food, service, and flexibility for special requests. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:
- Good food, convenient locationanandaDined on 4/29/2014Popular lunch buffet spot. North Indian cuisine. Close to our offices in Shady Grove. Good service and good food.Special Features:
- Great indian food decent priceVioleteyesDined on 4/26/2014Very attentive service, great food made to your specifications. Would definitely returnSpecial Features:
- A delightRebeccaNDined on 4/25/2014The food is delicious and the service is great - makes you feel special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!hurricanewarningdcVIPDined on 4/11/2014We're so glad to finally have a consistent, delicious Indian restaurant in the area. Impressive service and they're very nice to kids, too. Absolutely worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They have put a twist andMarylandDesiFoodieDined on 3/31/2014They have put a twist and come up with some interesting appetizers and entrees....ambience is great....only wine and beer is served.... they need to add some interesting indian cocktails to the list....Special Features:
- The Love For IndialovetodineDined on 3/28/2014I loved the relaxed setting of this place, nice and quiet yet energetic. Definitely returning to try more dishes. My husband tried the lamb curry and it was delicious,and I also tried the chicken kabobs which was also equally good! Thae garlic naan(bread) was to die for! This place will definitely be on the list of spots to frequent.Special Features:
- All about the foodBigJL5288Dined on 3/28/2014The food was perfect! The bread was amazing, the dishes (Karahi Goat and Curry Chicken) were absolutely perfect. First time introducing my girlfriend to Indian food and was very happy the food was so delish!Special Features:
- May be our new go-to Indian spothurricanewarningdcVIPDined on 3/22/2014The food was very good and the decor/service was excellent. Very pleased and we'll go back again for certain.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looks Can Be DeceivingJAH93Dined on 3/5/2014I have eaten at many Indian restaurants in Montgomery County, specifically in Rockville, Bethesda, and some in Gaithersburg. My favorite dish is Chicken Tikka Masala. This is the first time I was actually disappointed in the dish. The sauce was strange looking -- very red with something white swirled through it and it lacked the subtle, wonderful flavor of what I have come to recognize as authentic masala sauce. Bread (Nan) did not come with the meal; it was extra, if memory serves. The service was good but there are so many Indian restaurants in this area (even the tiny one at the Eatery at Montgomery Mall), where I have truly enjoyed the food, I would be hardpressed to return to Bukhara.
- The food here is really goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/1/2014My friend and I really enjoyed the food. The Chicken Curry and Chicken Vindaloo were both well seasoned and delicious! This is definitely authentic Indian Food that folks must try! I like how the waiter asked the intensity of spicy we wanted our food and he got both dishes exactly right in term of spicy preference. Job well done to the staff at Bukhara.Special Features:
- Good food at New Indian RestaurantFoodie4FunVIPDined on 1/31/2014The food and service are both good at this new neighborhood Indian restaurant. The menu is standard Indian fare, without too many differentiation from other Indian restaurants. If you're looking for a pleasant evening at an Indian restaurant, or a good spot for lunch, try this restaurant.
- New Indian Restaurant in RockvilletthechtVIPDined on 11/23/2013This restaurant is only 4 months old and replaced another not-so-good Indian restaurant at the same site. My husband and I went there for dinner the other night and we were delighted to find a place that we could return to again and again. I can't comment on the meat dishes but the 2 vegetarian meals we had were superb--just the right degree of spiciness.Special Features:
- Solid but unexceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/22/2013Nice place but food was not well seasoned. Flavors very one-dimensional in two vegetarian dishes (baingan bharta and palak paneer). Chicken kebabs were flavorful and tender, though. Would order those again but we probably won't returnSpecial Features:
- Traville TreasureMamatweegaVIPDined on 11/16/2013Our return visit to the Bukhara did not disappoint. The food is wonderfully interesting. We were very happy to see that the tables were fully committed. The bad news about that is they need more help to properly cover the room in order to provide attentive service.Special Features:
- Food was delicious and varied.calypsoVIPDined on 11/9/2013Food was delicious and varied. The service was good - despite them having a large party of 5 families with kids (and separate checks!). Great addition to the neighborhood. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!UzBuzDined on 11/8/2013Pleasant surroundings, comprehensive menu, nicely prepared food, attentive service and all this at a reasonable price. What more can you ask?Special Features:
- New favorite Indian restaurant!StevieBDined on 9/21/2013I love this place. We went on a Saturday night with another couple. We shared 4 main courses and an appetizer. All fantastic! Reasonably priced. Excellent spicing. We also got take-out another night. Likewise great food!Special Features:
- Good service, ok foodSus3Dined on 9/21/2013Food was pretty good. Ordered Lamb Vindaloo asked for it spicy but it wasn't that spicy
- The BukharaMamatweegaVIPDined on 9/3/2013We had a delightful dinner here. The food is very good and they tailor your dish to your spiciness tolerance. The service was very attentive. They really want to please.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really great food best IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013really great food best Indian I have been too in the USSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/6/2013Bukhara just opened. We have been waiting for a good, Indian restaurant near our home. It seems Indian restaurants disappear very quickly around here. My family went for dinner on Saturday night. The food was very flavorful and fresh tasting. I would definitely go back.I would recommend this to a friend.