The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
155 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brooklyndiner.com/
- Phone: 2122655400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00am - 11:30am;
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Introducing Brooklyn Diner Home & Office Catering! Let our experts plan your next corporate or social breakfast, lunch or dinner- seven days a week. We can provide everything you need to make your event both delicious and memorable.
A word from The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
Celebrating American ethnic dished found all over Brooklyn, the menu features the kind of real food you crave to eat, just like your mother used to make...only better. Every part of Brooklyn is represented by Jewish, Italian, Irish & other ethnic favorites. The enormous desserts, all baked fresh on the premises daily, surpass every childhood fantasy. Come home again – and bring your friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brooklyn Diner Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
131 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (56)great for brunch (43)kid-friendly (38)neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (21)late-night find (14)special occasion (12)romantic (8)hot spot (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014food was good, our server was excellent and so was the manager. We were not pleased because we were sitting next to the bathrooms and it was hot due to the AC being on a lower speed. The manager had the air turned up and they were extremely accommodating and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LuncheileenrcorbinDined on 8/27/2014The Chinese Chicken Salad was amazing!!! The two of us both ordered it and both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing not so diner, diner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast options. The Tony Bennett French toast is to DIE FOR! Our server was awesome...would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014My husband and I took our grandchildren, ages 9 & 4, for dinner after seeing The Lion King. This was a bad choice for us as there was no kids menu, the portions are huge and not a lot of choices for the 4 yr old and and was very overpriced.
- Dependable, good foodLeslieEatsDined on 8/20/2014We've eaten here many times and it always serves our needs. This is both a good place to grab a quick meal while on the way to a show (like we did last Wednesday) or celebrate a birthday with family (we've done that there too). A nice diner, which offers a little extra (foodwise) and wonderful attention from the staff. Our recommendation: the chicken soup is wonderful (and huge!) and the chicken pot pie is delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!ByrdVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had a great meal along with great service. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Loved the organic chicken soup, chicken Caesar and turkey sandwich. Asked for sandwich dressing on theside which was served incorrectly however promptly fixed. A bit pricey for lunch.Special Features:
- Kugle kugle kugle!snwhipDined on 8/16/2014The wait staff is handsome, charming and personable. The food is amazing and inexpensive. We've had dinner several times in the city at more expensive places and yet The Brooklyn Diner Times Square was the best experience yet and more than half the price. We made a reservation via OpenTable the day before and were headed to see Hedwig at The Belasco later that night. The entire evening was incredible. I can't recommend this place enough. The pot roast and kugle are AMAZING! Great pastrami too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and service in a convenient pre-theater location. Don't expect diner prices, though. The pricing was not posted on Open Table and the prices are very high. A bowl of soup was $12!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Comfort FoodCapriceDined on 8/8/2014We were totally on sensory overload in Times Square and ducked in here for some quiet and comfort food. Split pea soup and chicken parm were yummy and the staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical american.NorwegianDined on 8/5/2014Eat the american way. Good taste, a lot of food (more than we could eat).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday August 2MarieDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent, the wait staff was very attentive and nice atmosphere. Didn't feel rushed during the meal and was able to linger after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good placeMikeDined on 8/1/2014Good place and good service. Convenient and nice atmosphere. Accomadated my special request for the way I liked my eggs were to be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much of a not good thing...CindyDined on 7/27/2014We were two adults and four kids after a Broadway show. We adults weren't expecting much - but the food was a bit worse than expected. For example, I did not foresee that the chocolate milk for the kids would have a horrible after taste. On the up side, the service was really good. Two members of our party are gluten free, and our server was very kind as we had him running around getting us more information on how the food was prepared, as well as all the other requests we had.
- Is what it is....Leostitch1229Dined on 7/27/2014A rundown restaurant with adequate food. It's convenient to time square but doesn't command the price they charge.
- Overpriced and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Beware of a restaurant that does not post prices--even on their website! Diner style food with fancy restaurant prices. So noisy you couldn't talk to the people at your own table. The food was good--but not worth the price!
- Very interesting and goodKoelleAlaaf1979Dined on 7/25/2014It was our first visit in an American Diner. The service was excellent and very fast. The food was fantastic. I had a Cheeseburger with Pastrami. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misleading TitleSuzie04Dined on 7/24/2014I was very disappointed with The Brooklyn Diner. It was expensive and the food was not very good. I ordered the "Perfect Plate" with a roasted chicken breast. It was a salad with hummus and pita with chicken for $22.95. The chicken was so overcooked and dried out that I had to dunk it in the hummus to eat it. My daughter ordered the Turkey Reuben which she said was not very good and it was $27.95. I won't go back.
- Nice,butRaymundoVIPDined on 7/24/2014Quit nice diner environment. Lots of food, but quit expensive for average quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wawaDined on 7/20/2014Very dissappointing - didn't feel well after meal. We could have gotten better food at a local restaurant where we live.
- Great dining experienceTSinkyDined on 7/18/2014The Cuban chicken was delicious and perfectly cooked. The Diner's famous chicken pot pie lived up to its reputation. We loved the look of the place with miles of tile and stainless steel. Server Adam was friendly, informative, and attentive. We'll be back when we return to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014As always a great neighborhood restaurant. Terrific for pre-theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre DinnertheatrekidsmomDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed a terrific family dinner before seeing a Broadway show. When one of our party ran late for our reservation, we didn't feel rushed by the staff, and we made the show with plenty of time. Loved the decor and the Chicken Pot Pie!I would recommend this to a friend.
- shishiVIPDined on 7/13/2014Chinese chicken salad is great. Grilled salmon was good but very small. Quinoa was not good but the manager was terrific and comped us dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014Too expensive for what is served! A/C was n ot working well.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Absolutely fantastic experience - great service and food, convenient location right off Broadway & Times Square.Special Features:
- Great save!LovedNYCDined on 7/10/2014After waiting 40 minutes for our meals, our server (only 4th day on the job) came to tell us that she forgot to put in our order. The management stepped in and rushed through our order but the quality of the meal did not suffer. It was one of the BEST meals we had in NYC! At the end of the meal, mgt. came to apologize again and offered some desserts. They even took care of our bill. We would easily return to the Diner next time we're in NYC and would heartily recommend it to anyone heading into the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMaggie912Dined on 7/8/2014This restaurant, diner.... did not open until 8am. Also to spend $50 for breakfast for 2 people was a bit extreme for what we got, which were omelets. Service was very good, but we truly didn't get enough for our money. I know NY is expensive, but for breakfast I was expecting more for the dollar and for them to be open earlier than 8.
- Great food and service!theatermomDined on 7/5/2014Food was great, service was very attentive and friendly! Maitre'd overheard me wishing my niece a happy birthday, and presented her with a complimentary dessert, complete with candle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!IloveNYCDined on 7/5/2014We went last Saturday morning for brunch. It was just delicous! I had the cinnamon and raisin french toast. Best I have had in a very long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, prices, and location!JmfixteachDined on 7/3/2014We dined here prior to an 8:00 show. The restaurant was convenient to the theater, and easily accommodated our party. The food was excellent as was the service. It was worth it just for this, but the prices were well under the expected Times Square amounts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK lunch with a glinchCurlyLocksDined on 6/29/2014My friend and I were greeted and seated promptly. Our server was prompt with supplying our beverages. When ordering, we chose an appetizer in addition to our entrees. After a more than reasonable wait, we asked our server about our appetizer. When he returned, he had our entire order. Needless to say, the appetizer wound up being wasted. (We probably should have had him just take it back.) Our entrees were fine.Special Features:
- Great Food, Large Portions!MomCPADined on 6/28/2014The food here was very tasty and the portions are very large. Service was great and fast. We told them we have show tickets and they made sure we were in and out so we would not be late. Our server was friendly. We had made a reservation and our table was ready when we arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodJamieVIPDined on 6/27/2014the food is way above any diner excellent inventive tasty and friendly for casual dinningSpecial Features:
- Not so muchSamiamDined on 6/18/2014My wife & I had a really good experience some years back at the Brooklyn Diner on 57th so decided to get lunch @ 43rd St location prior to theatre matinee. We arrived around noon and we're shown to our table in the corner of restaurant - good location! Waiter was good, polite, prompt. Since they had an egg dish on menu, we asked if they would make omelets. waiter checked & said they would make eggs, but offered no menu or choices. I just ordered the scrambled eggs with salmon listed & my wife had Chinese chicken salad. Salad was large and tasty but only had 4 small slices of chicken. Eggs were dry and bagel not toasted. Food just average, but service good!Special Features:
- Good food, high pricedLive2EatDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed our lunch at this fine establishment. We did not enjoy getting the bill. We understood that we were paying for location (Times Square). However, the location premium was about 50% over value. A hot dog in a blanket for $14? Really?? A Cobb salad in the $23 range. And the list goes on and on. The food is very good and the servers are fine. This is a perfect example of supply and demand. The supply of tourists is endless so the seats will stay filled. Enjoy your meal but get to an ATM before you dine.Special Features:
- Nice little spot on 57th stJs40VIPDined on 6/14/2014We had a nice lunch before theater. Service good, food ditto, a little pricey for a diner but it's NY it's expected. We would recommend it. They have breakfast menu til 11:15 a.m. Then a lunch menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent recommendation from a friend would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same great place now greaterHarryDined on 6/13/2014We have eaten at both Brooklyn Diners many, many times and find their "comfort-food plus" menu and ambiance to be the perfect pre-theater or pre-concert dining experience. This visit we were pleasantly surprised to find an old friend, maitre d' Jose (formerly of Cafe 123) greeting us warmly at the door and making sure we got top-notch attention. The food was fresh, well-prepared, and delicious as usual. The evening crowd is usually touristy and this Friday was no exception but these NYers are happy to eat someplace where the food is consistently good, the wait-staff respects curtain-times, and the atmosphere is anything but stuffy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large diner portions.NycweekDined on 6/13/2014Think kicked up diner food and add $10 to each entree. The food was good. Not exceptional but good. The portions were extremely large. They could cut the size and drop the prices and this would be a great place.I would recommend this to a friend.