The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
155 West 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brooklyndiner.com/
- Phone: 2122655400
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 8:00am - 11:30am;
Lunch: Sunday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm,
Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout
- Catering: Introducing Brooklyn Diner Home & Office Catering! Let our experts plan your next corporate or social breakfast, lunch or dinner- seven days a week. We can provide everything you need to make your event both delicious and memorable.
A word from The Brooklyn Diner Times Square
Celebrating American ethnic dished found all over Brooklyn, the menu features the kind of real food you crave to eat, just like your mother used to make...only better. Every part of Brooklyn is represented by Jewish, Italian, Irish & other ethnic favorites. The enormous desserts, all baked fresh on the premises daily, surpass every childhood fantasy. Come home again – and bring your friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Brooklyn Diner Times Square reviews from OpenTable diners
128 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (54)great for brunch (43)neighborhood gem (36)kid-friendly (36)good for groups (23)fit for foodies (22)late-night find (13)special occasion (12)romantic (9)hot spot (7)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- joe2VIPDined on 9/18/2014Fun place with "retro" style foods. Pleasant ambience. Most importantly, this restaurant is very conveniently located if you are going to see a Broadway show.Special Features:
- Great find in Times SquareFunEatsVIPDined on 9/16/2014Interesting menu, good food, and great service right in Times Square.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goombd3VIPDined on 9/16/2014A restaurant in Times Square supposed to look like an old-fashioned diner smacked of tourist trap, but the food here was quite good and it's very conveniently located to the theater.Special Features:
- KEENJVIPDined on 9/14/2014The Brooklyn Diner has upscale diner food as well as Jewish Deli food. They're known for their chicken soup and huge desserts. A good bet in the Theatre District.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodJackVIPDined on 9/14/2014Great service; reliable food (egg creams). The chicken noodle soup is excellent. Also, try the hummus. The pastrami was cut a bit thick but tasted great. We come back every year.Special Features:
- A fun find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014Even though it is Times Square adjacent, it seemed like a neighborhood restaurant and not touristy! Food was fantastic with lots of terrific options for everyone! Service was friendly and timely. Would go again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelming and OverpricedEaterouterVIPDined on 9/9/2014Several menu items not available. $11.50 for an piece of average diner coconut cake.
- DisappointedGDPoloDined on 9/4/2014Not the same standard as The Brooklyn Diner located on 57th street. Very noise, due to work in the adjoining building. Service was poor by Amercian standards. One plus good location to eat prior to a Broadway Show.Special Features:
- Nice after-theater dinner.ClaraLDined on 9/2/2014We made reservations in this Times Square-located restaurant for after we attended a Broadway show. The location was excellent. Don't let the word "diner" fool you. This is more of an up-scale version of a diner. We had their signature chicken pot pie, which was very good (couldn't finish it--serving was huge).Special Features:
- Delicious Diner. Chicken Pot Pie!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2014I decided to try this restaurant after I saw segment about their chicken pot pie on ABC's World News Now. I was a little concerned it might be a bit of a tourist trap being just off Times Square. It isn't. The restaurant is wonderful. Nice, old world diner feel. Pleasant staff. And the chicken pot pie is to die for! Absolutely marvelous. The crust melts in your mouth and the pie is stuffed with thick, rich broth, vegetables and big chunks of tender chicken. And they make a good cosmo! The four of us all loved our meals and we'll definitely be going back! The Brooklyn Diner is a wonderful, quiet escape from the crowds and bustle of Times Square.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/27/2014food was good, our server was excellent and so was the manager. We were not pleased because we were sitting next to the bathrooms and it was hot due to the AC being on a lower speed. The manager had the air turned up and they were extremely accommodating and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great LuncheileenrcorbinDined on 8/27/2014The Chinese Chicken Salad was amazing!!! The two of us both ordered it and both loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing not so diner, diner!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/26/2014Thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast options. The Tony Bennett French toast is to DIE FOR! Our server was awesome...would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- notforkids2Dined on 8/20/2014My husband and I took our grandchildren, ages 9 & 4, for dinner after seeing The Lion King. This was a bad choice for us as there was no kids menu, the portions are huge and not a lot of choices for the 4 yr old and and was very overpriced.
- Dependable, good foodLeslieEatsDined on 8/20/2014We've eaten here many times and it always serves our needs. This is both a good place to grab a quick meal while on the way to a show (like we did last Wednesday) or celebrate a birthday with family (we've done that there too). A nice diner, which offers a little extra (foodwise) and wonderful attention from the staff. Our recommendation: the chicken soup is wonderful (and huge!) and the chicken pot pie is delicious.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service!ByrdVIPDined on 8/17/2014We had a great meal along with great service. I would highly recommend this resturant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014Loved the organic chicken soup, chicken Caesar and turkey sandwich. Asked for sandwich dressing on theside which was served incorrectly however promptly fixed. A bit pricey for lunch.Special Features:
- Kugle kugle kugle!snwhipDined on 8/16/2014The wait staff is handsome, charming and personable. The food is amazing and inexpensive. We've had dinner several times in the city at more expensive places and yet The Brooklyn Diner Times Square was the best experience yet and more than half the price. We made a reservation via OpenTable the day before and were headed to see Hedwig at The Belasco later that night. The entire evening was incredible. I can't recommend this place enough. The pot roast and kugle are AMAZING! Great pastrami too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but expensive!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and service in a convenient pre-theater location. Don't expect diner prices, though. The pricing was not posted on Open Table and the prices are very high. A bowl of soup was $12!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Comfort FoodCapriceDined on 8/8/2014We were totally on sensory overload in Times Square and ducked in here for some quiet and comfort food. Split pea soup and chicken parm were yummy and the staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical american.NorwegianDined on 8/5/2014Eat the american way. Good taste, a lot of food (more than we could eat).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday August 2MarieDined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent, the wait staff was very attentive and nice atmosphere. Didn't feel rushed during the meal and was able to linger after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good placeMikeDined on 8/1/2014Good place and good service. Convenient and nice atmosphere. Accomadated my special request for the way I liked my eggs were to be prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much of a not good thing...CindyDined on 7/27/2014We were two adults and four kids after a Broadway show. We adults weren't expecting much - but the food was a bit worse than expected. For example, I did not foresee that the chocolate milk for the kids would have a horrible after taste. On the up side, the service was really good. Two members of our party are gluten free, and our server was very kind as we had him running around getting us more information on how the food was prepared, as well as all the other requests we had.
- Is what it is....Leostitch1229Dined on 7/27/2014A rundown restaurant with adequate food. It's convenient to time square but doesn't command the price they charge.
- Overpriced and noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014Beware of a restaurant that does not post prices--even on their website! Diner style food with fancy restaurant prices. So noisy you couldn't talk to the people at your own table. The food was good--but not worth the price!
- Very interesting and goodKoelleAlaaf1979Dined on 7/25/2014It was our first visit in an American Diner. The service was excellent and very fast. The food was fantastic. I had a Cheeseburger with Pastrami. Very delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misleading TitleSuzie04Dined on 7/24/2014I was very disappointed with The Brooklyn Diner. It was expensive and the food was not very good. I ordered the "Perfect Plate" with a roasted chicken breast. It was a salad with hummus and pita with chicken for $22.95. The chicken was so overcooked and dried out that I had to dunk it in the hummus to eat it. My daughter ordered the Turkey Reuben which she said was not very good and it was $27.95. I won't go back.
- Nice,butRaymundoVIPDined on 7/24/2014Quit nice diner environment. Lots of food, but quit expensive for average quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wawaDined on 7/20/2014Very dissappointing - didn't feel well after meal. We could have gotten better food at a local restaurant where we live.
- Great dining experienceTSinkyDined on 7/18/2014The Cuban chicken was delicious and perfectly cooked. The Diner's famous chicken pot pie lived up to its reputation. We loved the look of the place with miles of tile and stainless steel. Server Adam was friendly, informative, and attentive. We'll be back when we return to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/17/2014As always a great neighborhood restaurant. Terrific for pre-theatre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-Theatre DinnertheatrekidsmomDined on 7/17/2014We enjoyed a terrific family dinner before seeing a Broadway show. When one of our party ran late for our reservation, we didn't feel rushed by the staff, and we made the show with plenty of time. Loved the decor and the Chicken Pot Pie!I would recommend this to a friend.
- shishiVIPDined on 7/13/2014Chinese chicken salad is great. Grilled salmon was good but very small. Quinoa was not good but the manager was terrific and comped us dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/12/2014Too expensive for what is served! A/C was n ot working well.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Absolutely fantastic experience - great service and food, convenient location right off Broadway & Times Square.Special Features:
- Great save!LovedNYCDined on 7/10/2014After waiting 40 minutes for our meals, our server (only 4th day on the job) came to tell us that she forgot to put in our order. The management stepped in and rushed through our order but the quality of the meal did not suffer. It was one of the BEST meals we had in NYC! At the end of the meal, mgt. came to apologize again and offered some desserts. They even took care of our bill. We would easily return to the Diner next time we're in NYC and would heartily recommend it to anyone heading into the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMaggie912Dined on 7/8/2014This restaurant, diner.... did not open until 8am. Also to spend $50 for breakfast for 2 people was a bit extreme for what we got, which were omelets. Service was very good, but we truly didn't get enough for our money. I know NY is expensive, but for breakfast I was expecting more for the dollar and for them to be open earlier than 8.
- Great food and service!theatermomDined on 7/5/2014Food was great, service was very attentive and friendly! Maitre'd overheard me wishing my niece a happy birthday, and presented her with a complimentary dessert, complete with candle!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Brunch!IloveNYCDined on 7/5/2014We went last Saturday morning for brunch. It was just delicous! I had the cinnamon and raisin french toast. Best I have had in a very long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.