The Broiler Steakhouse
1201 K Street
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
The Broiler Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://thebroilersteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9164443444
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Debra Stice
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The "Captain's Room" provides an elegant private room for parties of 10 to 16 guests. There is no charge for the room but there is a food and beverage minimum of $150 at Lunch and $500 at Dinner. We will customize and print special menus for your guest at no charge. Semi private areas for 25 to 60 guests are available.
- Private Party Contact: Veronica or Larry 9164443444
- Cross Street: 12th
- Public Transit: Light Rail stop is half a block from front door, City bus stops are one block away on either J St or L St.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: With dinner reservations, you receive complimentary self parking in the building's private garage. Lunch parking is two hour validation in city lot one block from front door(enter off 10th street between L and K).
A word from The Broiler Steakhouse
Set between the Hyatt Regency and the Sheraton Grand, one block from the State Capitol, and Convention center, the 61 year old Broiler Steakhouse invites you to step back in time to an era before "corporate" dining; when you were the center of attention. Relax in the privacy of a high-back booth or a window table overlooking the K St Mall and direct your wait staff to serve at your pace while you enjoy contemporary culinary renditions of traditional favorites; fresh fish, Prawns, Lobster, duck and chicken specialties and of course, Sacramento's widest selection of hand cut Steak choices featuring the best beef available with choices that include American Kobe and USDA Prime.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Broiler Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- The BroilerdineandshowDined on 8/31/2013I always come to The Broiler when there is a theater production down the street or if I'm going to the IMAX or Crest theaters. The staff are super friendly, and high marks for the host, Jose. He always makes my dining experience special.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2013Service was excellent, however items on the menu were not available (Prime Rib/Onion Rings). What restaurant doesn't have an onion? That being said they helped us celebrate a couple of birthdays. Staff was friendly and attentive just not sure on why items on the menu were not available......Special Features:
- Delicious as alwaystimoDined on 8/30/2013i love this place I enjoy it every time i come here. They always give free stuff for special occasions so make sure you mention yours. As far as the food it is always delicious. They only gripe is at my most recent visit the portions were a bit smaller than the last few times i had been here so i gave 4 stars for that instead of 5, other than that I will be a lifetime guest whenever i can afford it :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/24/2013The food was perfectly flavored. Both the spinach salad and beet salad were very generous and had a very good flavor. Both the duck and shrimp risotto were outstanding. Service was also outstanding.Special Features:
- Service was to fastsvc2fastDined on 8/24/2013We sat down quickly ordered a drink and then we ordered our meal before I took my first sip of my drink. The meal was there in less than 8 minutes. Never had time to relax and enjoy our drink. Felt very rushed. The food was good but cool. I would think it came out so fast that it would be hot. I don't think we will be back.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2013We have enjoyed the Broiler as a special place for familiy celebrations in the past. This time the food wasn't up to our expectations. The steaks, rib, filet (our party had four steaks ) were not well seasoned. The lamb chops were good, but the price was $39.00. The salads we great, the side dishes fine, but the meat was not up to the past meal standards. The service was good, the noise level quiet, but there weren't many tables filled at 7:30 on Friday night. We will most likely try to find another place for those family adult dinners. Sad.Special Features:
- I love the old time feelingJanjanVIPDined on 8/22/2013I love the old time feeling of The Broiler, it almost is gangsterest with the signature Godfather dessert and the Frank Sinatra music. Loved it.Special Features:
- Fantastic Accommodating WonderfulhottotrotDined on 8/21/2013The place is well appointed with comfortable seating. The server forgot a few things here and there but that is the only complaint, ie- lemon for water, waited too long to put down shade. The order was perfect however, and the table service couldn't have been better. We asked the wait staff many questions and he was very patient and good with us. We mixed and matched the menu items without any problems. The steaks were cooked perfect and very flavorful. The lobster nice size and tasty. Both desserts we had were scrumptious! Definitely worth going too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attentive ServiceSactokarenVIPDined on 8/20/2013We were treated like royalty from the moment we were greeted at the front desk. We had a nice booth. The tables and booth are situated a good distance from each other so that conversations are not overheard. The lighting was subdued, but not dark. The window view is of the K Street mall; it's probably nicer when it's dark outside. We were provided with a complimentary "amuse," a pate on toast, which was tasty. Bread was provided without us having to ask. I had the bacon wrapped duck (I've had a lot of duck lately when we dine out.) It tasted good, but not outstanding. It's the time of thing that sounds better on the menu than tastes in reality. My sweetie had the spicy pasta, which was very good and provided leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday dinnernewlywedDined on 8/19/2013Wonderful dining experience for the two of us. The atmosphere had a romantic vibe to it. The noise level was low, and the service was impeccable. The food is superb. We would recommend the beef wellington; it literally melts in your mouth. We would recommend this restaurant to any and all of our friends, especially our married friends who need to go out on a date and get away from the kids!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomedjhpaintDined on 8/17/2013The manager Jose is awesome. I made reservations on Friday (open table) for 10, by Saturday afternoon the group had grown to 12 and I left a message hoping they would get it. When we arrived Jose had set up a beautiful private room for me and my guest's with a view of the K st mall. Very nice evening with my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingWineandDineDined on 8/17/2013Staff was not friendly or attentive. Restaurant was hot. From ordering, to drinks, to dinner everything took too long. I'm pretty forgiving when it's busy but this was not the case. Even after food arrived the wait staff never asked if we needed anything else or came back to see how the meal was. Can't even blame it on a bad night as entire staff was very sub-par. Would not return or recommend.Special Features:
- Beef Wellington .... mmmmmmmmm!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2013The Beef Wellington was melt in your mouth delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/10/2013What a wonderful place. The staff really make you feel welcome and that you are important to them. Service was spot on. Food was excellent. Portions were plently big at a very fair price. I will go back anc bring my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a friend from out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/10/2013We had a friend from out of town who is a 'meat and potatoes" guy and it was my birthday. Wanted to find a new restaurant (besides the usual) that would be fun and good. The Broiler was both! The owner/manager was very hospitable and attentive. The wait staff was superb. The food was excellent. 2 people had the Steak Diane - and it was great. 1 person had the bone-in rib eye, and it was perfect. I had the scallops - the noodles and sauce were an excellent surprise. We will definitely go again!Special Features:
- Portions were more than expected4mft99VIPDined on 8/2/2013Prime rib filled the plate and went home for another serving. Mushroom soup was delicious. Special request to substitute the chicken for shrimp in the pasta was made with the result of a memorable meal. So much food that we didn't have room for dessert. Service was attentive and very classy.Special Features:
- Sorry about the Crab.CarolaVIPDined on 7/27/2013Ordered the crab and shrimp louie with 1000 dressing. The shrimp numbered three and the crab came from a can and was salty and was unmistakenly canned. It was a dull shade of grey. I told them that if you featured anything with crab in it and couldn't use fresh, especially a louie, leave it off the menu or add at least another three shrimp and call it a shrimp louie. The lettuce base was baby greens. I don't think anyone knew what baby greens were in the days of louies and available fresh crab. The atmosphere of the Broiler is top drawer and the servers are terrific. Nice stop for after work or after/before the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They love'd it!entertainsalotDined on 7/19/2013First time for my out of town guest, they can't stop raving about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Good Service SuckedCathyDined on 7/13/2013Our first visit here. We were seated right away. We looked through the entire menu, made appetizer, salad, entree choices, and looked through the long wine list and still the nice waiter Robert had not visited us to offer us drinks. We were there over ten minutes before he offered us drinks; we were delivered water and bread by the busboy though. The Maitre D and busboy excellent. They refilled our wine, boxed our food and asked us a couple of times if we're okay. After we were finished, we waited again about ten minutes for Robert to offer dessert. Restaurant had a large table finishing up when we arrived and only two tables, besides us, when we left. Since they were not busy, I definitely expected better service. Food was good though.Special Features:
- GREAT PLACEJackSDined on 7/7/2013This is our favorite meat restaurant. We come here on special occasions for the great food, and Juan always makes us feel like family. The food and service is consistently high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceRTorresDined on 7/6/2013We had an outstanding dinner at the Broiler Room. We had friends visiting from out of town and thought we would give this place a try. It has a classy, old fashion steak house feel to it. Service was very good and the wait time for our food was acceptable. Overall, the food, service and ambiance were great! We would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/6/2013Not flashy, not trendy, just food done very well. A little on the pricey side, but worth the meal and the service. I highly recommend their wild mushroom soup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedBuddahGolfVIPDined on 7/6/20131. Waitress did not know what "blue" was for a steak. First $29 "Bone-in Rib Eye" was both overcooked and did not resemble a Bone-in Rib Eye cuts. The replacement steak was also overcooked, but since my wife was almost completed with her meal - i accepted it. Also, it was not a 16oz cut as on the menu!! 2. For dessert I just oredered a scoop of vanilla ice cream, which was served, but $5.95 for a scoop of ice cream?!!!/ Summary - Overpirced and rather go to Mortons or Ruth's place.
- Treated us like treasured guests!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/24/2013Waitress remembered us and our preferences from last visit, months ago. Warm greeting matched by service that was attentive but not rushed. Steaks prepared perfectly. Love the fact that steaks are cut to order so you can pick how many ounces you want. Don't waste your money at other nearby steak places....this is where you want to go to feel like you are Frank Sinatra out on the town.Special Features:
- Nice combo with an IMAX experience!TabascoqueenDined on 6/21/2013Two of my lady friends and I really enjoy seeing certain movies on Sacramento's gigantic movie screen. (Few IMAX theaters have this; "IMAX" refers only to the sound system.) Afterwards, we go to The Broiler and order appetizers only, usually about 4 of them. Without exception they have all been excellent: much appreciated by eye and nose as well as mouth. We usually order everything on the "small bites" dessert menu as well. There's just enough for one or two bites of each for each of us, which cuts down on the guilt but not the delight. On this last visit three different servers stopped by to take care of our needs. I am losing my hearing, but had no problem conversing with my friends in the quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJWLNorCalDined on 6/19/2013Everything from the decor, the to the service and friendliness, to the food was thoroughly enjoyable and will result in several repeat visits. The variety of food options was unexpected; everything on the menu sounded appetizing and everthing that we saw being served looked and smelled fantastic. I would recommend the experience to anyone and everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2013I am very delighted with our first experience here. If you make a RSVP, there is a parking space for the guest(s). As we walked out we were greeted by a very nice man. The 1950's decor. Which I don't mind (Which others might think it's old) because I think it's the restaurant theme. I find it to be pretty romantic for a special birthday for my husband. Our server was very friendly/attentive. Gave us a few recommendation on wine paring. We didn't get here name but, she's a pretty lady with dimples. Oysters on the Vi Shell(6) very fresh oysters. Caramelized Whiskey Salmon was cooked in perfection no burnt salmon! My fillet Mignon was OK. We had a bottle ofDomain Chandon Etoile Rose. My overall expeience was great would recommend to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/14/2013This was our first time at The Broiler. The food was good, the atmosphere was nice, didn't seem too busy. I was surprised that the service was a little slow, however very good. We were asked when we entered if we were there for a special occassion, which we were, our anniversary. After our dinner the waiter brought us out a dessert to share for our anniversary, which we didn't order. It was very tasty and I ate some of it even though I was full from our meal. I was surprised, however, when we got our bill and that dessert was on the bill! I didn't bother bringing it to their attention, but that did bother me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten year celebrationGiantsfan72Dined on 6/14/2013I have always enjoyed eating here. I am a stickler for service and the broiler meets all my expectations. From the family warmness we receive from Jose as we first enter to the constant attention throughout our meal to the moment we left. Then comes the food. They don't have a ten page menu. And frankly they don't need one. It's calld the broiler for a reason. The steaks, seared fish, pork chops and chicken. I could go on and on, but you won't believe me until you try it. Overall this place is a ten in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superior downtown restaurantRickDined on 6/12/2013Some may fault the Broiler for being a bit of a "throwback" that hasn't kept up with the "trendy" foodie market but sometimes that is just "what the doctor ordered." I have enjoyed the Broiler for over 20 years - at its old J Street location and now on K st and have never been disappointed by the food or service. I used the Broiler for a client lunch and it delivered just as expected with great food with plenty of options and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Bad MealFireworksFunDined on 6/7/2013This is one of those rare places in Sacramento where you will never have a bad meal. The staff is attentive without being cloying, and the food is ALWAYS top shelf. I want their mashed potatoes recipe. We make this a regular rotation location during the theater season. We will also bring out of town friends for a nice night out on the town. Thank you for an always enjoyable eveningSpecial Features:
- Out of bacon?OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2013The waiter informed us upon being seated that the restaurant was out of bacon, so certain dishes (wedge salad) would be served sans bacon..UNLESS you ordered the bacon-wrapped duck. Totally lame...somebody should have made a grocery store run...Special Features:
- So-so restaurantMiri4871Dined on 6/5/2013I don't think we will be coming back. Okay food...not worth the money.Special Features:
- Ordered the Wrong ThingSactoSalDined on 6/5/2013Old Fashioned cocktail was just the way I like them. Fried calimari appetizer was good, lightly battered, crispy,and a generous portion, except that one of the sauces was so hot it buried the taste of the calimari. My entre was a steak wrapped in prosciutto and "puff" pastry. The prosciutto was too salty, the pastry was soggy and tough. The steak itself was excellent. Steamed asparagus was delicious, cooked just right and very fresh. However, there was a square chunk of something grayish looking on the plate, that when I tried it, tasted like a gooey salt block. Waitress said it was the potatoes au gratin. It was terrible, and next time I'll stick with either the mashed potatoes colcannon or a baked potato. Loved the tiny dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not recommendDinnerDined on 6/2/2013Service extremely poor . Staff rude and abrupt. Many mistakes with drink, dinner and wine order for our party of 6 Manager aware of our poor dinning experience but did not address effectively. Restaurant appeared very outdated. Did not match web site presentationSpecial Features:
- Don't go to The Broiler Steakhouse~dlucks1VIPDined on 6/2/2013Ambience was horrible and the service, Shannon was our server, even worse. I asked her what the signature dishes were at the restaurant and she couldn't even answer. For the price go across the street to ELLA for much better food and service!
- Ken's FeelingsKennethDined on 6/2/2013My fiancée and myself enjoyed our dinner at The Broiler. The maître de was especially welcoming and made us feel very special. I appreciated the parking below the restaurant. We attended the musical at the Convention Center and this parking option made the entire evening perfect. Thanks for a great evening. The only critical item on the meal would be the scalloped potato. It was not tasty and seemed like a frozen product heated up. I normally just have a baked potato but this night and because it was the Broiler I chose to change and get a differently prepared potato. Bad decision.Special Features:
- RUDE - RUDE - RUDEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2013We arrived 20 minutes before our reservations and checked to see if there happened to be any tables open early. The host seemed frazzeled and curtly said "NO" so we waited. At 7 we checked in and the same host nearly yelled at my boyfriend, " I TOLD YOU WE HAVE NO TABLES!" It was then we let him know we had reservations for 7 and he said that Open Table was wrong. When my boyfriend told him he was being rude he arrgued he was not, even the other guest were letting him know he was rude and an older couple even walked out. I have never been treated so poorly. I was so dissapointed by this service. This man JOSE has left a permanent impression of my first and last visit. We got the managers name and number and are awaiting his call back.
- Busy Saturday theatre nightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2013Our dinner was scheduled prior to the performance of Les Miserables, and it seemed everyone else in town had the same idea. It took nearly an hour to get food on our table, but once things got going it was a great experience. The food was top-notch; my sister and I both chose seafood dishes. Even with the slow start, we were still able to relax through our dinner and get to the theatre with plenty of time to spare. As always, Jose made us feel like family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing ServiceIODYNEDined on 5/31/2013Enjoyed great food and service. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.