The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
155 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brooklyndiner.com/
- Phone: 2122655400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00am - 11:30am;
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Introducing Brooklyn Diner Home & Office Catering! Let our experts plan your next corporate or social breakfast, lunch or dinner- seven days a week. We can provide everything you need to make your event both delicious and memorable.
A word from The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
Celebrating American ethnic dished found all over Brooklyn, the menu features the kind of real food you crave to eat, just like your mother used to make...only better. Every part of Brooklyn is represented by Jewish, Italian, Irish & other ethnic favorites. The enormous desserts, all baked fresh on the premises daily, surpass every childhood fantasy. Come home again – and bring your friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brooklyn Diner Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (41)neighborhood gem (36)great for brunch (29)kid-friendly (25)fit for foodies (19)good for groups (19)late-night find (12)special occasion (10)romantic (7)hot spot (6)scenic view (4)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- SherylVIPDined on 10/26/2014Ridiculously overpriced. Most of menu was 'guilty pleasure' food (pastrami, reuben, deep-fried reuben) -- but it comes with just a tiny sliver of pickle, and to get a side of cole slaw costs $7. Would rather go for the much thicker sandwiches at Second Ave Deli -- or Katz's!
- Diner foodRichVIPDined on 10/25/2014I thought that this Times Square restaurant would have the look of a diner and serve good food. The place looks like a diner but the food doesn't match most diners I have eaten ate.
- A must go to diner on broadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This is the second time I have been at the Brooklyn Diner and the experience was very pleasant each time. All the staff is very attentive and keeps checking to make sure all your wishes have been met. I found it to be a very friendly atmosphere and an enjoyable dining experience. The outside appearance of this diner could mislead as not being such a comfortable place, but the inside is certainly much more than expected. I would call it an elegant diner where the waiters wear white shirts and ties like in any good restaurant. I had their signature dish, which was a mazing and a well done cheeseburger, which was delicious and juicy. The service is fast, specially if you have a deadlines. I plan to return many more times in the future. Thanks.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014As always, very good and reliable. The staff is wonderful and courteous. Good pre-theatre or anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDined on 10/21/2014The breakfast was very good. I had an ice mocha latte, that needs help. Taste like chocolate milk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An elegant diner breakfastEimshuDined on 10/21/2014The restaurant ambiance is very nice. Perfect blend of NYC diner and elegant breakfast spot to meet business folks who also want to feel a bit of NYC memorabilia without any hint of tackiness. Nice, attentive waiter service, cloth table/napkin service with polished covers. Very expedient service. Food is good/hot. Food is too plentiful for my liking but of good quality. The perfect spot to have a relaxed but elegant breakfast with an out of town businessperson or client. While it is on the pricier side-some times reliability of service and food when doing business is more important and removes stress. I was very happy with the whole experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Mid town choicePmagVIPDined on 10/19/2014Had a late dinner here, would not have tried it had it not been rated so highly since it is in such a touristy neighborhood. Staff was outstanding and the food was excellent. It's not cheap but nothing in Nyc isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday weekend in NYCWeekendwarriorVIPDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant has a good variety of foods to select from. The service was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment333eastVIPDined on 10/8/2014We loved the 57th /St location and looked forward to this one. Wait staff was great, but aside from soups, food was not hot and how could kitchen run out of challah at 6 PM. This is a great place for a ore-theater meal, and it fell short
- Small town delight in the big city!DisappointedVIPDined on 10/1/2014The best of old-fashioned down-home food in a light-hearted, welcoming atmosphere! Step off the chaotic streets of Broadway and enjoy a delicious meal in a quiet, clean, pleasant diner! Greeted at the door by management, the service only gets better as you're seated! Don't miss the chance to absorb a little old NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceDianeMaeDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant was perfect for our needs. Right around the corner from the theatre. We weren't rushed but service was great and quick. Food a little pricey but everything else was perfect. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- McCarthyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everyone was very helpful! Food was great! Would go again. We had a party of 10!Special Features:
- Sunday LunchTedDoesBroadwayDined on 9/21/2014The diner was excellent. I took a business associate. No lines, great food and perfect location for going to theatres. Drinks are very expensive but the food is reasonable. Deserts are huge and can be shared. One tip is to select a good table. They have very diverse seating options (booth, banquet, etc.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent wait staff. Danielle (hostess) is a hospitality pro who really works the room and does so with a smile. Food is above average diner fare. Location is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joe2VIPDined on 9/18/2014Fun place with "retro" style foods. Pleasant ambience. Most importantly, this restaurant is very conveniently located if you are going to see a Broadway show.Special Features:
- Great find in Times SquareFunEatsVIPDined on 9/16/2014Interesting menu, good food, and great service right in Times Square.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goombd3VIPDined on 9/16/2014A restaurant in Times Square supposed to look like an old-fashioned diner smacked of tourist trap, but the food here was quite good and it's very conveniently located to the theater.Special Features:
- KEENJVIPDined on 9/14/2014The Brooklyn Diner has upscale diner food as well as Jewish Deli food. They're known for their chicken soup and huge desserts. A good bet in the Theatre District.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJackVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great service; reliable food (egg creams). The chicken noodle soup is excellent. Also, try the hummus. The pastrami was cut a bit thick but tasted great. We come back every year.Special Features:
- A fun find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Even though it is Times Square adjacent, it seemed like a neighborhood restaurant and not touristy! Food was fantastic with lots of terrific options for everyone! Service was friendly and timely. Would go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming and OverpricedEaterouterVIPDined on 9/9/2014Several menu items not available. $11.50 for an piece of average diner coconut cake.
- DisappointedGDPoloDined on 9/4/2014Not the same standard as The Brooklyn Diner located on 57th street. Very noise, due to work in the adjoining building. Service was poor by Amercian standards. One plus good location to eat prior to a Broadway Show.Special Features:
- Nice after-theater dinner.ClaraLDined on 9/2/2014We made reservations in this Times Square-located restaurant for after we attended a Broadway show. The location was excellent. Don't let the word "diner" fool you. This is more of an up-scale version of a diner. We had their signature chicken pot pie, which was very good (couldn't finish it--serving was huge).Special Features:
- Delicious Diner. Chicken Pot Pie!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014I decided to try this restaurant after I saw segment about their chicken pot pie on ABC's World News Now. I was a little concerned it might be a bit of a tourist trap being just off Times Square. It isn't. The restaurant is wonderful. Nice, old world diner feel. Pleasant staff. And the chicken pot pie is to die for! Absolutely marvelous. The crust melts in your mouth and the pie is stuffed with thick, rich broth, vegetables and big chunks of tender chicken. And they make a good cosmo! The four of us all loved our meals and we'll definitely be going back! The Brooklyn Diner is a wonderful, quiet escape from the crowds and bustle of Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedDined on 8/27/2014food was good, our server was excellent and so was the manager. We were not pleased because we were sitting next to the bathrooms and it was hot due to the AC being on a lower speed. The manager had the air turned up and they were extremely accommodating and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LuncheileenrcorbinDined on 8/27/2014The Chinese Chicken Salad was amazing!!! The two of us both ordered it and both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing not so diner, diner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast options. The Tony Bennett French toast is to DIE FOR! Our server was awesome...would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notforkids2Dined on 8/20/2014My husband and I took our grandchildren, ages 9 & 4, for dinner after seeing The Lion King. This was a bad choice for us as there was no kids menu, the portions are huge and not a lot of choices for the 4 yr old and and was very overpriced.
- Dependable, good foodLeslieEatsDined on 8/20/2014We've eaten here many times and it always serves our needs. This is both a good place to grab a quick meal while on the way to a show (like we did last Wednesday) or celebrate a birthday with family (we've done that there too). A nice diner, which offers a little extra (foodwise) and wonderful attention from the staff. Our recommendation: the chicken soup is wonderful (and huge!) and the chicken pot pie is delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!ByrdVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had a great meal along with great service. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Loved the organic chicken soup, chicken Caesar and turkey sandwich. Asked for sandwich dressing on theside which was served incorrectly however promptly fixed. A bit pricey for lunch.Special Features:
- Kugle kugle kugle!snwhipDined on 8/16/2014The wait staff is handsome, charming and personable. The food is amazing and inexpensive. We've had dinner several times in the city at more expensive places and yet The Brooklyn Diner Times Square was the best experience yet and more than half the price. We made a reservation via OpenTable the day before and were headed to see Hedwig at The Belasco later that night. The entire evening was incredible. I can't recommend this place enough. The pot roast and kugle are AMAZING! Great pastrami too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and service in a convenient pre-theater location. Don't expect diner prices, though. The pricing was not posted on Open Table and the prices are very high. A bowl of soup was $12!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Comfort FoodCapriceDined on 8/8/2014We were totally on sensory overload in Times Square and ducked in here for some quiet and comfort food. Split pea soup and chicken parm were yummy and the staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical american.NorwegianDined on 8/5/2014Eat the american way. Good taste, a lot of food (more than we could eat).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday August 2MarieDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent, the wait staff was very attentive and nice atmosphere. Didn't feel rushed during the meal and was able to linger after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good placeMikeDined on 8/1/2014Good place and good service. Convenient and nice atmosphere. Accomadated my special request for the way I liked my eggs were to be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much of a not good thing...CindyDined on 7/27/2014We were two adults and four kids after a Broadway show. We adults weren't expecting much - but the food was a bit worse than expected. For example, I did not foresee that the chocolate milk for the kids would have a horrible after taste. On the up side, the service was really good. Two members of our party are gluten free, and our server was very kind as we had him running around getting us more information on how the food was prepared, as well as all the other requests we had.
- Is what it is....Leostitch1229Dined on 7/27/2014A rundown restaurant with adequate food. It's convenient to time square but doesn't command the price they charge.
- Overpriced and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Beware of a restaurant that does not post prices--even on their website! Diner style food with fancy restaurant prices. So noisy you couldn't talk to the people at your own table. The food was good--but not worth the price!