The Broadway Jazz Club
Kansas City, MO 64111Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
The Broadway Jazz Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.thebroadwayjazzclub.com/
- Phone: (816) 298-6316
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Friday: 4:00pm - 1:30am, Saturday: 6:00pm - 1:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Richard Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 5 nights a week -Tuesday nights through Saturday nights. Closed on Sunday and Monday
A word from The Broadway Jazz Club
Night time Jazz club and restaurant. Live jazz Tuesday through Saturday (closed Sunday and Monday) along with full dinner menu and bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
The Broadway Jazz Club reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)late-night find (26)romantic (17)special occasion (16)great for brunch (12)good for groups (10)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Off night???OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/22/2014We have been there several times before and enjoyed both the food and entertainment. This particular night the service was really slow...don't know if they were operating a person or two in wait-staff short or not. It didn't make a big diff since this was our destination. You can hear some great local jazz and music artists here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome music, great food, lovely people.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014The evening was great. The music is fantastic and the people/service is so lovely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in KCAtlantaBoundDined on 11/15/2014On a recent trip to KC, my husband and I went to Broadway Jazz Club. Unfortunately, it was not a good experience. First, we were seated and then asked to move to another table about ten minutes later. Our waitress/server was not knowledgeable about any items on the food menu. My husband had steak and I had the shrimp. Both were very mediocre. When ordering cocktails, the bar was out of my first two choices (no grapefruit juice - really?). The cocktails were definitely not worth the $12 price tag. The jazz was good but the other customers were loud. Would not recommend for food or music. We were disappointed.
- Great place for Sunday brunch!SnowDoggy44Dined on 11/9/2014A little live jazz music during brunch can make for the start of a great Sunday. Food is great. Watch out though, that Bloody Mary can be a bit spicy. :)Special Features:
- really was impressedsingleandlovemusic1952Dined on 11/8/2014Hi...I really enjoyed our experience. My filet was WONDERFUL!!! Band was good and I enjoyed the music that they played. Will be back. BrendaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JKENDined on 11/8/2014My husband and I used to enjoy going to Jardine's on Main Street. Broadway Jazz Club is like the new Jardine's for us. We go for the music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversaryglider04Dined on 11/8/2014We booked the table late in the afternoon on a Saturday and got a great table in sight of the musicians. This was the debut of Ron Gutierrez at the club and it was wonderful. The service provided by Darcy(not sure of the spelling) was outstanding. She checked on our needs multiple times throughout the evening. Luckily, we felt no pressure to leave the table. The food was tasty,hot and very satisfying.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Broadway Jazz Club recommended by a Kansas City resident. We came from Topeka to celebrate a birthday. We heard that Ron Gutierrez was making a debut the evening of November 8th. Glad we came as he and the Charles Williams Quartet were great performers. In combination with outstanding menu items and the servers who assisted us we could not have asked for a better birthday celebration. We hope to be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Live JazzTJTOSHORTDined on 11/7/2014One of the top 5 venues for jazz in town! The service is very good and the food is too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The BJC is a gem We enjoyed a fine dining experience and super music and entertainment. It is a bit of a throwback to the jazz clubs of the 60's. Good food fair prices and a comfortable ambiance ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Halloween party recommendeddonaldabDined on 10/31/2014We had mixed reviews on our food orders around the table. Some really good, some good enough but will order something else next time. Their drinks don't shortchange you on potency. Always felt like the price tag was justified on our martinis. The music was great, and that was the reason we landed here in the first place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeSassyDined on 10/24/2014This was our first time there but will not be our last. Music was fantastic. Food was good. Filet was especially good and truffle fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsgwynethmareeDined on 10/23/2014I go for the jazz and they have a good sound system and set up to enjoy it. That said, I've always had either dinner or dessert and been impressed-the food holds its own too. This last time I was alone, so sat at the bar. The bartenders, Lynn and Steve, were friendly, fun and good. Loved watching Steve make specialty drinks. Nice to have a place I can go to on my own when all my friends are booked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice musicOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/19/2014Good live music for a Sunday morning. The food was ok. The table next to mine ordered the same Eggs Benedict and it looked entirely different and much better. Good waitress, but her instructions were ignored by the kitchen on my order. I would go back just for a nice Sunday morning at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Put some Jazz on my toast!ZootSuitLarryDined on 10/19/2014We visited the Broadway Jazz Club on Sunday for their brunch. The food was great, the service fantastic, and the jazz artist was the best. We had a great time and when we are in the area again, plan on going to the Broadway Jazz Club at night and check out that vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BeceDined on 10/17/2014Food, music, service and atmosphere were great we were not expecting the live music at the time we ate but we were pleasantly surprised. We will definitely be returningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunchmore2meDined on 10/12/2014I found the restaurant to be intimate. Great service. Good Brunch food. Comfortable seating though the banquet was a bit soft. Nice drink specials list. Lovely Jazz entertainment, especially for a Brunch.Special Features:
- goodeatsDined on 9/28/2014We'll be back. Good brunch and great prices! Nice cozy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So impressed!IluvefoodDined on 9/27/2014The food was amazing! The service was very good. They were so friendly and helpful. The band was very good. We were seated right in front of the stage so we had the perfect view of everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NICE EXPERIENCEJAZZYDined on 9/27/2014Enjoyed the ambiance. Band was good. Singer was entertaining as well.Special Features:
- Still a good timesmallwkndrDined on 9/26/2014Opening trio was outstanding! Headliner singer was good too, though my husband swore he heard a song twice... maybe they all just started sounding alike. Still turned out to be excellent evening of Honey Time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Enjoyable Eveningfmh2004Dined on 9/19/2014Second time dining at Broadway Jazz Club and listening to great music. Darcie our server was fantastic. The food was excellent. We ordered everything from a burger to entrees and all was excellent.Special Features:
- Love the Sunday BrunchTiptonVIPDined on 8/31/2014This place has pretty good food--a lot better than you might expect from a pure jazz club. At least for brunch, it exceeded my expectations in every way--it was cleaner, had better ambiance, better food, great service (incl. accommodating kids), and great music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Sunday Morning Surprise!AngieDined on 8/24/2014I attended Sunday Brunch, didn't know how the food or anything was going to be. Read about 'The Broadway Jazz Club ' Sunday Brunch on the website. I was pleasantly surprise! The jazz group was wonderful, the food was good, however, I would suggest having fresh brewed coffee instead of instant. The service was okay, good for the number of people in the restaurant and having only (2) servers. Overall it was a good experience and I had a good time! Yes, I would go back! ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Jazz Brunch!LuvsomjazzDined on 8/24/2014Great brunch selections and fantastic music! Brunch and Jazz a great combination!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date placeDateDinerDined on 8/20/2014Good music (great variety with different performers every night), good food, good drinks, good desert, fun ambience, and great service!Special Features:
- A jazz venue to discover in K.C.BeaverDined on 8/20/2014The Broadway jazz club as a great little find if one is looking for a varied selection of talented jazz performers in Kansas City. I recently attended a performance by a female ensemble led by Angela Hagenbach and backed up by a quartet of very talented musicians. They were outstanding in every way and it was so nice to discover them-they need to be better known in this city and I believe the Broadway Jazz CLub is undertaking a much needed void in this city by presenting some of the great talent that Kansas City has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAirBabuVIPDined on 8/17/2014Great meal, good music, exceptional cocktails, suburb service. We'll be backSpecial Features:
- Great for brunchTGW1VIPDined on 8/17/2014Brunch with music. Both were excellent! Very pleased with performance, food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room to growkcmo57VIPDined on 8/15/2014Food decent. Service slow. Jazz great! This place has potential - we'll be back.
- Amazing ExperienceLoveJazzMusicDined on 8/14/2014We went on a triple date to celebrate my parent's 25th anniversary. The food was amazing and the artists were superb. It was a great time to unwind and catch up with one another. Our waitress was a little slow with bringing our bottles of wine, taking our order, and refilling water. However, it did not ruin our night. Wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Poor service but the owner did comp the dinner. Food only fair, seemed like it was 'nuked'.
- The following 70 reviews are from the The Broadway Jazz Club reviews archive.
- Good BrunchBatesyDined on 7/27/2014The food and music were good but the place was almost empty.Special Features:
- Definitely enjoyeddonaldabDined on 7/23/2014We had solid service while here. It got a little chaotic during set breaks, but that made sense. We tried the beef kabobs (delicious), the wings (very little to no wing sauce, but good fried wings), and potato soup (I liked it a lot, but my husband thought it had a little more sour cream than he'd like - which is any). The martinis weren't cheap but were well made, and I generally don't expect a cheap martini in the first place. The music was great (Millie Edwards) and at a good volume level. We definitely plan to go back and try even more of the menu!Special Features:
- Jazz brunch? Great idea!ride2eatDined on 7/20/2014We had been to Broadway Jazz Club in the evening previously and were intrigued by a Jazz Brunch. It was great! The menu selection was outstanding. It will take several more trips just to try the dishes that made the final selection difficult. The staff was attentive and friendly. The entertainment was great, as usual for BJC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Jazz BrunchTiptonVIPDined on 7/20/2014It's a jazz club, so we were going for the music experience, but I was pleasantly surprised by the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JennyDined on 7/18/2014Extremely friendly and attentive staff. All of our dinners were exceptional, but dessert was a bit of a let down. The jazz ensemble performing was outstanding. 9/10 - will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Average fareTomBinKCDined on 7/12/2014This was our first visit to the Broadway Jazz Club. The music (Angela Hagenbach) was great. The drinks were fine. The food was less than average. We had some small plates - lamb pops, chicken wings, fried seafood, and truffle fries. It was greasy, overcooked, and way overpriced. We may come back to see future entertainers but will definitely have dinner elsewhere.
- Great Food, Great Music!JosephRDined on 7/5/2014We discovered the Broadway Jazz Club because we're big fans of Molly Hammer and she was appearing there. However, I must say that we've dined in a lot of places in KC and hands down, the BJC has the best steak in town! The service is excellent - attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:
- Sons of Brazil...Latin Jazz rocksOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014Love going to go to this restaurant/jazz club to hear one of our favorite groups...the Sons of Brazil.Special Features: