The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
155 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brooklyndiner.com/
- Phone: (212) 265-5400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00am - 11:30am;
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Introducing Brooklyn Diner Home & Office Catering! Let our experts plan your next corporate or social breakfast, lunch or dinner- seven days a week. We can provide everything you need to make your event both delicious and memorable.
A word from The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
Celebrating American ethnic dished found all over Brooklyn, the menu features the kind of real food you crave to eat, just like your mother used to make...only better. Every part of Brooklyn is represented by Jewish, Italian, Irish & other ethnic favorites. The enormous desserts, all baked fresh on the premises daily, surpass every childhood fantasy. Come home again – and bring your friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brooklyn Diner Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (48)neighborhood gem (38)kid-friendly (30)great for brunch (29)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (24)late-night find (14)special occasion (12)hot spot (9)scenic view (4)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)vibrant bar scene (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Good but PriceyMaritarDined on 11/16/2014We had fun. The food was good but the prices were sky high for a diner! I know it's New York and it's in the center of Times Square - but OpenTable said two dollar signs. I think Open Table needs to explain that two dollar signs in NYC is quite different from two dollar signs in the Philadelphia suburbs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBrunchDined on 11/16/2014The brunch menu was a bit expensive, but everything we ordered was great. The French Toast, the Eggs Benedict, and Huevos Rancheros were all good. I would not say it was very special, but it was good and the service was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always SolidsdjimagesDined on 11/14/2014With its ersatz diner ambience and dependable- if far from diner-priced- menu, Brooklyn Diner is a good Times Square stop for pretheater or just noshing through "the center of the world" as New Yorkers like to call it. The Chicken Pot Pie is tasty, filling and a relative bargain at $22.95; other 'staples' include 'Mile-High' pastrami sandwiches, burgers and various Reubens configurations. The wait staff is competent, the maitre d' cordial and accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DinerDenPatVIPDined on 11/13/2014Not many diners you can reserve a table at but this is one. Food is good and service is both friendly and efficient. But beware - a sense of humor is needed as the cost of hash and eggs is $25.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love brooklyn dinergramercyfoodie1VIPDined on 11/11/2014i have been going to both brooklyn diners since they first opened and there obviously is a reason why i keep going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really Like it!FoodnaticVIPDined on 11/10/2014I'm used to the one in 57th street, but I enjoyed this better, the omelete was very flavorful and the bacon cooked perfectly! I will be coming backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MottStFoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2014We arrived 10 minutes late for lunch due to traffic and the hostess said "you're late." We were very taken aback to say the least. She also said they were very busy and had no tables for us even though there was an open table directly in front of us. We tried to keep our composure and luckily as soon as the manager came over to see us he seated us at said table that hostess said was unavailable. The food was good and the waitress was pleasant but management should seriously consider hiring host/hostesses with manners.Special Features:
- SmallMeganA25Dined on 11/9/2014The space between tables are so uncomfortable , the restaurant does not have good distribution.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2014Perfect for theater goers interested in a nice meal in a convenient location. Try the Pastrami....delicious!Special Features:
- Foodie2Dined on 11/8/2014I had to send my shrimp scampi back. What I recieved was more like flat taste noodles n warm water there was No SeaSoning no flavor at all! The shrimp looked like they we're defrosted steamed briefly and thrown on top! I then had the Chix and mushroom Alfredo. Which wasnt much better ,at least not my plate being that it barely resembled what friend ordered. In comparison I had a smaller portion,broth/water instead of a creamy consistency.. what seriously looked like the same noodles I previosly sent back and the flavor was dulled. I told the waiter Im going to eat this but Look see for your self the difference in the two plates. The manager was very gracious and compensated for it. I wouldn't go back but the staff is very nice place is cozySpecial Features:
- diner1VIPDined on 11/8/2014Such pleasant people working under such incredible pressure. A joy!Special Features:
- great food but make a reservationjfreeDined on 11/8/2014place was packed for lunch on the weekend given the matinee show crowd, but the food and service were still great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a dinerUrbnVIPDined on 11/8/2014Even though the name of this restaurant says "Diner," don't be fooled. The prices look nothing like diner prices. $21 for a hot dog! Really? And while the portions are large and the food is generally tasty, the place is noisy and overcrowded. We had a reservation but still had to wait 10 minutes. I felt sorry for the people at the tables because these seated diners were surrounded by new customers waiting to get a table – peering down on them as they ate their meal, waiting for them to pay the bill and leave.
- Great experience!MarielDined on 11/8/2014I am so glad we made a reservation! Times Square location was jam packed. The hostess was outstanding in making sure we were happily accommodated only 5-10 minutes after our reservation time. Once seated, and the tables are in close proximity to each other, our server was on the spot and several times came back to see how we were doing or if we needed anything else. Next time, however, we will dine at the 57th street location at a non prime-time time.Special Features:
- $110 for breakfast!!!MobeliaDined on 11/6/2014The four of us went for breakfast. My daughter got a chocolate chip muffin, my son pancakes. My husband and I had an omelette and eggs Benedict. $110. Crazy even for New York.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Good location and the menu had unusual items and it was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- theoccasionalcriticVIPDined on 11/4/2014Great location in the Broadway/Times Square Theatre District. Good service and good food. Large portions.Special Features:
- Good for family theatre goersScarsdaleMomDined on 11/2/2014We had friends in town from Canada and were all heading to the Minskoff Theatre together to see The Lion King. The show has an earlier start time than most -- 6:30 pm. Because of subway closures, we were late for our 5 pm reservation at The Brooklyn Diner. Our waiter did a super job of getting our order placed and the food back out to our table in record time. The meal was quite good -- everyone enjoyed the chicken pot pie, the chicken noodle soup, and the fish and chips batter was light and crisp. We still had time for a relaxing meal and got to the theater in plenty of time. This is a very convenient place to eat with children prior to a show.Special Features:
- breakfastgiants1Dined on 11/2/2014went for breakfast with friends and was pleasantly surprised food was better than good and service was attentive nothing was left over - a good sign for breakfast desserts were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommend itnotourfavoriteDined on 10/31/2014We went there for dinner before Broadway show. The open table website rated it as $$ but a burger was $23 and nothing on dinner menu under $2o. Food and ambiance were ok but nothing special. Felt it was overpriced and would not go back. Other great restaurants we went to on our trip last weekend that I would highly recommend in the same neighborhood.Special Features:
- Review price needs revisionDavidVIPDined on 10/31/2014OpenTable indicated two $ pricing so we went for Brunch. Even with Times Square prices it was three $ pushing four. Food was fair to good, service was fair.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably goodMorningsideDined on 10/28/2014I have been to the BD on West 57th St many times. Happily, this one is the same: Friendly service and tasty food--accommodating a wide range of palates. A reliably clean and 'nicer-than regular diner' place for any mealtime. I alerted them in advance that my companion (a former Broadway dancer among her many careers) was elderly and used a walker. They were ready with a booth, off the much louder main floor. We had a fine time and could visit before our evening event at a nearby cultural institution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SherylVIPDined on 10/26/2014Ridiculously overpriced. Most of menu was 'guilty pleasure' food (pastrami, reuben, deep-fried reuben) -- but it comes with just a tiny sliver of pickle, and to get a side of cole slaw costs $7. Would rather go for the much thicker sandwiches at Second Ave Deli -- or Katz's!
- JUST GREAT!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2014We arrived in New York Saturday 25th October and had a table booked for 8.30pm, Richard showed us to our table , we had a fabulous dinner and our waiter Kale was very helpful. We decided to return the following Friday for Breakfast and again the next morning on our last day of our holiday. We have no doubt that the next time we are in Manhattan we will be in to see Richard and all the fabulous staff.. Great food and great service Thankyou ..xSpecial Features:
- Diner foodRichVIPDined on 10/25/2014I thought that this Times Square restaurant would have the look of a diner and serve good food. The place looks like a diner but the food doesn't match most diners I have eaten ate.
- A must go to diner on broadwayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014This is the second time I have been at the Brooklyn Diner and the experience was very pleasant each time. All the staff is very attentive and keeps checking to make sure all your wishes have been met. I found it to be a very friendly atmosphere and an enjoyable dining experience. The outside appearance of this diner could mislead as not being such a comfortable place, but the inside is certainly much more than expected. I would call it an elegant diner where the waiters wear white shirts and ties like in any good restaurant. I had their signature dish, which was a mazing and a well done cheeseburger, which was delicious and juicy. The service is fast, specially if you have a deadlines. I plan to return many more times in the future. Thanks.Special Features:
- Over rated tourist spotLSYCVIPDined on 10/23/2014A high price for an ordinary diner and ordinary food quality. The service is high end tough.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/21/2014As always, very good and reliable. The staff is wonderful and courteous. Good pre-theatre or anytime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerDined on 10/21/2014The breakfast was very good. I had an ice mocha latte, that needs help. Taste like chocolate milk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An elegant diner breakfastEimshuDined on 10/21/2014The restaurant ambiance is very nice. Perfect blend of NYC diner and elegant breakfast spot to meet business folks who also want to feel a bit of NYC memorabilia without any hint of tackiness. Nice, attentive waiter service, cloth table/napkin service with polished covers. Very expedient service. Food is good/hot. Food is too plentiful for my liking but of good quality. The perfect spot to have a relaxed but elegant breakfast with an out of town businessperson or client. While it is on the pricier side-some times reliability of service and food when doing business is more important and removes stress. I was very happy with the whole experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Mid town choicePmagVIPDined on 10/19/2014Had a late dinner here, would not have tried it had it not been rated so highly since it is in such a touristy neighborhood. Staff was outstanding and the food was excellent. It's not cheap but nothing in Nyc isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday weekend in NYCWeekendwarriorVIPDined on 10/17/2014The restaurant has a good variety of foods to select from. The service was spot on!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment333eastVIPDined on 10/8/2014We loved the 57th /St location and looked forward to this one. Wait staff was great, but aside from soups, food was not hot and how could kitchen run out of challah at 6 PM. This is a great place for a ore-theater meal, and it fell short
- Small town delight in the big city!DisappointedVIPDined on 10/1/2014The best of old-fashioned down-home food in a light-hearted, welcoming atmosphere! Step off the chaotic streets of Broadway and enjoy a delicious meal in a quiet, clean, pleasant diner! Greeted at the door by management, the service only gets better as you're seated! Don't miss the chance to absorb a little old NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceDianeMaeDined on 9/28/2014This restaurant was perfect for our needs. Right around the corner from the theatre. We weren't rushed but service was great and quick. Food a little pricey but everything else was perfect. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:
- McCarthyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Everyone was very helpful! Food was great! Would go again. We had a party of 10!Special Features:
- Sunday LunchTedDoesBroadwayDined on 9/21/2014The diner was excellent. I took a business associate. No lines, great food and perfect location for going to theatres. Drinks are very expensive but the food is reasonable. Deserts are huge and can be shared. One tip is to select a good table. They have very diverse seating options (booth, banquet, etc.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent wait staff. Danielle (hostess) is a hospitality pro who really works the room and does so with a smile. Food is above average diner fare. Location is unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joe2VIPDined on 9/18/2014Fun place with "retro" style foods. Pleasant ambience. Most importantly, this restaurant is very conveniently located if you are going to see a Broadway show.Special Features:
- Great find in Times SquareFunEatsVIPDined on 9/16/2014Interesting menu, good food, and great service right in Times Square.Special Features: