The Brook Tavern
139 Union Ave.
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Brook Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebrooktavern.com/
- Phone: 5188711473x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday through Saturday, 4 to 10 p.m
Sunday 4 to 9 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Patrick Longton
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from The Brook Tavern
The owners of one of the region's most popular restaurants, The Wishing Well, serves innovative American fare in a historic Saratoga Springs neighborhood. The Brook Tavern features fresh oysters, innovative salads, locally sourced ground beef and an array of artisan spirits and award winning wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
The Brook Tavern - Best Restaurants in Saratoga Springs ›
The Brook Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
75 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)vibrant bar scene (33)good for groups (21)great for outdoor dining (17)hot spot (16)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (10)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Good & Not So GoodPJSonnyDined on 8/31/2014Interesting Menu (perfect) Great staff- efficient & friendly. Quite loud inside, next time, if there is a next time, will sit on the porch. My food was excellent (steak & blue cheese tacos, brussell sprouts). Unfortunately for my companion, (Oysters Rockefeller, Cajun devilled eggs, Itallian meatballs) who uses more salt than I do & likes it, the oysters were extremely salty as if maybe a shaker spilled onto them- that set the tone for the rest of his meal. His eggs were overly salted as well. The meatballs were perfect. We did not complain to anyone, just didn't finish. We had a reservation a month in advance & were disappointed with the outcome.Special Features:
- A bar with really fine food.oatsandhayDined on 8/29/2014Everything we had was excellent and well prepared. My husband said that the crab cakes were the best he had ever had and he has had them everywhere. During track season beware the overflow from the nearby track, so reservations are in order in summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for After-Track Diningblunc83Dined on 8/25/2014Great location and good food! Fun menu with lots of choices for diners. It's nice that they label their GF entrees. Fun bar scene with great music (Bobby Dick) when we were there. Just wish they were open for lunch or brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!RobbyleeVIPDined on 8/24/2014Great service. Waitress was excellent; food was good. Fried pickles were recommended & delivered. Who would've thought? Also had the swordfish special; that was very tasty. The spaghetti & meatball special my husband ordered was weak. Sauce was not well seasoned. However overall, it was a very pleasant evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotJIO3Dined on 8/22/2014Good food at reasonable prices for this time of year in Saratoga. We were able to get a reservation for 5 about one week in advance. If you're looking for salads, sandwiches, burgers, etc., along with a drink, it is great. They also have a daily special which was good the night we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worked out wellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014We went for an early dinner before SPAC and it worked out fine. It was Travers week so everyplace was very busy. Everyone's food was quite good, and the server was very attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great atmosphere, Superb FoodMythreesonsDined on 8/21/2014The Brook Tavern is a gem. It provides such a comfortable setting...from the lighting, to the artwork, to the detailed moulding, to the welcoming bar. The staff members are outstanding and truly make you feel at home. The food...superb! The menu features both old favorites and new dishes. There is something for everyone here at very reasonable prices. Whatever the occasion, The Brook Tavern is the spot. Charming, charming place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014When we visit Saratoga we always include a stop to Brook Tavern. The staff are friendly and helpful. The wait staff attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014Terrific service and food at a great spot just steps from Saratoga RacecourseSpecial Features:
- 2girlsand2guysDined on 8/16/2014We had a very nice time. Three out of four dinners were fine. The fourth dinner salmon special was a little too cooked (dried). Overall it was a pleasant experience.
- Delicious!!!ChrissieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great dinner options!! Everything was delish!! Great GF optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good, better out of track seasonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2014Dinner was good. The track crowd makes it a little loud and the service a little more hurried. The workers are great people. The food is good. I'm a local, so I'll stick to offseason dining there.Special Features:
- . Great Selections!SaratogaSummerDined on 8/15/2014Skillet chocolate desert was a special find. Martini is super!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Experience...SaratogaEating24Dined on 8/14/2014Our waitress was a sweet girl, with a calming way about her, providing great service. Portion size was shocking, meaning not impressive, a long with presentation. A little balsamic drizzle can make a much better impact on the customer. Things to think about and reconsider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for after the racesDoubleEspressoDined on 8/10/2014Our party of eight has dined here each of the last two years. We like the convenient location, the variety on the menu, the reasonable pricing and the friendliness of the servers. Four very different couples all agree we do not need to seek out anywhere else in Saratoga Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to get last minuteAjh714VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were able to get a reservation the day before a day at the tracks. Food was good, service was better. Cookie skillet for dessert was amazing.Special Features:
- Saratoga 2014BNewDined on 8/8/2014We will be dining here the first Friday of August, for as long as we & our group are able to!! ( and the restaurant will put up with us!!). Great food, menu, service and ambiance. We are fans forever, Bruce & Mara Newell.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brook Tavern is a nice spot.luv2eatfoodDined on 8/4/2014The Brook Tavern is a favorite spot for locals during the off season. Dined on Fasig Tipton sales night. Probably not a typical crowd. The hostess has a pleasant personality, the server was less seasoned in service, we waited 35-40 minutes for our food, ate and felt like the server was anxious to turn our table. The tuna tacos and salmon meal was average and below the standard we usually enjoy. Over cooked salmon, brussel sprout appetizer was dry and overcooked.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014Good Food for Good Price! Brought our daughter there after the track.....kid friendly options that were not overwhelming. All food was nice and fresh!Special Features:
- Disappointing Second VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Our visit was disappointing. The restaurant seemed under-staffed for the volume of business. We had to wait 45 minutes for the crab cake starter. My wife's order of half dozen oysters came quickly, but only with 5 oysters, all of which appeared shriveled and dried out as if they had been shucked a long time before serving. We decided to just pay the check and depart.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Other than the mix up with the restaurant thinking we didn't keep our reservation it was terrific. The food is always very good and there are usually some very nice specials. We made reservations for after THe Whitney and sat on the porch. Service was great. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than PrimeDk40204Dined on 8/1/2014Great location for an after track dinner. My steak was better than the one I had at Prime the night before. Great Value.Special Features:
- Just enough after day at the trackGuinness2Dined on 8/1/2014We spent the day in the backyard at the track and the tapas me or mini plates were just the right thing. The food was good. We would go againSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/30/2014Was disappointed since we had really enjoyed dining here last winter. Upon visiting Saratoga Springs this summer we were excited to come back to the Tavern. My tuna tartare was not only cool on the inside but overall cold and not very flavorful. What seemed to be leftover homefries were served with it??. Odd combo in my opinion. My husband's chicken parmigiana was less than anything special and again not served hot. The restaurant was not busy this evening so these mishaps could not have been a stressed kitchen. We won't be back again.
- Unimpressivejp123Dined on 7/26/2014Menu items look and taste great, but meager portions and subpar service undercut this Saratoga eatery experience. Nice bar with great beer list. Small but appealing outside eating area.
- Great Overall Experiencescm81Dined on 7/25/2014First time here on a busy Friday night. Staff was very attentive, friendly, and prompt. The menu has a lot of options for all types of appetites, including small plates, daily dinner specials, and extensive offerings including fish, chicken, beef, pork, and vegetarian, to choose from. Wonderful beers on tap, and great bourbon selection. Our party had chicken, burgers, and tacos which were all tasty. This is a bustling place during track season, so if you're looking for a quiet dinner, would advise against coming here until the off season. If you enjoy an energetic ambience and are coming with a party of four or more, this is the place to be any evening after the track. Really great social scene, and beautiful bar.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We had a very nice dinner after a day at the track. The service and food were very good. Nice atmosphere too !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpotFwilliDined on 7/19/2014The Brook Tavern has become one of our Saratoga favorites. Nice range of choices from burgers to special entrees. We have never been disappointed. Service was great . Save room for that special chocolate Cookie desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super place, close to race trackNYcitydinerDined on 7/17/2014Cozy dining booths and an excellent menu featuring a nice selection of smaller dishes, like a small Steak Frites. Good bar, and a few outdoor tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningMitzieDined on 7/17/2014My husband and I enjoyed a casual evening at the Brook Tavern. The service was great and the food was wonderful. This was our second visit and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Great expierenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/4/2014Ideal location, price friendly, wonderful food, great service. Will certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great before the showMikapatDined on 6/14/2014We were attending a concert at the Performing Arts Center .. The waitress was terrific as was her service . Far from the crowds on the main streets and a quick ride to the SPAC. Only regret was we weren't able to stay longer .. Very comfortable atmosphere and good food !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkEnronConDined on 6/13/2014First time for us and we went with the burgers. They were just ok as the apps, sliced fried pickles and the hummus, were our highlights. Overall the place was a little pricey too with $14 burgers that were ok and $6 drafts. I liked the feel of the joint and we'll give it another shot some other time.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/13/2014Good, enjoyable, will go back to this neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu selectionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/20142 of us were vegetarian and the others like vegetables. Vegetarians had almost nothing to choose from. Most kale salads are at least massaged kale, not raw. Menu should have said so. Will never be backSpecial Features:
- Consistently Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/22/2014Food is always spot on and service is friendly and impeccable. The dining rooms buzz with activity but not enough to impair conversation at the table. Wine list is reasonable and fair in pricing. Overall the Brook Tavern is a terrific value and consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 90 reviews are from the The Brook Tavern reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/16/2014We have been twice and had a great experience both times.Special Features:
- Great experienceJumperpearDined on 5/16/2014En route to the Adirondacks from New York City, we made a quick open table reservation, not know on what we'd find. We were lucky to get a last-minute reservation. The restaurant was pretty full, and I can see why- good food, good atmosphere, and friendly staff. If I'm ever in Saratoga Springs and don't want fried chicken, I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation weekend problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/16/2014Food was delicious, waitress was attentive but the kitchen couldn't keep up with demand. We waited almost 45 minutes after we finished our appetizers for our main courses to arrive. It would have helped if the restaurant served a bread basket and also explained that our entrees were delayed. Other than that it seems like a keeper. Will definitely go on a non-graduation evening to try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceToga2233Dined on 5/13/2014Food was great, service was awesome. Really enjoyed the entire evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.